When Worlds Collide

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by Fox of Spades, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    A 1x1 between @Xyvian and @Fox of Spades
    Chaos' Realm:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    For the first time in a long time, Chaos felt nervous. It was silly, but butterflies fluttered in his stomach and his mind wandered. "Tomorrow," a familiar crazed glint lit up his eyes, "tomorrow, everyone will wake up to a brand new world." He gestured to the portal before him and focused on the bright flashes of black and blue. If one focused on the pulsating lights they would notice the holiday realm, the underworld, the human world, and every other realm that ever existed.

"Balance is sick," Chaos almost sounded sympathetic.

And Greed, he grinned from ear to ear and tipped his hat. "And that's why we're choosing now to strike?"

"Of course! Why else would we be here, Greed?" This time the voice was shrill and childish.

Greed looked around for the source, but didn't notice Deceit until he heard a laugh coming from above him. He stared at a bright red heron and sneered. "Late to the meeting as always, ain't that right, doll?" The two weren't on the best of terms and Greed could have sworn that Deceit was out to get him, the girl was always hiding bugs in his pillows or besting him at poker.

"Shush!" The bird landed on Greed's hat and waved a wing at Chaos in greeting.

The white-haired man facepalmed. "Are you two done with your bickering?"

"Depends on whether or not deceit is going to shut the hell up..." Greed would have gone on and on, but Chaos' eyes shone a deep red and he zipped his mouth shut, he could hear deceit snickering to herself, but he focused his eyes on the portal and gave Aria and Pride a nod.

Chaos chuckled. "Yes, it is time for us to make our move and bring chaos to each and every realm." For years and years they had been oppressed by Balance and his laws, now, they had a chance to be free.

Holiday Realm:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Sunny! Sunneeeeeeeee! Sunny!" April Fools was standing on one of New Year's couches, he was in a pair of paint splattered socks and had a bit of cream on his flushed cheeks. "This is the best party you've ever thrown!" He did a little spin only to fall into a heap.

Alice snickered and elbowed Nina slightly in the ribs. "It looks like Ferris has had one cream puff too many." She then turned her attention to Sunny and gave him a thumbs up. "I actually agree with him for once, this party is one of the best you've ever thrown, Sunny."

New Year's Eve was practically drowning in compliments and soon he was as red as a tomato.

"SUNNY! SUNNY! SUNNY!"

Most of the holidays in the room began to cheer and a drunk All Soul's Day gave Sunny a very awkward hug. Sunny sputtered a few thank yous and whatnot and Alice could tell that the party was coming to an end because Christmas and Easter were sprawled out on the couch and a snoring Summer Solstice was bundled up in a sleeping bag beside the fireplace.

"Francis!" Alice popped up behind Friday the 13th and grinned. "I bet this was one party you didn't mind attending, huh?" She let out a low whistle and beamed. "Sunny even brought in a cake that looked like a giant spider, he really went all out." Halloween continued to chatter on excitedly while April fools had began dozing off on the carpet.

All Soul's day was slow dancing with a pillow and Independence day yelled something about a drinking contest. Alice's head snapped up and she grinned from ear to ear. "I'll take you on Tyree!" While some holidays were off in dream land, to the others, the night was still young.

Streamers were scattered around the room and music blared heartily throughout New Year's home.

The human realm:
    [​IMG]
    The clock struck midnight and fireworks lit up the sky. It was a night of celebration, but for the Grim Reaper, it was just another day of work. Actually, it was quite the busy day. There were accidents with fireworks and people driving drunk and getting into accidents.

New Year's Eve was troublesome.

Beep, beep, beep...

The pager on his belt was going crazy. Some man in china had leapt off a bridge, another guy in Mexico had gotten run over and some woman in Florida had choked on a piece of fruit cake. There were so many souls to guide into the afterlife—Coffyn Graves was tired. Immortal, but very tired.

He pulled up his hood and tore open a portal to China but as he did, he felt a shiver run down his spine.

Something felt odd. Something felt, wrong.

#1 Fox of Spades, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Chaos' Realm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Only mere seconds after Chaos spoke his words did a woman stride out from the portal, dragging behind her a male dressed in extravagant purple and white silks. He brushed himself and coughed before smirking almost foolishly towards the red-head, whose yellow eyes bore down on him as she released her grip from his ascot, with a flick of her wrist and a swish of nine orange tails, she moved towards their white haired leader.

"I found everyone's favorite Narcissist schmoozing his way into a nightclub in Germany," She explained, knowing that she was now also just as late to their meeting as was Pride, who let out a hearty chuckle before smugly gazing down at Chaos and his little pet.

"Ah, I prefer to think of it as... reconnaissance, dear Aria," He answered, with a wave of his hand and a bow as he leaned down, the weight of his cane being the only thing to support him as he did. Ray finally straightened up. "So... What exactly will we be doing, my dear friends?"

"I wonder why you bother to be our ally if you can't even keep up with our simple plan, Pride. Now I will reiterate for you - We are only breaking two of the World Links. Let the Keeper of Balance struggle and suffer with the possibility of a..." Aria paused before she smirked, her cherry red lips curving upwards as her eyes fell to Chaos. "...A chaotic epidemic..." She purred, before her expression quickly shifted back to her usual stoic glare. "Now. You three will keep watch and makes sure that me and Chaos do not get followed. Even you bickering buffoons can't mess this up after all - It is New Year's Eve so everyone is busy making sure the New Year Transition goes smoothly,"

"So we might as well go out a party instead of doing something completely useless--"

"It is not! It is a very important precaution - Little Harmony likes to patrol where Balance cannot... And she shows no mercy," Aria then turned, placing her hand on Chaos' shoulder, looking to him. "Now... Shall we, my friend?"

Holidays' Realm
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Francis couldn't help but chuckle somewhat as Alice reminded him of the effort that New Year's had gone to. Yeah, he had gone to a great length to make it so each individual holiday felt at home as they welcomed in the start of a brand New Year. Friday the 13th was even able to set aside his differences with his former love, Lilliana, or just Lillia for short. Also known as Valentine's Day. She had chosen not to converse with him, even after he politely tried to greet her, but instead of reverting to his unsociable self, he decided to let her be. It would never work between them, and besides, he had great friends. Only Alice got his sense of humour, and Nina was a gentle and kind soul whose cooking was to die for. And Ferris.

Oh where did he start with April Fools? He was loveable, but almost like a kid brother, always playing his colourful pranks on him and forever trying to cheer the Unlucky Personification up. He went towards the colourful spirit and brought him to the other side of the room, setting him on the only empty couch on the room. It was then a brunette that held a scent of freshly baked goods approached them, giggling as she laid down with the snoozing Ferris.

"Keep an eye on him, Nina. I'm going to make sure Alice doesn't drink too much," Francis asked, to which the brown eyed girl nodded, snuggling into Ferris with a soft sigh. Moving back into the party, Francis eyes fell on the clock as it struck midnight, and a woman with pink hair appeared, holding in one hand, a present, the other holding a beautiful birthday cake with plenty of candles. She made her way to New Year's with a bright smile, though her eyes were glazed over with a tired expression.

"H-Happy Birthday, Sunny! Sorry I'm so late, there was just so many birthday parties I had to visit... I hope you understand," The overworked girl rubbed her eyes after setting her gifts down on the table. She then grinned. "S-So, did I miss the most important party?"

Somewhere in the Human Realm

[​IMG]
    Laura drew in a soft sigh as she moved towards her dearest, and rubbed his freezing arm with her own icy hand. She tilted her head almost inquisitively so, as the man who was the embodiment of Death shivered upon cutting open the portal. The blonde took his hand and drifted closer to the portal with him, knowing there was no time on New Year's for them to stop. However, walking and talking was not a problem, and as they took their hastened steps through the opening to China, she finally spoke up to Coffyn Graves.

"Coffyn? Are you alright?" She asked, unable to hide the worry from her voice. "It's not like you to shiver... Is there something bad happening?" She continued to question, though she had to hold her tongue. The Assistant knew better than to irritate the tired reaper with a bombardment of her curious nature, and that it was sometimes easier to just leave it and ask Hades later. He was always more willing to explain the situation of the world above than Coffyn was.

Depths of Tartarus - House of Death

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"So, Celeste. I hear you're the daughter to Chronos? Well, when haven't I heard of it, my two sons don't ever stop talking about you! What does Old Father Time look like?" Nyx inquired, giving a slight chuckle as she stirred the glittering purple concoction within her wine glass, the sound of the fizzing bubbles hissing and spitting in the awkward silence. Celeste gave an awkward laugh as she smoothed out her black dress and tucked a loose curl of dark chocolate brown behind her ear, before giving a shrug.

"Well I can't exactly describe my father, he's just a mysterious person. M-Maybe one day people will see him, but dad likes his privacy so..." Celeste trailed off, as Hypnos coughed to interrupt, having just recovered from his mother's awkward comment. He took a sip from his glass before he looked to Nyx.

