Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Other

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

♡Mesy♡

Original poster
Chose below what genre is your favorite.

I'm not even going to vote or view results for fear of seeing a single number greater than 0 for nightcore.

I'm not even going to vote or view results for fear of seeing a single number greater than 0 for nightcore.
I like nightcore! What's wrong with nightcore? D:

Could you define some of those genres for us old folks?

I like nightcore! What's wrong with nightcore? D:
It is the act of speeding up an existing track to produce unpleasant BPMs and obnoxiously high-pitched vocals. It is lazy, it's talentless, and it's annoying.

It is the act of speeding up an existing track to produce unpleasant BPMs and obnoxiously high-pitched vocals. It is lazy, it's talentless, and it's annoying.
I see what you mean, I disagree, but I see what you mean. But hey, it's just an opinion, so I'm not gonna argue.
I don't care as long as you're not rude or insulting about it ...which you kinda were just then with that last sentence, buuut I'll let it slide.

I see what you mean, I disagree, but I see what you mean. But hey, it's just an opinion, so I'm not gonna argue.
I don't care as long as you're not rude or insulting about it ...which you kinda were just then with that last sentence, buuut I'll let it slide.
If I inverted the colors of an art piece I found online, would you say I had talent in art production? Would you say I put a lot of effort into doing it? Would you say it looks good?

Even if it is rude or insulting, it does not change the conviction I have for my word choices.

offended.jpg

If I inverted the colors of an art piece I found online, would you say I had talent in art production? Would you say I put a lot of effort into doing it? Would you say it looks good?

Even if it is rude or insulting, it does not change the conviction I have for my word choices.

offended.jpg
I never said that it did, only that, I, personally, do not like it. And that's because I feel that being rude or insulting distracts people from the point you are trying to make. I've seen it happen one too many times. Someone has a really good point to make, but it gets lost in a negative attitude that makes a lot of people feel compelled to spout a string of defensive comebacks, instead of forming a constructive debate about the subject at hand. It's not about being offended or not, it's about staying on topic, which is something we, ourselves, are not even doing right now.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
You know, I find judging musical tastes to be rather tacky. I'm not a particular fan of most Country, but I don't think people who listen to it necessarily have poor taste. Generally I don't damn a genre, I damn individual artists. Like insane clown posse (wut r magnets, hurr hurr hurr), or Justin Beiber (as a Canadian, I apologize).

I'm simply disappointed by a lack of option for opera or classical. Beethoven my good man! Amadeus! Beautiful sounds, sir! *adjusts wig*

No jazz? No classical? T_T How sad. I listen to both of them quite frequently, both for work and relaxing purposes. I do not recognized House though. Is that like an indie genre or something?

Well that's quite a... specific list of genres.

I tend to like most music.
The only genre I tend to not be enthusiastic about is Rap, but only because I find the culture around a lot of it doesn't sit well to me.

I have noticed that I tend to stray towards
Rock
Pop
Jazz
and Electronic

No jazz? No classical? T_T How sad. I listen to both of them quite frequently, both for work and relaxing purposes. I do not recognized House though. Is that like an indie genre or something?
Think electronic but with more boogie and less adrenaline fueled jumping

Folk (Fleet Foxes, The Mountain Goats, Iron & Wine, Beirut, etc.), Indie and 'New Age' music for me. I also listen to a lot of instrumentals, mostly from video games I like. Mostly I just kinda go by artist... most of the time I have no dang idea what genre they fall under. Marina and the Diamonds? Dunno. St. Vincent? Dunno. Aphex Twin? I dunno. iamamiwhoami, my favourite artist of all time? I really dunno. It's a hard life.

I also agree that there's literally zero need to dismiss/judge other people for their taste in music. If you don't personally like it, that's fine, but it's kind of uncool to tell someone that their choice in music is bad. Music is personal. Someone, somewhere enjoys it, and that's all that matters.

Reactions: Peter Feels
I listen to pretty much everything, except rap. I used to wayyyy back in the day when Tupac was still alive, but the stuff that's out now is trash.

I'm simply disappointed by a lack of option for opera or classical. Beethoven my good man! Amadeus! Beautiful sounds, sir! *adjusts wig*
No jazz? No classical? T_T How sad. I listen to both of them quite frequently, both for work and relaxing purposes.
How uncultured these people.

I listen to pretty much everything, except rap. I used to wayyyy back in the day when Tupac was still alive, but the stuff that's out now is trash.
When it comes to Hip-Hop all I really listen to now is the older stuff, though I still listen to some songs/artists that include rapping. Hollywood Undead for example....Well, that's probably my only example. But I listen to everything as well, I don't really have a favorite genre, more so favorite artists....But most of those artists be classified as rock, so take that as you will.

On RAP: I'd like to note that while I do enjoy a sick beat as much as anyone, most songs about "bitches" and "wealth" come across as crass, hollow cash whoring to me. The ones about how drugs fucked up their lives ("my uncle shoots heroin" is still a fantastic line that still hits me), or about various emotions--this is where rap and hip hop shine, since the beat draws you in and the lyrics enrapture you.

Meanwhile, all the radio seems to play is that one stupid piece of cash grabbing shit. I can't even... "Talk dirty to me"... There are lines they write that rhyme the same damn words. Laaazzzzyyyyy.

Tl;Dr: Retards Attempting Poetry is poisoning the soul of rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.