When Winter Leaves.... (Private)

Cormorant Garamond; Metamorphous;
art by: Wlop
Kaylee Lannister

Interaction: Arley Baratheon(@Ritual Lobotomy) & Eddard Stark (@DayDreamer)
Clothing: Kaylee's Outfit Here! & Kaylee's Hairstyle Here!
Mood: Annoyed & Drunk

The silver haired and silver tongued lioness kept her steel colored gaze locked on her cousin despite the uncomfortable situation. The look on his face told her everything she needed to know. Kaylee fought to keep her face neutral but she relished this feeling. Her dear cousin was easy to read. She knew exactly what he would respond to her with before he even opened his mouth.

"Last I heard you had no match yourself. Perhaps we ought to combine forces in the search for the person we wish to spend the rest of our lives with." Kaylee's eyes practically twinkled as her cousin took the bait, but before she could retaliate he continued, "I have been busy. Preparing for the summit was one thing, but many of my people are getting restless. They long for the North and their ancestral seats. Following Lord Erick's disappearance, rumors have grown out of control. The memory of White Walkers is still fresh in memory and people demand answers. Visenya most of them all."

Kaylee's smile faded as quickly as it had appeared. She didn't appreciate Ned putting Visenya's business out like this she was sure her favored cousin wouldn't be pleased either. Before she could say anything rather Kaylee's eyes made contact with Hagen as he silently made his way back to his seat. Her eyes stayed trained on him as she quickly glanced him over taking in his new ensemble. She was a bit disappointed and she wanted to ask what happened but she could tell from his facial expression he wasn't in the mood.

"That is... rather unfortunate," Arley responded to Ned which brought her back to the situation at hand. The conversation and the fact that she was still annoyed by it. "I have no doubt however, that Visenya is aware of true priorities on her agenda. If anyone would be able to pull the horse out of the quicksand single-handedly, that would be her," Kaylee nodded her head in agreement.

"I'd say you have nothing to worry about when it comes to that." Arley reassured him to which Kaylee chuckled, "He's right. You can leave the worrying to the adults Ned." She quipped back sharply before flashing him a wink. "Oh and just so we're clear the difference between you and I is that I have plenty of options." She continued referencing their earlier topic, love life, "I need only play one of the many cards in my hand. For you though, dear cousin, I wouldn't mind lending a helping hand. You might not know this but providing charity for the help is one of my specialties."

Perhaps she was going too far but the wine had settled in and she simply could no longer care. Whispers and wide eyes glanced at her from around the table but Kaylee ignored them. Her challenging gaze stay rested on her cousin. If he could be allowed to make a show of himself surely she could do the same right? Mentally she cursed at herself but she was in too deep now. Perhaps Arley was right, she should've slowed down on the drinks a long time ago.

Last edited:
Catlyn, ever the watchful hostess had noticed that Lord Greyjoy had rejoined the party and he didn't look too shabby in his borrowed attire. She made a mental note to reward the servants for their effort and success. However, her attention was drawn to the high table and one look at her brother's face was enough to tell her that, unless she stepped in, there would be a heavy price to pay. With an inward sigh of exhaustion, she made her way over, her ears catching the last couple quotes. Why did Kaylee always had to fight him on that? Sure, she and Ned never saw eye to eye, but she was smarter than that.

"If there is anyone in desperate need for help, that is Visenya. I believe she has scared off most suitors with her headstrong ways. That is the She-Bear if there ever was one." Catlyn interrupted with a pleasant smile, placing a gentle hand on her brother's arm. Ned's jaw was now so set that you would expect to hear it pop off place at any second. "I wouldn't be too worried about remaining the only one in single status my Lord Baratheon. My dear cousin seems too fond of her freedom. Perhaps that is why she is always coming through." She smiled knowingly, hoping to defuse the situation before it could escalate further. She didn't know exactly what had transpired between the two of them, but it needed to end now, before either of them made an even greater fool of themselves.

In the meantime, Visenya seemed to frown a little at the way Tamsyn spoke. "You act as if you don't know how the game works. Great Houses relly on the smaller as much as we do on them." She said in a somewhat scolding tone as she took a sip from her wine, momentarily enjoying the sensation of the liquid burning her throat. "You are right that everybody seems to be out for themselves, but I do hope history will not repeat itself. If it does, well.... it was nice knowing you and we would have been better of as White Walker fodder." She said as she decided to indulge the rest of her drink and the fine meals that were now steadily trickling out the kitchens.

-----
OOC: At this point it is pretty late for a T post. I will get to it soon. Feel free to wrap up interactions in the mansion so we can move on to bloodbath day in my next or second to next post -_-'

Last edited:
Arley Baratheon

The situation seemed to be getting progressively out of hand. So much so, that he began to feel uncomfortable with high enough intensity for it to be physically visible. The Stag adjusted himself in his chair with a light, disappointed grumble. The intense atmosphere that surrounded them guaranteed that there was no use in involving deeper than necessary. After all, family issues were to be resolved within the family. He was far from happy about it, but at that moment, he simply detached himself from any futile attempts with a sigh, requesting his chalice to be refilled. And while young Ned was seemingly left speechless, Arley could imagine plenty of things he couldn't say out loud tainting young man's mind simply leaving him more vulnerable to Kaylee's stings. And as much as he was concerned about Eddard's temperament, he was as worried about Kaylee's brazenness. The morrow would be both interesting and challenging.

