When Worlds Collide

Status
Not open for further replies.
She wanted to ask him questions as well, especially after he said that he had been isolated for the last two years. Though she didn't think they would budge any and just let them be. Though when the lunch appeared in her hands, she looked at it shocked. Reading the note, she started to get mad, but that soon started to fade away. A small smile fell onto her face and there were tears in her eyes. "Thank you." she said softly as she stood there.

It had been years since she last ate lunch at school. She never had enough money to do so, there were times that she just had to go without anything to eat at all. Though no one in the school knew about it, at least she didn't think so. The teachers knew she was on the poor end of the building population. But none of them knew that she was living alone, or that she was working jobs after school to support herself, and the debt she had been in with medical bills.

He was happy that Mai hadn't turned up and demanded that he take the lunch back but he also didn't feel so well too. He wasn't used to using magic on Earth so once the wave of exhaustion hit him, the young devil winced a little then stretched as if nothing had happened as he frowned a little. It was going to take some time for Raku to get used to using magic and regaining it but for right now the pain lulled into a dull throb. But he saw that it was worth it since after two years of being isolated from any contact, he had found someone to talk with; even if they weren't too fond of one another and argued.

To be honest, he had a feeling something was up with the girl and she didn't want anyone to know so he wasn't going to ask and pry into her business. It wasn't his place until he learned more about his new 'friend' then pleasantly smiled at the thought as the other students around him continued to ramble on. They asked him a few more questions which he politely answered as he unwrapped his lunch box then looked at a person who tried to sit in Mia's seat; the student quickly moved to another seat. Written on his rice in bold letter was 'Dummy'. He sighed as he shook his head before he picked up his chopsticks and started to dig in.

Mai was slowly coming back into the room and started to push past the students to get to her desk. Sighing she pulled her chopsticks apart and started to dig into the lunch. She was eating as slow as possible, not wanting to give any hits on how hungry she was. When she heard the sigh from Raku, looking over at his lunch. She looked at his rice ball and started to laugh. "Well at least she has something right about you." Mai told him with a grin. "You are a dummy." she said happily as she sat there.

She was enjoying each bite of her meal that she was taking, almost seeming to enjoy it more then she should. Some of the students would accidentally bump into her table, or put their things on her desk, but she didn't seem to mind. She was just happy to have something other then hard boiled eggs, toast, and milk to eat. Though as she ate, a distant look fell onto her face as she was thinking of what she would have to do after school.

Raku continued to eat, ignoring the constant chattering of the students sitting around him and stayed quiet until he would hear his name be said; then he'd reply or add something into the conversation. With being isolated for so long he really didn't know how to act so he either guessed or simply stayed silent so he could enjoy his meal in relative peace. Then he heard footsteps and looked up just as Mai walked in with the lunch box he had summoned, he straightened himself up a bit so nothing would see wrong and took a sip from his drink. When she commented about him in fact being a dummy he picked up the rice ball, examined it, then look over at her with a mischievous smile. "Ha ha ha, that's so funny. If I'm a dummy what does that make you?" He chuckled then took a bite out of it.

He was surprised with how much she was enjoying the food, was there something more to this girl than he imagined? When a student bumped into her table he would politely ask them to be more careful in the future and when they placed something on her asked he asked if they could keep their belongings on their owns desks. The girls swooned over how polite and kind he was while the guys were impressed that he wasn't another hot head that snapped at any one. Once everything was in order for the moment he finished up his rice ball then began to work on eating his octopus shaped hot dogs.

She looked at him and grinned. "A lot smarter then you." she told him as she sat there, just enjoying herself. She was eating the rice, and started to move onto the little tomatoes that was in it. She looked over at the girls and started to laugh, enjoying how they were treating him. "I am surprised you don't have a girlfriend." she told him softly. That got a lot of girls talking. "You don't have a girlfriend?!" one asked him. "Your manners are top notched." another girl said as she sat there. "Well you be my boyfriend?!" asked a girl. "No, no me!" another girl called out.

Mai started laughing shaking her head as she kept eating. "My goodness, now look at you, so popular." she said laughing as she sat there. When she was finished with her lunch, she closed her bento box and placed the job sticks on top of it. "Thank you for the lunch." she whispered to him softly. "It was really good. Though do it again, and I won't accept it so nicely. You just caught me on an off day." she said sticking her tongue out at him, before opening her books up and starting on the homework that was given that day.

