"You'll never be alone."
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Anytime I have internet access, honestly.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Science fiction
Modern
Fantasy
Horror
Survival
Naturally developed romance
OC Fandom (ask about my fandoms!)
black_lighting.png

Do you enjoy creating new characters just because you can? Do you need a new character for your next story or roleplay, but you're not sure where to start? Do you enjoy using images to get the writing juices flowing? Do you just like hoarding character images? If so, this thread is for you, and anybody else who takes an interest.

Use the image below to create a character. You may use the optional form provided, create your own form, write an introduction for your character, or whatever else tickles your fancy or comes to mind.

ac553f68f8f33c2cbd5fdf15e365618f.jpg

Name:

Species:

Personality:

History:

Equipment:

Abilities and Skills:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Other:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: reptilian
Unknown

"Look at me. What do you see?"

"Monster." Its word croaked through a punctured lung and echoed in the cavernous space, accusing, condemning. Blood bubbled with the effort and it choked, leaking fluid out of the corner of its mouth.

"Have you looked in a mirror lately?" Its answer raised one of her eyebrows, as well as her amusement.

"Yes. I never...denied." Even short responses sapped its strength, and it drew in a straining breath. Its limbs trembled jerkily, either from the cold stone or the pain. "From one monster...to another, I...must...congratulate...you. They fear...you...more than they...ever did...me."

"Good. That means I'm doing my job well." A smile touched the corner of her lips, fleeting but genuine. "Takes a monster to kill monsters."

A sudden booming vibration burst from the thing, an ugly gurgling sound that shook the ground. Its side curled and jerked uncontrollably as if doubling over, spraying its dark blood and splattering the surrounding ground. She stepped back to avoid the spray, and a scowl formed on her forehead when she realized it was laughing. She fought the urge to stomp on it to make it stop.

"I...never...thought...hrggmm...such innocence...or should I...say...naivety...hrggmm. How...hrggmm...amusing it...is to see one being so...right yet so...wrong...hrggmm." Its one remaining unbroken limb raised up to its all too human face and wiped away an imaginary tear. It was mocking her.

"I don't have time for this. I have questions for you." She really did not have time to stand around and be laughed at by a thing with 7 limbs, a cockroach's body and her father's face.

"Yes...what you came...for. Ask your...final...question...child." Its gasping speech only grew more disconcerting the weaker it got.

"Final? You are supposed to answer 3 questions. I will not be lied to." Her lips pressed hard together in an angry line, and she raised her crossbow threateningly, aiming for its face and forcing back the temptation to pull the trigger. She didn't like the sinking feeling in her stomach at the thing's word, orbeing called child, especially by something wearing her father's face. It had to be a lie. She did not come for only one question.

The thing only smiled its horribly human smile, showing inhumanly sharp teeth.

"Aaah...yes. 3...questions, of which I...already answered...two."

Damnation. The sinking feeling tightened into knots. Who would have thought her gloating would be disastrous? Answer: everyone, ever. She mentally hit herself for being so careless, falling for such an obvious and cliche trap. The familiar face had stirred old lumbering emotions, nearing costing her the fight and put her off balance afterwards. Damnation.

This time she actually stomped on it, hard. Her boots jammed the arrow deeper into the thing's lung and forced out an agonizing grumble, but otherwise didn't raise much more of a reaction. The thing was getting used to the pain, and the idea of death. It smile never even wavered for more than a breath.

"So...do you...want...your final...question answered...or...not? I don't...have much...time left."

Nor did she, and everyone else depending on her. What choice did she have?

"What is the most effective method I can use to weaken Alfred Royale Oberron?" Choosing her words very, very carefully, her voice came out in a clipped tone, barely restrained fury and forced calmness colouring it.

"Oberron." The thing wheezed, testing the name on its tongue like a foul flavour. "Oberron's power...lies in...fear...of the...unknown. Show...all what he...is made...off, where...his limits...lie, and you take...away that...fear, and his power. Then...show him...something...unknown, and...teach him...fear. Everyone...fears the unknown, even...monsters, even you, child." It seemed to sing the last sentence in glee, her father's eyes twinkling. She couldn't bear looking at it much longer. She had what she came for. The Tatarus never lied.

Annabeth turned and walked away, not daring sparing a glance back. "Fare...well, my little...monster." Its echoing voice and gurgling dying laughter followed her back up the tunnel.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Joan