Perhaps noticing the need to intervene instead, Catlyn's voice interrupted the silent stand-off.

"I wouldn't be too worried about remaining the only one in single status my Lord Baratheon. My dear cousin seems too fond of her freedom. Perhaps that is why she is always coming through."

The Stag responded with a polite smirk, acknowledging Lady Stark's presence with a nod in her direction.

"Perhaps", he mused on it briefly, "not necessarily a bad thing; fondness of freedom. One's blood cannot be denied. Besides", he added in a lighter tone, treating himself from the chalice, "you seem to be having your hands full without worrying about her."

@Sailor Arti
@DayDreamer

• Creepy
Reactions: Nemopedia
Torsten wiped the blood off his face as Zea finally managed to calm down and comment on his skills with the axe in an amused way. That was all he chose to take it as in their current situation. "If I didn't know any better I would say that hit to your head finally done you good." He replied in kind as he checked her head a bit closer.

Not that he allowed him to do that for long, she was quick to switch positions and assure him that Nia was going to be fine. He rolled his eyes at the threats thrown towards Eloise. While he had to agree with her sentiments towards Eloise's selfishness in this situation with him murdering two people, his clothes speckled in their blood, killing the potentially lost Baratheon girl wouldn't do them any favors. "I hope you are not literal in that. We are already in a mess as it is. She is in deep trouble for sure this time." He grunted and used his cloak to cover the bloodstains as he got up.

Instructing Nia to sniff Eloise out, Torsten followed Zea out of the alley and into the crowd again as the hound was slowly but steadily following the scent trail to lead them to the troublesome girl.

• I'm SHOOK
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy

Sitting up straight, Tamsyn dragged her free hand over her face, pinching the bridge of her nose for a second before forcing herself to smile in spite of the Ironborn scum sitting at the high table and the mood he had put her in. She wasn't going to let that bastard ruin what could be an otherwise enjoyable evening.

"My apologies Lady Visenya. You are of course right. It is our duty and our honour to dance this dance and it is wrong of me to disparage it so. The Masquerade must go on for the sake of everyone in the Seven Kingdoms, even if it means we must smile at people we'd rather see on a pyre or at the bottom of the sea with their so-called god."

Noticing Visenya's eyes drifting towards the steady stream of servants crossing the hall with food and drink, Tamsyn reached out and grabbed the elbow of the first that passed her and promptly relieved the man of the plate they were carrying. It wasn't the proper thing to do; there was an order to these sort of things that everyone was meant to follow. At this point though, the red-head was pretty sure that her reputation had already taken enough of a fall tonight that such a violation of decorum would make little difference to her standing.

"And of course there are some compensations for having to play the game are there not, my lady? For every person I would rather not see, there is one I am very happy to break bread and share wine with."

Refilling her goblet, Tamsyn held it slightly aloft.

"To good health and not making the same mistakes as our forefathers."

Cormorant Garamond; Metamorphous;
art by: Wlop
Kaylee Lannister

Time of Day: Night
Interaction: Arley Baratheon + Hagen Greyjoy(@Ritual Lobotomy) & Eddard Stark + Catlyn Stark + Visenya Mormont (@DayDreamer])
Clothing: Kaylee's Outfit Here! & Kaylee's Hairstyle Here!
Mood: Annoyed & Drunk

A sharp stabbing pain pierced through the lioness's head and she felt her vision momentarily fade. As things around her began to dim she closed her eyes and reluctantly turned away from the stare-down she was having with her cousin. With a rather pathetic and childish display Kaylee turned her back on him and rested her head in her hands.

There it was, the stress the burden's, the weight, the irritation. It had finally gotten to her and with a few drinks down she'd managed to snap her iron will and discipline in half and make a fool of herself the night before the proper meeting.

The white haired maiden felt her lips part in a wicked grin as she began to chuckle quietly to herself. Yes, this was the moment she'd been waiting for. The day she drove herself mad. In her drunken stupor her anger hand managed to take the reigns and she let those venom seeped words spew from her mouth like hot flames on tender coal.

Once again she reminded herself that no matter how she dressed it up, at her core she wasn't built for this. The politics, the falsehoods. Perhaps that's what attracted her to Hagen so. His blatant and notorious habit for never compromising who he is. His boldness for speaking the truth. Kaylee could only hope that one day she'd be able to live like that too.

Still, she knew herself better than anyone. She had more control than this pitiful excuse. Her willpower was much stronger than this embarrassing display. And above all else no one could take Kaylee's work ethic away from her. No one worked quite as hard as she did, and she was sure of that fact.

However, she couldn't help but wonder if this was the release she'd been needing. She'd kept her feelings pent up for so long, perhaps this was a 'cry for help' moment for her. 'What piss awful timing that is then,' she thought to herself with a light scoff. Still, at least it was out of her system now. She would be back on her proper game in the morning she would make sure of that.

"If there is anyone in desperate need for help, that is Visenya. I believe she has scared off most suitors with her headstrong ways. That is the She-Bear if there ever was one." Catlyn spoke up in a soothing tone. Ah, wonderful, peaceful, diplomatic Cat here to save the day once more. That's what she always did anyway.

