Who Cried Wolf

[DASH=green]
I hate her. I can't stand her or that stupid little rat. Why did I pick the Saypolian princess out of all the other ones? She made it fine and clear to me the moment I climbed in her room that she wanted nothing to do with me or my country and now look. She's gone and fallen in love with me and I'm kicking her out. I'm kicking the woman I love out of my life just because she wanted fresh air.

It turned out that instead of going straight to his room, he paced the hallway of his floor instead. He constantly passed by his door without the intent on entering. He was having an internal war with himself on what to do about Ariana and himself. If he loved the woman as he claimed, then what kind of prince, man, let's the woman of his life walk out on him after admitting that her feelings were the same. Not to mention that they both lay together; it was no shock that their feelings were even stronger than. Jenis kicked himself over and over at how stupid he was to have let Delorian's words and Xore's stupidity cloud the judgement on his emotions. Those two should have been in completely different boats.

He was torn between the two: protect her by banishing her or protect her by showing her that he was there to stay? He really didn't want to test the theory while she was angrily packing to leave. Packing to leave. Which meant no more fighting. No more late night bickerings. And he would never make passionate love to her ever again. He stopped in the hallway, hair dangling at both sides of his cheeks while his eyes were downcast.

"Princess..."he whispered more to himself than anything, remembering the first time he slurred that title from his lips. "You have obviously never been kidnapped before. First rule, is quiet, Princess. First rule is always quiet!" Jenis could not even bare to laugh at the memory, instead, fear and something else swelled inside his heart as he dashed to her room.

"PRINCESS!"he shouted, for fear that she may have been long down the hall by then instead of in her room.​
[/DASH]

Though Ariana had placed herself into her bed to rest, sleep did not come at all. She just couldn't stop her racing mind and her heart slowly broke into pieces. He never loved her, she had only even been a convenience to him, to make the council get off his back as he attempted to focus on Xore. However, with war not longer preventable after this attack, he had no more use for her, also with that risky incident he could no afford to piss of her father any more than he probably already had. And he didn't need two war fronts on his hands. Though, if her father hadn't done anything to save her at that point then he certainly did not see it as anything of great concern.

So instead of getting any rest, she just lay there, nude under her blankets and sighing as she stared up at the ceiling, tears pouring out of her eyes while Alfred was fast asleep in a nearby arm chair that night. He must have sensed his masters sadness and wild emotions and taken the hint to let her be for a little bit. She sniffed loudly at as she sat up, her hair rather messy as she let the blanket just sit in her lap, her upper body exposed. She felt hot, hot and upset. It was never a good combination. She slipped to the edge of the bed and ran her fingers through her hair, still crying even though she was no longer sobbing loudly.

She was completely unaware of what was going on in the halls at the moment, her mind to foggy from her own crying.

[DASH=green]
It didn't take long for him to make it to her room. He knew where it was, how to get there, but only hoped that she was still inside. The last time he peeled back the door of the particular room, she wasn't in there. She was in a burning dress shop instead, inhaling large amounts of soot and smoke. Jenis's adrenaline returned as he threw, threw, back the door, probably scaring her mindless. Alfred even snapped up from his position in surprise. Jenis's face was covered with tiny droplets of sweat formed from running and stress. It never changed his expression though. He almost looked years younger, holding both hands to both sides of the door as if he were barring her from leaving. His hair was strewn in tiny strings, pants and shirt still cut and scathing from the earlier fiasco.

"Saypol doesn't need you. If they needed your father would have already had my head severed and put on a spoke outside your kingdom. I'd be damned to say that they don't even want you. I kidnapped their princess for my own selfish reasons and you've been here for nearly a year. Is that how the country reacts when they're missing their princess? Lounge back without so much as a threatening letter?"he breathed. His breaths came out ragged because of all that had happened in the past hour or so. His body was straining too much but he hid it quite well, walking into the room with his eyes boring right into hers.

"If my princess were taken, i'd wage war on every little living creature in the enemy land. To the highest council men to the tiniest frog. I'd send every one I have, Ariana, even myself, to get her back." he said, placing a hand on his chest and ignoring the slight pull of his muscles from the earlier dislocation. "If my princess were missing...I'd get her back or die trying. I don't want to die, don't get me wrong, but I will. I'm not hypocrite. Don't believe me? Walk out that door. Watch me."he said, voice falling to a whisper as he looked down at her red rimmed eyes while his chest stuck out heavily, begging for her to touch him and test the theory.​
[/DASH]

Ariana nearly jumped right off of the bed as the door was slammed open, instantly turning and burying herself in her blankets to keep decent just in case it was a clumsy made or butler. However, it was the last person she expected or wanted to see, the prince standing there panting loudly and staring at her with more intent that she ever wanted to feel from him. It made her heart race nervously but she didn't want to feel that any more, not when he did not love her.

She stared at him with wide bright red eyes, tears still falling from them as he gave his speech. Every word, every claim made her heart skip a beat. At this rate her heart just might stop all together. For a moment the room was filled with complete and utter silence. Alfred watched from the chair as Jenis and Ariana had there show down, not sure if they were fighting or just talking. The princess herself seemed to be having issues computing all that he had said. However, her reaction was probably the last thing he expected.

She started to get mad...really mad. It started out as a pout, it slowly growing into a heavy frown as her eyes glared into him gaze. The blanket started to slip from around her as she started to move, first standing on the bed with her knees before finally moving to her feet. She towered over him thanks to the beds added height, the glare growing all the more powerful as she slowly reached out for one of the larger pillows. Once she was armed, she spoke slowly, her voice low.

"First...You tell me you are sending me home...and now you are challenging me to leave? I have offered my feelings to you which you rejected and now you have second thoughts and start trying to claim me again?..you weak little BASTARD!"
She roared at him as she raised the pillow to attack and pounced from the bed.

Somewhere else in the castle, a young maid was was working on a vase of flowers until...

"MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MIND YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!!"

The young maid was startled, the vase nearly falling over as a series of loud thumbs followed and an angry cry of attack.

[DASH=green]
Not the turn of events he was expecting but that is what he got for expecting anything from Princess Ariana from Saypol. When would he ever learn...

The first thing that got him was the fact that she was completely naked. If he weren't so into his little speech, one of his sentences may have cut short as he got a good picture of her body. To say the least, he was thankful that she exposed this fact to him after he was finished talking. Otherwise, he may have looked like a stammering, blundering fool. The second thing that quirked the prince was that instead of melting against him like putty, she was only more enraged if anything! Jenis was forced to hesitate, taking a step back from her as she yelled at him from the top of her lungs. His face of confidence fell into what he then liked to call: complete and utter bafflement. She stood straight and erect on the bed, breasts hovering above his forehead in a deviant, tantalizing manor. Jenis resisted all urges, reluctantly.

Next, came the pillow. Jenis's eyes grew noticeably wider in size as she screamed at him to make up his mind. Jenis half dodged, half caught her from completely slamming into the floor beneath her. Both were bad ideas. He dodged right into the pillow that struck across the brow of his forehead while slinging his arms out to catch her. His right arm yanked and he yelped.

"OW!"he shouted, grabbing her as they both hit the floor. She never stopped ravishing him with her pillow, both bodies an array of cotton, burned clothes, bruises, and breasts. Each time he held his arms over his face to defend himself, she was swinging her artillery wildly.

"Would you relax?! Calm down! Sorry, alright? Sorry!"he shouted. Ariana either didn't hear him or didn't care for the pillow knocked against the side of his face. Jenis quickly reached for her wrists, the easiest part of her body to grab, and stopped her from swinging at him again. "I SAID SORRY!"he shouted, holding his right arm up in defense, hoping to Gods that she was not heartless enough to harm an injured man, though he wouldn't put it past her.

"At least have the decency to let me tell you that I love you, Princess. It's not fair if you play the game by yourself."he said, staring into her eyes with seriousness but also panting. "I love you. There. You win." His voice dropped a notch before he went against every safety measure he believed in, arching his back up just enough to smother her lips with his.​
[/DASH]

Ariana barely seemed to notice the stumble that she and Jenis took to the floor as she bombarded the poor fool with harsh pillow smacks. She sat on top of him, as nude as the day she was born while attacking him heartlessly. She did not stop as he cried in pain or when he tried to say sorry, she was toning him out as much as possible. However, no matte how much she ignored him, she could not ignore the tears that poured down her face as she cried while hitting him, her chest heaving as he finally grabbed onto her wrists and stopped her from attacking him any more.

She just hiccuped as he yelled his apology, his voice softening as he told her that he loved her as well. Her face was a mess at this point, her cheeks flushed while her eyes were bright red. Her cheeks were stained with tears as she hiccuped again, her lips quickly being taken into the sweetest of kisses. Without a second thought she returned it, letting him hold onto her wrists as tightly as he wanted while she hovered over him, her tears dripping onto his face. She had to pull back though, taking in a large breath as she pulled a hand out of his grip and messily wiped her eyes.

"You are...so...stupid. Don't play with me! I...I love you and then...You turn away...Now you want me to stay...Stop it...just stop playing with me!"
She gasped out between heavy breaths.

[DASH=green]
Instead of comforting her and apologizing for acting like a maniac, which he was, he chuckled at her disheveled expression.

"Alright, I'm done. I'm done."he laughed, rubbing her hair with his fingers and pressing kisses to her cheeks. She reminded him of a tiny girl who had lost her doll while sprinting through town, crying freely and wiping at her eyes, only worsening the red of them. In truth, he had no earthly idea what was so sad about the entire scenario, but he did know that they were both honest with one another. He had known of his feelings for her the moment he won his little bet, taking everything he did and did not do in account. Never before had he acted and reacted the ways he did to each of the other princess he had met. Ariana and he were opposites. No wonder the two of them argued over every little thing.

"Relax. Crying in the face of your husband-to-be is not very lady-like. And you call yourself a princess."
he cooed with his pirate smile flashing widely. His heart was racing and it was not because she was bare and sitting on him. It was because he had finally kidnapped her. He took her heart without a moment's warning and she hadn't even noticed it. Jenis, you sly snake, you. He chuckled once more at her deranged onslaught of hiccups, moving his lips to match hers and pulling her on top of him. Just that once, he would let her win.​
[/DASH]

Ariana finally started to calm down as Jenis spoke to her and held her, his kisses seemingly helping control her tears. Her cheeks were still very flushed though as she stopped rubbing hers, each on now blood shot as they possibly could be. She sniffed loudly as she looked at his face, his sly grin making her want to smack him and kiss him at the same time. After taking a large breath as looked down at him with a small glare and a pout.

"You....are such a bastard." She said to him before he captured her lips in a kiss.

She let him hold her close, her nude form going unnoticed as they continued to kiss each other. She took his face into her hands and held it gently, kissing him even more as they laid there upon the floor together. Eventually, after having kiss long enough to make up for a million life times, she pulled back slowly and looked into his eyes, panting a bit as she caught her breath.

"But..."
She said softly. "You are my bastard.

[DASH=green]
Jenis laughed hard at her reaction and response to his actions. It was exactly as he had envisioned it in his mind: Big, bad, Ariana trying to maintain her pompous stamina, making Jenis feel lower than dirt when she was actually melting into his hands by the simple sentences he spoke. It was all a part of the game they were playing, a script to a play that would be seen over and over again for all to bask in. Prince Jenis and Ariana, to different halves of the same whole. His laughter faded down at Ariana's large mounds of breath fluttering against the base of his neck.

"First rule is quiet, princess. First rule is always quiet." he whispered slyly. In one quick motion, Jenis wrapped her around his left arm and pushed off of the ground with his right, ignoring the pain in his shoulder. His destination was the bed and a paradise that he and Ariana both had a first class ticket too. And he didn't even have to win that one. She gave it to him willingly and without too much pain coming into play, Jenis did not half to hold back one minute.

He made this one different, though. It was not an apologetic act of love nor was it something he merely wanted to experience again. He was making a promise that the two of them would always be connected. No matter how much of a bastard he was or how naive of a princess she was. There would always be that closeness, both physical and emotional. Even thoughts of marriage seemed minuscule to their bond, though he planned on making that happen sooner than she thought. For that night, he wanted to feel all of her: no holding back, no doubts, no regrets, and definitely no more bets.

The two repeated the process twice before ending up in a slumped pile on the opposite end of the bed, wrapped under her cream colored sheets. He held her close to him, arm wrapped around her body in a protective hold. He was actually the first to fall asleep, knocked out by the day's event and the ride his body had went on. His lips remained close to her temple in a signal that he kissed there before the two of them drifted off into their own lands. A land they forged themselves and would be staying in for a lifetime.​
[/DASH]

*Epilogue*
A Day to Remember

The next months after the day of the fire were more than hectic, they were crazy! Ariana had come to terms with her feelings and now found herself all the more close to the annoying prince on a regular bases. However, being as head strong as she was she refused to just sit back like some little lady and sip tea. After much fighting, a few back rubs and the threat to withhold her body from him, she had gotten Jenis to have a chair brought in for her so she could also be apart of the council meetings. Originally the men of the council did not approve but with her sharp eyes and more eagerness to join in conversations than the prince, they finally came around. After all, at least then someone was listening.

Along with emerging herself into the political ways of the kingdom she did some other planning as well, mostly for the big day. After all, if anyone was going to have time for putting together a wedding ceremony between to kingdoms. But just like every wedding, it always comes with it's surprises as well...

"JENIS! FOR THE LAST TIME YOU CANNOT SEE ME IN MY DRESS BEFORE THE CEREMONY!" Came the stressed yell of the princess as she was being dressed into her gown behind a privacy screen, a consistent knock bothering her for the tenth time that day.

"What about fathers?"
A chuckle filled reply said as the door was opened by the King of Saypol, Philip the Great.

Ariana peaked her head out from behind the privacy screen with a small smile as she looked upon her father, her lips soon turning into a pout before she was yanked back by the maids to finish dressing her. She seemed to be livid at the moment with the man, another chuckle only coming out of her father as he walked forward, his happy face only dampened by the black eye patch that covered a rather fresh looking bruised eye. He also seemed to have one of his arms wrapped up in a brace, though it did not require a sling.

"Honey, don't me mad at me...If you were truly that upset about what I had done you would have cancelled the wedding just to spite me. Besides, you got your revenge by chasing me around the manor for ten hours straight with a fireplace shovel. Now please smile for me on your big day..."

"The only thing you'll be getting from me is another black eye!"

Now for most people, they would have no clue what the pair was talking about but the maids around them knew. After sending a letter to Saypol, announcing that she alive and also getting married, her father marched with his strongest men to Kalerin. However, instead of attacking, he happily greeted his daughter and congratulated the pair. While his daughter stood in shock, the king quickly spoke with Jenis about his youth and how he had done the same thing to capture his own wife, Ariana's mother. When the guards at the gate had informed him of who Jenis really was and the intentions that he had claimed to have, the king just left it be. If it worked for him, who was to say it would not work for his daughter in the reverse sense?

Saying that Ariana was mad would be an understatement. She not only socked her father angrily in the face while he laughed but she also proceeded to push him down a flight of stairs and break a chair over his head. Though, as the stories of Saypol go, the people were hearty and the king was no exception. He survived his daughters beatings with a chuckle and light defense, spending the majority of his first day in Kalerin running from his daughter and her assortment of make shift weapons. Now here the pair was again, though thankfully wedding day jitters kept the princess tame enough to just bit at her father with nasty remarks. Another series of chuckles slipped out of the older man as he took a seat upon a vanity stool, his military uniform and long flowing cape making the man look as strong and noble as he had been in his youth.

"Alright, alright...I know you are mad at me still. I probably deserve it for having putting you in such a stressful situation. But, even you can not hide the giddy feeling on your face. You are an open book just like your mother...However, At least let an old man walk his daughter down the aisle without fearing for his life. I won't be able to see you anymore one you are queen of this country, and I'll be busy training your cousin Randolf to take the throne. Now is our last day together going to be you all mad at me or will you smile for me as you get married?"

There was a moment of silence before Ariana stepped out from behind the privacy screen, dressed in her gown and lace jacket.
Elegant-Medieval-Wedding-Gowns.jpg
P_9910_2_303972.jpg

"Of all the men that had to be my father...I got the one that had political speeches as a major in his studies."
She said to him before smiling a little and trotting over to her father to hug him.

The pair hugged tightly for a moment as the maids all slipped out, done with their task and hurrying off to get to their places for the ceremony. Ariana pulled back, giving her father a small punch in the gut to which he laughed at as he rested a hand on her s
houlder.

"You look just like your mother, I think the only thing you have of mine is that wild hair of yours!"
The king said as he stood and moved his daughter over to take the seat at the vanity. "And they have done their jobs well, you are a rose every day of they year, but today you surpass the whole garden. However...Something is missing."

"Of course there is, I still haven't put on that mile long veil that they insisted that I wear! If I don't trip on my dress I'll be tripping on that!"
She said as she reached over to the pile of white netting and lace that could rival most of her usual outfits in delicacy. The only solid part of it was the hair comb that would be used to attach it her large mass of curls that sat on top o
f her head.

"Well, yes...but that isn't what I meant. Here...just close your eyes for me."

Ariana gave her father a curious look before doing as she was told, her eyes closing as he reached up. She felt some tugging as the veil was taken from her grip, followed by a small weight on her head. Finally there was a light thunk upon the wood vanity in front of her.

"Alright, you can look now.

Ariana opened her eyes and gasped loudly, her eyes wide at what she saw. In the mirror she could see a sparking tiara, the diamonds gleaming as it was placed right along the large ribbon in her hair that formed the mound of curls, her veil had been tucked into her hair and draped around her lightly. On the vanity was a velvet box, inside of it a matching pair of earrings and a necklace to go with the tiara.

sterling-sliver-wedding-jewelry.jpg

"This...This is..."

"Yes...It was the same jewelry your mother wore at our wedding. I had your aunt bring it here so that I could give it to you...Ariana, I know these past years have no been ideal, and I have not been a supporting father. For that, I apologize. However, there is one thing I will never be sorry for, and that is being able to raise you as I did. You are a strong powerful woman and you will do this country and your own proud. If your mother was here...I'm sure she'd say the exact same thing...Though, probably in a more motherly way."
He said as Ariana started to tear up. "Ah! Don't cry yet! Save that for the groom...Besides, the maids will yell at me if you end up ruining your make up."

The princess just laughed, dabbing at her eyes lightly to stop the tears before she turned to look at her father with a large grin. She stood and hugged him one more time, The king just smiling and returning her hold.

"Thank you Daddy..."
She said softly.

"Of course, Sweetie...Now come on. You have a wedding to be in."

Another laugh was shared as Ariana grabbed up as much of her dress as she could, her father picking up the majority of her veil as the two left to room at a quick pace. After all, the ceremony was about to begin.

[DASH=green]
"Come on, Ariana. I don't even care about the stupid dress. I just want to tell you something."he said, rapping his knuckles against the door for the umpteenth time. He could have just passed the message through the closed door instead of telling her face to face but Jenis never played by the rules. Besides, this was his wedding day! Shouldn't he be getting what he desired from his woman? No, she always had to stand next to tradition with a stern look on her face. He tried to snake and maze his way around the door with cunning remarks and false pretenses that he had to see her urgently, but she was a rock that was holding its own ground. So, again, Jenis groaned and paced himself away from the door, afraid that any longer, her might have knocked the door down with his shoulder since it seemed he had a reputation for doing so.

He leaned against the pearl wall dressed in the fabulous tux the tailors had made for him. It was designed exactly the way he wanted it: a simple black and white. Delorian had protested against the dark colors, trying his hardest to coax Jenis into wearing the colors of Kalerin. Jenis bared his fangs at Delorian with the utmost repelling forces he had in his teeth. The day was not about Kalerin, he had explained, nor was it about Saypol. It was about him and Ariana being tied together in life and love's bondage for all eternity. Not over some stupid colors. Delorian, disgusted at Jenis's poetic response, huffed and reluctantly agreed that the simple black did well for his shoulders.

retltux1_large.jpg

He thought it reminded him of Ariana when he had first threw her out of her window. She was dressed in that all black lace dress that he admired so much. If she caught on to what he was trying to prove by wearing the black tuxedo, he had no idea. He only hoped it would be enough to please her on her special day. That was one of the questions he wanted to ask her, but no. He was stuck out there and she was trapped in there with her father. His facial features lightened when he was brought back to the grand spree she and the old man had around Kalerin. Jenis was surprised she would act so boisterous in her age but that was only a plus for him: to know that his wife knew had to have fun. Fun wasn't the word though. The woman was malicious! If he and the other guards didn't trail them off to opposite directions, she may have actually placed him 6 feet under ground!

