When Worlds Collide

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a few minutes that Mai came back to his table and raised an eyebrow. "Still hungry?" she asked as she stood there. "I mean after that lunch you had and that omelet as well, just how big is your stomach?" she asked teasingly as she watched him. "No but really, what else would you like?" she asked tilting her head to the side and getting ready to write down what he wanted.

When he heard footsteps back over at his table, Raku looked up at Mai from his glasses. "It seems so." He replied then stretched. "I think Rosa and Charlotte has compared my stomach to that of a black hole or as Rosa states it. 'Too goddamn big for his own good.'" He told her with a smile. Then he picked up the menu, turned it toward her and pointed at the sundae. "This looks good, I'd like to have this. Though I'm confused about why this is a special offer." Raku told her then placed the menu back down on the table. Then he pulled off his glassed and stuck them back into his pocket before looking back over at Mai.

She looked at him and laughed nodding her head. "They might be onto something about it being too big." she said with a smile as she stood there. Looking to the sundae he pointed at, she tilted her head to the side. "I couldn't tell you." she told him honestly. "I have never had anyone order it before. But I can ask one of the girls if you want me to." she offered.

She really didn't know what the special offer was. She had been working there for at least a year, but she never had to deal with this before. "If you really want it, I can go ask another girl, or if you want something else we can do that too. The green tea ice cream is really good." she offered.

"Probably, knowing them. Though I'm the only one that has the stomach to eat what they call 'food'." He replied then dramatically shivered at the thought. Charlotte was an excellent cook, Rosa wasn't, and when those two cooked together the food was almost poisonous to humans. Then he nodded his head at what she said. "Alright, no that's fine; you don't have to." He replied with a smile.

It was peculiar how a simple sundae was on the menu and considered a 'special offer'. Maybe it was something only veterans employees knew about? But he didn't think much of it since Mai didn't know so he pushed it to the side. "No, that's fine I'll just have something else." He replied then tilted his head in curiosity. "Green tea ice cream? That sounds interesting, I'll go with that if you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all." she told him happily as she stood there. "I will be right back with your ice cream then." she said cheerfully. And with that she took off once again. It was about five minutes before she came back out again. She had a ice cream glass with her, with a cookie sticking on the side.

The ice cream looking as cute as they cafe was. "There you are." she said sitting it down in front of him, she then laid down a piece of paper on the table too, face down. "You can pay when ever you are ready. Please enjoy the ice cream." she told him as she started to walk off once again.

Raku nodded his head and smiled at her. "Take your time." He replied then turned his head to look out the window. "Earth is such an odd yet interesting place." The young devil whispered to himself as he watched people and cars go by. Maybe living here wasn't going to be bad after all; he made some 'friends' and met Mai who he had fun messing with. Then he heard someone approaching him so he turned back to look in that direction.

So this was ice cream, its texture looked neat and the way it was set up made him chuckle. It was based around the café and looked really good. "Thank you." He told her politely as Mai placed down the bowl along with a piece of paper. As she walked off, he grabbed a spoon with one hand and started to eat the ice cream with a grin while his other picked up the slip of paper and read it.

"You're welcome." she told him with a smile as she went back to work. The paper just had how much he owed the cafe, which was about $13.43 for everything he had ordered. Mai kept working and was enjoying her time. When she could she would chat with the other demon girl and it wasn't long before time wore on and on.

She worked until closing at the shop, and soon she was in the back, changing into her school uniform once again and grabbing her backpack behind the counter. Waving goodbye she started to head home once again. She was humming softly to herself, by this time it was late and dark out. There was still plenty of people walking about though. Some of them men offering girls to go to a host club, which she just ignored like always.

To him it was an surprising amount, with how amazing the food tasted he thought his bill would have been much higher. But that must have been just how the café was so he figured he'd pay with a twenty and have them keep the change. Once he was done eating the ice cream and the cookie, he let out a soft yawn as he glanced outside then grabbed his bag and stood up. He walked over to a cashier and handed them a twenty and when she went to give him the change he simply denied then wished her a good night before he left; around five minutes after Mai.

Once he was outside the café and down the stairs and stretched; the darkness was his element and he felt at home. Raku really didn't feel like going home so he simply turned in a random direction and started to walk, he wanted to see what other shops and places there were in his new home. If he got lost, he could just have his wings reappear and fly around until he saw something familiar. "This atmosphere feels different compared to when it's daylight." He said softly as he slung his schoolbag over his shoulder with a grin.

The night life sure was lot busier then what it was during the day. He would see people come out dressed in strange fashions. Their hair one or multicolor. Some people would try and stop him and tell him be host clubs or hostess club, which should of only been given to older people.

Mai was walking father and father down the streets, and soon she was walking on the wrong side of the tracks. Though she didn't seem bothered by it too much. It was home to her, and that's what mattered for now. She was making her way home, and once she was outside her door, she reached in her pocket to get her keys out to unlock her door. Still keeping a soft hum to herself.

Raku wasn't sure what to think of some of the people he saw while walking. Their fashion was very peculiar and he definitely didn't know what to think about their hair color; besides it was very odd. Sure, he had a color of hair was wasn't normal here but at least it was his natural color. He stop and listen to people talk about host or hostess clubs ,what ever those were, but he'd politely deny them before continuing his stroll. They were probably something not mention for those around his age to know about or to visit.

