Where did your username come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my name has been many things Gilmore Girl 12 use to be my name for the longest time partially due to the show and it might be in my name some where, plus the show was a bit like my life, The 12 was for the car I have loved and we got her at 12 years old. Mostly in memory of her. Then when I got here I decided to change it cause I had been using that for years. I went from The White witch which is from Narnia that was another site then to Wicked witch aka duh Wizard of OZ to Scorpio Queen I am a Scorpio to Satan's Mistress because why not Dark Disney triplet I have 2 friends on here who are like my triplets. Then Just shortened it to Dark Disney because I like Disney Villains and fucked up twisted shit so that's where I am and plus I can find some kind of cool fucked up Disney photos. So Yeah

Oh this will be fun. The name Bread rather or CommanderBread which was my actual name everyone knows me by comes from a far away time when I was sixteen and a youthful (I feel old leave me alone ok? It happens when you look in the mirror and all you see is Billy Mays.) Gamer. I searched around for something that id keep in my head forever. Something I couldnt forget and there it was hitting me like a brick. Bread! I eat it... I have it... I see it almost everyday... I cant forget this right? So there I was Bread the name but it didnt stay that for very long. After 1 and a half year I discovered the game that changed my gaming forever. ArmA 3. This game gave me my first steps into the direction of RP as I found myself a english crew that went through the original setups a actual Army would and eventually because im a lucky bastard. I climbed the Ranks to Commander where I stayed for another long year with ups and downs but overall great fun. As a memory I said to myself thats my name. CommanderBread. End of story.

Reactions: Celest
I'm named after a boss monster from a free-to-play MMO that shut down.

My username is the result of half an intense minute trying desperately to think of something "clever" and "deep".

While I IMO failed, I like the name that on December 10. '15 was spewed out of me.

'Pen' and 'Sword' is from the saying about the Pen being mightier than the sword, but I have no idea how 'Desperate' and 'Intrusive' came to be.

• Love
Reactions: tigertruth
Let me see, I think I made it before I joined Iwaku and surprisingly I never changed it in two years. The name comes from a character from a web comic, the said character was a hacker. I used his name for two reasons, I liked the character concept, and secondary because at that time I was very irritated by people talking about "hacking" while they didn't have the foggiest idea how wrong their affirmations were.

My current username started out as Mrcandyman2000; nothing special about it, just something I came up with randomly on spot (although it may have been slightly influenced by Willy Wonka). As one might imagine, my nickname very quickly became Candy on most sites, and eventually I decide to shorten my username to be just that (which soon inspired jokes about me being made of actual candy). And since I'm such a huge fan of Vocaloids, it didn't take me very long to add "Hatsune" to the front of my username in reference to Hatsune Miku, my favorite Vocaloid. The name Hatsune Candy has stuck with me ever since, and I wouldn't ever dream of changing it. In the same manner, I wouldn't ever dream of not having a Miku related image as my avatar.

• Love
Reactions: SacredWarrior
J.P.Clyde is what I often go with or Clyde

Which is my pen name for my novels plus my birth name. And it always sounds awesome online when people don't know its my birth name. lol

As for Salty Tears.

Too much Adult Swim. Too much annoyance with certain people all over the internet. Thus I became the Salty captain stealing their salty tears.

One can never have too much Adult Swim!

Old school Adult Swim. Talking good Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

And not most of these shitastic shows trying to ride on the success of something they don't have any more. Archer still good

Old school Adult Swim. Talking good Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

And not most of these shitastic shows trying to ride on the success of something they don't have any more. Archer still good
504.gif

A bit off topic but did you get Project DIVA Future Tone?
I wish I could, but unfortunately it's only on PS4 and I don't a PS4, or any Sony consoles for that matter; which really sucks since most Project Diva games are Playstation exclusives.

Um.

It's literally my name. ;-;

As far as the name: It comes from the roman masculine name Valentine (pronounced valen-teen), coming from latin valens meaning strength. My name is specifically the french feminine version, the only version of the name pronounced like "tine." I spell it the way I do for clarity (and because it's never taken online).

Ready for some teenage edge? "Shadon" is an abbreviation/play on words of "SHADow" and "dragON" So my name means "Shadow Dragon"

As for my last name "Xarian"... I don't really remember XP Its the bloodline name of one of the species in my story, so it probably has something to do with that.

And back when I was "Pharaoh Shadon" the pharaoh part came from my old admin started to call himself "Emperor" so I thought what was better than emperor. I like ancient Egypt, so Pharaoh came to mind :D

When I was about 9 or 10 years old I wanted to play games on the computer and there was a site with cool games called cartoonnetwork, it was the games site of a cartoon channel on tv, and it was necessary to create an account on the site to be able to save my progress, back then everyone called me cilinho, which is a shortened version of my real name, so I chose cilinho as a nickname on the site too, but at the time it was already taken, and then the site suggested many variations from the nickname cilinho, and one of them was cilinhosan, which I really liked, after that my only nickname in everything that I had an account on was cilinhosan, but one or two years ago I decided to change my nickname from cilinhosan to Cilin Hosan, which sounds more like a real name and surname, but still keeping the same nickname, I just added a space in the middle of it and put a capital letter in the beginning of each of the two names.

Once upon a time, I went by Hanako H on Fanfiction.net. This was a very weeb-ish name that I probably came up with while I was still a Naruto fan and was likely thinking of Neji Hyuuga. And the Hyuugettes. And how much I wanted to be a Hyuugette. Eventually, the purpose of the fangirlish weeb name faded over time as I grew out of the fandom but I kept the name because it grew on me. Though people kept on asking what the 'H' meant.

I used to run a group rp forum on FF and as I grew closer with my players who became close to me, they called me Hana more than Hanako. So that was probably the start of my partiality to the name.

When I first started on Iwaku I was 'Hanako-san', but eventually I simplified it to Hana because I identify with it much more anyway. So now I'm Hana on Iwaku. Simple and sweet.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie and Nav
MST3K is one of my all time favorite shows. Started watching it in college and it got me through some rough parts with laughs and taught me how to laugh at dumb movies rather than just get frustrated with how dumb they are.

Okay so. I'll go into two. My original username here. (P1eMa5t3r) and my current.

So. on a different site, a friend was making an RP based off a manga that is basically like a 'deep web Red Room + Hunger Games' style game.
I needed a username for my character to go by. I didn't wanna go by my username on that site at the time (because it sorta involved my IRL name. (just my first name tho) ) and thus, P1eMa5t3r was my first username here.

Now for my Kiilgore username story.
So I was lookin for an RP to participate in on this site. It was an 'sao'-ish inspired RP so to say... kinda? I had no idea for THAT character's username. A friend suggested Killgore.

Later, I started to play Mabinogi. On my initial server, alexina I believe it was, 'Killgore' was taken. So! I decided to switch one of the l's for an i. and it just stuck.

I have a passion for going through languages and etymologies, especially when naming a character. This character happened to be of Norse origin, so I spent the better part of an hour scouring through the language. I couldn't really find anything to my liking in the names database though. I decided to instead make one up.

Grimm more or less means "fierce", and Dom means "judgment." You could say this character was very...grimdark.
rimshot.gif

Reactions: Nav
Status
Not open for further replies.