"Mother, she can't force her father to reveal himself," He quickly added, being far more abrasive and blunt than the brunette. She gave a nod in agreement, slowly moving away and back to her friend who invited her this evening - Thanatos. She approached him and gave him a glance before looking down.

"It was really nice of you to invite me to this New Year's party down at your parent's home, Thanatos, but your mother... She keeps... Inquiring into my personal life. Does she do this often?" She asked, Celeste's voice lowering to a whisper as she stayed by her friend's side. "I mean... I can cope, she just... She asks if we're dating, if we have dated in the past... I think she even hinted to try set me up with your brother," The brunette rolled her eyes and grinned. "I mean... You'd hate that more than I would. Talk about a match made in Hell. Or better yet, Tartarus. Hah..."​

• Love Love x 1
  3. Chaos' Realm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Nightclub in Germany, huh? Greed's head snapped up and soon he was grinning at Pride as if the man were a long lost brother. "Booze, babes—Gods, what I'd give to be in Germany. Not bad Pride, not bad at all. Man, I just realized how much I want a freaking drink."

Deceit had flown off his shoulder and had landed on Aria's head, she was laughing. "Greed, you always want things. Always."

The man shrugged, he was still grinning brightly. "Yeah? Well, now I want to go to a bar and get hammered."

Aria began to speak and Deceit and Greed quieted down. Chaos was used to their snarky quips and childish arguments, but the white-haired man took his plans very seriously, and while he looked nonchalant, Pride could see the annoyance creeping in. He was a little sore, being called to a meeting on New Year's Eve, but what could he do? This was Chaos and he was just Pride. He nodded his head half-heartedly then narrowed his eyes. "Got it. You and Chaos are going to do the important stuff while we keep the holidays and Greek losers off your backs."

Deceit flapped her wings cheerfully, "nawwww, Aria, why do you and Chaos get to do all the fun stuff? Can we at least mess with them?"

Greed's eyes lit up. "Yeah, give us permission to mess with them a little."

Chaos' eyebrow twitched in annoyance, this was why he brought Aria along and not them...they were family, but they were too much like children. "Do whatever you wish, just make sure no one, especially Balance finds us."

Deceit lifted a wing in a salute and Greed nodded his head, he was no longer grinning but he did have a confident smirk on his face. "Harmony, aye. Been awhile since I've seen the feisty lady, Greed likes~"

Chaos approached the portal and turned to face Aria. He gave her a smile then motioned for her to go on ahead. "It's time to make this dream a reality." And with that they walked into the pulsating lights and disappeared.

The portal closed behind them.

Holiday Realm:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Booyeah! Third glass and I ain't even tipshy yet!" Tyree slammed his hands on the table and laughed. He felt like he could drink until the sun came up, though he was red in the face and swaying ever so slightly.

Alice was laughing at him, she had four empty glasses in front of her and was red as a tomato. "Yeahhh right," Halloween jabbed a finger at Independence day and leaned into the table. "I feel-" her head lolled to the side but she snapped upright and laughed. "AS FIT AS A FIDDLE!" And before Tyree could do anything about it, Alice had downed another glass and another.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY!

Those who weren't asleep and sober enough began to sing and Tyree noticed a sleepy looking Layla. He leaped to his feet and waved energetically, unaware of how loud he was being. Despite his claims, he was anything but sober. "Layla! You made it! I was just showing Alice," he staggered to the side and nearly knocked over a lamp, "whosss boss, yeah." He blinked blearily then noticed the cake. "Sun Sun! You sly dog, you didn't say anything." And before New Year could do anything Tyree was giving him a bone-crushing hug. "Sun Sun," he was laughing loudly.

At one moment, Sunny had been reassuring Layla and thanking her for the cake, but soon enough he was struggling to hold a drunk Tyree back.

There were d'awwww and oh no's! And the room erupted into festive cheering and laughing once more.

The Human Realm:
    [​IMG]
    Coffyn found himself staring emptily at the portal. Something in the air made him uneasy, and not much could make the reaper flinch.

Laura placed a hand on his arm and he sighed, she was always a calming presence, but it wasn't enough. He felt it in his bones, something big was going to happen, but what that something was. Well, he didn't have a clue. "I'm fine, Laura." His pager began to beep wildly again, some man in Europe had gotten into a car crash and some woman in Madagascar had electrocuted herself. "It's nothing, I just felt an odd chill." He wanted to say more but stopped himself. It was probably just the chilly December wind.

He tried to convince himself, but Death was certain that it was something much bigger. Coffyn placed a hand on Laura's shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze. "Come along now, if we finish early..." he tried to sound too uninterested. "We can celebrate with Disruption and Joker." Coffyn took a step into the portal and soon as Laura followed, the portal vanished into thin air.

Depths of Tartarus - House of Death:
    [​IMG]
    Thanathos wanted to disappear. If he had known his mother was planning to interrogate Celeste, he would have never allowed her to step foot inside his home. She always did this to all the people he invited over. Tonight, he had asked her to just act normal. And what did she do? She amped up the weird stalker-ish questions.

Thanathos jabbed his fork into the mash potatoes and lowered his head. He had wanted to go to one of Zeus' parties, but his mom instead they have a nice dinner at home instead. He asked if he could invite Celeste and his mom didn't object, but now he wished she had.

Celeste began asking about his mom and he sighed. "Yeah, interrogating people is her thing." He lowered his voice into a whisper a grinned. "We should have gone to Zeus' party instead, huh? Sorry for bringing you here..." he eyed Hypnos. "He isn't exactly the life of the party either." And the rest of his siblings. Ha, they weren't very fun either. Then Celeste started talking about dating and he snorted. "You and Hypnos, ha you'd be match made in heaven. Anyways, Celeste," it didn't seem like anyone was paying attention to them so he grinned deviously. "Whaddya say we ditch this sleepfest and head on down to Zeus' place? They won't even notice we're gone, and if they do," he shrugged, "Well, I don't give a damn."​

#3 Fox of Spades, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    • Love Love x 1
  4. World between Dimensions - Labyrinth

[​IMG]
    As the portal closed and the blinding lights faded, Aria continued walking down the dusty stone hallway, holding out her hand to light the way. A pure blue glow hovered above her palm and it illuminated the hallway for herself, as well as her ally. She looked to Chaos, keeping her pace brisk but slowing down to simply savor the moment. They had known each other for a while now. To hazard a guess, Aria would guess at least half a year. She let out a sigh, her yellow irises focusing on the space in front of her, as the need to remain aware of your surroundings was fundamental to survival within the labyrinth.

"I have faith in those three despite their childish attitude," Aria broke the silence as they went through the many twists and turns to the gateway to Olympia, realm of the Greek Gods. It was quite a walk, but with their quickened steps and with a bit of luck, they would be there within the hour. "...You four are like a little family," She commented, laughing a little as her ears perked up. "They act like siblings who can't agree on anything. Deceit is the little sister who always torments her older brothers with tricks and well... Greed and Pride might as well be twins. They both love being cocky, overconfident and getting the things they want," She then grinned, looking to Chaos. "I guess this makes you the dad who has to sigh, shake his head at the children but still protect them no matter what,"

Holidays' Realm
    [​IMG]

"A-Ah careful!" Layla was quick to put her hand by the lamp just in case the fragile piece of glass fell over completely. Thankfully, it didn't, and she gave her friend a smile. Independence Day was always trying to be her friend and help her in anyway he could. It was nice to see him be so upbeat and overly helpful, but at times it was simply exhausting. Wake up, open door, there he was - Ready to help. She didn't deny the fact she needed help, but she didn't want to ask for it. Layla, if anything, never wanted to be seen as weak, or incapable. Everyone else put their own magic spark into their holiday, so she should be able to do it alone.

Snapping out of it, Layla looked up to Tyree, who was now practically squashing poor Sunny with a vice like grip. Managing to separate the two, she put an arm around Independence to keep him standing upright and gave him a tired smile. "C'mon, Tyree. We need get you to bed now. You're looking pretty rough," She whispered, her tone of voice soft and caring. She was sure there would be a spare bed somewhere to lie Tyree down. Layla managed to bring Tyree with her up the stairs, doing her best to be careful so he wouldn't fall.

"So... How many glasses of alcohol did you say you had again?"

The Human Realm
    [​IMG]
    "But..." Laura stopped herself, sensing the conversation was over. Clearly, Death did not want to talk about it, and after year of being his assistant, as well as the closest person to him. But it hurt, knowing he would not open up. She shook her head, pushing such thoughts away. She just needed to relax, and wait till they returned home. She would sneak out tomorrow and go see Hades right away.