"Is that so? We'll see then when the day for the test arrives." He told her with a confident look as he finished the last of his food. Raku took a hold of one of his napkins then wiped his mouth with it before placing it into his bento box before closing it and placing it in his bag. Though he was curious as to why she was laughing but when he was about to ask her why he learned the reason. Then his confident demeanor evaporated and was replaced by a shy one as he averted his gaze and started to play with his fingers. "U-um.. having a g-girlfriend never really crossed my m-mind." He admitted softly. When one girl asked he didn't have a girl friend he simply shook his head then glanced up at them as his shy side was starting to be replaced by his normal self. "T-thank you." He replied with a smile but was taken back by their requests. "I-if it's alright with you all, I'd like to get to know you all first."

Then he looked over at Mai and raised and eyebrow as another breeze fluttered through his hair. "I wonder who caused the sudden topic and my new found popularity?" He teasingly asked then poked her cheek with his finger. When she closed her new bento box and whispered to him softly he grinned. "You're welcome, at least I know after all these years my cooking is still good." He whispered back. "We'll see, I'll have you eat another one even if I have to tie you down." He said with a chuckle as she stuck her tongue out at him. Then he leaned back in his chairs and smiled at everyone. "I never knew a human school could be this interesting."

She started laughing as she watched him. "Oh getting the shy guy act now, are we?" she asked as she sat in her seat, though she smacked his hand way when he poked. "Don't do that, you really are a child you know. I only know children that does those types of things." she told him firmly, though there was a hit of her joking around with him. "Well then you are just going to have to tie me down. I am not going to eat anything else you give me." she told him. "Who knows what creepy things you put in it." she said sticking her tongue back out at him.

It didn't take long for her to get done with her homework and soon the class was starting up again and everyone too their seats. Time seemed to fly by faster then before. The lessons were easy enough for him, even though some of the other kids were struggling with it. Mai on the other hand, seemed to have everything under control. Even more so when they were called to read out in English. It almost sounded perfect, though there were somethings that could be worked on as well.

When the finally bell rang for class to be over, she stood up and picked her bags up. Some of the students asking Raku if he wanted to hang out with them after class, or wanting to walk home with him. Mai on the other hand had already slipped out of the class room and heading out of school. She was going to head to work, humming ever so slightly to herself. Most of her homework from the day was already done, she had a few things to double check and finish up. Then she would be able to read over the books Raku had given her that day.

Raku sent a look her way then averted his eyes for a moment. "H-hush." He grumbled softly. Then when he smacked his hand away and heard Mai's response he started to laugh that the tops of his fangs were exposed for a moment. "What are you now my mother?" He mimicked her voice in a teasing away before he started laughing again. "Looks like you're right I'll have to tie you down." He replied. "I guess human's don't constitute hellhound haunches, kraken organs, dragon eggs or griffon livers as normal things." He said innocently while she stuck her tongue out at him. "Just kidding, I use regular food to cook; who on earth would want to eat any of things I listen?" He asked with a playful grin and the students started laughing.

His homework was pretty easy, he knew all the answers so he quickly got through all of it then placed the papers into a folder and finally into his bag. Once the lessons started back up, he was silent the whole time and curiously listened to their teacher as she spoke about what they were learning. He enjoyed her way of teaching a lot more than the way his tutors taught him in the Nether World, she added interesting facts while they had simply just gave him what he needed to know. Maybe being in the human world and school wouldn't be so bad after all.

Once he heard the bell that announced school was over, he picked up his bag and stood up just as some people rushed over to him. The young devil listened to them and once they were done talking he shook his head and gave them an apologetic smile. "I'm terribly sorry but I'm not quite finished unpacking yet." He explained. "One I'm moved in a situated at home I'd be more than happy to hang out with you all." He replied before bidding them good bye and walking out of the classroom then finally the school. Waiting on the road was his limo again which he got into and placed his bag down and sighed while leaning against the seat. "Tough day Master?" His driver asked while glancing back at the fiery red head. "A bit, but I enjoyed it."

When he had started to list the food off that she made, a sick look almost fell onto her face as she stood there. Though when he said he was just kidding she reached out and punched him. 'Don't do that!" she hissed at him as she sat there. "That is so gross, even to think about it." she said shaking her head a bit. When the final bell rang she rushed outside and started to head for her job. In the limo, his driver would of passed her as she was running down the side walk as fast as she could.