However, Kaylee couldn't be bitter. Someone had to be the adult here and stop this farce before either Ned or Kay embarrassed themselves even further. The lioness was grateful for Cat no matter how much of a 'goody-two-shoes' she was. "I wouldn't be too worried about remaining the only one in single status my Lord Baratheon. My dear cousin seems too fond of her freedom. Perhaps that is why she is always coming through."

"Perhaps", Arley spoke up beside her, "Not necessarily a bad thing; fondness of freedom. One's blood cannot be denied. Besides", he added in a lighter tone, "You seem to be having your hands full without worrying about her." Kaylee slowly opened her storm blue orbs once more to check if her vision was properly restored.

Once she deemed it was she slipped right back into the old habit of things. Her smile was soft and gentle now, no trace of hidden agenda or malice she was displaying before. "If there's one thing I know about Vis is that worry or not she will be unapologetically herself. I envy her for that." Kaylee said with a distance look on her face. Fond memories with her favorite cousin filtered through her head as she stood to her feet.

Graceful as ever, one would never be able to tell she was drunk off her rockers, Kaylee practically swirled and danced towards her other cousins. Placing a tender hand on Eddard's arm and giving him a squeeze she held Cat's hand with her other before addressing her.

"Thank you for the lovely feast cousin. You did a wonderful job. I must be going now, we do have quite the day ahead of ourselves tomorrow. Make sure you all get plenty of rest." She gave the Stark siblings one last squeeze before gently and swiftly kissing Cat's cheek and dismissing herself from the group.

A rather abrupt departing but it was needed, lest she make even more of a fool of herself. She needed to get out of this place, she was finding it suffocating already. That and this corset wasn't doing her any favors. The sooner she could relax properly, and get out of the clothes, the sooner she'd feel better, she was sure of that.

patrick-jensen-patrickjensen-gameofthrones-greathall01.jpg

Location: Private room at Catlyn Stark's Mansion, New King's Landing
Time: Morning
-----------------------
Last night had gone as well as Catlyn has expected it to. Tension was high but thankfully nothing of note happened after the little incident of scorn between the Lord of the Iron Islands and the Lady of Greyshield. From her spot at the window on the far corner of the room, the secondborn Stark could hear the Lords and Ladies enter in the private meeting room, yet she barely acknowledged them other than a polite bow of her head and a faint smile here and there. Her mind was occupied with other things and she was but a silent figure by the window, elegant yet not extravagant.

Her fingers played absentmindedly with the Stark ring on her middle finger as she mused over the reports of the Golden Cloaks' captain. There had been an increasing number of fights just as she had predicted. Wine, hotheaded supporters of different Houses and the instability that the Long Night had caused were bound to lead to unrest. However, despite her precautions and the increased patrols, several murders did occur and the perpetrators were still at large.

Then there was the situation that would form after the outcome of this meeting. The vying Lords and Ladies of the Great Houses had not been allowed to bring a large host to the Crownlands in order to avoid anyone taking military action on the spot, should the outcome was not to their liking, yet Catlyn could not have been sure that spies, ruffians and soldiers had not entered the city in disguise, waiting to spring to action if needed.

Once all the members of the meeting arrived, the doors closed and guards were stationed outside on orders to not have the meeting be disturbed by outsiders unless otherwise specified. Not even the servants were allowed inside to offer refreshments and food until the appointed time for a break. A separate table had already been set with refreshments and a choice of cheese, fruits and cold meats, yet no wine was present. This would require all minds to be sober.

"Welcome my Lords and Ladies. I hope you have had a good night's sleep as today is promising to be a hard working day for us all." She said once everybody was seated. She took her place not at the head of the table but opposite to her brother. She was to be the host and mediator of this meeting and she would be damned if she showed favoritism. The last thing she, Eddard and the Realm needed was for others to speak against any decision made on grounds of favoritism.

------
In the streets of the city, there had been unrest the night before. Violent murders had the Golden Cloaks on their toes and for at least one of the cases, they have had the description of the suspects. A woman with violet eyes and dark hair, accompanied by a brute. But the Guards of New King's Landing were not the only ones looking for them. Lannister soldiers had been involved, though this was not public knowledge just yet. However things were about to get increasingly more complicated. Something was afoot as Maya and Hawke had discovered and the return of the lost Lady Baratheon would reveal some interesting facts about Kaylee Lannister.

Kaylee Lannister, Outfit, Stark Estate, New King's Landing

Tags:

Kaylee stood outside the Stark Estate for a moment, taking time to enjoy how the morning breeze felt on her skin. Despite managing to get a little sleep Kaylee was still exhausted. But she was sure she wouldn't really be able to get any rest until this was all over. Hagen and Kay had an early start this morning since she needed to head back to her estate to change into proper clothes for this meeting.

Once again she was oddly quiet this morning, much like how she was on the ride back to the Black Mermaid. A clear sign of stress if anyone knew the girl well enough. Kaylee was also saving energy for this meeting, which was sure to be long and taxing. With everything going on though, no one could really blame her for not being fully herself for once. Once she arrived back at her estate Charles, the captain of her guard, informed her that nothing more happened in her absence.

She was thankful for that at least. It was one piece of good news which she could certainly appreciate since all she really had been focusing on was the bad. Maya and Hawke were still a no show and Kaylee couldn't help but assume the worst because of that. Pinching the sleeve of her dress she sighed as the wind blew her her hair. Stressing over things that weren't in her control was something usual for her to do, but she knew it would ultimately get her nowhere.

