Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
Whenever I write a post I write it in a text document before copying it over to Iwaku. I have lost too many posts to not do this. Even if I hadn’t, however, I usually don’t finish my posts in one sitting so it’s not practical for me to write them in the text box. So where do you write your posts?

I always have word open while I am writing. usually half screen so I can read the post and write at the same time. Though I am decently very quick at replying too, so I rarely ever not write my post in one sitting.

Reactions: PaulaVonMalotki
Always write on Libre... because I don't answer the RP in one go, but rather in phases.. write a part.. think of the next.. write a part and then copy and paste the new post in the on-site text box

Also.. the English dictionary on Libre is much better (since I added a few words myself from my OALD wich where interesting enough not incuded in the program :3 ) .. the browser insists on using AE instead of BE, and I don't like that

I use the site text box, seeing as I'm on mobile it's just the easiest for me. Plus I've rarely lost posts. I've noticed on the bottom once the word count updates that usually means it's saved all of what I typed. I'll type away wait for it to update and then if for some reason I need to do something else it's waiting for me when I come back. I rarely don't finish posts once I start, I don't let myself do that because I'll likely forget or lose my muse if I do. I have to finish it in the moment

I'll never switch from the on-site text box. I've lost posts once or twice, but I will admit generally speaking, once I can shove my brain along to get through a paragraph, I can usually shove my brain along to get through the rest of it in the same sitting, so usually what I lose is like, a sentence that's been sitting there stalled for a month. I feel like if I tried writing my RP posts in a word doc, I'd slip into CS, present, or solo project mode, and that simply doesn't work for me for writing RP posts. I keep having to scroll back up to see what they just wrote (bc I don't want to miss anything but my brain holds memories as well as hands hold water), and after all this time, it just feels off to put them in a word doc, when word docs are meant to last for me. Like I put all my worldbuilding stuff in that kind of thing, yaknow? I don't want pages and pages of posts some for RPs that never got anywhere floating around in word docs all over my fun writing folder.

If I know I'm going to need time or won't have internet connection to send posts or am writing for a discord RP and run into the word limit, I will put them in a little notepad, though. I don't know why it gives me an extra feeling of security, when notepads only started autosaving on shutdowns like... in the last year, but it does, lol, and I've actually never lost a post that way (I've lost OTHER things that way, but not posts). Notepads aren't really meant for permanent status, so I just transfer the post over as soon as it's ready and delete it, haha.

I use a program called EditPad which is just a slightly more jazzed up version of Notepad. 8D At one point I had a computer that had this UNPROMPTED RANDOM RESTART problem for no goddamned reason, so I got into the habit of writing everything in Editpad with Autosave turned on so I wouldn't lose anything. Back then the forums didn't have autosave themselves. I also like the Editpad cause I can have tabs, cause I usually have multiple drafts of things I am working on (though rarely multiple rp posts at the same time).

Sometimes I do still use the forum's text box if I have to do a lot of extra formatting OR if I am typing a post at the speed of light. I still try not to do that though unless it's just a fast and short post, cause despite trusting the stability of the server YOU NEVER KNOW 😂

I always write directly on Iwaku, but if I have to stop midway for something, I usually copy paste it into my notes app or a GoogleDoc. I've had too many times where I thought I saved my progress and came back later to see that it was gone LOL

I use Doc. Usually because it edits any spelling mistakes I have made for me. Additionally, I am bad at comma placements and the tab usually gets me that too.

Google Doc. Because it is important for me to be able to write everywhere I can and on the go. I also don't like tempting fate too much and risk losing all of my files that I only stored up in one place, or the internet crapped out and now the post is lost.

I write almost everything in Word, so I can save it then and there before posting. My RP records before 2014 went up in smoke because RPG went offline and I wrote everything in text boxes without saving them elsewhere. Was a big reason why I came to Iwaku, actually!

Considering that I take a long time to reply to others، I would use Google Notes / Doc. It's a habit I've picked up since I did not start roleplaying on here/discord. I used to roleplay on a social chat app that will erase everything you've written when you click away. A tendency I have, I admit. I also like to go back, think, edit the post multiple times. The text box, here or anywhere else, seems too small for me. My ideas cannot flow properly. I also try not to use the text box here because I have a bad habit of clicking "cancel" and I will lose all my progress. 💀 It's a pain, so I use google notes / docs. It also helps that I do like to keep track and save all of my roleplay.

I use the site text box 99% of the time. I lose my posts here and there, but I never learn.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: firejay1 and Dusk
On site text box unless I absolutely need to paste it somewhere else, like to check wordcount or something. Group collabs usually end up in a google doc, however.

I also basically never double-check my work, just belt it right off the brain and hit send. I just make sure there's no red squiggles. Sometimes I reread my posts after writing them to make sure I'm not losing touch, and I find super minor stuff like a letter not being capitalized or something.

Generally in my writing I feel I do abuse commas, ellipses, and "quote marks" around words though, lol. Lately I have tried to be a little better about it, but I'll probably always abuse commas.

On Iwaku, I use the on-site text box because of the autosave feature that it possesses, which is a really neat tool. I also use Gdocs, too because of the same feature. It just matters how much I want to write at the time, honestly.

I use to write on the program that came with my computer. But after forgetting to save and losing my work a few dozen times I finally made the move to Google Doc's. Life has been much less stressful since then😅