Where do you find images for your characters?

I usually use Tumblr. Sometimes I'll already have pictures that I like on the site and just use it from there.

Just a little contribution to this thread:
Using a vague physical description and after your buddies know your character well, ask them: "what do you think she/he looks like?" It can spark a wonderful discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Google, usually speaking. Sometimes Facebook if I come across anything cool.

Most of my character pictures are either commission pictures I have ordered (if my character is female) or something I find on google using key terms of the RP

deviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv, Pinterest... If I can't find anything at one, I move to another. deviantArt is the best if you want real variety, but it's easier to find good ones on Tumblr and Pinterest. Pixiv is usually more trouble than it's worth, but it does have some diamonds in the rough.

I find just about every single one of my images on google. However, there are times where I look towards deviantart and weheartit.

Given all my characters are alien/fantasy critters of my own creation, it's pretty much impossible to find an image. And so far, every artist I've befriended has ended up disappearing, the last one due to "family issues" (private). So yes, I do have a few pics, of a very few characters... but no home internet now makes it difficult, coupled with the fact I only have one really "finished" pic (my Nism character, Deen).

http://s23.photobucket.com/user/Lillend/media/UnicornVisionCHARS/DisneyInspiredDeen_Sketch.png.html

Last edited:
Hollowart and Deviantart are the ones I use most often, other times I google.

I stalk tumblr and pinterest for hours until I find exactly what I want. :c

I have a tendency to want to see the character's picture/face before I can write about them.

I wish I was an artist. It would make things so much easier. >u<
I am the same as Sakura. But instead of Tumblr, I stalk Deviant art.

I like to act as the NPC in my roleplays. I'd like my NPC to have a little bit of character to them but its hard to think of a new look everytime. So I take my time browsing people's arts in Deviantart. When I see what I like, I write my character based on the image.

I could draw a bit. But everytime, I find my myself discontent with my drawings. I probably have a mild OCD. But soon, very soon, I hope, I will try and draw again, once I buy a graphic tablet.

Liger. My #1 resource for character commissions.
In other words I commission my characters to be drawn, and mainly by one person.
<--- I mean look at that amazing work.
But in order to get a commission I look up images on google to find exactly what I am seeking. It can take hours.

DeviantArt
Pixiv
Danbooru (NSFW, unless you utilize the rating:safe tag)

I primarily use Google Images, DeviantArt, and sometimes tumblr (but rarely).

Since I mainly RP as DMC 3 Dante? Tumblr, some art I had done for me or I use Pixiv. I don't have any real OCs...

My go-to for images is Concept Art World ... http://conceptartworld.com

It's a visual outlet for the (professional) video game, graphics and themed art communities. I find the images here high-quality.

Pixiv.

Live a live is a lesser known game. Zerochan has a few Akira images and dA has a few as well.

DeviantART, Google, and Imgur/Reddit sometimes. Imgur has some kick-ass art floating around on the front page some days.

I should commission art more, but I'm poor. :( one day, character artists, I will support you!

I should point out also that most of the time, I lean towards real people for image use just for the flexibility of outfit and style changes! While they're not important to everyone, they can be important to me ^^