Where can users post their CS's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gossamer

Original poster
Hi hello hi thank you for reading this :angel:

I am currently in the process of creating a roleplay, and I am curious if there is a separate forum or section where interested users can post their character sheets besides the Signups & Plot Discussion / OOC

I kind of have OCD, and have also never GM'd a roleplay before (which might be obvious) so under the hypothetical chance that I have a significant number of users interested in participating, can I, for example, create a thread in the Interest Checking & Discussion section specifically for posting character sheets?

I prefer starting the roleplay with a fresh OOC and IC with only accepted users and their characters posting within the thread, rather than creating the IC a week or two later, and having un-accepted character sheets just sitting in the first few pages of the OOC. I'm aware that it's possible for me to delete this posts, but that sounds like it would feel kind of weird, and I would prefer not to have the first few pages of the OOC with a deleted post here and there along with posts from users who will not be participating in the roleplay. Again, i'm being hypothetical.

Like I said, OCD ;-; But yeah, I am on the fence as to whether or not creating a separate thread in the Interest Checking & Discussion section is allowed, and just wanted to make sure before doing so. Or anywhere else besides the OOC really, but I understand if I cannot and will happily comply~

TL;DR I have OCD pls halp call ambulanc

If you read all of that, thank you. If you didn't, thank you regardless, because you are lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Perfect Neglect
Hi hello hi thank you for reading this :angel:

I am currently in the process of creating a roleplay, and I am curious if there is a separate forum or section where interested users can post their character sheets besides the Signups & Plot Discussion / OOC

I kind of have OCD, and have also never GM'd a roleplay before (which might be obvious) so under the hypothetical chance that I have a significant number of users interested in participating, can I, for example, create a thread in the Interest Checking & Discussion section specifically for posting character sheets?

I prefer starting the roleplay with a fresh OOC and IC with only accepted users and their characters posting within the thread, rather than creating the IC a week or two later, and having un-accepted character sheets just sitting in the first few pages of the OOC. I'm aware that it's possible for me to delete this posts, but that sounds like it would feel kind of weird, and I would prefer not to have the first few pages of the OOC with a deleted post here and there along with posts from users who will not be participating in the roleplay. Again, i'm being hypothetical.

Like I said, OCD ;-; But yeah, I am on the fence as to whether or not creating a separate thread in the Interest Checking & Discussion section is allowed, and just wanted to make sure before doing so. Or anywhere else besides the OOC really, but I understand if I cannot and will happily comply~

TL;DR I have OCD pls halp call ambulanc

If you read all of that, thank you. If you didn't, thank you regardless, because you are lovely.
I think the Interest Checking & Discussion is for, just that, interest checking and discussing possible RP's, so I wouldn't recommend having a sign-ups thread there. Some people have their sign-ups thread separate from the OOC, and then a Character Bin, which is a thread where everyone who has had their CS approved can post it, which makes it easier to keep track of characters without having to go through a clutter of unapproved ones and OOC chatter. It's a bit of a pain for us mods to handle so many threads for the same RP, but as long as you link the threads in every OP it should be fine.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
You can also post CS' in your blog, or you can have members send a PM and post their CS' in an album. you made. I'd also recommend trying out the prefix 'invite only' for the IC and placing that in the title of the signups, that way your friends are the only one who can post CS' without deletion or you can at least trust them to. (:

Thank you both very much, I know what course of action to take now~

Appreciate it bunches.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.