When Worlds Collide

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Stop struggling." she said as she pulled on his hair a bit tighter and got caught a knot every now and then. When he finally stopped she let out a small sigh and started to pull his hair up into a high pony tail. "There." she said happily as she sat there. "You know I could of made it worse. I could of put them in pig tails. Or maybe even braid them." she said with a grin. "I dare you to keep it up like that all day. I bet you will be come even more popular with the girls."

With a laugh, Mai went to take her seat once again, leaning back in her seat before sitting up once again.

"Evil, devil, woman." He grumbled under his breath then started to fiddle with his hands with a slight blush. Though even time she pulled a knot he had to fight the urge to snarl and combust the desk in front of him in flames. Raku in all honestly was too happy about following the orders of another and wasn't too fond of people messing with his hair but he sat there with a pout as Mai continued. Once she was done and stood there, he looked up at her with a horrified looked, "You wouldn't.....wait....yes you would." He told her with a grin and stuck his tongue out at her. Popular with the girls, did he want to be like that? Maybe, it was a good way of finding him a possible girlfriend. "Fine, I'll keep it like this for now." He mumbled.

With an eye roll, he watched Mai as she walked over to her seat then sat down. "What about you? Are you popular with the guys in school?"

She looked over at him and rose an eyebrow when he asked if she was popular with the guys. It wasn't long that she had erupted into laughter, so much that she had tears welling in her eyes. "Me popular with the boys?" she said in between her breaths. "As if, besides I don't have much time for them at all. I have to study, that is my main concern right now. Boys can wait." she said happily as she sat there.

Did Raku ask her something funny? He didn't understand the reason why she was laughing so much but it did bring a smile to his face while he curiously watched her. "Yes, was it an odd question to ask?" He asked her as his eyes shone curiously then he titled his head to the side. "I'm surprised, I thought for certain you would be; especially after being seen in a maid outfit." He stated. Then the young devil slightly nodded his head in understanding. "Yes, studying is important but don't some famous authors say it's also good to take a break and do something for yourself? Like finding love or leaving a string of broken hearts behind?"

When he brought up the maid outfit she blushed brightly, her eyes going wide. Without thinking about it, she reached out and punched him in the shoulder. "Shut up!" she hissed as she sat there. "I don't want anyone else knowing about that, alright. It's embarrassing." she told him. Mai thought about what he had said, and slowly nodded her head a bit. "I suppose so. But I don't have time to worry about things like that. Believe it or not I have a full plate on my hands." she said leaning back in her chair.

"The rest of my life is depending on me to get these good grade and get into an even better school and get a really good job." she said softly.

When he saw Mai blushed he instantly broke out into a grin; she actually looked very ladylike and cute. "That's a new look, you look cute." He admitted a bit shyly as he referred to her blush before she proceeded to punch him. Raku rubbed his shoulder with an amused look then started laughing. "So...you don't want anyone to know about it huh?" He asked with an evil grin before continuing, "I don't see why, you did look good in it." He stated with a smirk. It looked like now he had a bargaining chip in his favor against the girl. Then he nodded while crossing his arms as the breeze from the window rippled through his new ponytail. "I see...I didn't know that; school and work must keep you busy." The young devil mused.

"I don't see why you should continue to work yourself to the bone, from what I've heard you're one of the smartest students in the school. Even the hardest worker should get a reward now again." Raku told her with a sweet smile.

"Because if more people know about it, then more students from the school will go there. And I don't want them to think I am this cute little thing all the time." she told him as she stood there. "And then think I will be the same way outside the school or make fun of me at the cafe and I couldn't do anything about it." she told him softly. "School and work does keep me busy, but that is good. It gives me less things to think about. Sometimes thinking can be a dangerous habit." she said softly.

"Not only that I do reward myself when I can. Like with those books you gave me." she said with a grin.

"Well, I guess you are correct about more people would be going. But...you being cute all the time? I doubt they'd even think that for a second." He told her teasingly. But to be honest, he probably wouldn't have told anyone any way; he wanted to milk this situation for as long as possible and have the upper hand. "Then I'd come to the café everyday and if someone messed with you I'd throw them out, no one is going to ruin my entertainment." Raku told her with an evil grin. "So, do I get anything for keeping this little secret?" He asked curiously first before replying to what she said next. "That is true, thinking can be bad for one's health and caused them to do irresponsible things." He told her while rubbing his chin.

"Good, if you continue to do well then maybe I'll let you read some more books that have been lost." He told her with a nod.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I can give you a 5% discount the next time you visit the cafe." she told him with a grin as she sat there. "And that is good at least you could do that, throw them out then." she said laughing as she sat there. "I would hate to see a demon pissed off, I have yet to see one really mad myself." she said with a shrug as she sat there. "And I would like to read some more of the lost books. They are pretty interesting." she said softly as she was just relaxing in her chair.

He cocked his head to the side as he pondered he offer then nodded. "Sure, I have a feeling I'll be going there quite often." He replied with a small smile as he leaned against his seat. "It wouldn't be free of course; I'd expect a free dessert for throwing some one out." He replied while laughing. "Uh...yeah you would. We demons don't get pissed very easily so it's pretty bad once we get mad." Raku stated with a small frown then stretched his arms. "When ever you get the urge for a new one just tell me an author's name and I'll see if I have any." The young demon replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.