"You're right. We should hurry up and then well..." She grinned and wrapped her arms around his, leaning on Death as walked through the Portal. They soon appeared in China, arm in arm where her head rested on his forearm. "Well, once your done, how about we go watch the Fireworks in a country that hasn't passed Midnight yet? Just you and me..." She gave a softer smile, her red eyes meeting his. "It's just... Been so long since we spent time, just you and me. I'd love to have some alone time," Laura gave her request, though her cheeks tinted pink. "...Please, Death? That would just be perfect,"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Celeste snorted at the thought. Her with Hypnos? She stuck out her tongue in disgust as Thanatos said they could be a match made in heaven and she made a quiet sound of gagging. However, she straightened up as she heard Nyx clear her throat, and the brunette's cheeks burned a furious crimson.

"Surely the food does not taste that bad, Celeste? Unless food of Tartarus does not suit a mighty Half Olympian's Palette," Nyx commented, snarkily bringing up Celeste's status as a half human. Her green eyes stared down at the food and she shook her head, beginning to eat. When she was sure that Thanatos' mother had stopped staring her down, she glanced to her friend and glared.

"Me and Hypnos? Never in a million years, Thanatos. Now I'm no snob, but I don't think I'm exactly the right type for Hypnos, and he is clearly not the right type for me," She whispered, giving him an answer as she glanced to Hypnos before back to Thanatos. She went back to eating, until her ears picked up on his question. Another party huh? Well Zeus did give some kicking parties, and at least there she could maybe have a drink without being judged.

"Sure. Your mother's stalker-ish gazes are beginning to freak me out more than I thought was possible," She muttered, but before she could move on to ask how they would get out, she heard a voice.

"Mummy, Thanatos and Celeste are planning on running away to Zeus' party together. The young lovers don't have enough time to spend with their dearest family," Hypnos whined, faking his best simpering and snively voice.

"We are not dating, Hypnos!" Celeste growled, her emerald eyes hardening into a fierce glare.

"But Thanatos brought you here as his date, which sounds like a date," Hypnos responded, giving a small smirk before he returned back to his whining. "Mummy, don't let those two leave the party. It would be cruel and unfair for the family gathering to be broken by two selfish teenagers..."​

• Love Love x 1
  5. World Between Dimensions - Labyrinth:

[​IMG]

A family? Chaos laughed. "Perhaps you're right, Aria, those three are children." He didn't respond to the dad comment and didn't say anything more about their makeshift family. Those three were constantly getting on his nerves, but his friend was right, he'd look out for them and make sure Balance couldn't get his hands on any of them. "It's exhilarating, isn't it? Being this close to achieving our plans."

The irritated look he had given the trio was gone and now, he had on an ecstatic grin. "It's just like we planned." Chaos thought of that night half a year ago. Balance had recaptured him and he had escaped, he had run into Aria in this Labyrinth and ever since then, she had become a part of their dysfunctional and infuriating little family. "You know, Aria. If Deceit is the little sister and Pride and Greed the ever quarreling twins, then you..." he spent a few moments in thought, "you're the older sister, you should see their faces when you scold them." A ringing laugh filled the labyrinth as Chaos followed swiftly behind her. Tomorrow, everything would change and they would come out on top.

Holiday Realm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"But Layla, it's New Year's Eve!" He was slurring a little and swaying around from side to side, it looked like Tyree would fall flat on his face at any moment, but despite that, Independence day was steal beaming.

Sunny was catching his breath and laughing along with most of the holidays, it had definitely been an eventful night.

Tyree would have joined in on the laughter (even though he had no idea what they were laughing about) if Layla hadn't started wheeling him away. "I still have to beat Alice!" He whined and out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Halloween, red in face and smirking triumphantly.

"I win, Ty!" Alice raised a glass into the air and he puffed out his chest in pride, but Layla kept ushering him upstairs and he was too drunk to successfully turn around and leap back into the swing of things. "Oh...I think I had—" he spaced out for a minute, "four, yeaaahhh." Tyree was beaming and at one point had almost fallen over. "FOUR! FOUR!" He sang and as soon as Layla had led him to a room, he crashed and fell asleep."

And another holiday had passed out for the night.

The Human Realm:

[​IMG]

"Of course, Laura." He tried not to sound worried and gave her a rare smile. "We can watch the fireworks after all this is done. I think we deserve the break," Death was chuckling now. "Joker and Disruption can have dinner by themselves without burning the house down..." he paused to consider this and wince, "I think they'll be able to handle themselves for a little while, and if they get upset, we can simply tell them we had to work overtime." Funny how only a little over a year had past. Really, it felt like centuries since he had run into Laura and the holidays.

"Maybe we can even get some ice cream," what was an hour of time to themselves? After all, He had an eternity to collect souls.

His pager began beeping like mad and Coffyn noticed a soft faint glow by the bottom of a bridge—the man's soul. Death nodded his head in it's direction and motioned for it to come towards them. "We're going to take you to the afterlife now," he whispered as the soul drifted towards them. He tore open a portal for it and watched as it disappeared into flashing black-blue lights.

Depths of Tartarus - House of Death:

[​IMG]
    "Mom," Thanathos hissed, he couldn't believe this was happening. First she interrogated his best friend and now she was insulting Celeste too. The sooner they got to Zeus' place the better, if anything could help him get rid of the embarrassment, it would be a couple of Dionysus' drinks.

Celeste agreed to sneak out with him and he grinned. Finally, they could do something fun.

Thanathos prepared an excuse, but before he could say anything Hypnos began to ruin his fun again. Damn him, he could be such a suck up. "Firstly, Celeste is my best friend and bro, has been for years you suck up." He was glaring at his brother with so much hate. Why couldn't Hypnos just get off his back for once? "Secondly, if I had a date there is no way I'd bring her to see you because she'd probably dump me on the spot if she did." Thanathos grinned smugly at his brother. "Though next time I should keep in mind not to bring friends over either because every time I do this," he gestured around with his hands. "This happens. Anyways, whoopee, happy new year!"

He stood up from his seat and motioned for Celeste to follow. "We're leaving."​

• Love Love x 1
  6. World Between Dimensions - Labyrinth

[​IMG]
    "Nah... You've got it all wrong, Chaos. I'm definitely the mother," She smirked back at the white haired male. "They cringe in fear when I'm angry and scolding because they know I have the power to make their lives difficult. But at the same time, I know and they know that they can come to me about their problems and that I will do my best to make it all better," Aria gave a soft chuckle before she focused on the path ahead, and she caught her friends comment on how close they were to making their dream a reality. She nodded in agreement.

"Yes... We're going to finally get there, Chaos," Aria responded, her heart soaring at the thought. "The world we've envisioned is so close, and when it's here..." She smiled brightly and laughed gleefully. "Then we'll be free. Free to be who we want to be. We won't be oppressed anymore, Chaos..." Aria took his hand with her free one, smiling as she practically moved faster. She then stopped to a halt in front of the portal to Olympia. She turned to her friend, bringing the orb of light close to her with both her hands.

"Are you certain about this, Chaos? When we do this, there's no going back. Balance will try to kill us when we set our plan in motion,"

Holidays' Realm
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As Layla continued to drag the Independence Spirit up to the spare room. Groaning at his state, she fixed him up, laying him in a far more comfortable position, as well as leaving the room to grab a bucket. She left it by the bedside of Independence Day before she found her own eyes drooping, and she too, ended up passing out, landing with a thud onto the bedroom floor. The wooden boards were rough for a night's sleep, but as Layla blacked out, she couldn't find the energy to force herself to get up and get comfy on the bed.

Francis, meanwhile, approached his still drinking friend. He caught her wrist before she could slosh down another drink and with a soft chuckle, he started to lead the Halloween Spirit away. "C'mon, Alice. I think you've had enough alcohol for today. Besides. You won. I'm pretty sure Tyree is out for the count about now," He added with a slight smirk, pulling Alice out the room.

The Human Realm
    [​IMG]
    Nodding, Laura followed after Death in silence. Eagerly she talked with him on the best place for them to watch the fireworks show of the New Year. However, she noticed he was still pretty distant, though she made it a point not bring it up this time. With a smile, she cut open her own portal, the last soul flying in, and she took Death by the hand, leading him through the next opening she created.

"C'mon... Let's watch the show," She whispered quietly, before settling down on the roof top. She brought Coffyn to sit with her and she grinned. "Look, we made it in time. They're going to send the first one off in the next five minutes," She laughed before she leaned on him. "Try to relax, Coffyn...These fireworks look great!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As the family stared back in shock horror at the twins fighting, Nyx stood at the same time, pointing down as she glared daggers at her youngest child. "You will stay right here, young man!" She ordered, raising her voice ever so slightly. Even Hypnos' felt his eyes widen slightly in fear as his mother took a stand. Celeste shivered and debated on whether she really should stand, but eventually, she found herself doing so and following her best friend out the extravagant family manor. Once outside, she took a deep breath before sighing.