Shifting the weight between her legs she stared up at the grey early morning sky. She would just have to trust they would both make it back to her safely. The alternative would render her useless for this meeting and she couldn't afford to let how she was feeling to carry over into her work. "Get a grip Lannister. You've got work to do." she mumbled to herself as released another heavy sigh. Closing her eyes she stood up straight, brushing her dress off before inhaling deeply. She could do this, one step at a time.

Kaylee had left Hagen's side first, earlier on. She didn't want to cause more of a scene than the two of them did yesterday at the dinner. She had suggested they enter the meeting separately, believing it would be the best option to keep whispers to a minimum at least. Talk was inevitable, but how much talk and what that topic was could definitely be controlled. After hesitating for a moment at the door she finally made her way into the room once she felt she could successfully pass as her 'usual' put-together-self.

She made her way to an empty seat, taking the time to smile and greet a few others before doing so. As the rest of the lords and ladies did the same she managed to sneak a glance at the host of this meeting who seemed a little preoccupied with looking out the window. Kaylee wondered what could be on her mind. Perhaps it was what was on everyone's mind, the meeting and what would come of it?
--
xtra notes: Kaylee's Hair - Front / Kaylee's Hair - Back

but the aftertaste is
- b i t t e r s w e e t -

Last edited:
  • Spicy
Hagen Greyjoy

New King's Landing - Stark mansion - Meeting room

Even though Hagen was, since the beginning, obviously disinterested in giving any higher importance to today than he had believed it deserved, the ironborn also made no effort to play it down. Politics was something he was involved in by chance, not by choice. That on its own granted him more than enough right to be annoyed by it, and with Kaylee feeling the way she did, as well as having no information of Hawke and Maya, it was a given that lord Greyjoy's mood was anything but improving.

But that was alright. Unlike lady Lannister, he had no other image to maintain but that of an eternally displeased and raw lord of the ironborn, and at least in that aspect, it always played in his favor. Allowing Kaylee her time of silence and pondering gave him time for his own introspection. The Titan halted firmly once they've reached the mansion. Hagen remained in the background after a few final quiet words of encouragement to Kaylee that went ahead as previously agreed. It didn't take any convincing for him to understand the need behind it. And, granted, it wasn't much about how lady Lannister passed her free time, but more about who she passed it with. An ironborn was the least desirable one to be the point of her interest at any time if she was to make any significant progress with other lords and ladies of the mainland.

Approaching what seemed to be an initial welcoming committee, he simply nodded off to the formal greetings thrown his way - shallow and calculated in their intent to serve only to address the title, not the man behind it - before leading his horse into the stable as no stableboy seemed to be willing to deal with the beast more than they should have. Lord Greyjoy strictly rejected any further meddling with the reigns of his horse once he had dismounted and took them himself, leading the animal into the stable against the polite protests of those present. It was quickly made clear that it wasn't of any jeopardy to his honor for his foot to step into the busy stable and accommodate his already well-groomed horse; something highly unexpected for a brute, as per words of a stablemaster once he was completely sure the ironborn was no longer able to hear it.

Once inside, he was greeted by the pair of guards, just as formally as before. Complying with their request, he allowed them a visual inspection for any unnecessarily sharp objects he may be carrying. He wasn't. When the inspection has been completed, he was escorted towards the meeting room, through the hallways full of advisors and servants, chatting within their circles.

Approaching the well-ornated door at the end of the hallway, Hagen suddenly grew extremely tired of the sound of double footsteps following behind him and so he halted half-way through with guards halting somewhat clumsily at a respectful distance behind him.

"My lord", one of the men addressed the ironborn. "Is there a problem?"

He was inclined to say yes. Yes, there was. He quickly darted his glare over a few curious ones around them, before he smirked confidently, turning around to face the guards. "I appreciate your company, gentlemen. But I can take it over from here, I believe."

"All participants are to be escorted and announced, my Lord", the guard on the left was quick to respond but just as quick to add "With respect to your request. Of course," lowering his head ever so slightly as per the rule book. Hagen's piercing glare lingered on the man briefly.

"I was invited a while back. There is no need for more announcement than that."

"We would appreciate it if you would allow our hosts and other guests to be aware of your presence beforehand, my Lord", the other one spoke up with a little less humility which earned him a certain dose of respect from lord Greyjoy. Even so, Hagen rejected the notion with a brief chuckle. "I stick out like a sore thumb and you would like to have the room acknowledge me. Correct?" Silence and confusion stretched in between the guards. "My, I am not sure whether that is a greater insult to me or everyone else in that bloody room," he added with a grin of enjoyment over their apparent discomfort. The more daring of the two perked up to speak, but he was met with a dismissive wave as Hagen turned his back on them, resuming his way towards the meeting room.

"I am quite sure they'll manage without your aid. Have a wonderful day, gentlemen."

Stuck in a position where agreeing or disagreeing with anything the ironborn threw their way could be considered an insult to at least one of the present highborns, they were left with little choice but to fall back. Approaching the door, he halted briefly as it opened unexpectedly, with a young boy rushing out and in a hurry grazing his right side. And even though it did more to bounce the boy back than to even sway Hagen, the boy quickly recovered with a look of terror on his face as Hagen stared down at him with his eyebrow lifted in question.

"Lord!", the boy exclaimed forcing himself to dart his glare towards the floor, flustered and nervous. "M-my Lord I-I am so sorry I...hah…" It was a pure mystery what Baratheon saw in the scrawny little boy like Selmy was, but perhaps that was the point. Out of everyone that would be present in the room, Baratheon had to be the most unpredictable one.

"Busy morning, isn't it?" Hagen offered the squire a quick line to climb out of the gutter he rolled in with his insecurity.

"What… Yes! Very…". Selmy rushed to respond forgetting about the formalities. Something he would scold himself for on his way down the hallway and all the way out of the castle. Lord Greyjoy, however, found it very amusing. "I can only imagine," he nodded with a smirk, patting the boy on the shoulder, generously enough for his small frame to sway back and forth. "I would say use this time to get some rest, boy. But these muscles need work. You better get to it while the big man is busy", he jested before passing Selmy to enter the room.

"My lord, y-yes my lord!", the young squire agreed with a delay, at loss for better words to lord Greyjoy's approach. Another thing he would scold himself for all the way out.

The room was already fairly filled when he walked in confidently, although to a certain point struggling to hide his lack of amusement. Regardless, a respectful greeting was in order for the sake of starting it off on the right foot.

"Ladies. Lords", he addressed formally as he stepped further into the room studying its layout. "Wonderful morning, isn't it?" It was a question he did not expect to elaborate on. He had heard sound advice once; when you have nothing nice to say, talk about the weather. It seemed to be the most obvious and the plainest things made for the best fillers to make a walk between the entrance and the chosen seat a little less awkward. He seated himself on the side that was still relatively empty, as furthest as possible from both Eddard Stark and Kaylee Lannister as seemed to be an unwritten rule through the ages.

Acting on the previous agreement, Hagen made sure not to give too much extra attention to lady Lannister, other than a few curious glares that perhaps were to be expected. Just like any other Ironborn, Hagen was known to have an eye for beautiful women. Not paying her well-measured attention of a predator that would catch the eye of the others at the table, he believed, would have been an even bigger questionmark on that entire ordeal. After all, she was supposed to be all of the Westerlands staring at their insolent neighborhood's first man. Private lives aside, now that he thought about it, it was a very amusing premise.

@DayDreamer
@Sailor Arti

Last edited:
Arley Baratheon

Baratheon Estate ---> House Stark Mansion - Meeting Room
Time:
Morning

It was an eventful evening, but Arley could not complain about the amount of sleep he had during the previous night. Perhaps even the most out of all. It was not the first-time meeting for lord Baratheon, although it was the very first one of such importance, but even so, getting up and getting ready in the morning hardly brought any nervousness along... which could not have been said for a plethora of his on-hand servants, rushing around him to prepare him for the meeting as he calmly enjoyed his tea. Merry was the loudest of them all, but after years of it, he had learned to tune out her bossing every other servant around. Everything was rushed with Merry. So unnecessarily rushed.

"My Lord, if you will", she finally referred to him when she divided all the chores. "I would need to see that your garments are at their best. Good appearances, my Lord. Good appearances! It is a big day."

"Indeed," Arley mused coldly as he proceeded to sit sideways at the table, his long legs crossed and his gaze staring blankly ahead while he brought the cup once again up to his lips. Obviously, it was a big day. He needed not being reminded that it was, in fact, very important. He failed to understand why people insisted on bringing up the obvious as a clever way to start a conversation or even maintain it for that matter. At one point in time, even small talk required some effort. This was… well, nothing, but as his ethics dictated, he had to offer a proper response to the maiden's attempt.

"It's quite a peculiar thing; dressing up." The handmaiden frowned lightly, perplexed by the statement. "My Lord, I am sorry I am… not quite sure what you mean by it."

"How complicated it is perceived to be to dress well," he clarified, sparing her any unnecessary details. "As a blind man, I am fit to eat on my own, move on my own, ride and use a sword on my own and yet!" He exclaimed, pausing briefly to lay the cup back on the table with admiring precision. "I am deemed unable to dress on my own."

"It's just the details, my Lord" Merry responded submissively as she stood in place, unsure of whether she was to proceed with her intent. "I am more than convinced that you are well capable of dressing yourself, my Lord. I am here only to make sure nothing is missing. No different than any other handmaiden would do." It was a shot in the dark, albeit not completely off without knowing where the target was. With Arley Baratheon, the most mundane ways of saying things could have been an issue while on some other, more open provocations, he would react calmly and with tact.

He remained seated quietly for a moment, before sighing and grabbing the armrests on the chair to lift himself up. "You have a point. I am purposely preventing you from doing your job. I apologize."

"P-please don't, my Lord. There is nothing to apologize for!" Merry insisted on approaching the stag, even though his sincerity brought out a bright rosy color to her cheeks. "Now!" She perked up and clapped her hands. "Let's take a look. If you'll allow me," she asked just in case, and only moved in after Arley straightened up with his arms extended, nodding to the woman to approach freely and fix any mess he may have done.

"We will just do this… And tighten it up here… And maybe a bit more cloth here…", her words drifted in and out as she was turning around Arley, every once in a while, adjusting one or two places before moving on.

"I appreciate your patience, Merry. I thought I would be due telling you that."

"Nonsense, my Lord! Please. It's my pleasure!" She chirped back at him with a bright smile on her face as she did a few final adjustments to his richly ornate vest, admiring the head of a stag on his chest for a brief moment.

"Whether that is true is something you would know about", he smirked humbly. "You and Alvia are truly a tremendous help. Which reminds me, actually. Have you seen Alvia? I would like to discuss something with the girl. She doesn't seem to be around this morning."

Merry paused as she took the time to think about it, and perhaps to fizz out the envy in her tone that threatened to creep out every time the girl was mentioned. "Not that I can recall, my Lord. Perhaps she got up earlier this morning and went to the market."

"Ah. I see. Very well then, could you tell the girl to meet me in my study once we are both around?"

As much as she would love to have been able to ask of more details, Merry knew by now that it would only serve to ire the lord. "Of course, my Lord. As soon as I see her."

Funnily enough, what happened to just accidentally slip off of maiden's mind was that the girl hasn't returned to the estate since yesterday afternoon and that the handmaiden spent time ranting about the insolent brat not being there to help in the kitchen; but only briefly. After a while, she stopped caring.

It seemed that his squire made up for the entirety of the nervousness that rightfully belonged to him since the first step into the grand mansion of the house Stark.

"Tyne, dear boy. Are you alright?" Lord Baratheon asked calmly once they were checked and escorted in. The boy jerked slightly, hurrying to respond. "Of course, my Lord! All is well," he chuckled nervously, speeding up to catch up with the group every once in a while.

"Truly? It seems to me like you are more nervous than you have any rights to be."

The young boy inhaled and paused, unsure of how to express what was on his mind. "It perhaps isn't my place, nor my knowledge to give any thought to it but, it is easier said than done. I am worried, my Lord."

"Nothing wrong with that, Selmy," the stag reassured him calmly. "It merely means you understand its importance and, more importantly, you care. A squire needs to be engaged as much, but perhaps you are once again in a rush to grow up. Enjoy the easy tasks and prepare for the hard ones for now, and I will make sure I do not daily ou or your family on this meeting."

"I fail to see how that would be the case, my Lord. The Stormlands would not show you the respect they do if you were not worthy of it. Truly."
Lord Baratheon did not respond. Instead of disappointing the boy with all the things wrong with the Stormlands and their support in the past few years, he simply nodded in response.

Lord Baratheon's greetings to everyone present seemed to go on forever in Selmy's mind, still overloaded with him being in the presence of so many ladies and lords of great importance he otherwise would take years to meet or would not meet at all. He did an admiring job ignoring the need to run straight back out through the door and aiding lord Baratheon with his pilgrimage around the table and to his seat.

He did his homework, learned all the words, all the respectful gestures, and all the appropriate moments to speak, and even so, he couldn't help but feel that he should have done better. He greeted lady Lannister almost mechanically once she approached Arley's seat and silently scolded himself for not showing more respect the lady deserved. Through an overload of emotions in his mind, it took Arley calling out twice to catch his attention.

"My Lord?" The boy offered nervously, and Arley chuckled, waving his hand dismissively. "I am alrighty from here on out. I doubt you would be allowed to participate even if you wanted to. You are free to leave for now." The words came out as a long-awaited reward, and Tyne did not need to hear the instructions for the second time.

"By your leave, my Lord", Selmy excused himself, distancing from the table. First backward, until he was at a distance respectable enough to turn his back to the highborns and rush straight through the door, nurturing a small panic attack that built in his chest.

And still, no visible reaction from the stag. Even when the ironborn walked in moments after, and he was again reminded of how 'interesting' the meeting could turn out to be, Arley remained seated looking calmer than ever.

Zea of Lys

Random slum house in the New King's Landing
Time:
Morning

"Shit. Shit. Shit!"

After several sets of pacing back and forth across the loose wooden floor, another set of loud thuds sounded underneath her feet and a loud male voice shouted, causing her to abruptly stop and squeeze her eyes and her fists shut in an attempt to mitigate the murderous mood she found herself in. "Go make fuckin' noise somewhere else! This is an honest household! Is there a horse up in there?!"

"We paid," She started, first through her teeth, then amplifying it up to the point where she was shouting back through the floor. "An insane amount of money for this shithole, you dick! And if I want to walk around or have a horse in here, I fucking will!"

"Ye well, if ya don't get yer ass and yer ape lover and 'is filthy dog outta 'ere by noon, I'm reportin'!"

"Asshole!"

"Whore!"

"UUGH!" She concluded the argument with an aggressive growl. The flame on the still burning candle in the corner danced upwards in a small fiery twister, but quickly dispersed into nothing once Zea loosened her fists and fell quiet for the first time that morning.

"Fucking prick…", she grumbled under her breath to no one in particular, staring at the floor, her deep frown and her piercing violet orbs partially covered by the curtain of raven hair. She was thinking. She was trying to think. To bring her mind back where it needed to be; to be practical. The matter of fact was that the fighter in her was tired. So fucking tired of the place, the people, the shitty situations she kept finding herself in. But it was also a matter of fact that she would suck it up and make it work. As always. Sure, she was in this mess not completely by her own fault and yes, she was now possibly the most wanted woman in the New King's Landing and, of course - because why not make things even more interesting - she now had to deal with an issue possibly bigger than all of the guards of New King's Landing combined. And for a moment, right after she met eye-to-eye with the assertive First Sword of Braavos, she thought of surrendering to the guards instead.

Cornered, she was dangerous, and Yadon Maegyr knew it well enough to let it slide that one time. But it was just a matter of time he would find that she was an exhausted mess just waiting to be disposed of. It wasn't the thought of being disposed of what scared her the most but being broken in the process. And while jail and perhaps even an execution would not have her batter an eye, falling into the grip of the Tiger of Volantis was a whole new level of terror she wasn't capable of enduring.

But it was only a matter of time, she felt. And it was slipping away.

From the corner of her eye, she observed the large man on the other side of the room and his dog, never too far away from where her master was. Right. Then there was all that. For the first time in as long as she could have remembered, Zea of Lys found herself in debt which she couldn't brush off and move on. Whatever was to happen to girls was no longer her concern. She wrote them off as soon as they fell into Maegyr's hands. And maybe for the best. They were nothing but trouble anyway, and everything that would come to them was their own fault; and that was the easy part of the entire ordeal she quickly concluded and no longer returned to.

But Torsten did nothing to be treated like a criminal. All he did was aid them through at his own expense, with nothing in return.

"Nothing in return," She spoke up as she threw her head back and inhaled deeply, calming herself. The world needed more men like him. More people like him and… A lot less people like her. But even more than that, being in his presence made her uncomfortable and she was a coward. Walking away was the easy way out of the weight of the consciousness she didn't believe she had.

Composing herself and coming to agreement with the words she was about to say, she cleared her throat and struck her usual confident pose as she approached the man.

"Listen here, Blondie. It was fun, but we gotta get this over with," she spoke assertively. "While I appreciate your help with everything, I am tired of dragging additional weight with me, and I am sure you are too. I am leaving this dump alone and moving on. Before I leave, I will show you how to get out of the city unnoticed, but that's it. You're on your own from then on. I am sure you'll manage." She nodded confidently. "And ignore everything here, including the damn brat. None of it is any of our business. Not anymore."

@DayDreamer

• Creepy
Yadon Maegyr

Temporary Essosi diplomatic residence in New King's Landing

Koujaku.full.2739466.jpgThe cat meowed coarsely, announcing his presence just before he rubbed himself affectionately against the master's legs.

"Asier", Yadon addressed the animal with a smirk, remaining fixated on the small dagger that he was spinning on the stone table. "Good morning." The cat purred louder in response, its eyes fixated on the face of Braavosi, until the man turned his glance away from the blade, down to the animal. The dagger was still spinning on its point, lightly held between the stone surface and Yadon's index finger. Even with him disracted, the axis remained unchanged.

"Well you certainly aren't hungry so what is it?" He asked, lifting his eyebrow in question. "Or are you suddenly developing a soft spot for western food?" The cat didn't move nor blink for the longest time. A displeased "Tsk…" escaped from First Sword's lips as he inhaled a cloud of smoke from the rolled herbs that burned in his mouth. "Not quite, old friend. You need a bit of tinkering," he smirked at the animal, petting the white spot in the top of its otherwise pitch-black head. Bright green eyes remained fixated on his face, and the animal let out another 'Meow' before finally blinking and averting its gaze when the servant approached the table.

A slender, tanned man with androgynous features and a lot of colorful accessories and piercings halted several steps away, lowering his gaze towards the cat. It glared back only briefly, then walked away as silently and as quickly as it had appeared. Once the animal was out of the eye's reach, the mysterious male spoke up in a flat, measured-out tone.

"First Sword," he addressed Yadon with a nod. "Young women are awake".

"Ladies, Seth. They are referred to as 'ladies' here." The man did not respond. Yadon sighed as he pressed the small remaining piece of the roll against the stone, extinguishing the embers. "Very well. Please direct them to the study and offer them to drink and eat whatever they wish. I will be there soon." The messenger did not question the instructions he was given, even though he knew very well that any attempt of eating or drinking anywhere near First Sword's precious materials was an immediate dislike and the end of all discussion. Young women had to be important enough to be allowed such a thing.

The dagger stopped spinning briefly before the man left, and the First Sword returned to observing the two students practicing in the yard with only light clinks of thin metal blades outsmarting each other. He sat for a few more moments, head propped and an expressionless face, until the duel stopped and both young men turned towards him with their faces just as expressionless; waiting.

As if he pondered on where to begin, Yadon darted his gaze from one to the other, just to rise up and shake his head briefly, tapping the tip of his own shoulder and then his right hip. "Again", he instructed briefly as he walked away. Immediately, the young men returned to their positions and started anew. Perhaps the tenth time since the early morning, and there would be ten more if the First Sword instructed so. They obliged without complaint and executed the order even without its giver present.

The Tiger of Volantis moved quietly and gracefully towards the study, almost making no effort to move his limbs. No haste. No visible urgency. Everything was to come at its own time. There were some serious problems Westeros seemed to be having without being as much as aware of yet; something that worried him as much as one was to worry about the weakest link in the potential alliance that the Sealord hoped to establish. Not quite the first impression he had hoped for, but his hopings were always arbitrary enough to leave some room for improvisation. After all, coming back to the Sealord with bad news was the very last resort.

