Who Killed Captain Kingdra? (Pokémon Gjinka Noir Murder Mystery RP)

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
upload_2018-3-23_22-2-35.png

"Case File ND-230. Case description: Keither S. Kingdra, former captain of the United Pokénn Naval Forces, esteemed member of Eventide City's upper class, respected entrepreneur, and one helluva showman. Always threw the best parties with plenty'a seafood to go-round. My diet's a bit less lenient towards all that Krabby, but hey; it was definitely better than that Muk-grade imitation stuff they've been serving down at "Dumpling Ditto". But I'm getting off track-

Three days prior to this record, the merry ol'Captain decided to take a Dive off a seventh-floor balcony; the last one he'd ever take. Witnesses at the scene ain't got much to go on, 'cept of course the panic runnin' through their own minds when they realized the Captain wasn't a Flying type, and there doesn't seem to be any motives for possible Foul Play. But I'm not convinced.

Maybe the Captain had some dealings with the Machokes down on Marshadow Street and couldn't pay, or maybe Mrs. Kingdra decided she had enough of the Captain's pleasantries since the old fool's charitable acts were draining the bills faster than a Solar Beam charges on a Sunny Day. Or maybe there's something I ain't learned yet, but Commisioner Samuel Stoutland down at the ECPD think it's a closed case. I beg to differ.

So if somebody decided to axe Keither, the question I've gotta answer is; Who Killed Captain Kingdra?"

--------​

Hey everyone, so just a quick explanation of everything that's going on with this idea;

So after picking up Detective Pikachu and loving it for the goofball product it is, I started to think about what other kinds of crime-based shenanigans could be committed in the Pokémon world that would lead to interesting stories (because let's face it; Pokémon is already messed up a little given how common organized 'Teams' of criminals are and how according to PokéDex entries, many Pokémon would just as soon eat you as they would fight alongside you).

All that thinking led me to think of a Noir-based plot involving everybody's favourite mystery; the 'Who-dunnit' Murder! As well, I also was in the mood to do something with Pokémon Gijinkas (Human versions) for a while, so it kind of worked out in a weird way.

The basic premise of this story will be that we play a group of people from all over the fictional city of Eventide (which is inspired by a 1930's New York City, keeping up with the Noir theme) trying to discover the truth about the 'murder' of Captain Kingdra, a wealthy socialite with a mostly positive reception throughout Eventide who met a grisly end only a few days prior to the beginning of the story. Now while the cast can come from all over, there are a few suggestions I have in mind for who might be interested in figuring out the truth behind the crime;

• Captain Kingdra's Widow/Family attempting to seek some kind of closure. (none of them have to be a Kingdra, they would only take on the surname)
  • A Reporter looking to break one of the biggest stories Eventide City has ever seen.
  • An Associate of Kingdra's (legal or not) who wants to find if their friend was murdered or not.
  • A Witness from the night Kingdra died who has some hidden information that they can't bring to the Police for... Reasons.
  • A Cop who believes that the case requires further investigation.
That list is just a few random people I had in mind if you wanted to play a character more connected with the Captain/invested in his case, but whether or not you decide to play one of those roles wouldn't affect the story in a negative way (as, Spoilers; none of the PC's would be the murderer).

As for myself, I'll be playing the dashing and debonaire Detective Connor Crowbat (<-- click me!), a Private Investigator (and our narrator from earlier in this post) who seems to believe that the Captain was murdered.

So if you're interested in joining, please say so and also be sure to claim the Pokémon you'd like to play (as I wouldn't want doubles of one 'mon in this RP). As well, feel free to add their role so I can get an idea of who will be who in relation to the group. We'll probably accept 3-4 people for this, since I'd want to keep it relatively small given the intimate nature of the plot.

Also, this is a biggie; No characters will be allowed to be under the age of 18 since we'd be dealing with subjects like murder and other nitty-underground ideas. You can have a character be at their lowest evolution, but they MUST be 18 at the bare minimum so we don't have a bunch of adult characters hanging around with a little kid for no reason.

Anyways, looking forward to getting this off the ground!

Last edited: