Who Are You Really??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashela had noted the smirk at the word book, which had only caused her to blush more and shift uncomfortably. Despite his words about being able to sleep in any light, she got up, grasping the book to her chest and went to turn off the overhead light that the room had. "Rest well Kalen," she said from the darkness near the door before she walked forward. As if nature wanted to help the girl's appearance, as she stepped towards the window seat, the moon came out through a break in the clouds to illuminate her perfectly. She could have been a ghost in her black nightgown with her golden hair pulled over one shoulder as she stepped over to the seat and sat down in a way that she could see the words but not have her shadow fall over it. She opened the book and began to read, occasionally letting out small gasps or a giggle here or there, occasionally a croon or soft oh no until her eyes slipped shut, book falling from her lap, head resting against the window.

The next morning found the girl in the same position, hands limp in her lap, head against the window, sleeping as peacefully as if she had fallen to sleep in the bed that had been not ten feet away. The sun peaked its way into the room past her for. She remained asleep until there was a bell somewhere above them ringing out. Even then she remained resting for a few extra moments. "Can't we skip?" she groaned out, eyes and body remaining still despite her active mind.

Kalen smiled when Ashela decided to turn off the overheard light anyway, admiring her consideration and kindness. “Thanks Ashela. You rest well too...” As he spoke, he found himself trailing off in his own statement, and before he knew it, he was out just like the light that Ashela had just shut off. The last sight that his eyes had laid upon before closing up completely was the almost surreal appearance of Ashela, thanks to the moon’s perfect angle of illumination falling on her. The black nightgown seemed to only add to the overall grandeur of it all. Needless to say, once Kalen fell asleep, that was the end of it and it was almost guaranteed that he wouldn’t wake up until his circadian rhythms told him to do so. Being the heavy sleeper he was, Ashela’s gentle sounds while reading the book didn’t bother him one bit. He thought that he would’ve been able to sleep a little later than usual, but he supposed that was no longer the case since his bosses wanted him to investigate before class. So, his internal alarm would set off around 6:45 am as per the norm.

When that time came around, Kalen reluctantly opened his optics and slowly sat up from the comfortable bed. He stretched his arms out and yawned faintly prior to sluggishly stepping out of bed. At first, he’d fallen right back down onto the soft mattress, but then he reminded himself to get back up. It was then that he took note of where Ashela had fallen asleep. He smiled at her and comtemplated about whether he should move her to her bed until the first bell had rung. He hadn’t realized a bell would ring this early, but perhaps it was just a wake-up call for those that wanted to awaken earlier. That was his signal to get ready and head out before his morning class started. He wasn’t sure if Ashela possessed an early class or not, but he figured that even if she did, she would have at least another hour to sleep in before the first 8:30am classes came around. “Um...I don’t think we should skip Ashela...” he replied softly to her, whether she could hear him or not. After grabbing a couple of pieces of clothing, he walked into the bathroom to get ready.

It didn’t take as long as he thought it would to throw his corset back on, with a purple frilly long-sleeved blouse to go over it. Another long skirt did the trick as well, only this time it was black. And then came the accursed high heel shoes that were at least 3 inches tall. Even so, he was amazed he could walk properly in them. Sighing, he stepped out of the restroom once he had looked himself over and wondered if Ashela would be awake at this time. If she wasn’t, would she want to be awakened? Or would it be better to just move her to her bed for a more comfortable sleep?

Ashela had gotten up once she had heard the door to the bathroom shut. Her eyes remained closed as she navigated the room until she ran smack-dab into the closet. Opening her eyes sluggishly, she opened the door and pulled out a skirt that went to just the middle of the calves that was a light red color before taking out a white tank top and then a jacket to wear over it that would cover her shoulders and upper half but left the tank to merge with the skirt*. She quickly dressed before slipping on a pair of flat shoes before padding over to where her book lay and picked it up. When Kalen exited the bathroom she turned to him and smiled.