"Ariana..."he groaned again, lips pouting in the same fashion has hers would do. He wanted so desperately to see her beauty! Not wait for the stupid song and march and hoo-hah of the priest! The whole country and even some Saypolians gathered in Kalerin to witness the bonding of Prince Jenis and Princess Ariana. Some thought of it all as a joke. Why would the princess marry a man who kidnapped her? Was he forcing her? Was she doing it for the sake of her country? Jenis thought it all made a rather good novel and even wanted to bend so low as to murmer in the ears of the reporters and writers that the stories were true. Ariana was always the buzz kill however, slapping him hard across the back or studding his toe with her heel when he did mention the lies. However wonderful a novel it may have been, Jenis and Ariana were still getting married for the simple fact that they loved one another to the debts of their souls...

...he just wanted to see her!

"Can I just...Can't you just crack the door? I won't look at all of it, scouts honor."

He was never a scout.

"Prince Jenis, the ceremony beings in 2 minutes, sire!" Jenis gave a curt head nod towards the guard before turning back to the door.

"Fine. I didn't want to see anyway."he joked, knowing she heard the time warning as well. He touched the door with his bare palm, whispering the softest of luck to her, before turning away, the tail of his coat swaying directly into the main Ballroom Court where his wedding would begin.

Crystal-Room-Willard_large.jpg
[/DASH]

The wedding was just about to start. The Ballroom was full as can be, one side prepared for the actual ceremony while the other was prepared for the reception. It was quite a large ballroom after all, and it saved the guests the trouble of having to go to a different place for the reception. Ariana could hear the musicians playing music to keep the waiting crowds patient and entertained as last minute adjustments were made to her dress by some hand maidens nearby. The groom's men were all linked with a bride's maid, the flower girl and little ring barer were standing side by side behind the long line. After they went, it would be her turn, her and her father.

"Ariana...You are fidgeting."
Came her father's smooth voice as she looked up at him, a hand maid taking her unused hand and placing her large bouquet of pink cherry blossoms and white lilies.

"Sorry...I just can't stop...I mean, I'm getting married...I think I would have rather eloped."
She mumbled to him, causing the large man to laugh loudly, the hand maidens quickly shushing him.

"It's not so bad. I mean, at my wedding it tool forever to get through. Then again, we did have the ninety year old priest doing the ceremony. Thankfully yours is much younger."
He joked as his daughter smiled.

A hand maiden rushed by and silenced the eager crowd waiting behind the closed doors of the ballroom entrance. Ariana and her father were off to the side to make sure that they were not seen too early. Then, the wide doors opened and the parade of bride's maids and groom's men began, slowly followed by the small flower girl and the ring barer. The procession was rather slow and Ariana found herself jittering around again. However, the sudden rise in music and change in song alerted her to what was about to come.

Slowly the pair started to walk into the ballroom, the light shining upon them as they slowly made their way towards the priest and Jenis.

[DASH=green]
"Sire...Sire!"

It was about the third time Jenis had heard the same voice snap that word and it still took him moments to actually obey the angry command. Jenis's neck could have been made of rubber by the way he was straining to see Ariana. He stood firm and tall alongside of his men, the line of men dressed in their pearl and black suits. Jenis thought they looked smashing in the normal, yet defiant looking colors. However, he had come to that conclusion long ago. Now, he was trying so desperately to get a glimpse of his bride to be. The double doors had opened and that seemed to set Jenis on fire. Like a little boy sneaking into the meeting of his father, Jenis went as far as to stand on his tip-toes and stretch his neck as far as humanly possible to look passed the masses. He looked almost like a dark swan! Dressed in all black with an extended neck!

One of the guards behind him was the one motioning for Jenis to stop the act. It didn't look so well to the mass of people who were watching the procession roll by. There were quite a few who actually started to snicker and laugh, including a great many of the kids. he was putting on a show without even noticing it. For the last time, the guard sent out another, 'Sire, please!' for Jenis to actually settle back in his right standing position, hands calmly at his side but a disappointed pout finding its way to his features.