"I am glad to finally be out of there..." She mumbled, walking along and up the rocky path. "I don't think I'll be welcome at your house any more though..."​

• Love Love x 1
  7. World Between the Dimensions:

[​IMG]

"We're one chaotic family, aren't we?" Chaos grinned brightly. "I like that." He nodded his head then listened as Aria spoke about their plans and about how there would be no more turning back. They stopped in front of the portal hand in hand and Chaos laughed almost gleefully. "Of course I'm sure. It's who we are—the earthquakes, the typhoons, it's all a part of who we are. Balance, he can't change that."

Chaos thought of his time under Balance's wing. He had been so young back then, so starry-eyed and full of appreciation for what the older personification did. He looked up to Balance, he really did. In fact, there was a time when he wanted to be just like Balance, but it wasn't in his nature. Destruction, panic, pain, it was what he was created to be. It was what his companions were created to be as well.

"Screw that old man," Chaos shrugged and soon he was back to his old self, confident and always grinning. "We'll fight to the bitter end, and it's going to be a good show, whether we win or lose." He leaped into the portal, there were still other realms to visit and other realities to destroy.

It was a long night. After sneaking into the portal to Olympus, Chaos and Aria entered the holiday realm and then finally the human realm. The worlds began bleeding into each other and it filled him with a sense of triumph. Soon, there would be complete and utter chaos.

The Human Realm:

[​IMG]

It felt good to just be Coffyn Graves and not the Grim Reaper, even if only for a little while.

Laura talked excitedly about the fireworks and he laughed at her enthusiasm. "It looks like you've found us the best seats in the house." He stared at the city lights below. Everyone was gushing excitedly and the city was booming with life. There was a countdown before fireworks shot out into the air and exploded into bright bursts of lights, colors, and sounds. People broke into cheers and Coffyn stared at all the hustle and bustle that the city had to offer. He paused to drape his cloak over his assistant's shoulders. "Happy 2015, Laura."

On the Road to Olympus:

[​IMG]

"Y'know, Celeste?" Thanathos was grinning cheekily. "You not being welcome is actually a pretty good thing, though I don't think I'm gonna be welcome either." The young man sighed, "oh well, I could always crash at Ares' place. Anyways, Gods that was a nightmare of a New Year's dinner." He walked along and fished a cigarette from one of his pockets. "Hey, thanks for showing up. It made things a little more tolerable, y'know?"

• Love Love x 1
  8. The Human Realm

[​IMG]
    Reverting back to her more human form, Laura smiled as she sat down with Coffyn, happy to see him also do the same. As they watched the hustle and bustle of life, and the fireworks explode up into the sky in a dazzling array of colours, Laura blushed as Coffyn draped his cloak around her, moving in closer to greet her a happy new year.

"Happy 2015, Coffyn," She whispered, leaning up and kissing him gently on his frozen cheek. "To the new year, and to the ones in the future," She added, as she reached out and softly tucked a loose strand of Coffyn's hair behind his ear. "Heh... It's been so long since we've been alone like this... I miss it," She commented, giving a saddened smile. "...I know it's difficult, but maybe this year, we can put some more time aside for just... things like this. I love you, Coffyn, and I'd hate it if we grew distant because of work,"

On the Road to Olympus
    [​IMG]
    "Hah, there's no way Ares will let you in after you've been drinking. You'll stay at mine. I can sneak you upstairs. We've done that several times in the past so we'll be fine," Celeste smirked, as they finally arrived in Olympus. "Man, you're a bad influence on me, Thanatos," She added, laughing somewhat as they continued down the quiet streets. Everyone had already made it to Zeus' party before them. Celeste then grinned and started running ahead.

"Last one to Zeus' party is a slow poke!" She called, still running off ahead.

The Human Realm United Kingdom - Essex
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time - 8:09 AM
    "Last one, Chaos," Aria muttered, as they stood at the top of a rooftop within the human realm. She stroked out to the glowing tethers of the human world. This was it. This was the last one. Their previous actions had caused the Holiday World and Olympus to bleed slightly into this world, but when they severed this link, they would crash together. She looked to Chaos and grinned as she formed her Orb of Energy into her palm. "On your command, Chaos,"

Meanwhile, a very tired looking blonde male was walking through the city, clutching to his coffee. It had been a long night, as his work was extremely time consuming and needy. He yawned as he made his way, before his eyes darted upwards, where he saw the young fox girl and white haired male. He stopped and took a sip of the sweet caffeine to wake himself up somewhat, making sure that his eyes were not playing tricks on him.

"Huh...?" He mumbled. So they weren't. However, he quickly went from half awake to in fear as he saw the woman fire out a line of energy, sending a shockwave through the City. He too, was blown away by the very force of it, like most people and winced as he stood up. Already, other people were screaming and going into a panic and he quickly raised his badge.

"Everyone, calm down! Just stay back!" He yelled, pushing people away from where the blast had radiated. People were desperate to see the crater that had been made out of nothing, but the blonde knew better than to let him. His job entailed stopping people wander into scenes of unnatural and paranormal activity, and if that girl had made that shockwave, it was better to not let them know. Eventually, as the people finally calmed down and his colleagues arrived, he stepped down into the crater whilst his fellow officers kept other people from coming closer.

Crater Blast Site - Where Worlds Collide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As the blonde dropped into the crater, he didn't expect to see what he saw. Around him, lay the bodies of people he knew, people he recognised from when they first met one year ago. He took a few steps forward, before he came to a halt. They were waking, which meant they weren't dead. He let out a sigh of relief

Nina was the first to come to, groggily coming to a stand. Where was she? Where was Ferris? She looked around frantically, now understanding they weren't home. She saw her friends also waking, and whilst she was worried for them too, she had to find Ferris first. He would be panicking more than her, if he was awake that is. Eventually, she found the spirit of April's Fools and knelt by him, shaking his shoulder.

"Ferris? Ferris, wake up!"

Francis groaned as he sat up. His head was killing him. He noticed Alice next to him, and raised an eyebrow. He didn't remember sleeping next to Alice last night. The Unlucky spirit's gaze fell to the ground. Dirt? He didn't recall sleeping outside either. He took a moment to try jog his memory, but he ended up not needing to. Upon looking around, he saw they were further into the ground. A crater of some sorts? It was then he looked up and saw a blonde, a human that he recognised.

"...Roland?"

Lillia and Layla were next to wake. The white haired spirit of Valentines growled in frustration, trying to wipe down the dirt off her white dress. She cursed under her breath, whilst Layla stood up. The pinkette rubbed her eyes before her eyes widened, standing up abruptly.

"No! Where am I? I'm late for work!" She cried before trying to cast her magic. She found herself unable to cast a portal and she began to shake. "No... No... No..." She whimpered. What was going on? She couldn't travel! People's birthdays would be ruined!

On the other side were two others, a purple haired woman and a dark haired male. Nyx was busy fretting over her sons, worried for Hypnos, yes, but also for Thanatos. He was not with her, and she had to hope she could find him. Hypnos meanwhile was inspecting the crater around them. What could of caused this?

Celeste woke up next to her father, her head splitting. She winced, rubbing her head somewhat before she found her father, a green haired male with a stern expression was knelt by her side, helping her sit up. "Celeste? Are you alright...?" He muttered, bringing her to stand as she wobbled. She gave a nod but groaned as she continued to rub her forehead.

"I...I guess," She whispered, clutching to her head and regretting her choice to drink herself to sleep last night. "Where are we...?"​

• Love Love x 1
  9. The Human Realm:

[​IMG]

"To the new year," Coffyn paled when Laura kissed him on the cheek, he missed the little things, everyday things like this, but there really wasn't enough time. There would never be enough time, but he liked seeing her happy so Coffyn nodded his head. "I won't make any promises, but I'll do my best...I love you too." The words felt strange in his own mouth and Coffyn would have reached for her hand if not for his pager.

The device that was strapped to his belt began to screech wildly. Something was wrong...

The grim reaper's phone began to ring and when he placed it to his ear, Balance began screaming about something horrible, about Chaos and about how the realms had begun bleeding into one another. The grim reaper felt another headache coming and scowled.

[​IMG]

"Laura, I need you to find Desruption and Joker then head to Hades' place." Coffyn was now in his reaper form. "Chaos is prancing around the human realm. The holidays have gotten themselves involved again and so have those Greek party animals." He wasn't very fond of either of them, the former could be so troublesome and the latter...they destroyed his library once and when it came to his books, the Grim Reaper held grudges. "I'm going to find them. I'll see you later."

The Human Realm United Kingdom - Essex:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ferris? Ferris, wake up!

April Fools jolted upright and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. Man, this couch was really uncomfortable. "Huh? Where are we?" He blinked blearily then noticed Nina and grinned. "Haha, you got me! This is pretty good...wait, wait, Roland?" Ferris leaped to his feet and that was when he began to notice the Greek entities and frightened people. This was no practical joke. They had returned to the human realm.

"Oh, Roland!" Ferris was beyond confused, but he found it within himself to wave excitedly. "It's nice to see you again!" And then he noticed birthday was shivering and spun around in a panic. "H-Hey, Layla? Everyone?" Ferris' blue eyes were filled with concern. "Everyone is okay, right?" And where were Sunny and the others? Why had only a few of them been transported. It was all so confusing.

"We're fine..." Thanathos was arching an eyebrow at the holidays. "But Celeste and I would like to know what the hell we're doing here." He shot a pointed glare in Roland's direction and groaned, he would have unleashed a flurry of curses but he was suddenly aware of his family's presence and Celeste's father was there too so he instead, he folded his arms across his chest and began to grumble angrily.

Alice and Tyree were the next to awaken but both were nursing such horrid hangovers, that the only thing they could really go was groan like zombies. Tyree just flopped down into the soil and Alice shielded her eyes from the light and tried not to puke. "Jack O'lantern?" Halloween stared at the human blearily and cursed. "What are we doing here?"

• Love Love x 1
  10. The Underworld

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Wait!" Laura hurriedly followed after him as they headed through a portal back to their home world - The underworld, more precisely. She blinked as she heard the sounds of party poppers and a cheer from two males who approached them with wide grins on their faces.

"Happy New Year! We thought you'd never come back!" Chimed the blue haired male, who approached Laura on one side. The other male, a shorter, blonde male approached Coffyn's side and grinned. Laura was the one to break the silence, her red eyes lingering on the reaper for a second before she addressed the other two.

"Joker. Disruption. We have to go see Hades. Balance needs to see Grim about Chaos..." Laura answered. She didn't have much knowledge of what was going on, but a being called Chaos would never be a good sign. She ushered the two with her and out the door, only glancing back once at Coffyn. She didn't have any other words to say, as she already knew what would happen - There would be something bad happening and once again, she wouldn't be told so she couldn't help. She focused on getting to Tartarus - Hopefully she could get answers.

Tartarus - The Greek Underworld
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As the three entered the realm of Tartarus, Hades was pacing back and forth, looking worried for some reason or another. His assistant, Ash, remained sat with Ember, the two blissfully unaware of what was happening. Finally, their blonde ruler sat down and sighed in relief.

"They're here, thank goodness," With a wave of his hand, he summoned forth his visitors, and chuckled as Laura, Disruption and Joker landed in front of them, the three having been caught off guard by his teleportation magic. "Forgive me, I just noticed you were rather... lost," He smirked before gesturing. "Take a seat. We've been waiting for you to begin the discussion,"

Nodding, the three sat down, Laura taking a seat upon a jagged boulder, whilst Disruption and Joker sat next to both Ash and Ember. They gave a polite nod to the two, and Ash grinned in response, before Hades cleared his throat and stood, finally ready to speak up.

"Now... We've gathered here today to talk about... Balance," He started. "Yes, I know we always talk about the old geezer, but bear with me. A spirit known as Chaos escaped the underworld and into the World between Dimensions - That was six months ago. And now, he's finally striking," Hades paused, and clicked his tongue. "Of course, Balance and Coffyn are discussing what to do about this without involving us..."

"Question!" Ash raised his hand into the air and then lowered it once the God looked to him. "What exactly is Chaos doing?" He asked, tilting his head.

"Good Question. Balance informed me that Chaos has cut the tethers between Olympus, the Holiday Realm and one of the many human world tethers. And...That tether was in the same place that Laura used to live in. Essex," Hades closed his eyes, as the girl finally spoke.

"So that's why Coffyn didn't tell me everything!" Laura clenched her fist and bit her lip. "We... We have to do something about it!"

"Agreed," Joker muttered, looking away.

"Yes. That's why I'm sending Ash and Ember to go there and evaluate the damage--" Hades found himself being cut off as Laura dropped down from where she was perched.

"I'm going too. I don't care what you say, but I have to! My family lives there, what if they get hurt?" Laura seemed adamant about going and Ash smiled.

"I'm okay with that. I'm sure you are too, right Ember?" The black haired male turned to his companion, a shorter blonde woman who had said nothing up until that point. Meanwhile, Joker and Disruption were nervous about this plan. If Laura ran off, they would have to cover for her, otherwise who knew what would happen to them...? They knew Coffyn cared greatly for Laura and her going to the human world to look into this would be on his list of things the reaper didn't want to happen.

The Human Realm, United Kingdom - Essex
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Layla fell to her knees and became a shivering wreck. No, this wasn't happening! She was going to fail! Fail more than she ever had done before. Roland sighed and moved over to the Pink-Haired Holiday who he had never seen before and put an arm around her, helping her up. "C'mon. You all have to follow me," Roland ordered as he started to lead the way around the back. "I'm going to sneak you out before the others get here,"

"Others?" Nina asked, helping Ferris up as she stood up. "Other what? Friends?" She questioned, tilting her head, though she doubted her suggestion was right. Roland seemed serious.

"Other humans. I work as a Paranormal Investigator right now and well... If they find you, you could be in big trouble. They won't let you be free," He answered. "So follow me... I guess we'll go to my house for a while,"

Francis went over to Alice and helped up the hungover spirit, nodding and following after Roland. The Unlucky Spirit gestured for Nina to follow suit, and she nodded, walking with Ferris after Roland. Friday wasn't willing to be caught if it ran the risk of revealing their kind to humans. He could only imagine just what chaos that would bring to the human world, and how ill that would make Balance. The Grim Reaper would have all their heads! Or at least he'd just shove them in The Box...

The Greek Gods stood in confusion, but the first to speak was Chronos, who stood, bringing his daughter to stand with him. He walked with her, following after Roland without a word to Thanatos or his family. Nyx watched the green haired male and smirked somewhat.

"Why, who knew Celeste came from the strong silent type..."

"Mum!" Hypnos growled, shaking his head. "You're already married, stop staring at him!" He then gestured to Thanatos. "Remember that Thanatos is dating that man's daughter!"

"Ah right, yes, I forget that Thanatos has his little best girl who is just a friend and totally not a girlfriend," Nyx rolled her eyes as she continued to tease her son, walking with them both after Roland. "Besides, you brought her to meet the family. The whole family!"​

#10 Xyvian, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tartarus - The Greek Underworld

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "It's just like the grim reaper to try and keep things quiet, isn't it?" Persephone let out a soft chuckle then nodded in her husband's direction. "We should allow Laura to accompany them. It is her home town." Now, the greek goddess was staring at Ash and Ember. "As long as you two keep an eye on her and keep yourselves out of trouble, things should be alright, but I'm not sure if Joker or Disruption should tag along...Balance isn't feeling very well and I don't want to make his condition any worse." The old man wasn't exactly loved, but he was the oldest and most powerful personification and without him, the worlds could not exist. Balance simply did what he had to do.

Ember hadn't said much, she was always quiet, and more so in the company of others. However, when Ash called her she looked at him and nodded her head. "Yes. It's fine." And that was all she had said.

Persephone just smiled. "Ember is a little on the quiet side, but I'm sure Ash will be happy to keep things lively." Persophone liked the spirits, they were very different, but both helped make Tartarus what it was and both she and Hades appreciated their help.

"Well now," the greek goddess got to her feet and dusted off her dress. "Let's send you off, no use wasting any time." She flashed Hades a smile then snapped her fingers. As soon as she did so, a red portal tore open.

Ember nodded her head and made her way towards the pulsating lights. "Ash. Laura. Come."

The Human Realm:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ferris made a face, the thought of being captured didn't sit well with him and Alice had shown him enough horror movies about mad scientists and aliens for him to know where this was going. If they got captured, there was a chance they would be dissected! He stopped himself from shuddering and grabbed onto Nina's hand. "Don't worry," he puffed up his chest and gave Tyree, Layla and the greek gods a smile. "Roland's house is pretty nice. Alice, Francis, Nina and I stayed for two weeks once." He beamed at the memory. "It's not so bad here. As long as we don't mess up."

Alice held a hand to her throbbing head. Accepting Independence day's challenge wasn't the smartest thing she had ever done. "Yeah, but if we do mess up. The reaper will probably come and throw us in his box."

Ferris laughed awkwardly. "We're not going to cause any trouble, Alice."

Thanathos didn't make any promises, he simply trailed behind Celeste and Chronos while remaining ahead of his mother and brother. He looked absolutely pissed and he clamped his teeth down on his cigarette. They were talking about him, but screw them. He'd just give them the cold shoulder, especially that sniveling Hypnos.​
    Tyree's head was pounding, but he managed to keep up with Roland and Layla. "Don't worry, Layla." He mustered up a smile. "Things will go back to normal soon, Balance is tough. Crazy mean and tough and you...Roland, right? Thanks for helping us out. Man, I didn't know Ferris had any humans friends. Never pegged the guy for a trouble maker - ow ow ow." He brought a hand to his forehead and quieted down.

