Where are you?

A

AwesomenessKON

Original poster
Where did you get your start gaming?

game-consoles-timelinea-timeline-of-the-best-selling-video-games-in-the-us-the-games-1hhkrfuq.jpg

What he said. Even though I hadn't been born yet I started with the NES. then the SNES, then I tried the Genesis, the the gameboy. And so on and so on.

(born in 1993) My dad had an NES and I had fun with DUCKHUNT, KARATE, MARIO BROS, ETC. but my first memories were the late 90s and early 2000s. Rareware being my idle for obvious reasons. Gamecube was huge for me too. I poured hours into SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE, SOUL CALIBUR 2, and that is where I really got into Zelda with LEGEND OF ZELDA TWILIGHT PRINCESS. Gameboy was big with KIRBYS ADVENTURE, SUPER MARIO DELUXE, and F-ZERO: MAXIMUM VELOCITY which leads into my teenage years and so on.

I'm a huge Nintendo gamer obviously... ^u^!

I started with nintendo only. Some of my best memories are playing Super Mario RPG with my mom. Even when I got grounded she let me play as long as it was with her. Even to this day she plays games. (I was born in '92.)

Commodore 64. :|

I am what you call a Nintendo loyalist. Always have been and always will be. Other than that, I enjoy select games on other systems and a HUGE fan of a great soundtrack and/or plot. Many many cool games because they have one but not the other, but there are rare gems that have both.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
While my dad was shooting aliens in Galaga, I was there, that little twinkle behind his eye.

NES with my dad, long hours in Duck Hunt and Metroid. Still have my NES and old cartridges too for nostalgia's sake. Pretty sure my mom played, but only when I wasn't around for whatever reason. Now she just gives me grief about playing whenever I mention getting a new game on Facebook, as if she's got room to talk with hundreds of hours on her FaceBook games..

Born in '89. Always had a PC around the house too, even when I was a toddler. Playing games like Hover and a few others. My big thing came when I got Tiberian Sun. So many skirmish games..

The original Playstation.

I started with an original Gameboy and Super Mario Land. Then I got a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Red. Then I got a PlayStation and Final Fantasy VII. These three games have made me who I am today. :P And I was born in '90, for whoever cares.

Reactions: AwesomenessKON
My first system was a Gamecube. It was a present for the family from mom and dad, and we got Super Smash Bros: Melee, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and the Legend of Zelda Collector's Disc (containing Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and a 20-minute playable demo of Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker).

Mom picked it because most of the games were family-friendly, and there were a lot of multiplayer and co-op games. She didn't want us to play anything violent, graphic, or promotional of drugs, alcohol, etc, and if we were going to play videogames she wanted it to be a social thing; no sitting by ourselves playing.

I am so glad she got it at launch so we got the Zelda Disc; there's no guarentee I would ever have discovered Adventure Games or become a gamer if she hadn't. The other games were good, but in my head they still take second place to a good ARPG, and mom wouldn't have chosen a pack of single-player games if it hadn't been included. The salesman, she said, was also a fan of the zelda games and told her that the collector disc was a big reason this launch was going to be so big; there was probably a way she could have bought just the console and saved money, so thank you so much, games sales guy, wherever you are!

I got my start on the PC, actually. Meaning that I have forever been part of the glorious PC gaming master race.

Oh, and first console was a PS1. It was rather sweet.

The Nintendo 64 that my older brother left for me when he went to college. Then the PlayStation (all the newer versions) and the Wii very briefly while staying with my brother and my nephew. I prefer the PlayStation or the Nintendo to be honest.

Reactions: AwesomenessKON
I started gaming with the N64, but my dad still had a working Atari 2600 that I played with. Thing was so old, it wouldn't turn on half the time.

I think I started with either the Playstation or Dreamcast. I honestly don't remember which one I had first. My dad bought one of them since he was into video games at the time where I was just pressing buttons and trying to figure out what they did. Heck, I was playing games before I could even say "I want to play videogames." I just sorta made a hand gesture of holding a controller and going "pew pew pew" when I wanted to play.

Frogger for Intellivision. I was four when I started playing, so that would have been in 1992 but my family has had the console since '84 I do believe.

._____. I think...I think our Intellivision still works....

Gaming? DOS and then SNES. Master of Magic is still some bomb ass shit. BTW