Where the Wild Things Are...

C

Cammeh

Original poster
But the wild things cried, "Oh please don't go - we'll eat you up - we love you so!"
And Max said, "No!"
The wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws but Max stepped into his private boat and waved goodbye.

RIP, Maurice Sendak, we're sorry we couldn't keep you...

What children's books do you remember loving? I'm feeling nostalgic today...

T_T no why that was the first book i ever actually liked and finished...why did he have to die its not fair T_T

i loved the poem books like where the sidewalk ends and my new favorite ((i bouoght the book a couple days ago)) the melancholy death of oyster boy by tim burton ^_^

Aww...
This is sad. At least he lived long enough to see his storybook be made into a big, pretty movie., I guess.

Lemme think, I loved:
Peef, The Christmas Bear (one of my favorites as a child)
The Secret Garden (my mother read it to me when I was very young, chapter at a time, and then I myself read when I was old enough)
Velveteen Rabbit
Love You Forever

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that come to mind.

Peter Rabbit
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
When I Was Young in the Mountains
My Great Aunt Arizona
The Keeping Quilt
Mama Do you Love Me?

and yes i still have ALL those books : D i can read them to my children if i ever have any *cough*

hell i could read them now for old times sake lolz

i wont read any of them to either my adoptive kids ((cant have my own)) or my brothers kids ((when he has them)) i will read them true life murder stories because they are far better what would you rather hear
i think i can i think i can
or
he slit open the throat of this poor girl with a rusty spoon and then started to carve her into little bits with his chainsaw just so he could have small enough pieces that it would cook well enough.

^_^
i dont think he will let me ever stay with his kids without someone watching XD

I thought this was going to be a thread about Jack London. :|

L. Frank Baum. The 20 or so books that many people have no idea he wrote.