Alice chuckled though her own hangover quieted her down too. "Yeah," she sounded tired. "Jack O'Lantern's a friend of ours. We're rebels." ​

• Love Love x 1
  12. Tartarus - The Greek Underworld

[​IMG]
    Hades gave a wave as he watched both his servants and Laura leave. He chuckled before his eyes drifted to Joker and Disruption, a smirk on his face as he gave a dismissive wave. "The both of you should go on back home. And if you're going to lie to the Reaper like always, at least make it somewhat believable?" Hades asked as the two nodded and left without another word. He sighed as he leaned back in his chair and frowned.

"What a big mess... I'm glad that most of Tartarus has gone unaffected but we're not out of the woods just yet," He mused as he gave a glance to Persephone. "We just have to keep things on track, for Balance's sake. Who knows what will happen otherwise..."

The Underworld - Grim Reaper's Home
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Perhaps we should just tell him the truth, Disruption..." The blue haired male groaned as Disruption paced back and forth in front of the fireplace. "Y'know, he's already going to be in a bad mood as it is, so he will probably see through a bad lie," Joker insisted before Disruption turned around.

"But he'll just get mad at us and blame us for her running off," The blonde whined as he met the gaze of his friend before he finally got an idea. "Well we can cover for her as long as possible but when he finally realises that she's not here--"

"Which will be right away, he's not stupid..." Joker cut off Disruption, who gave a sharp glare to the red-eyed male before he continued.

"And when he realises she's not here, we'll tell the truth!"

"...You've lost me," His friend raised an eyebrow and gave an almost quizzical look. Disruption always made crazy lies and insane schemes of hiding the truth, but now he had truly baffled Joker.

"We tell him that Hades gave her permission to go to the human world! Because it's true! Then Hades can deal with an angry reaper, and not us," Disruption proudly explained his plan, puffing up his chest as he folded his arms and grinned at his friend, who just stared at him blankly.

"You're an idiot," Joker muttered, leaning back and sighing. As always, Disruption's schemes to get them out of trouble, were more troublesome than ever.

The Human Realm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As Roland sneaked them out of the crater and round the side of the building, the blonde sighed in relief as he turned to the group of Holidays and Greek Gods. "You'll have to give me a second to grab a van... It should hold you all in it," He replied before turning and going away. Nina shifted awkwardly as she knew better than to go out of hiding, and she chose to stay close to Ferris. As childish as he was, he was a source of comfort for her.

Nyx meanwhile, raised an eyebrow. "What's a Van?" She asked, her purple eyes filled with curiosity. "Is it a human thing? It's been centuries since I've been down here and everything has changed," She proclaimed as she gazed out onto the traffic and the giant buildings surrounding them. "I remember this place being a lot more homely... And dirty," She muttered in a disgusted tone. In truth, she didn't know what to think of the way the human realm had advanced.

It wasn't long after that Roland pulled up and reversed a van into the small alley the holidays were in. The blonde crawled over the driver's seat and into the back to push open the door, where he looked to the holidays and the gods.

"C'mon. You all need to climb in the back and take a seat. As soon as we're away from the crater and back at my house, you can all walk around freely. But I want answers," He added before crawling over back into the driver's seat. Francis made it a point to usher everyone in, to make sure no one would be left behind, and waited till the rest of the group was all in before taking a step in and shutting the door behind him. At that point, Roland started up the engine and drove at a slow pace - There was several people in the back of this van, and he didn't want to upset them with a bumpy road trip.
    Half an Hour Later
    Maplestead - Roland's Home

Having finally made it out of the bustling city, Roland parked the van outside the same familiar house with a sigh before he climbed out and opened up the back door.

"Sorry if it was a little bit of a rough trip. But we're here now, back in my home town, and at my house more specifically," He added with a smile before gesturing for them to leave the van. "It's still the same as always... There's still a few dents from when the holidays were last here too," He added with a chuckle, unlocking the door for them to enter. "Go on in, find a place to sit... We've got a lot to discuss,"​

• Love Love x 1
  13. The Greek Underworld:

[​IMG]

"Lying might not be the best option, the reaper looks tired enough as it is." Persephone smiled reassuringly at Joker and Disruption then gave the duo a weary wave. "It was nice of you two to drop by, come again, alright?" The smile remained on her face but as soon as they left through the portal, it grew stiff and she let out a sigh. "If things don't get remedied soon, chaos will happen. It's not so bad for us down in the underworld, but it'd be bad for everyone else." The greek goddess shook her head. "For everyone else's sake, I hope those three manage to figure things out."

The Human Realm:

[​IMG]
    A pulsing blue light appeared in an empty alleyway and soon enough Laura, Ash, and Ember were teleported from Tartarus to the human realm. Ember could hear the sounds of cars and chatter in the distance, she raised her hand and motioned for everyone to stay put.

They were in Laura's home town, but where in the city, Ember didn't know. Unlike Persephone and Hades, she and Ash had been to the human realm quite a number of times, but they never had any reason to be in Essex, at least, not until now. "Is this the place?" Ember looked at Laura questioningly, her expression as blank as an empty slate. She wasn't one for talking and more often than not always went straight to the point. The trio were human enough, so if they waltzed out of the alley, people probably wouldn't stare.

The blue glow subsided, but it a passing young man in a jacket noticed the flashing lights and poked his head into the alley. "Uh...everything okay in there? I saw lights and heard some sounds?" He arched an eyebrow, "er, just thought I'd check." Talk about awkward.

Roland's Home:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Wow, Jack O'Lanter, it looks just like two years ago." Alice poked her head in the door and made her way inside. "Takes you back doesn't it?"

Ferris beamed and nodded his head. "It does, we got paint and flour all over the place." A mischievous grin had lit up April Fool's face.

"Correction, Ferris." Alice gave his head a knock then swung an arm around Nina's shoulders. "You got paint everywhere and lover girl here got flour all over the place, though that was kind of your fault too. Francis and I were good holidays." She looked up at Roland and gave him a cheeky grin. "Isn't that right, Jack O'Lantern?"

Ferris made a face then stuck out his tongue. He was glad his friend was feeling well enough again, even if she was teasing him.

"Not bad," Thanatos was eyed the house then sighed. "Could use a bit more skulls, but it's not bad. So why do we have to stay here again?" He eyed the holidays and everyone else in the room. "We're supernatural entities, we can just tear open portals and return to our own worlds. I mean, we greek gods and goddesses can. You holidays are pretty much stuck until your rightful day or whatever." Thanatos shrugged. "Well, thanks for the help, but I think it's time we go?" He arched an eyebrow at Celeste and Hypnos. He had ignored his brother and mother for the duration of the trip, but really, the quicker they got out of the human realm the better for them and for Balance.

He snapped his fingers, but for some reason nothing happened. Thanatos began to curse.

"It looks like it isn't working," Independence day looked pissed. Thanatos wasn't exactly being pleasant.

"Thanks, captain obvious," the greek god snarled.

"No problem at all, admiral sarcasm."

Both boys were glaring at each other and the god of death smirked. "You really think you can take me, holiday?"

"I'm independence day!" Tyree was a kindhearted guy who liked to help people out, but Thanatos was being a ridiculous jerk and none of them needed this. "I'm not so easy to intimidate—" Thanatos grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and lifted the shorter holiday off his feet.​

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  14. The Greek Underworld

[​IMG]

"I agree with you, my darling," Hades stood and gave his wife a quick peck on the cheek, before he wrapped an arm around her waist with a gentle smile. "Now. I think it is high time that we go check in on Balance ourselves, don't you? See what he would want us to do to help remedy the situation from down here in the Underworld..." With a wave of his hand, the blonde opened up his own portal and smiled.

"Shall we then, my dear?" He asked, as he walked towards the rift he had opened. "Perhaps we'll learn more about our foes, as well as let Balance and the Reaper know that we've sent Ash, Ember and Laura up to the Human Realm to see what is going,"​

The Human Realm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As the man spoke up, Laura shook her head and gave a wave to the stranger. "No no. We're all fine, don't worry. My friend here," Laura nudged Ash who blinked and looked at the short woman. "He has a pretty noisy phone. But we didn't see any lights. Anyway, we uh... We should go,"

"Why do we need to go? We don't know where we're going," Ash said, glancing to the stranger then back down at Laura. "Isn't that right, Ember?" He then looked to the other blonde girl, waiting for agreement from his friend before he felt a pale hand cover his mouth.

"Oh Ash, you're so silly, have you forgotten already? We have to go to Ember's house to drop her off, remember?" She gave him a nudge and he blinked before nodding as she uncovered his mouth.