"Good morning Kalen. I hope I didn't keep you up last night with my noise," She said cheerily before she put her bookmark where she'd left off --or where she remembered last really-- before putting the book up with the others. She then went about getting a small messenger bag ready for her classes. Really all she packed was a notebook, a book that wasn't erotic based, and a few pencils and pens. She yawned continually throughout this and was seriously considering laying back down but changed her mind when she considered what staying awake would get her--an early, warm, unspoiled breakfast. "Are you going to go straight to breakfast or wait a little?" she inquired as she searched about for her schedule of classes.

**Think like the intro-picture of hers only with a thank that goes to the top of her skirt instead of the skirt coming up to just below her ribs :3

“Oh, good morning Ashela.” Kalen greeted back with a smile as he had stepped out of the bathroom. He didn’t think she would be awake or already dressed nicely and ready to go for that matter, not after she’d most likely stayed up for the majority of the night--of which he had sort of assumed with her occasional yawns It was rather impressive really. Kalen shook his head after she mentioned that she hoped she didn’t keep him up with her ‘noise’. “Not at all Ashela~. If you were making noise, then you were really quiet about it.” he said, chuckling for a moment prior to spotting the messenger bag she had retrieved. Oh...he nearly forgot that he would need school supplies to take to class. If Ashela hadn’t reminded him with the sight of her bag and her own supplies, he probably would have just walked out the door without them. ‘Damn--where did I put my bag and...ah!’ he mused to himself until he finally found it under his bed. He pulled out a simple black book-bag and unzipped it, tossing in a pen and an unopened pack of looseleaf paper. He would have to find the notebook later.

Slinging the bag over one of his shoulder, he glanced back over the Ashela when asked if he was going to go to straight to breakfast or wait a little. “Breakfast?” The mere thought of the breakfast that he was nearly about to sacrifice in order to ‘scope around’ obliged his stomach to rumble a bit. He looked up tapped his chin in thought. Would he have to miss a meal to take care of what supposedly needed to be done...? Well, perhaps he could make time for breakfast afterwards. “Well...I have to take care of something first, but if you’re leaving for breakfast now, I can meet you at the cafeteria if you wanted to sit together.” he said as he neared the door and opened it up to prepare to leave. Yes, he would just try to quickly take his look around and then he would go to the cafeteria for breakfast.

Ashela looked at him before smiling and nodding. "If you don't find someone else to sit with I'd be happy if you sat with me again," she said before she shouldered her bag and picked up her schedule, slipping it on an outside pocket with a fond smile. She'd gotten most classes she liked except for the 'Etiquet of a young noble woman: A class on how to act at school and out in the real world'. It was a required class and she was curious if she'd be stuck with any other people she liked or got along with. "Say, do you know when you'll have Etiquette of a young woman?" She had stepped towards the bathroom to begin to brush out her hair and do a quick brush of her teeth.

Upon hearing Ashela’s words, Kalen smiled back brightly in her direction. “Thanks Ashela. I’ll look forward to sitting with you again.” However, he paused from stepping out of the room when she asked about whether he possessed a class on his schedule that was referred to as ‘Etiquette of a young noble woman’. “Um...” He trailed off and took a quick peek at his schedule to check. He’d only given the schedule a quick single glance and had never looked back at it, so he couldn’t remember its structure for the life of him. After looking it over, he looked back up to her and continued. “Actually, yes I do. It looks like it’s my first class of the day too.” As he told her this, he mentally sighed. ‘Pfft, I could use an ‘Etiquette of a young noble man’ class instead...but I guess I don’t have a choice in my case...’ he mused, frowning slightly for just a moment. “Do you have that course this semester too?” he questioned curiously as he subconsciously fiddled with the front collar of his blouse.

Ashela came back out in the middle of brushing her hair and pulled her schedule partially out before grinning. "Seems we'll have it together then. At least I won't be sitting there bored with no one to whisper two about the silliness of the class," she said with a smile before she put her brush away and shouldered her bag and headed to the door. "See you at breakfast or class."

Quickly she left the room with her bag and headed to the breakfast room. Being one of the few women that actually got up ahead of time, she was able to take prized pick out of all the food there was to offer and soon had a waffle with cold strawberries and whipped creme, a side of bacon and a glass of juice (which she had been assured was juice and not wine). She went out onto a small patio that was offered for the breakfast run and chose a table with two seats. Focused on eating, she pulled out a book and began to read as she took bite after bite of her food.

A sigh of relief pushed past the lad’s lips when Ashela stated that she would be having the class with him. “Ah, that’s a relief! I figured I was going to be in there alone--you’re right, the class should be much more interesting now.” Kalen smirked after saying so, giving a small wave as he stepped out of the room. He closed the door after she stepped out. “Okay, see you in a little while then.” While she headed towards the cafeteria for breakfast, Kalen walked off in the opposite direction. “Now, to scope around...” he mumbled to himself with a thoughtful frown, and in his normal tone of voice. He pondered as he moved along, keeping an eye out for anything that appeared to be out of ordinary. Of course, he knew he wouldn’t have that much time to look around the entire school, but taking care of at least one or two areas should satisfy his bosses. Eventually, Kalen was in a section of the school in which could have been taken as an abandoned part. However, that apparently wasn’t the case when Kalen heard voices conversing just around the corner.

Abruptly, he paused and stepped back to conceal himself behind the wall. ‘Damn, I can’t hear them too well...’ Kalen was able to just barely hear what they were talking about with how far they were, and his ears were actually keener than the average human ear. Poking his head out just a tad, he caught sight of a teacher and student. He managed to hear the teacher say, “The due date will be the day after tomorrow, for the...” And that was all before the teacher lowered his voice with the student nodding. Were they just talking about some project that was due? No, for some reason, he didn’t think so. Call it the ‘agent’s’ instinct perhaps. The atmosphere and tone of the conversation just felt a little too under-handed for it to be about an insignificant school project. He proceeded with stepping forward, but unfortunately, he had accidentally knocked something down in the process. They were now aware of the third presence. “Who’s there?” the teacher called out in a demanding tone. ‘Crap!’ With dilated eyes, Kalen clumsily stepped back in his high heels.

The teacher turned the corner and took a swift look around...but she saw no one. Had it just been her imagination? Meanwhile, Kalen was already a good couple of hallways from the scene. He may have been occasionally clumsy, but he had been trained to be quick on his feet if need be. “Phew, that was close...” He slowed down to a halt when he arrived in front of the cafeteria. For a moment, he pondered about what the teacher and student could have been talking about, but the minute he stepped into the cafeteria, he completely dismissed the notion. The smell of various breakfast foods hit his nose, and he instantly headed over to one of aisles to retrieve a wide selection of foods. Well, at least he made it in time for breakfast. Which meant ‘food’ and getting the chance to eat with Ashela. A short amount of time had passed, so he doubted that he missed her. Turned out that he was right when he saw that she was seated with her own breakfast food on the small patio.

“Cool, I made it back in time~.” Kalen stated after arriving in front of her table and taking a seat opposite from her. He didn’t look too bad for someone that had just sprinted a good amount of halls away from here, but his hair did look rather messy compared to its former neat state.

"It's you."

The words had stung the instant the woman had heard and recognized the voice. Ashela had only been sitting and reading, occassionally slipping bites into her mouth for a few brief moments when the woman spoke to her. Looking up, her eyes landed on the woman that she had shared a dorm with at her last school.

"Hello," sh said pleasantly, not wanting to cause trouble the first day. "Congratu--"

"How did you get in a place like this? You are not a young noble lady at all," she sneered at Ashela.

"Grades I suppose. I didn't have to buy myself in," Ashela replied civilly despite the other woman's attitude.

"Hah! AS if I would need that. Do you--"

"Go away Rachelle. I am trying to read and relax. Not read and ignore a wench," Ashela said before she cracked open her book again and began to read once more, ignoring the flustered woman who ended up storming off when she saw she wouldn't get a rise out of the girl again.

By the time that Kalen had spoken and seated himself, Ashela had put down her book and was staring out over the school with an emotionless face. She didn't want anyone to see her in a bad moon, especially not Kalen. Looking down, she took a nibble of bacon before looking up with a smile. "I'm glad. Oh, Kalen, your hair. What did you do? Run to breakfast?" she asked, leaning over the table to push a few locks the right way before she froze. Then she jerked back down in her seat and looked away. "Sorry Kalen, I-I didn't mean to do that. Just a habit I think."

When Kalen had arrived, he noticed that another girl had walked away from Ashela’s table. She looked familiar too. Didn’t he seen her the other day....? The recall was a bit fuzzy, so he decided to dismiss it as he reached the table and set his plate down. Something definitely wasn’t right with Ashela though. However, he couldn’t quite put his finger on what it was at that moment. Upon taking his seat, Kalen contently began to eat his hearty breakfast, pausing when Ashela pointed out his hair. “Hm?” Of course, being him, he didn’t pay much mind to its disheveled state. “Oh, um, yeah--running helps to wake me up in the morning.” Well, it was true for the most part. After having to dash away so swiftly, he was as wide awake as can be now. As he looked up from his food, it was then that he noticed her leaning towards him. And before he realized it, she had already pushed a couple of stray locks of silver hair back into the correct position. He appeared to be a tad surprised, but that was merely because he wasn’t expecting her to do that for him.

When she too became aware of her actions, she pulled away and went back down into her seat. Kalen shook his head as she apologized, a kind smile coming to his features. “Oh it’s fine Ashela, I don’t mind at all. Thank you, though.” he told her honestly, throwing in the gratitude for fixing some of his untidy hair and bringing it to his attention. He used the palms of his hands to smooth down the rest of his long hair, wondering if he should start placing it up into a ponytail to keep it out of his face...and food. He didn’t care for accidentally biting his own hair while consuming food. He went back to eating soon after, hesitating for a moment with what he wanted to ask her. “Mm, Ashela? Are you alright?” he queried, glancing back up with his curious gaze. Although she was hiding the bad mood well, the feeling that something wasn’t right hadn’t left him yet, which had caused him to ask her.

Ashela's gaze didn't go up for a good two minutes. She looked up slowly and smiled with a nod. "I'm just fine," she answered before she went back to nibbling at her food, looking out over the grounds again. She didn't speak again until her waffle was gone and she was taking small bites of her bacon.

"So, I'm going to run back to the dorm room before class. Would you like me to grab you anything while I'm there?" she asked, looking back over at him before she drank the rest of her juice. She wanted to go back and secure the mask tightly over her face that she was all right. It hadn't been her intention to bring worry to the girl across from her and if she asked if she was okay then obviously she needed to work on that bit of sorcery to keep herself from being hidden. She smiled at Kalen and took the last bit of bacon into her mouth as she waited.

Gently, Kalen gave a small nod at her response and chose not to pry any further. It was apparent that something was a bit 'off'--well, to him it was. Her mask was probably actually really good at hiding her actual feelings. However, Kalen was used to reading past exterior appearances. Her smile contrasted the atmosphere he felt surrounding her. It didn't feel very happy, and that was accompanied with a couple of other factors too. But if Ashela was trying to conceal this from him, then she must have not wanted anyone to know about it. Thus, he wanted to respect that and her privacy by not pushing the subject any further. After giving a faint smile in return, he quietly resumed eating as well. Kalen was about three quarters through his breakfast when Ashela finished up her waffle and stated that she would be heading back to the dorm before class. "Nah, I have everything I need, but thanks. I will see you a little later in class then."

As he spoke, his fork subconsciously fiddled through the scrambled eggs intervened with the mix of food on his plate. He proceeded with separating the various foods for the third time. Perhaps it was an OCD thing, to occasionally feel the need to separate the food away from the other foods? 'Maybe I should stop cramming my plate with so much food...' he pondered, already becoming distracted by a rather insignificant thought.

The young woman smiled, nodded, and then walked away quickly, forgetting her book on the table as she fled from the room, Easy by Tammara Webber, a book about a young woman at college that is assaulted and saved by a fellow classmate after a breakup. The pages were well worn even though the book was less than a year old. Of all the books that the girl had this had to be her favorite. But it didn't matter when she was so desperate to fix her mask. Once she was out of sight of the other girls she ran back to her room and slipped in, closing the door behind her with a loud thud.