She didn't seem to notice the car as she was focused on what was in front of her. She ran a few blocks until she made it to a small cafe. "Hey I'm here, I will be right back." she told one of her co-workers. "Just in time." the girl said laughing as she watched her throw her things over the counter and rushed in the back to get changed. When she came back out her long hair was in two braided pony tails and she was dressed up in a maid outfit. The dress was a bit short, showing her upper thighs. Though the rest of her legs were covered by knee high socks. Her other co-workers were dressed the same way.

Some were wearing a pink outfit, while others were in black. "Let's get started then." her co-worker said as she bumped into her, and soon they were getting to work, placing people at tables and bringing food out to them as well.

When he felt her punch him, the young devil started to laugh even more as a pleasant grin plastered his face and he held his sides. Seeing her face was priceless. "Alright...alright...I apologize." He told her as his grin turned into a mischievous smirk. "I was curious to see your reaction, and getting punched was worth it. If only I had a camera." He teased then rubbed his neck. Fast forward a bit to when he was in his limo, he did notice Mai as they drove by and glanced through the window to look at her before he grew bored and sighed.

That's when he told his driver just to aimless drive around a few blocks because there was something he had been wanting to try ever since he came to Japan. Then that's when they passed it, a small café and his eyes lighted up upon seeing it and he quickly told his driver to drop him off at the curb. Raku quickly got himself out of the car along with his school bag before he dismissed his driver then turned and walked down the street to his destination. "I wonder if these are as good as they are in the books." He whispered to himself just as he got into the doors. As the young devil pushed open the door and walked inside he was surprised; compared to the books, this was a bit odd until he guess it must have been one of those famous maid cafes. Raku moved a strand of hair from his face as he stood there.

He curiously reached out to look at the menu that was laying on his table and read it; though he had no idea what half of these foods were. "I see why father had me come to Japan rather than America, it's much more interesting here." He smiled to himself then flipped to the next page.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as he entered the door, a small bell rang. The girls that were working on the floor, no matter if they were waiting on somebody or not, turned around to look at him. "Welcome!" They said cheerfully, and it wasn't long until another girl came rushing up to his side. Her hair was so black that it held a tint of purple to it. "Welcome, if you follow me this way, I can get you a seat and have someone with you in just a moment." she told him. She looked him up and down for a moment, laughing a bit. "A demon too, that's neat, I am one as well." she said said before leading him to a near by table. "Just one moment and we will have someone for you." she told him, before giving a small bow and leaving.

It didn't seem to take too long until he was greeted by a familiar face. Though it was an odd sight to see. "Welcome, what can I get you for today?" Mai asked him. Though she was more cheerful and happy looking then she had been at the school. Though her smile shook a little when she noticed it was him. "Oh it's your." she said still trying to keep the cheerful, happy, and cute attitude that all the girls were suppose to have at all time. "Honestly I didn't think I would see you outside of school." she said with a small laugh.

Raku was taken back when all the girls turned toward him and welcomed him into the café. Wow, he could see why people liked coming here, the girls were cheerful, polite, and also cute. Then he looked away from the menu hanging from the wall as one of the maids came over to him. Instantly he could tell she too was a demon like him; which made him more comfortable to be here. "Thank you." He replied with a smile then curiously looked at her when she looked him over and laughed. "I could tell from the purple tint in your hair, it's very pretty." He told her with a smile while following her over to his table. "Thank you." He replied pleasantly before she left then sat down his bag by his seat then sat down.

He started to read through the new menu that was laying on the table and decided the omelet looked pretty tasty. Though he looked at the other choices before closing it once he heard footsteps heading his way that stopped by his table. "The omelet sounds nice and a glass of water too please." He answered the girl's question while he looked up and was surprised by what he saw; it was the girl he sat next to. "Oh, don't sound too happy. You'll make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside." He teased then placed the menu back in the middle. Though his expression changed into one of small agitation at what she said next. "After two years of isolation I'd love to just lock myself back up in my house after coming to a new world." He replied with a dry tone then looked out the window. "I'm surprised to see you working here."

"I really don't have a choice to sound happy or not." she told him as she stood there. "Really, I wasn't expecting anyone from school to ever come here." she muttered as she stood there. "But the omelet is a great choice." she told, writing down on a piece of paper. "For a little bit more, we can also do a drawing of your choice on it." she told him kindly.