"Ah yes, of course!" Ash scratched the back of his head. "R-Right... W-Where is that again?"

Roland's House
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Oh c'mon now Alice. You were the one who attracted the Reaper's attention and ended up in the box in the first place," Roland chuckled at his old nickname. Jack O'Lantern. What a blast from the past. He was just about to comment on such a thing when he glanced over to Thanatos and Tyree, the holiday he had not really met yet, and the two of them arguing over something petty. He nearly would of brushed it off if it wasn't for the God of Death grabbing the blonde by the collar.

"Hey! Take it easy!" Francis was the first to react, walking closer though Nina grabbed him by the wrist and shook her head. Shrove Tuesday wasn't one for conflict and would rather Friday, the spirit of Unluckiness, did not get involved. She kept her hold on Ferris' hand with her other hand, knowing that he too hated it when people fought, especially when it was amongst themselves. Layla however, stepped forward and quickly pressed her hand towards Thanatos' chest, the pinkette sending him back with a blast of colour. He hit the cushioned couch with no pain and several pieces of rainbow confetti caught in his hair. The Birthday Spirit stood up straight and helped Tyree up before shooting a glare at Thanatos.

"Fighting won't solve anything! ... We all need to figure something out," She took a deep breath and sighed before sitting on the edge of the coffee table - There was barely any seats for them all. Meanwhile, Celeste had taken it upon herself and was sat down beside Thanatos, picking out the bright pieces of papers from his dark coloured hair whilst Hypnos sat on the arm of the chair. Chronos merely leaned against the wall, his gaze settling on Thanatos.

"She's right. Birthday Spirit, correct?" Chronos looked to Layla who gave a quick nod and he glanced back to Thanatos. "Well, Thanatos... If she is the Birthday Spirit, every day is her relevant day. If she can't get back, then why would we? We are not above them in anyway," He then turned and gave a glare to his daughter who slowly got up off the seat and moved away from Thanatos. She knew all too well that her father hated her friend's cocky overconfidence, and that he was clearly disapproving of her sitting beside him. The green haired male nodded once she moved away and sat down next to Thanatos. That way, if the Greek God were to act up again, he would do something.​

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Human Realm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A phone? He didn't buy it. "Um, yeah, okay." The stranger arched an eyebrow and gave them all an odd glance. He wasn't a people expert or anything, but they were definitely acting funny. Never in his life had he seen a phone shine so bright, the light that came from the alley—it was otherworldly, and if he were being honest with himself, the first thoughts that leaped into his head were of aliens and UFOs.

"Yes." Ember looked as emotionless as ever. "We don't know where to go."

Laura immediately clamped his mouth shut, but Ember had never been very good at noticing social cues.

For a couple of moments the stranger just stared, but after an awkward moment of silence, he started laughing. "Hey, if you're lost, it's nothing to be ashamed of. I could show you around." He smiled then stuck out a hand in greeting. "I'm Russell, it's a pleasure to meet you."

The trio began talking among themselves and Ember blinked slowly.

"Tartarus," she muttered a little absentmindedly. "I mean," the girl racked her mind for answers. "Um, Hades Street?"

Russell broke into a grin. "Wait, wait, wait, Tartarus? Hades?" He leaned in close, a goofy smile plastered to his face. "Are you guys book enthusiasts? I'm a freshman at Kingston College. I just moved in two months ago." He looked pretty pleased. "Literature major. By any chance, are you guys students there?" Russell wasn't the most outgoing person ever, he didn't know a lot of people yet, and if this was an opportunity to make new like minded friends, then he'd take it. Ember looked a little confused, but the boy didn't notice and he practically had stars in his eyes.

"Uh...yes?"

Roland's House:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Alice scoffed, "Grim was just being a grouch. Francis and I, we're definitely on our best behavior..." The next thing Alice knew, Thanatos was holding Tyree up by the collar of his shirt. "Hey, don't be a jerk!" Alice was just about to approach and Ferris looked ready to pull people apart too, but before April Fools or Halloween could do anything, Birthday stepped in and sent the God of Death reeling.

"Wow, birthday." Alice was grinning from ear to ear. "You're a lot tougher than you look."

Unlike Alice, Ferris looked more alarmed than elated. He gave Tyree a worried glance then flashed birthday a wobbly smile. "Ty, you okay?"

Independence day looked a little ruffled, but fine. "Yeah, I'm alright." He shot Thanatos a glare then focused on Layla. "Thanks, for the help." She was right, fighting would solve anything, they were all in the same boat. Sure, Thanatos was an irritating ass, but they'd have to team up if they want to go home. Tyree didn't like the God of Death, but he could do that. Well, he'd do his best.

Thanathos gave Celeste a quick nod as if to say thanks then began running his fingers through his hair. He didn't apologize. "Whatever, so what's the plan? Do we just sit here and wait for Balance and the reaper to save our sorry behinds."

Alice shrugged. "We can't do much and the plan is currently a work in progress, jerk."

Ferris widened his eyes and shook his head but Alice just scoffed. Thanatos thought he was better than the holidays, huh? Well Layla sure showed him. It must have been pretty embarrassing, losing to stream of colorful confetti.​

• Love Love x 1
  16. The Human Realm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Laura, what is he talking about?" Ash looked just about as confused as Ember as the male blabbed on about the College, Books, Students. Maybe if it were just him and Ember, he would of nodded and agreed, but they had Laura with them for a reason! She could make sense of this stranger where they could not, and he gave the once human girl a nudge to get her to speak. The red-eyed girl sighed and took Russell's still outstretched hand, giving it a light shake with her freezing cold hand.

"I'm Laura. These two are Ash and Ember. And... Uh... We just transferred to Kingston. You won't have seen us. I'm taking Literature. And..." Laura glanced back at Ash and Ember. "And those two are still undecided on their Major," She then turned her head back to look Russell in the eyes as she brought her hand back to her side. "Whilst it has been a pleasure... We aren't lost. I... I used to live around her, so I know where I'm going..."

"But Laura..." Ash looked down at her. "I don't know where I'm going..."

"..." The blonde shook her head in defeat. "Okay, have it your way. We'll get a tour courtesy of Russell," She said, raising her hands in defeat before she turned away. Ash then grinned and gave a cheerful jump for joy.

"Yay!" He then looked at Ember. "That's what I'm supposed to say, right? Right?"

Roland's House

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Plan... Well, we don't exactly have the faintest idea of what is happening, nor anywhere to start. It would be different if we could get in contact with someone like Grim or Balance. We could be better informed. But it seems we have no way to cross over from this world to any world," Roland sighed before he looked at the group. "There is definitely not enough room for all of you here. I'd estimate that I have space for the holidays but not the Greek Gods,"

"And where would you suggest we go?" Hypnos tilted his head, knowing this was a predicament. What with his brother picking fights and this human who had already befriended the holidays, it was obvious from the start they were going to be the ones getting the short end of the straw. He shifted somewhat to make himself comfortable as he watched Roland pace the room.

"Well... My Co-Workers will certainly raise questions if I ask you stay with one of them. Perhaps, if you're okay with it... My brother and my little sister will most certainly be fine with all of you staying with them for the time being," The blonde then turned to look at the others.

"I can use the next few days to see what my colleagues have discovered from the crater... If there's anything that seems to link back to why you can't use your magic to leave this realm, I'll just drive up with the holidays and we'll all talk about it,"​

#16 Xyvian, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    • Love Love x 1
  17. The Human Realm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Strange," Russell gave them a perplexed smile. "I'm a literature major too, and I've never seen you around before." He gave her a firm handshake. "You look a little young to be one of the upperclassmen." The boy arched an eyebrow then broke into a laugh and shrugged it off. "I guess I need to get out more. Hey, are you in my ancient lit class? Professor Abernathy is amazing." He gestured excitedly with his hands and laughed when Ash mentioned not knowing the way. The trio ended up accepting his offer and Russell nodded. "Cool. Yeah, that's cool."

Ash let out a childish cheer, but Ember thought it was the opposite of yay. Bringing a human along didn't sound like the smartest option, so to show her displeasure, she grabbed Ash by the collar of his shirt and yanked the taller boy down. Once his face was close to her, she grabbed him by the cheeks and gave them a hard pinch. Her eyebrows were furrowed in irritation. "This is all I have to say, Ash." For a long time, she didn't let go.

Russell winced then nodded in the city's direction. "So, where are you three headed?"

Roland's House:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tyree nodded. "That sounds like a pretty solid plan. Roland, yeah?" The holiday paused to give him a salute. "If we ever fight a battle together, I'll make sure you're in charge of all the strategies." It sounded kind of odd, but coming from Tyree, it was a pretty big compliment. "I'm sure Balance and Grim are already working overtime to sort things out, they're a stickler for rules, especially Balance. Knowing them, we'll get an update as soon as it's possible, so we just need to sit tight and wait things out." Independence day gave his fellow holidays a thumbs up.