She didn't come back out until it was ten minutes until class. She felt far better now, and she looked more refreshed as well. Off she skipped down the corridor to their first class, bag clutched to her side as she eventually found the room where they would be having class. In she slipped and took a seat towards the back before she started to look through her bag. She froze when it finally hit her that she didn't have her book. Panic welled in her as she tried to remember where she had put it.

Sipping his juice as she made her leave, his gray irises gradually trailed back over to what laid in front of him. On the contrary, he really wasn't expecting to spot an object that was left behind on the table. Unfortunately, he caught sight of the book too late. "Oh--," Kalen began, lifting the book and turning in the direction that Ashela had left. "Ashela, you forgot your... Ah, she's gone already." he concluded when he realized that she was already completely out of sight now. He shrugged slightly and placed the book back down beside him, recalling that they both possessed the same class. He could just give it back to her then. Eventually, Kalen had finished his breakfast and stood up to place his dirty dish and silverware into the designated disposal bin. Glancing down at his phone's time, he figured that he'd might as well get a headstart to his first class of the day.

'Now where was it again...?' he pondered to himself as he walked down the hall from the cafeteria. 'Oh, right.' Soon enough, the route came back to him and he had arrived in front of the doorway of the classroom in no time. He had gotten there a bit early since the room wasn't too far from the cafeteria, but he decided to take a random seat near the back and prepare for the course anyway. 'I still can't believe how much I'm posing as a student here, just to dig up evidence on mere rumors floating around...' Then again... What he had heard earlier was beginning to make him believe that perhaps they weren't just rumors. When Kalen heard a student take a seat beside his desk, he turned his head to see who it is. Right on time. Momentarily, he watched as Ashela began to look through her bag, which was when it finally hit him again. Right, her book. "Oh yeah, you left your book in the cafeteria Ashela." So as not to cause anymore potential panic, he handed her the book directly after mentioning that. He didn't want her to think that it was possibly still back in the cafeteria.

Ashela had indeed began to rise when the fellow student told her where her book was. When she saw it she beamed at the woman and took it back, clutching it tightly to her chest. "Thank you Kalen! You saved me from being late. There would have been no way I could have sat through this class without knowing my book was safe," she admitted as she looked down at the book as if it were some long lost lover returned to her. Slowly, very carefully she put it back into her bag and pulled out a pad and a pen before she looked over at the other. "Ready to learn how to be a young lady of the ultimate class?" Her eyes twinkled a little in hidden laughter. Who could take a class like this seriously without a few jokes?

Kalen smiled brightly when he noted how relieved she had become after being reunited with a cherished possession. "Aw, you're welcome Ashela! I'm glad I caught it before I left, but I know what you mean. I hate losing prized possessions... It's hard to stop thinking about them until you find it." Apparently Kalen had misplaced quite a few of his own favored possessions in the past. Had he ever found them? ...Most likely not. Turning slightly, Kalen began to rummage through his bag until he'd eventually retrieved his own note-taking utensils for the course. He dropped them onto his desk and looked ahead, taking in a swift survey of his surroundings Glancing back over to the young lady beside him, Kalen smirked as he perceived her question and the twinkle in her eyes. If only she knew... "Yeah, but...I don't think I'll ever learn to be a 'young lady' of such a superior class~. Breaks my heart, truly." he responded to her jokingly, lifting a hand to rub his eye to portray false tears as apart of playing along.

However, in the back of his mind, he thought of what he had just stated. If only she'd known that it was truly impossible for him to become a young lady of any class, unless...well, never mind that. He pushed that notion away once more, just as the class began.

Ashela giggled at his response before she leaned back in her chair and considered the teacher that walked in. She was in her late 40s with perfectly done makeup and eyebrows penciled on. As the woman handed out the syllabus for the class, she began to introduce herself as 'Madam Ovoir' and telling the girls that she would accept no foolishness in her class or risk being expelled from the required course, thus stunting their college career. Ashela took the syllabus that was given to her and started to flip through it before she stopped on a page that made her scowl a bit and then roll her eyes. She quickly pushed the packet away and continued to scowl at the notebook in front of her.