The march began to play and Jenis was more giddy now than ever. He was about to get married: some say he would be getting 'cold feet' and seriously doubting bonding with him. If anything Jenis wanted to kick everyone out so that he could be alone with her...wherever she was! The music was drawling dangerously slow, but Jenis managed to let out a deep exhale and relax. This was his wedding day, of course. He should be savoring, not rushing. He blinked his cocoa eyes when the the small girl and boy trotted the isle, creeping up to Ariana's arrival.​
[/DASH]

The crowd instantly stood as the princess and her father entered the grand ballroom, her dress and veil flowing behind her as they slowly made their way down the aisle. She was smiling ever so lightly as she clung to her father's arm, her eyes looking forwards and glancing towards Jenis. She had not realized how long the aisle would be with the number of guests that they had, she could barely see her husband to be with them all standing up. However, the more they walked down the aisle the easier it was to see him. Her smile only grew as her cheeks suddenly became flushed with excitement. This was it, she was going to be married!

Her father was also smiling, the picture of a proud father and king. He held his daughters are gently in his own as his other hand rested on top of her's for a little comfort. It seemed the old man could tell that his daughter was just as happy to run up there on her own as she was to walk the slow procession song that the council had said they should use for tradition sake. Ariana gave her father's arm a small squeeze as she was only a few feet away from Jenis now, her father pausing in his steps to hand his daughter over to the prince, just as they had practiced so many times before.

[DASH=green]
He finally was able to catch a glimpse of his goddess laden in all white even though it did take a few seconds. The march count was so slow that he had to grit his teeth from sending a glare or two towards the pianist. All of the people stood when Ariana and her father began to make their way down the aisle. The gasps of awe from the women littered the surrounding area while the men kept straight faces, paying their respects to the King of Saypol. A maid or two dabbed at their eyes, probably emotional at the fact that they have tended to the princess for so long before the moment came, remembering all the times they fought to calm her down when Jenis and her would argue. There was a line of guards across all of walls looking serious and focused, as all guards would.

Jenis's face lit on fire when he saw Ariana and almost had to stop himself from bursting out in laughter when he saw her behind her veil. The strong woman he had met a year ago was now jittering about her own wedding. Her father looked as calm as ever, a happy smile plastered across his face. He must have put her strings of attacks behind him and decided to focus on the wedding of his only daughter instead. Jenis was able to finally breath and relax when she came closer and closer to him, eventually sliding in front of the bride's maids that waited for her at the side.

"I guess it was worth the wait."he said and received a crisp glare from the preacher before he went on about matrimony and the whole 9 yards, Jenis never letting his eyes leave her once.​
[/DASH]

Ariana couldn't stop herself from smiling as she saw Jenis' face heat up brightly. She could hear the small sniffles from nearby women and the feel the respectful looks of men who were directing them at her father. Her eyes did no stray from Jenis as the last few feet were walked, her father pausing and smiling as he moved his daughter right into place with the bride's maids before he stepped back to take his seat in the front row amongst the majority of her family.

Ariana couldn't stiffle the small giggle that follow at Jenis' comment, the priest also sending her a small glare of warning before he began to go on about matrimony and how it was sacred in every way. However, the princess missed most of it in truth, she was to busy looking back at her prince. Everything was a blur as they shared gazes, the priest talking just about every little detail of how marriage should be respected and such. She only came out of her stupor once the rings were called for, the young boy who carried them stepping forward and holding them up nicely.

"Prince Jenis, Please take the ring and repeat after me..." The priest said slowly and Ariana held out her hand for him to take.

[DASH=green]
Jenis repeated all of his lines like a good little prince, while he took a simple gold band from the little boy's cushion. The boy looked frightened to be preforming the act in front of most of the high officials in the room, but Jenis sent him a wink, hoping to soothe his anxiety. The boy's rosy face grew even dark but a smile was soon managed. He had remembered the speech like the back of his hand and it felt fluid and natural when he repeated after the priest. Ariana's eyes brought him away from the little boys and he smiled when the priest turned his head to ask her to do the same.

The ceremony went smoothly. There were no outbursts, no interjections, and no flying arrows. Jenis was placidly waiting for the kiss that would seal the deal. His impatience had not faltered since he had risen that morning. The first thing he did was throw off the covers, and shake Ariana violently, since they were both sleeping together from the incident on. His face was as bright as sunrise, yelling at her that if she didn't get up, he'd through the dress on her himself. She, of course, refused, but it did get her up and out of bed. Now, all of his waiting was worth it up to that very second when he looked down into her eyes after having slipped on the ring and graced her with a smile.

Then came the I do's, the moment he had been waiting for.

