Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Multi-Lingual

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Other

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This used to be a super-simple question for me, as I listened mostly to metal and a little bit of rock and rap. Nowadays, as others have said, it's easier to say what I don't listen to very much, which pretty much comes down to just country and jazz. Jazz is just because the mood for it doesn't strike me as often as other genres, but I'm not a huge fan of country - not sure why, but it just doesn't click with me.

I voted other other than pop, techno, electronica, dubstep, and hip hop. My other is rap. You forgot rap!!!!!!!!!! And indie. Can't forget indie.

Judging by iTunes, I have 2.8k songs which equals out to a solid week of continuous music, and that's only counting shit I've downloaded within the past half year

Winamp tells me I have 23,661 tracks. I know I have more on another hard drive, but that drive may or may not actually be dead. I'll have to investigate that when I can. This also does not include any CDs that I haven't converted to a digital format. With over 200 of those, who knows how much music I really have?

I won't go into all of what I listen to, because frankly music is my second hobby right after writing and through Spotify and other utilities over the last decade or so I've devoted a lot of time to listening and understanding music just not on a basic listening level but also consideration and research into several books and articles about where who or what came from, what this scene meant, and so forth. What I will say are what my favorite genres as of the present:

Power Metal, "Alternative & Indie" (indie pop, dream pop, proper alternative rock, shoegaze, etc.), Hip-Hop, Soul, and as of lately a lot of progressive metal.

Does anyone know what genre Les Friction is?

Because whatever it is, it is amazing :D

I liked Helmut Vonlichten's work much better when he worked with his late brother in ES Posthumus, personally.

I liked Helmut Vonlichten's work much better when he worked with his late brother in ES Posthumus, personally.
ES Posthumus is definitely pretty good. Softer than Les Friction, if that's your cup of tea :P

I like mostly rock, pop, and dance/techno.

I don't even know the difference between most of those genres O_O

To be fair, I can pick out a favourite track out of most genres, comes with being a part time Musician/Roadie when I can get the work. I really don't have a favourite genre, they all have their fair share of positives and negatives.

Also, some of what you chose for the poll as selections are more "Sub Genres" :p.

This is never an easy question for me to answer. I listen to whatever sounds good.

But most of the time, it's mainly pop or rock that I listen to. I also throw in a bit of nightcore, techno and dubstep here and there. Hey, as long as it gets me dancing or singing, I'll gladly listen to it.

I am a quite fanatical devotee of punk music, although, like the good and proper hipster I am not, I find myself listening mostly to stuff two or three times my age.

I will hunt down everyone who voted for Nightcore.

Get ready for the storm, motherfuckers.

Almost anything with the exception of rap and dubstep.

I'm probably the only person who really likes rap. lol

You're right, we should stone him/her.

After all, like MC Jesus rapped on his first LP, "Let he who has the most street cred cast the first stone."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really into alternative, dance/electronic, ambient, and classical music.

Pretty much anything with a catchy beat interests me.

Status
Not open for further replies.