"Miss in the back there with the bad attitude would you stand for me please," said Madam Ovoir.

Ashela looked up and then around at her to see if it was her. Slowly she pushed herself up and tilted her head to the side. "Yes ma'am?"

"Madam..."

"Yes Madam Ovoir?"

"Why are you scowling like a common boy?" the older woman asked, perfect eyebrow raised.

Ashela considered all the answers she could give before she put on her sweetest smile and tilted her head to the other side. "I don't approve of a topic you'll be teaching us about Madam Ovoir," she answered.

"And what topic is that?"

Ashela shifted a bit and then picked up the Syllabus and flipped to the page she'd been scowling at before. "Topic: Books. A young woman must never be seen with a controversial book in her hands or even appear to know what that book has within," she read before looking up at the teacher.

"And why do you disapprove?"

Ashela scowled a bit, unable to help herself. "That seems kind of an impossibility Madam. How would one know a book is controversial without having opened it and read it? Also, it seems a might bit like censorship and I had thought that censorship is no longer approved of?" she answered without backing down from the growing displeasure on the other woman's face. She was now the center of attention and it was slowly making her uncomfortable though she wouldn't back down. Books were her hidden treasure. How would she survive if she wasn't allowed some kind of book to read, controversial or not.

Madam Ovoir's kind demeanor slowly had faded as the young priss had gone against what the woman had planned to teach. "Miss...?"

"Ashela. Ashela Trenton."

"Miss Trenton, a young woman must never provide controversy for her companions and certainly should be able to spot a controversial book without having to open it. After all, a title would be able to tell you if the book will be controversial. That is what I will be teaching you when we come to that topic and I hope you pay close attention dear. You may sit," Madam Ovoir answered before turning away to begin her introductory lesson.

"But what about books like Niccolo Machiavelli's The Prince? Or even better The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn? Are you saying--" Ashela had started before recieving a cold look from Madam Ovoir.

"Enough, Miss Trenton, we will cover that topic when it says on the syllabus, not now and not before. Sit down."

Ashela opened her mouth to argue more. "Sit down or be expelled from this class this instant." Ashela stood for a few moments longer, almost glaring at the woman before she slowly slid back down into her chair. Pursing her lips she looked down at her notebook and did not look up again.

Kalen began to straighten up as well, when the teacher had emerged into the classroom. It didn't take very long for him to realize just how strict the class was going to be, as was the Madam herself. It would even 'stunt' their college career to being expelled from this class. He really wasn't even a student here, but still... Out of curiosity, he slid the syllabus towards himself and peeked inside. The more he glanced through the packet, the more defined the quizzical expression became on his features. 'The hell...is this crap...?' he thought, arching a brow. Mentally sighing, he momentarily dropped his forehead into the palm of his head. 'This class will specifically be the death of me. I still have yet to quite grasp onto how a 'girl' should act and now this. Let's hope I don't get expelled for sitting incorrectly...' He lifted head back up, notions trailing off. The final thought had reminded him. Was he...? He looked down at himself. Yes, he was definitely sitting 'incorrectly' once again. It was just his habit to sit down without thinking about how much his legs were spread apart, but he kept forgetting that he wasn't exactly supposed to sit like that in a skirt--whether it was short or thankfully long as his current one.

And if you're in this class with Madame Ovoir, then you'd better keep your legs closed in a skirt all the while sitting erect in your seat. Quickly, Kalen diminished the wide space between his legs. After properly placing them together, he took a glimpse towards Ashela. Apparently she wasn't very happy with the syllabus either. There was something in particular that seemed to be making her scowl though. That was certainly the first time he had seen a scowl on her face since meeting her, so it must have been rather serious. Raising his brows, he took a final look through the syllabus until the topic had caught his eyes. The topic about controversial books... Could that have been what Ashela was scowling about? Before Kalen could even consider questioning her about it, Madan Ovoir called Ashela out. At first, like her, he assumed that she was referring to another peer in the classroom. However, that apparently wasn't the case when the Madam had confirmed that she was talking to her. Blinking blankly, he watched as she stood up to her feet. He pondered about what she had done to make the teacher call out to her like so. Was it really just for scowling at a tedious syllabus?

