Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Multi-Lingual

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Other

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly love the rock music of the 60's, 70's, and 80's, but some oldies Pop is good, and I like a little power metal, too

Reactions: Alexa Ray and Alan
You know, a lot of those genres listed could simply have been listed under "Electronic", which would have left room for more contemporary and widely known genres like classical, jazz, folk, soul and blues. Some folks really love oldies, but are forced to check "other" because something called Anti-Nightcore(?) is on the list. It's kind of silly.

Oh, but hey, in my haste I almost forgot to respond with my favorites. Classic Rock (60s, 70s, 80s), Metal, Hip-hop, Jazz, and Blues are some that I really love and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
That poll lists a huge variety of what I listen to, but I still listen to a much more wide range other than what is listed. Since the list would be so huge, I'll put down what I don't listen to. Here they are: Dubstep, Reggae, Blues, Nightcore, and Hip Hop. The ones I haven't heard of are Anti-Nightcore, Glitchstep, Nightstep, Glitch Hop, and Multilingual.

Whoa bro. Wheres the kpop/jpop option? That best go under Other. Just sayin.

Reactions: LunaValentine
I like soundtracks more than anything else.

I listen to a wide combination, really... Most of it is in the rock genres, though. Metal, operatic/gothic rock, punk rock, screamo or emo rock, I listen to some rap but mostly the emotional stuff, some might even call it the emo rap... Uhm, I listen to some old 30s, 40s, 50s stuff like Doris Day, Louis Armstrong, Elvis, etc. But I also go so far as to listen to some pop stuff such as Pink. But then I also go to the indie spectrum and listen to some relatively unknown stuff such as Puscifer or Mae. Oh, but sometimes I get into a weird mood and start listening to comedic stuff like Weird Al, Voltaire or even Da Vinci's Notebook. Oh, and then there's my all inclusive mishmash of electronic/trance/dubstep/etc mood that includes whatever I happen to find that is appealing. Lindsey Sterling in particular catches my fancy for this.

All in all, its just random things that capture my mood at the particular time. My old music collection consisted of 7000 songs and today, if I was still keeping up with it instead of just streaming everything, would be liable to be over 8-9k. Just to give you a rough estimate of just how vast my listening habits could range. >_> <_<

Reactions: Brovo
I listen to a bunch of different stuff. Indie (mainly the more rock-leaning kinds), Rock, various Metal subgenres (typically not the screamy kind, more the symphonic/melodic stuff, and some fun subgenres like pirate and viking metal), some Alternative, tons of comedic things (Stephen Lynch, Bo Burnham, Garfunkel and Oates, etc.), a lot of what I've heard referred to as 'trailer music' and 'epic music' variously (things like E.S. Posthumus and Two Steps From Hell), some classical and some modern instrumental stuff, a bit of jazz and swing, soundtracks from various anime and video games, a smattering of different kinds of electronic music (I lump everything in the general family of dubstep and techno and such under this label), and a bit of Pop for whenever the mood strikes me. Oh, and I have a fondness for really weird mashups of genres, like Diablo Swing Orchestra which mixes metal and swing, and Babymetal that mixes metal and J-pop.

Basically I listen to something from almost every major genre grouping. The only ones that I don't really listen to are rap (just Eminem because nostalgia and some comedy rap like Lonely Island that I wouldn't count as actual rap), R&B (none), and country (none).
All in all, its just random things that capture my mood at the particular time. My old music collection consisted of 7000 songs and today, if I was still keeping up with it instead of just streaming everything, would be liable to be over 8-9k. Just to give you a rough estimate of just how vast my listening habits could range. >_> <_<
Holy crap. I thought my music collection was pretty stupidly large, and it's only about 5000 songs counting both what I actually have a copy of and the songs I just listen to on Youtube and such.

How many people picked other because their genre of music wasn't represented raise your hand?

*raises hand*

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LeVen
Used to like rock that MTV broadcasted some (10) years ago, now I just follow what pleases my ears.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Holy crap. I thought my music collection was pretty stupidly large, and it's only about 5000 songs counting both what I actually have a copy of and the songs I just listen to on Youtube and such.
My old media server which I shared with my dad had over 20,000 songs on it. Since I've moved out my collection has shrunk to 7,583 songs, though there's a couple hundred of them that my media player will stubbornly not recognize as audio files.

Reactions: CR Stokes
No jazz? No classical? T_T How sad. I listen to both of them quite frequently, both for work and relaxing purposes. I do not recognized House though. Is that like an indie genre or something?
Daft Punk is an example of house, But they also fit into electronica.

Judging by iTunes, I have 2.8k songs which equals out to a solid week of continuous music, and that's only counting shit I've downloaded within the past half year

I have many genres that I listen too, but rock & roll is my top favorite.

Judging by iTunes, I have 2.8k songs which equals out to a solid week of continuous music, and that's only counting shit I've downloaded within the past half year

Collectively my (immediate) family has around 500,000 tracks in the form of iTunes, USB-stored data, and CDs.
Not even shitting you.

It's pretty silly to lump all of Rock music under a single choice, and then differentiate between 'Nightcore' and 'Anti-Nightcore'.

Status
Not open for further replies.