"Maybe I should head home now." He sighed as he soon grew bored of the sights. There just wasn't the match here at night that interested the young devil. But instead of flying he simply turned in the direction he believed his mansion resided in and continued on his merry way. "I doubt I'll run into anything else that's interesting and everyone at home is probably asleep." He told himself while combing his free hand through his hair. After a few minutes he got completely lost and sighed, "I really didn't want to use anymore magic but I'm going to have to." With that said he walked into the darkest alley. After stopping, he focused on his room while the shadows crept toward him and started to envelope him until they dispersed and he was now in his room. Before the young devil had a chance to say anything he blacked out and collapsed onto his bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the maids from his house had gone into his room to check on him. When she saw him already passed out on the bed, she smiled kindly and walked over to the demon boy. "Long day master?" she asked gently, knowing she wouldn't get an answer out of him. Without saying anymore, she walked to his bed side and started to pull his shoes off. Laying them down on the floor beside the bed. Moving him around a bit, she manged to pull the covers over him.

"Good night young master. Tomorrow will be another busy day, so get as much rest as you can." she told him. With that, she gave a small pat on the top of his head. Turning she left the room and started to head back to her own room for the night.

In the following morning, Raku woke up seeing he had his shoes off and he also had his covers around him. Odd, he could barely remember what happened last night but he could've sworn he blacked out; it must have been one of the maids. He smiled to himself as he rose out of bed, they were too good to him sometimes. The young devil walked over to his closet while undressing himself and threw his clothes into a laundry basket as he changed into a new ,clean, uniform. Turning toward the mirror, he tried to match what Mai's had down yesterday with his tie but he couldn't replicate it; it seemed better than yesterday's attempt so he hope that looked good. He slipped his shoes on and that's when he noticed his school bag was gone, they must have taken it down stairs while he was still asleep. With a soft yawn, he combed a hand through his hair before leaving his room to go downstairs.

When he arrived, Rosa was doing her usual activity reading the newspaper while she ate. Walking over to the table he sat down just as another of his staff placed down a plate of waffles and a glass of milk in front of him and he grinned. He devoured and downed his meal in a matter of minutes before he stood up, found his school bag and was about to head out until he heard Charlotte. "Wait you big dummy!" She called and raced over to him with a pout. "You almost forgot your lunch again." She stated angrily while her master took it from her and placed the bento box safely into his school bag. "Thank you Charl." He said with a smile then gave her a light hug before he turned away, opened the door, and went to his limo. "Let's go." He stated and the driver pulled off. Awhile later, his limo pulled over at the school and Raku got out with his schoolbag hung over his shoulder. "Time to start another day." He whispered then started walking towards then entrance.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the school Mai was already in her desk and ready for the day to begin. Though instead of looking at her homework she was absorbed in the book she was reading. Of course it was the books that Raku had gave her yesterday. She was content with just reading as the other students talked around her. A lot of them where talking about Raku and about his dad and the company he works for.

Every so often the other girl would find herself listening, but most of the time she head her nose buried in the book.

As Raku made his way towards the school's entrance he greeted those that waved at him with a smile and fist bumped Jiro when they passed each other. Even though it was only his second day at school people already knew who he was and he guessed that must have made him 'popular', as Mai called him. He didn't know whether it was something good or not so for now he would just see what happens in the future. Finally, after a large group of girls surrounded him and started to ask him questions ,which he politely answered, he finally arrived at his classroom. With a soft yawn, he fixed his tie then walked into the room; ready for class.

The young devil noticed that the girl that sat next to him was already there and was even reading on of the books he gave her. "Good morning everyone." He said aloud when several of the students looked over at him when he walked in and greeted him. Then he walked over to his desk, hung his school bag over the side then sat down while glancing at Mai. "How do you like it so far?" He whispered curiously.

She had rose a hand at him when he whispered to her. Keeping her noise in the book as she kept reading the page that she was on. When she finished, she closed the book and looked at him. "I like it a lot." she said laughing as she sat there. "Like a lot. I finished the first one last night, and I am just about done with this one as well." she said as she held the book on her desk.

Yup, he was right; she was a book lover. The young devil wasn't offended when she rose her hand up to silence him, he knew the feeling of wanting to finish what you were reading before replying to someone's question. No one wanted to lose their place and spent extra time having to reread to find it again. "That's good." He replied with a smile then leaned back in his seat. Then hearing what she said next causing him to happily chuckle while looking at her. "I was hoping you would. I must say, you read almost as fast as a devil can; I'm really impressed." He told her while fixing his hair.

She laughed as she sat there. "Well maybe I am half devil then." she said jokingly as she sat in her desk. Watching him mess with his hair, he reached up and pulled a strain of it. "Maybe you should get your hair cut, or invest in some hair ties." she told him with a grin as she sat there.

"Possibly, that could explain why you're so violent." He teased then looked back over at her while chuckling. "I wouldn't doubt it if you were." Raku added with a grin before he let go of his hair. When she reached out he was curious about what she was doing until the girl grabbed his hair. When she pulled on it he puffed out his cheeks a bit while sending a playful glare her way. "Maybe I'll get a few inches cut off, hair ties are a definite no though." He replied back with a small smile. The devil couldn't see himself tying his hair up in a pony tail or some other way.

"I'm not violent!' she told him as she sat there sticking her tongue out. When he said that he wouldn't put his hair up, a grin came onto her face. "Oh you won't will you?" she asked. It wasn't long until she jumped out of her seat and got up behind him. "Just sit still!" she demanded of him as she started to grab hands full of his hair so she could pull it up into a pony tail.

Raku looked at her with a blank look until he mouth twitched until he was smiling again. "Yeah...and I'm not a demon who wields mystical powers." He replied in a teasing matter. "I don't think I like that grin of yours or how you asked that question." He told her, a bit frightened of what she was planning. Then once he realized what her plan was, the young demon was about to get up and flee the room but Mai was already out of her chair and behind him. He started struggling at first but after hearing her he quickly stopped then lowered his head as his face turned a light shade of blush while he grumbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.