Kalen perked up slightly and proceeded to listen to the exchange with intrigue, fingers intertwined on his desk. He was slightly surprised, but he admired the way in which Ashela verbalized her opinion on the particular topic they'd eventually be learning about. He was only a tad surprised because she chose not to back down against the same teacher that was in charge of such an important course, of which would potentially ruin one's college career if expelled from it. When asked why she disapproved of the topic, she even proceeded to explain why despite her uncomfortable disposition and the rising disapproval of Madam Ovoir. However, as expected, the teacher saw nothing wrong with said topic and attempted to end the conflict by stating that a young woman must never provide controversy for her peers and should be able to spot a controversial book by its title. Kalen wanted to help Ashela out, but he knew that jumping in would probably make the situation worse for her. Plus, bringing unnecessary attention to himself was not a good idea considering he was under cover.

Besides, she was already handling herself well against the teacher. She even went on to give examples of nice pieces of literature that were probably considered 'controversial' in the teacher's eyes. Were they not to be read either for that sole reason? He had assumed that perhaps the teacher could not come up with anything else to say in rebuttal to Ashela's former statement, so she told her to take her seat, threatening to expel if she did not take the seat. Talk about tense. Kalen could feel the lingering tension even after the argument had come to an end. "Lighten up lady..." Kalen mumbled to himself through a light sigh, looking down at his open notebook prior to glancing to Ashela. What kind of college class was this where a student could not express a non-offensive opinion? Sure, this wasn't debate class but still... He frowned, finding it a little peculiar that discussion and debate was not open in this class when it usually was in college. Well that was another component to place on the growing list of 'strange elements about this school'.

Ashela remained quiet at the woman went over the syllabus. She didn't look up, nor react, when the woman at the front of the class came to the part about books and made a somewhat snarky comment about "Controversial books are meant to stay in the shadows, not draw attention to themselves in unsuitable company." Ashela simply sat there and flipped through the syllabus as Madam Ovior went through it, though her gaze didn't even flit over the words, just stared at one corner as she escaped from the hell hole she was in to some magical place that protected her from women like the woman in front of them.

When at last they were told they could leave at the end of the class, Ashela was the first one up and walking to the door.

"Miss Trenton please remain for a few moments after the class has all left. I would like to speak with you," the teacher said, prim and prissy as she walked over to where Ashela had stopped and was slowly turning around. Ashela sent a glance up to the ceiling before looking at the teacher before seeming to remember something. "Kalen wait up," she called with a smile at the other. "I'll be out in a few moments alright? Then we can walk to our next class together and talk about room rules like we planned alright?" She just didn't want to be alone in the room without someone within hearing distance of anything that happened.

The young man suppressed a yawn as the course continued on as planned. It was simple enough to predict that this was going to be the 'dud' of his entire schedule. Tucking long silvery lockes behind his ear, he attempted to keep himself busy. He found it rather difficult to concentrate solely on the teacher's words...not that he wanted to know more about this dull syllabus anyhow. Eventually, he settled with jotting a couple of notes down into his blank notebook. Of course, one would most likely assume that he was writing notes based on the teacher's lecture, but in actuality...he was just doodling. At least that would keep him awake for the remainder of the course, which was partially a good things because--well, he didn't what kind of punishment would be in store for a student that dared to fall asleep in this woman's class. When Madam Ovoir finally announced that they could leave, Kalen hopped up immediately. However, he noted that the teacher had asked Ashela to stay behind so she could speak with her.

He turned back around upon hearing Ashela call out to him, telling him to wait up for her. He clearly had no idea what she meant by 'room rules' since that wasn't mentioned before, but even so, he nodded and smiled in her direction prior to stepping out of the room. He wasn't planning to leave her behind anyhow. If she hadn't asked him to wait up for her, he would have waited after class for her nonetheless. Although Kalen had stepped out of the room, figuring that the teacher would probably want to room empty before she spoke privately with Ashela, he was still standing along the side of the doorway. Thus, he was in perfect hearing range while he lingered.

Status
Not open for further replies.