Ferris let out a quick cheer then laughed. "Anyways, it's really good to see you again, Roland. High five?" Ferris was grinning brightly, Alice noticed the buzzer in his hand and soon Halloween was beaming too. It was just like old times. "Oh and greek gods," Ferris was still smiling. "Don't worry, Roland's family is really nice. His sister and I painted cats once."

"Cats?" Thanatos arched an eyebrow. Ferris just nodded and the god of death shrugged. "Uh, cool. I'm fine anywhere really. Heck, you could leave me at one of those motels I've heard so much about." He let out a snort, "just kidding."

• Love Love x 1
  18. The Human Realm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ash gave a goofy grin at Ember, though he grimaced as she pinched onto his cheeks with enough force to leave a red mark. When she finally let his face go, he rubbed at the space, muttering something about how she could learn to be a little gentler with the pinching. He then raised an eyebrow at Russell, going to speak before he remembered how annoyed Ember seemed and how Laura covered his mouth. He pouted and crossed his arms. Fine! If they didn't want him to speak, he would just wait. They'd be sorry eventually, or at least, that is what the sulky black-haired man thought.

"It doesn't matter anymore," Laura sighed and gave a shrug at Russell's question. "We are just looking for some people, old friends of ours, and whilst it's highly unlikely they are here, we've gotta at least try find them," She then gave the blonde a glance. "Y'know... Before classes get more difficult,"

As they continued walking with the human, she didn't know what to say. There wasn't any easy way out of this, especially now that he thought she was his classmate. Ditching him to just wander aimlessly wouldn't work out in their favor, especially if he was suspicious of them.

Roland's House

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "I don't have the money to spare to let you stay at some cheap motel. I pay rent, I pay utility bills and I pay for food. It's expensive enough as it is without having to fork out more money for five of you to stay somewhere like that," Roland explained before he went to his phone.

"I'll give them a ring to let them know to expect you. It won't be so bad. The place is pretty spacious. In fact, if you happened to find more of your other Greek God friends, then feel free to let them stay if they also can't get back home," Roland quickly then pressed the buttons to ring his family, stepping out of the house to talk with them.

"Isn't that great?" Celeste gave a smile as she looked back at Thanatos, her eyes shining. "The others have to be somewhere in this City. Since we couldn't get back, there's a good chance they can't either but at least we have somewhere to call home during this time away from Olympus,"

"Still... Something very serious has happened. I do hope the others are alright," Hypnos muttered, for once being more genuine than his usual snide self. Whilst he wasn't exactly involved with other gods, Hypnos was worried for their home. They were in the Depths of Tartarus, so if what ever phenomenon got to them, what if it got to Hades, and then the Underworld beyond there with the Reaper and Balance? If so, relying on Old Man Balance and the Personification of Death was going to be a problem.​

19. Human Realm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Um, okay, sure." Russell looked around. "If those friends of yours are uni students, I think I might know where to find them."

Ember arched an eyebrow, she kept a hand on Ash's cheek in case she needed to pinch him again.

"Yeah, there's this new cafe down town, Panda express. It's got some pretty fast wi-fi and mini library. A lot of students have been checking it out and writing there papers there. Steve and I went once, he wasn't too fond of the cutesy decor but he gosh, he fell in love with their coffee. It was love at first sip." Russell laughed at the memory. His roommate was a reserved guy, but that day Steve had up and declared his love for the Panda Express.

"Okay," Ember looked at Laura and Ash. "Please take us to them."

"That I can do." The blonde made his way out of the alley and began heading down one of the sidewalks. "So Ash and Ember, right? What courses are you two considering? Kingston has a lot of options."

Roland's House:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Alright, alright, fine." Thanatos dusted himself off. "Thanks for the help, human. I guess it's kind of like a vacation."

Ferris nodded. "Yeah, but hopefully it doesn't last two weeks this time."

Tyree agreed. The last time Alice, Francis, Ferris, and Nina had gone missing, everyone had worried. It was lucky none of them had any holiday duties during that time, but the entire holiday realm had started to panic after the first few days. "Hopefully the others are safe though, same goes for your friends. If a lot more of our friends slip through the cracks, then Balance is going to be in a very bad position."

Alice nodded gravely. "We can only hope your friends are safe in Tartarus and that ours are still in the holiday realm." Suddenly, even Ferris wore a serious expression on his usually cheerful face.

Thanatos sat himself down beside his brother. "Don't worry, if I know one thing about Balance and the reaper, it's that they always get the job done."

• Love Love x 1
  20. The Human Realm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Uhm, I don't..." Ash grew wary as he saw Laura looking at him from the other side of Russell, feeling all eyes on him. Ember still kept her disinterested, stoic gaze elsewhere, of course, but she kept her hand upon his cheek, ready to pinch should he mess up in what he said. He gave a nervous laugh as he scratched the back of his head. "W-Well... I don't really think I want to go to Kingston...But..." The black haired male gave a quick glance to Laura who continued to mouth something behind the human's back.

"But if I considered any major, it's between Maths and Science," He quickly finished, looking away as Laura gave a quiet sigh. She had hoped that Ash would have picked a different major, but she couldn't fault him for that. Perhaps, all he knew of the subjects in the Education system was the main three of English, Mathematics and Sciences.

"Enough about us," Laura made sure to speak up before Ember was forced to pick a major. They had finally arrived at the rather cutesy named 'Panda Express' and Laura had to raise an eyebrow. She too, like this stranger Steve, did not enjoy the decor.

"Look, why don't you tell us more about yourself...?" She suggested as she gave a subtle hand gesture for Ash and Ember to follow her into the cafe with Russell. She took a seat next to the stranger whilst Ash made sure to sit next to Ember on the opposite side to them.

Roland's House

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Still, be aware of what you do," Came the response from Nyx who had mostly been quietly listening for the most part. "I'm sure the holidays know all too well about upsetting the World Balance, but you three do not," She spoke in a strict tone as her eyes fell to Hypnos, Thanatos and Celeste, who were more like children in her eyes. "It may be like a vacation, but if the perfect line between Harmony and Chaos is thrown out of place, I'm sure Balance will send the Reaper after whomever has caused an imperfection in the World Order," She explained. Even Francis had to shudder as Nyx was right about that - The Reaper would come if they messed up.

And the consequences would be dire at that.

At that moment, Roland then walked back in the door. Celeste glanced towards the door and tilted her head at the blonde human as she waited for an answer, like all of them, and the human gave a smile.

"I spoke with my brother over the phone, and he's alright with you staying there. I... Explained the situation. It's lucky my family are strong believers in things like the holidays and other mythological personifications," Roland said, all the while looking at the Greek Gods. "I'll drive you there now so you can acquaint yourself with the place - It's a rather large house so it's easy to get lost," He explained before turning and opening the door. "You'll have to sit in the back of the van again though,"

"...I have a feeling we'll have to get used to that," Nyx gave a sigh as she walked out the door, with Chronos following after. Celeste gave a wave to the holidays before she went after her father, and Hypnos simply got up and left the house without a word as he went after his mother.

Unspecified Location - Balance's House
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A spirit of the purest joy wore a frown today, as she went to tend to her dearest master who was like her own father. She wiped what sweat was on his brow with a damp cool cloth before she went into the personal records of the events of the world - Every single little thing, from the mundane to the insane. Having found the files for both the Holiday Realm and Olympus, Harmony's eyes followed the pages through to where they ended.

"It doesn't make any sense... Both the Holiday World and Olympus have completely cut off. It's ended..." She mused as her gaze narrowed. Did their enemies perhaps destroy these worlds? No, that was impossible. They had already traced that some of the Holidays and a few Greek Gods had awakened in the human world.

"Unless someone has cut the ties between worlds... Yes, that's the only possible explanation. Those monsters," She hissed as she stacked the pages together and tucked them under her arm. She looked towards her dearest friend. "We should go to the meeting room now, Balance... I-If you can make it," She added. "I don't mind leading it in your place if you're not well enough to move... Perhaps some rest would make you feel better..." Harmony knew that Balance was sick. Very sick. When the Natural Order of World became abnormal, it would affect the oldest spirit alive to feeling tired, weak and if the scales were truly tipped to a level of imbalance, the spirit would always become unwell.

Meanwhile, Hades stepped out of the portal, one arm around Persephone as they materialised into the meeting room where they were to meet with Balance, his little Harmony and the Reaper. Whilst the little spirit of peace and goodwill to all mankind was not present with the old man, Hades saw that his dearest friend, Coffyn, was already in the room and waiting patiently as always. After giving his wife a quick kiss on the cheek, as well as unwrapping his arm from around her reluctantly, the God of Tartarus made his way towards the Grim Reaper.

"So... How long have you been here?" He asked, tilting his head.​

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.