Where the Wind Blows (Interest Check/Idea Coagulation/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, i want to come in, but i've an idea. I'd like my character to be some sort of "Paradox Spirit". If none has ever played mage the ascention, it's kinda like this: mage is the twist of reality. When you twist reality, reality resists to be twisted, and that's called "the paradox". But, the interesting thing is that reality is what people thinks reality is, so now that there's no people, reality is what you want it to be. Since then, Paradox is useless. There's where my character enters: Paradox is useless, Paradox should die, but, like everything in nature, it doesn´t want to die, so Paradox has turned to be a living thing, a corpe touched by life and susceptible to death, starving, etc.
My character is paradox itself, so in human life he would be kind of an alien, but he lives of magic, and has a fearsome magical power (since in eternity, it was magic).
Most interesting... he wouldn't be the only one in the world of this paradox spirits.

Would it be posible, oh you great GM???

I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to join the rp with such a character. The roleplay's focuses are on showing survivor's reactions to a world changed by a nuclear apocalypse (and in this setting the magic that comes with it), and showing how this world is changing itself. For the first focus, the best way to present that through the players would be to have them play human characters who lived pre-apocalypse (that's a restriction subtly entailed in the novella-long intro to the rp) and don't have direct, natural access to the world's magic. And as for the second focus, I already have plans for how the rest of the world will develop (the map I mentioned in my earlier posts will show that [actually, already shows that, just that I don't know how to put it in the internets]), and your suggestion, however lovely, can't fit with them. So again, I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to join the rp with such a character. However, you can still play, only with the character bounds stated here and on the intro.

ok... Then i'd like to be part of the mop and that all my "family" was in that bunker, except for the Don and his family, so i'd be with them, near las vegas. Would you like me to make my partners to?

Hm... Ya know, I do have a brother in this thing, but I haven't made a char sheet yet. In there, he doesn't even know we're related.

I wonder if Alyss and Co. are in range to pick up Craig's two-way?

Name: Robert Franklin
Gender/Orientation: Male, openly questioning
Appearance: A burly white man with dark hair, quite unkempt, with stubble forming, currently wearing hiking clothing.
Skills: A practitioner of MMA, physically fit, can improvise, charismatic, a decent shot with a pistol, has basic survival skills (can pack a rucksack properly and build a solar still and a latrine)
Flaws: Has got a big mouth that lands him in trouble, has a few recurring injuries and chronic pain, such as pins in his hip and a chronically painful shoulder and knee, also has a lot of trouble sleeping.
Background: Robert Franklin is a journalist who is currently freelance, as he doesn't know whether his publishers are still alive. His skills are acquired from his time embedded with a military unit covering the soldiers experiences during a peacekeeping operation when a genocide took place, as well as his advocation for self-sufficiency and self-defense in his articles. His chronic injuries were acquired when he was arrested and tortured by a foreign nations secret police for interviewing a "rebel" in said country, he later wrote a book about his experiences. His current location is his "BOL" in the hills, with it's own fallout shelter, stocked with supplies that should at the very least aid survival in a post apocalyptic hell.

No one's posting in the rp! Why the slowness? Or are my alerts just lying to me?

So would it be too OTT if my character had a HAM radio in his fallout shelter?

Pleaaase tell me this rp is still open! It sounds so awesome! :D

Name: Leila Santiago
Sex: Female and Bisexual
Skills/Advantages:
- She's great at driving in the way that is kind of just a tiny bit illegal (which is why she never had a licence before the bombs hit. But now...Hehe)
- When her college still existed she was one of the fastest runners on the track team.
- She used to have a lot of younger siblings, so she knows how to take care and deal with those younger than her.
Flaws/Disadvantages:
- She's extremely argumentative and she hates it when people try and tell her what to do.
- Along with being a great driver, she's also very reckless.
- She's terribly afraid of dogs. (There would be random stray dogs wandering around right?)
Appearance: Leila is a relatively tall girl, standing at 5'9'', with light brown skin and weighing about 145 lbs. Her hair is blackish brown and during the day she keeps it long, going past her shoulders. At night she ties is up in either a ponytail or a bun. Her eyes are gray, although sometimes they appear to be black depending on how close you are to her.
She usually wears leather jackets, boots, shades, crop tops and jeans. She never wears skirts, dresses or loose flowing clothing.
Personality: Leila is loud and abrasive, and she doesn't take crap from anyone. She can be kind and optimistic too, but if you get on her bad side you will most likely stay on her bad side. Except if you're anyone below the age of seventeen. She loves children, so no matter what you do she will always forgive you and do her best to help you out.
Background: Leila was living a regular life before the war started. She was going to college to major in education, and she had a job working at a recreation center near her house. Unlike most college students, she didn't live on campus in a dorm and instead stayed at home with her mother and her six younger siblings; Two brothers (8 and 13) and four sisters (12, 12, 6, and 16). Of course not all of them were her actual siblings but you would never be able to tell by the way she treated them. She always looked out for them and did her best to stay strong in front of them at all times. The only time she let her guard down was when she was bitten by their neighbors dog and developed a chronic fear of canines.
Almost everything was perfect, but of course, life always has to have some kinks. Like how Leila couldn't get her license because she kept 'cutting corners' literally. She could never manage to stay on the road and usually ended up driving through the DMV hedges or at one time, another car. The fact that she was probably the only twenty one year old without a car, seriously depressed her and for awhile she just sat around stuffing chips down her throat, and staring at the tv. Until her mother forcibly pushed her out of the house and ordered her to go get a hobby. And at first Leila simply intended to pay a visit to one of her friends and lay around on their couch, but in the process of going to find them she stumbled on to the track team try out and by the end of the day, she was one of them.
Leila loved track. Whenever she ran she felt so free, and she was very good at it. She was the fastest member of her team after the co-captains.
When the bombs hit, she was stocking up on groceries and necessities when the force of the bomb making contact with the ground, caused her to fly into a wall. When the air cleared, she ran back to her house, hoping and praying that even though the bomb impact was so close, that maybe just maybe it had missed her house.
But of course, she was wrong. The bomb had massacred her house and everything for miles, including her school and the rec center that she used to work at.

Still Open, Still Alive

So would it be too OTT if my character had a HAM radio in his fallout shelter?
Nah, everyone's supposed to have radios. Or at least have radios somewhere immediately nearby. The radio's supposed to be the tool for first revealing how much the world is changing in terms of magic. But that's still far from happening, so no need to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.