When he spoke about being isolated again, she slowly nodded. "Well maybe you will have to tell me about it one day." she told him."

His expression softened then he heard her then turned around to face Mai. "Well, when you're around me just act like you're usual self." He replied with a small smile. "I don't see why not, this place seems really nice along with its employees. Though just by looking at our classmates I can come to the conclusion they rather eat in more expensive places." He shook his head and sighed. "Unlike them, I don't have the same tastes." Raku added as she wrote his order down. "Sure, you can do anything. As long as you don't put 'Dummy' on it." He teased with a grin.

When she mentioned back him possibly telling her about his isolation, his grin faltered to a frown for a spilt second. "Maybe..." He then shook his head and went back to his usual personality. "We'll see what happens."

"Dang it." she said when he told her that she couldn't write 'dummy' down on his plate. "I was so close too." she said laughing as she stood there. "Alright it will be right out then." she told him. She then gave a nod to him as he told her that they will see what happens. She soon took off once again and went to the back of the room.

She placed his order down, and it wasn't long until she was called to wait on others, as she ran back and froth between getting their meals taken down and placed in the back to get made. It seemed like she had been doing the job for a while with how well she handled everything.

"I thought you'd try that when you offered about writing on my food in a kind way." He replied with a grin and a small chuckle. "Luckily I remembered." He told her then fixed his hair; maybe he should get it cut soon? Raku nodded when she told him it would be right out as he pulled out a book to read while waiting. Then he pulled out some glasses from his breast pocket and put them on before he opened the book and began to read.

Even though he was immersed in his book, he would still look up from his reading time to time to watch her work. She was fairly well skilled at it which he concluded she had this job for a while and he had to admit she was good at it and did look kind of good in a maid's outfit. Then he blinked for a moment then shook his head; What on earth was he thinking? It was probably his hunger getting to him so he went back to reading to occupy his mind with something else.

Things seemed calm for the most part as she kept working. Relaxing a bit more as she did so. Finally though she started to bring out his omelet out to him and his water. "Here you are, sorry for the wait." she told him as she sat the plate and glass down. Though when she sat it down, she pulled the plate back to her and picked up a ketchup bottle.

Smiling she drew a little chibi of him on it, "Since it's all about you, I thought I could draw this." she said laughing as she made it look like he was angry and yelling. "You know, because your a demon." she said teasingly as she placed the plate back down in front of him. "There, if you need anything else just let me know." she told him before starting to walk away once more.

Though the book he was reading was pretty lengthy and he just started it when he sat down, he was already halfway through the book once she walked back over. He stuck his bookmark in between the pages then put the book back into his bag before he looked at her. "Thank you, it's alright; I saw how busy this place was." He replied as he pulled off his glasses then placed them on the table. Raku was about to pick up his fork to eat until Mai pulled back his plate and drew on it.

The young devil watched as she drew on it then cocked his head to the side as he listened to the girl in a maid outfit. All about him? Because he was a demon? He was even more curious to see what she had drew on his food and when she placed the plat back in front of him he started laughing when he saw what it was. "Hey, I can be sweet and innocent when I want to be." He replied with a grin once he was done laughing. "I'll do just that." He added as she walked away and he took a sip from his glass before he picked up his fork and started to eat. "This is really good., maybe I'll have to come here often." He mumbled to himself.

Things were just going, people were running in and out and the girls were all busy making sure everyone was happy and enjoying their time. There were some group of boys that came in too and Mai started to wait on them, getting their orders of what they wanted. The other demon girl was working just as hard as Mai.

The girl was on the short side, though her shortness is what made her as cute as the other girls in the shop as well. For a demon she was awfully perky, or at least it seemed like that.

Once he was finished with his meal, he wiped his mouth with a napkin before he threw it away in a nearby trash can. Then he picked up his glasses and put them back on as he took another sip from his water while looking at the menu again. The devil would look up now and again to see all the girls were working hard to make all the customers happy, their boss must have been really lucky to have such devoted employees. He thought to himself but was very interested in the demon girl that had met him at the door. She was cute and also perky, which he thought was interesting but he turned his eyes back to the menu to pick out a dessert.

"What to choose, what to choose?" He mumbled to himself while skimming the possibilities. Sure, he had the money and the stomach to eat them all but he didn't want to seem like a pig. Raku gently bit his lip until he came to their special offer, some kind of sundae; it looked like a regular one to him so why was it a special offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.