Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Illin

Original poster
Title. A bit late but was curious for a while now.

I've gotten used to it, it's nice. Though I miss the old version, I appreciate this too especially with the customisation. It has a few visual add-ons I like as well.

Reactions: Illin
I adore the new layout, personally. There are a few annoying things but most have been fixed or are being fixed. I love the customization. I couldn't have my pastel purple theme on the old layout.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Illin and Kitti
I was contented with the old layout, and now I'm happy with the new one! You see, there are both pros and cons to each layout Iwaku gets and I prefer to look at the bright side - there's color customization, all these neat little additions to navigating the site, and it runs (if it doesn't already) smoother for me. There are still some things that could be fixed or are undergoing adjustment, but with time I'm positive that this will be a great look for Iwaku.

I was only on the old layout for a few days. But a lot of it was just broken. I liked the layout but things weren't working correctly. I'm meh on the new layout, but everything I care about works properly now.

That being said, I do have a greasemonkey script I made for the old version to help deal with how broken it was.. And then I adjusted it to the new layout. Mainly, took out a lot of the footer stuff and made quickreply look nicer. If anyone is interested, just create a new greasemonkey script and copy/paste this in there.
Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name		Iwaku Footer Fixer
// @namespace   iwakuroleplay.com
// @description Fixes Iwaku to my standards
// @include	 https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/*
// @version	 
// @grant	   none
// ==/UserScript==

function addGlobalStyle(css) {
	var head, style;
	head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
	if (!head) { return; }
	style = document.createElement('style');
	style.type = 'text/css';
	style.innerHTML = css;
	head.appendChild(style);
}

addGlobalStyle('.mediaLabel{ background: transparent !important;}');
addGlobalStyle('.bigFooterCol--col1, .bigFooterCol--col4, .footerLegal, .bigFooterHeader, li.bigFooterCol:nth-child(2) > div:nth-child(1) > p:nth-child(3),  .quickReply > div:nth-child(1) > div:nth-child(1) > span:nth-child(2){display: none !important;}');
addGlobalStyle('.footerMenu li{float: left !important; font-size: 10px!important; border: none !important; width: 25% !important; text-align: center !important; position: relative !important; top: -70px !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('.bigFooterCol li a{border: none !important;}');
addGlobalStyle('.bigFooter > div:nth-child(1) > div:nth-child(1){border: none; background: none; height: 0px !important;}');
addGlobalStyle('.quickReply > div:nth-child(1), .quickReply > div:nth-child(1) > div:nth-child(1) > div:nth-child(1), .quickReply > div:nth-child(1) > div:nth-child(1) > div:nth-child(1) img{ width: 50px !important; border: none !important;}');
addGlobalStyle('#QuickReply{width: 94% !important; margin-left: 70px !important; height: 250px !important;}');
addGlobalStyle('#ctrl_message{height: 200px !important;}');

I know a lot of people were bitching about the new layout when it dropped, but that happens with everything. People hate change.

I pretty much use the internet assuming anything can change on a whim and try not to get attached. As long as I can find the right buttons easily, I don't really care what it all looks like.

That said, I like this new layout and the custom colours are a nice touch.

I like being able to watch the box and scroll down to the forums without leaving the browser page......I think thats a new feature...

It's tacky and I hate it.
You're tacky and it hates you. >:C

Jokes aside I really do like this new layout a bit more and I love the tabs on top for 'Clans', 'Characters','Blogs', ect... I find it exceedingly useful and having easier access to these things are also helpful for people to actually use them more. I also enjoy my color customization and the forum's actual layout as a whole. I just like it when things are so simple that anyone can use it with complete and total ease.

Keeping It Stupid Simple is always the best way to go imo.

I like it. I like being able to choose whatever colours suit my fancy, make it my own, so to say.

Eventually you get used to everything. I remember the last time it changed, and how I was positive I didn't like it, but now I can't even remember why I didn't.

It's not abhorrent. Beyond that I don't really care as long as I can keep my favorite black and blue color scheme.

I like it. It took awhile for me to adjust to the font, though? I'm pretty sure it's different.

I like the new layouts features more.

But the athetic of the two layouts? I prefer old one if only for the reason I find it an eye sore of only the centre of the monitor to get used, and both the sides to be empty and blank spaces making the centre look crushed.

I prefer old one if only for the reason I find it an eye sore of only the centre of the monitor to get used, and both the sides to be empty and blank spaces making the centre look crushed.
You can make it fluid instead of fixed, by the way. :o

Reactions: Kitti and Illin
Click this highlighted area :3

CLICK THIS.JPG

The new layout's not bad. A few CSS tweaks and it went to fairly good.

I didn't really like the look of it at first. I was able to get those teal colors back, though, so that's nice. It still kind of bugs me that the links are all gray instead of teal like they used to be, though.

There really isn't anything new in terms of features or navigation that really stands out to me as something I like... mainly because I haven't messed around with much of it. >.> All the core features that I typically use are the same, and that's really all I care about, to be honest. o_o

I will say that I still think the old look of the site was better, but, meh, it's not like I care enough to demand that it be changed back. :P I'm sure I'll adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.