Which VILLAIN deserved/should have won?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randall Flagg. He had all of the scum of the Earth on his side, the people who would rob their own mother if they could. They had what it took to survive, and they would have slaughtered the old woman's side in a heart beat if there hadn't been supernatural forces at work.

Whoever knows who I'm talking about is my new best friend.

Ha! This exact thing. He had organization, he put people to work, they had already basically restarted humanity with much of what they had lost. The Good/Evil thing meant little to most of those people and by all accounts they had shit handled.

Randall Flagg. He had all of the scum of the Earth on his side, the people who would rob their own mother if they could. They had what it took to survive, and they would have slaughtered the old woman's side in a heart beat if there hadn't been supernatural forces at work.

Whoever knows who I'm talking about is my new best friend.
Oh, yeah, definitely would have won if not for shenanigans. They had actual military vehicles up and running, whereas the people in Boulder were just barely getting electricity back and fiddling around with forming a new government. At least it was the Trashcan Man who ended up being the deciding factor to make the protagonists win, instead of it being an actual victory by dint of effort or skill on their part.

By the way, The Stand is one of my favorite books. :bsmile:

Reactions: Peter Feels
Exactly! If it hadn't been for that whole 'hand of God' thing, Flagg would have been the ruler of the world, or the Crimson King, but I won't get into that. He had the planes up and running, the bomb already in his possession, and the people to carry it out. His spy managed to survive, while theirs was a guy who had to be hypnotized in order to say anything that made any sense. (I love Tom though, so I can't pick on him too much.)

Mother Abigail's side had nothing in the way of offense or defense. Their numbers were smaller, they had no real organization and rather than relying on a dictatorship like Flagg's side, which by the way worked out extremely well, they relied on a counsel. They had cleanup and maintenance organized, but that was about it. They were more concerned with finding out that Flagg's side was doing than organizing an attack of their own, or figuring out a way to defend themselves without relying on Mother Abigail's powers. Flagg had powers as well, but he did not rely on them. He made the people rely on what they had at their disposal and not other forces.

I'm almost hoping when they remake the movie they'll actually create an alternate ending where Flagg's side wins. I doubt they will, but it would be pretty cool to see what happens.

Reactions: Peter Feels
I'm just happy that you two, @Nydanna @Jorick get what I've been telling people for forever. HE HAD THE WIN IN HIS HAND! And by all means the world belonged to the Crimson King, as Nydanna said.

I'm just happy that you two, @Nydanna @Jorick get what I've been telling people for forever. HE HAD THE WIN IN HIS HAND! And by all means the world belonged to the Crimson King, as Nydanna said.
The Crimson King, there's another baddie that should have the win. That guy has his hands in every damn thing! If it weren't for Roland and Jack Sawyer (My two fictional crushes <3) along with a few others, he doesn't really have anyone going up against him that could stand up to him as an equal. I should also add The Fisherman is probably one of my favorite villains in a Stephen King book to date, although he's got a rival now after reading Revival.

Stephen King is pretty good at making convincing, evil bastards who are also smart and productive.

Nox from Wakfu, even though he did kind of win.

At first, he sounds like an evil bastard, then once you realize his motives, it's easier to sympathize with him. If his plans were successful, all of his evil deeds would have been undone anyway.

I'm an avid fan of antagonists, so I can think up a few right away.

The Wicked Witch of the West:
--Someone kills your sister then steals your family heirloom, you would be pissed too. The witch was very calm in the situation, considering the alternatives. Despite the fact that this thief and murderer was trying to flee the country with her family's shoes, she gave multiple chances to try and take them without harming Dorothy, or causing more death than necessary. She gave the girl many chances to turn herself in, and even gave Emerald city a chance to hand her in despite the fact that she could have just attacked the city.

Even when she has Dorothy, she is surprisingly civil with her. In fact, despite being named "the wicked", the witch does not kill a single soul in the movie.

Both deaths in the story are caused by Dorothy....

Ivan Drago

Months and years of physical training, diet regulation, high-tech conditioning. He should have won against Rocky without much effort at all.

Syndrome

Sure, hunting down and killing super-heroes is a bad thing, but think about his goals. But can we ever be mad at someone who wanted to give us all rocket-boots?

The Machines (Matrix)

Humans fought them for petty reasons despite them being very reasonable about their rights. Humanity went as far as killing their world just to stop the machines from being equal to them. The machines then harvest Human as energy sources yes, but they are very....humane..about it. Allowing us to live out our lives in our glory-days. They even give humans the chance to regain their glory in the real world, not the bad guys we envision them to be.

Sauron

The ruler of the only mutli-cultural group in all of middle-earth. Who champions industrial revolution and advancement of society. Yes...eeeeevil.

Ivan Drago

Months and years of physical training, diet regulation, high-tech conditioning. He should have won against Rocky without much effort at all.
Not necessarily.

Look at everyone who's fought Manny Pacquiao - all that training did squat!

#whenispacquaiovsmayweathergonnahappen?whenragnarokhits?

Nox from Wakfu, even though he did kind of win.

At first, he sounds like an evil bastard, then once you realize his motives, it's easier to sympathize with him. If his plans were successful, all of his evil deeds would have been undone anyway.
Check first page ;D. We discussed him a lil. We are all in agreement by the way.

How did no one mention Shaw from F&F 6?

Seriously, the only reason that they managed to beat him is because the plane was on an impossibly long run way. Hacks!

Sauron

The ruler of the only mutli-cultural group in all of middle-earth. Who champions industrial revolution and advancement of society. Yes...eeeeevil.
Sauron doesn't champion industrial revolution. He is the personification of the abstract force for consumption. He tortured and bred a race for the sole purpose of war and conquest, backing it with a machine that does nothing but rend the ground into near unihabitable wastelands. Not to mention he is a cookiecutter despot, all "EVERYONE SHALL OBEY ME". His advancements were "HOw can I war better, how can I rape the wold any harder?"

Sauron doesn't champion industrial revolution. He is the personification of the abstract force for consumption. He tortured and bred a race for the sole purpose of war and conquest, backing it with a machine that does nothing but rend the ground into near unihabitable wastelands. Not to mention he is a cookiecutter despot, all "EVERYONE SHALL OBEY ME". His advancements were "HOw can I war better, how can I rape the wold any harder?"
Except Tolkien did note that Sauron etc basically reflected his opinions on Industrialism. :p

Except Tolkien did note that Sauron etc basically reflected his opinions on Industrialism. :p
Well yes. I know that. But in the book, he is potrayed exactly as I wrote. He was only a manifistation of the bad, as seen by Tolkien.

Status
Not open for further replies.