Where do we go now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tucker was all but purring, contentment practically oozing out of him. He loved the feel of the other boy's hands rubbing his back. The little patterns he traced along his skin were hypnotic in a sense, and it lulled him into an easy state of mind. He liked the way 090 talked to him, so laid back and open- he wasn't angry or condescending at all. He felt good and loved and happy, and it didn't take much for him to fall asleep after that. 090 talked to him in his sleep, and he dreamt about the other experiment. His dreams weren't filled with fear or pain, as they so often were. Instead, he was somewhere soft and warm, and 090 was there with him. Their fingers were interlocked and they sat side by side, leaning against one another for support. Sean talked to him in that same warm and gentle tone, and all was well with the world. Until he woke up. The child yelped in surprize being shook awake, and every instinct in his body told him to bite the hand that shook him awake, but he calmed down enough to see that it was just Sean, and that there was no reason to bite him, no matter how scared he was.

"I told you I'd be back." Silas reassured him. "You left this in the car," Once more, he showed him the doll, wordlessly urging him to take it. He wished he had something of equal sentimental importance for 088 to have, but all he had were the chimera's wretched mittens, and he was positive the boy didn't want to look at them at all. "... You would be hungry. Now's about the time you usually eat, isn't it?" Silas looked at the clock on the wall. It was a good bit past their normal breakfast time- even with tests scheduled into their day. The man stood on shaky legs to walk to the kitchen to see about something for the two of them to eat- something that wouldn't upset their stomachs.

the food they had the facility was some sort of high grade gruel. It was nutritious, certainly enough for the two of them to get everything they needed from it- but bland and dull. Even the flavored variety didn't have much taste to it. Neither of their taste buds would be heavily acclimated to anything with a lot of flavor in it. It was uncertain how they'd take the food he had to offer. This sort of thing was an experiment he'd wanted to perform back at the lab, but it was different there. There, things felt more controlled. He felt like he had more power, like he could get better results back at the lab. Here, everything was all messed up, hardly good for sound research. "I don't have anything that you two normally eat," He admitted, " but I want you to be good and try what I give you, alright?"

Silas didn't have the time or the energy to go about making a hefty meal for the three of them, but he did have a good bit of fruit that was ready to be eaten. Most of it, save for the grapes in his fridge, were safe for them to eat, factoring in their wolves' dna. He cut up a bowl of various fruits for the two of them to eat. They'd never been fed much at the lab, it was likely it wouldn't take much to fill their stomachs. He doubted 088 would even eat at this point, seeing how startled he looked after having been woke up.

He watched the two of them interact as he cut up their food; it was a calming sort of entertainment. He could watch them and think, distract his mind from the trouble that loomed overhead in his brain.It was fascinating, seeing how 088 automatically responded to 090's anxiety. For a child who'd never had much social interaction with another of his own kind, 088 was picking up social cues remarkably fast. the child curled around his friend when he felt him tense up, and at the scared question he received, Silas came forward to reassure both of them that they were safe. "Nobody is coming to get you. You're safe with me. I promised, didn't I?" With that, he set the bowl down in front of them. "Sean, you might recognize these. Remember? Like in your books?" He pointed to the apple and the strawberry chunks in the bowl.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Sean was greatly pleased that Tucker recognized him so easily as something nonthreatening. He booped their noses together, while Sails was talking to them. He let out a surprised gasp, grabbing his toy from the scientist's hands. It's head was starting to fall off. But he was so darned happy to have it back. He hugged it close to him, then held it out for Tucker to look at. "This is my toy. He gave it to me last year." He said proudly.

"Eat it." He promised, nodding his head rapidly. He wondered what he could possibly be bringing them then. He'd never had anything else other then the stuff he got at that place. He found it kind of hard to imagine that there was anything else. Sean almost thought it was a bit suspicious had it not been him that was telling him.

Sean watched him walk away, but he could still see him. He was looking around the room, picking things up, then putting them down again. Sometimes the stuff he was holding made loud noises, which caused him to jump. Eventually, he just turned around so he wouldn't have to listen to it. "Play?" He asked, hold his doll out to Tucker, with a hopeful look in his eyes. He started to make an excited yelping sound, then spun around in a circle on his hands and feet, his curled spine seeming to make this action extremely natural. He faced him, his eyes bright and panting. He gently tapped his head against Tuckers.

He stopped acting so rambunctious when Sails came back with a plate full of 'food.' It was so bright and colorful that Sean thought it really might have been a trick. But then he realized the he had seen them in the books Sails had tried to teach him to read with. He picked up the yellow one and put the whole thing in his mouth. He chewed and found that it was a lot harder then he had expected, but it was practically soaked in water, like the sponges the others had used to wash his body. It was also really sweet.

His eyes widened in delight. He picked up one of the red ones that was bleeding pink. That one was sour, but still really good. He shoved a few of those into his mouth, then chewing the whole mouthful slowly. He picked up one of the apple slices, and held against Tucker's lips. "Good!" He promised, with chewed fruit splattered all over his face. "Called fruit." He explained. "Book says so." He licked his cheeks, as far as his tongue would go, but couldn't get what was on his nose and the apples of his cheeks.

Reactions: Special Doodle
Status
Not open for further replies.