"Do you, Prince Jenis Horath, take this woman, Princess Ariana Belhard, to be your lawful wedded wife, to love, honor and cherish her through sickness and in health, through times of happiness and travail, until death do you part?" It was a stupid question, really.

"I do."he said, voice set in a serious and smiling tone when he asked Ariana the same question.​
[/DASH]

When it was her turn, Ariana repeated every word smoothly and properly, making sure that she did not miss a beat. She seemed to know the words just as well as the priest did, she had practiced so many times. With a faint smile at the blushing little boy she took her ring and placed it on Jenis' finger, her hands holding his now as they finished the exchange of the rings and then moved on to the most anticipated and wanted part of the ceremony.

The I dos.

At this point Ariana could not believe that ceremony had gone so smoothly. There had been no attacks or threats or fainting in laws to cause the ceremony to pause, nothing to stop them from going through this big moment in their lives. If anything, Ariana was sort of expecting for something to go wrong, for a bride's maid to trip on her dress or for the rings to get lost. When none of that happened she was slightly surprised, but mostly relieved. She gave him a small smile of her own as he looked at her, the two most important words he could ever say slipping from his lips so easily. The priest soon turned to her, holding the same serious gaze.

"Do you, Princess Ariana Belhard, take this man, Prince Jenis Horath,
to be your lawful wedded husband, to love, honor and cherish him through sickness and in health, through times of happiness and travail, until death do you part?"

"I do..." She said softly as she smiled at Jenis a little more.

"Then by the power vested in me by the king and the church, I pronounce husband and wife...You may kiss the bride."

[DASH=green]
As if I need permission...

Jenis did both he and Ariana a favor and pulled back the veil that had shrouded her face for the longest. She had heard snip-its of her complaints about the long, laced fabric, but it was protocol for a wedding so she had to abide by it, just as he had to abide by the rules of waiting until she came in to see her in her dress. Slowly, ever so slowly, he lifted it back and was hit with a stunning sight. She was more beautiful in that second than he thought he had ever seen from her thus far, which was the main goal of women on their big days. Her face looked as soft as a pillow, only wearing light make-up, not anything too heavy. He couldn't really tell if she were smiling or was gritting her teeth behind the nervous pull of her lips. Whatever the case was, it was adorable, and Jenis didn't want to wait any longer than he already had in the past full months.

Grasping the sides of her face full in his hands, he looked at her for a moment as if to say he would hold her like that for the rest of their lives, before bending his lips down to meet hers. Behind closed eyes and locked lips, he heard a whoop go up from the crowd behind him and the clapping and cheering ensued. For the most part, he blocked it out, only concentrating solely on the kiss he was locked in. No one had really given him a specific time to kiss and when to stop, and, as it always seemed when it came to Ariana, things always got out of hand. So, breathing once through his nose, the kiss went on. There was a tiny rise of laughter when one of the guards pulled on Jenis's arms sleeve in embarrassment.

"Sire!"

Jenis broke the kiss, in much reluctance, but didn't break his gaze from her, no matter how bad he wanted to back hand the guard behind him.

"Does this mean we can ditch this place while I whisk you off to a fantastic paradise?"he cooed, smiling behind his double meaning.​
[/DASH]

Ariana found herself blushing quite madly as Jenis reached out and started to lift the veil. Her hands were clinging to her bouquet tightly, her nerve obvious as she seemed to be doing her best to smile while containing all her joy at the same time. There was only one part left, the final signature to seal the deal...The kiss. Her cheeks were a brilliant red at this point as he placed his hands upon her face. She looked into his eyes lovingly for the longest time before he leaned in and kissed her, her eyes closing happily as she leaned in. She reached out to hold him as well, her arms wrapping around his back as she stilled held tightly to her flowers.

She could hear the cheers and whoops of praise from her family, her cousins and aunts and uncles all clapping loudly as some of the younger boys started to whistle loudly. Her father was also clapping, his much louder than everyone's. However, as Jenis continued the kiss and they two seemed to forget where they were, the clapping turned into small chuckled as a guard as to remind the prince what they were doing exactly at that moment. Even the bride's maids were giggling as they looked at the embarrassed flushed of the princess's cheeks.

A laughed finally slipped from her lips at his words before she shook her head a little and looked into his eyes warmly.

"I thought we were already there..."

~THE END~