Where are my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. buddies at?

Gibs

Member of the Month
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
http://www.gsc-game.com/

GSC Game World announces S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - the official sequel to best-selling game series - in development now. A completely new multi-platform technology developed by GSC will make the core of the game.
"After the official sales of the series exceeded 4 million copies worldwide, we had no doubts left to start creating a new big game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe. This will be the next chapter of the mega-popular game players expect from us" - said Sergiy Grygorovych, CEO of GSC Game World.
The game is scheduled for release in 2012.
dot.gif

Commence personal blowouts...

Only thing that worries me it the "A completely new multi-platform technology developed by GSC will make the core of the game." part. Here's hoping they avoid the Halo/Modern Warfare influence.

If they did, it would be the huge ass pebble in the river avoiding the current.

And I would commend them for it.

Wait, they're starting a new STALKER series? As in a 4th game, new drama? MORE ARTIFACTS? YESSSSSS.

I HAD A BLOWOUT IN MY PANTS!

also Gibs, can you point me at the Call of Pripyat again, i lost it when i re-installed windows 8(

multi-platform

And I was dismayed... This means that the chances of it being a console game first, PC game second just went up 110%

Why in 2012? the world is sposto end.. Maybe it will be a bunch of power plants exploding all over the world... then the whole world will be like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Isabellas like radiation...

The calendar ends, not the world, sheesh. Once you hit the last month on a yearly calendar, Armageddon doesn't hit.

Anyway, multi-platform doesn't necessarily mean that they'll delay the PC release. Since the first games are made for PC, I assume they'll probably do this sequel for the PC first as well. Unless multi-platform means "we're making it for the Droid." Heh. And they already have an engine they can use for the PC game, so that puts development there theoretically ahead.

COMRADES! IM JONESING FOR SOME S.T.A.L.K.E.R AND I CANNAE GET IT THROUGH THE USUAL CHANNELS, HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE!

Not what I meant Drac...

What I meant was that it'll play like any other generic Console shooter/game. That they'll design the entire game as a console game, and not a game that'll feel at home on the PC. Numerous things that a PC can handle the old gen. Consoles can't, thus the game will be scaled back to fit the console.

Not to say that perhaps they won't pull something outta' the hat that can work. But my hopes for the game went down the drain hearing that it'll be multiplatform.

BAH WOODY! THIS IS S.T.A.L.K.E.R WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.

it will always be glorious.

Well as promised I got permission and I can now say the following:
"Do not worry, PC is still our favorite platform and STALKER is a PC game primarily. It will be a port onto Console and not the other way around" - Sasha[GSC]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Official-STALKER/111521215540469

Well, that makes me feel a little better.
If it isn't just some PR babble.

Also, yeah, I make topics and forget about them.

Well that makes me feel better, if perhaps only a little bit. Here's hoping that isn't a string of PR. I won't quite jump on the excitement bandwagon (wanta see some screens and more about the story first) but my interest is now perked more.