Eloise Baratheon was a strange girl - elusive and clever. That much was evident immediately after receiving her under his wing. But even as such, he had a hard time wrapping his mind around the fact that a child like her would pose enough threat for anyone to pull off such a foolish attempt as to harm her. A peculiar highborn being of such great interest to Westerosi factions… On its own, it hardly made any sense to him. What could the child possibly do? Being exhausted and confused, he did not insist on a lot the evening before, but for both girls to get a good night to rest, to end a very eventful day, and clear their minds enough to provide him with some proper insight. Naturally, he was more than pleased that they were both safe and sound, but there was more to deal with than to dwell on a single temporary relief for too long. Now that they both were taken care of properly, with the best accommodation possible, he required a word.

As he opened the door, a soft smell of patchouli oil escaped the room. It was a spacious, well-organized study with materials, some vials, and a few peculiar artifacts neatly arranged within the space. Only necessities were brought along. As requested, the table in the middle was rich with exotic breakfast content, fruit not seen in Westeros, and different beverages to choose from, and both girls were invited to take as much as they pleased. A graceful woman that kept them company, straightened up and nodded when he walked in. She was just as slender and as tanned as her twin brother, and just as decorated, with a peaceful tone to her voice and soft, warm eyes, in contrast to her brother's cat-like sandy ones. "Valar morghulis, Ēlī Egros", she greeted as per habit, every morning when she would encounter Yadon for the first time for a day.

"Valar dohaeris and good morning, Shani", he responded with a brief smirk. The woman did not acknowledge his wishes of good mornings nor did she respond with a smirk on her own, but lack of confusion from Yadon clearly signalized that it was common. Without saying another word - and not like she usually was a talkative one - the woman exited the room with barely a sound, leaving them to it.

"And good morning to you, ladies", he referred to the young women in the room once the door behind him closed. "I hope your accommodation is satisfying. Please, feel at home", he offered generously, even with his posture and his expression still maintaining disciplined neutrality only without the usual indifference. He moved in with arms folded behind his back, soon joining them at the table, content with the setting.

"That was quite the ruckus you've made yesterday, Baratheon. Even for you, my dear. Highly unnecessary", he insinuated calmly, with a smirk just visible enough to break the scolding tone of his words. "But. All is well that ends well, I suppose", he mused further. "What were you doing there in the first place, however, is beyond me". It was a more approachable way of asking questions, without actually asking them. He found that it often worked very well with the western highborns. Awaiting Eloise's response, he fixated his gaze at the other girl, studying her. A servant, no doubt. "You seem awfully quiet, girl. Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable?" The First Sword asked with sparked curiosity.

You can set them wherever before the meeting s long as they are in the room before him. What they find in the room (if needed for any descriptions) is also arbitrary. The woman that was with them when Yadon showed up was the one that accommodated them since the previous night as the only woman in the estate. Her Common Tongue is very basic and she overall speaks very little anyway. Other than that and the given description, go wild with this NPC or any others you may need.

@DayDreamer
@Nemopedia

Last edited:
  • Creepy
Eloise Baratheon

They had stood at the dock for a long while after that. Hugging in reconciliation, answering questions to the best ability, and waiting… The voices on the docks were numerous and there were many voices that sounded. Over the years Eloise had learnt to pick up on them, filter out which ones she could trust and which ones were best ignored. Teachings that she could have studied upon in Essos, but that didn't matter anymore. None of it mattered now that she finally had returned home.

"The circle is full," Eloise mumbled to herself that morning, repeating the words that one of the breezes had constantly repeated to her as she had waited. Two strange figures had picked up on the maid and the noblewoman, two servants that had soon brought her in front of a man who seemed to ooze the sort of wisdom that just clicked with the female. A power that was familiar, yet strange, but so much more potent and in control. It was what she sometimes imagined herself to be, but these were bitter thoughts of the morning. Thoughts she rather not indulge in.

He wanted answers, she was sure and Eloise was trying to ask the wisdom in that from the winds. Was this man, this priest, or magician, was this man to be trusted? The winds were inconclusive about it, vague even. All the young woman got was that she had gone circle and all Eloise could judge from that was that she somehow had managed to end up exactly where she needed to be.

If that was good or bad was to be seen.

"Alvia, try this! Just how you like it!" Ever the chipper one Eloise had wasted little time to ease herself at the table of their mysterious host. Undaunted and unafraid, perhaps mistakenly to be believed as naivete Eloise had tucked into the various foreign items set on display. The berry that Eloise had presented her handmaiden was a sour little thing, obviously not meant to be eaten alone, but the noblewoman had managed to keep a straight face nonetheless as she consumed it and wished to trick her anxious maid. After all, it had been too long since her last prank and Eloise was sure that Alvia was still anxious in some ways that needed to be squinted out.

Just then the host walked in, graceful and tall, confident and still with that air of mystery that Eloise started to associate with a smell of spices despite the lack thereof. It was just the air he brought in, one that the female still couldn't determine if she could trust.

"Good morning master!" the female spoke up with a chirp, already popping another sweet berry in her mouth to counter the sour that she just bit into. She wasn't sure why she felt like referring the man to such a title, but his demeanour commanded respect and the winds told her that he was important to her despite the lack of a clear identity.

"I couldn't be asking for anything more after you so kindly took us in, though it puzzles me how quickly you have identified me."

Eloise had been wondering about that for a while. It had been years since she had last been seen. Enough time for her to be pronounced dead by the rest of the world. Yet this man had not only correctly assumed her identity, but taken her in without question of whatever drama she was involved in other than the one she had caused.

"It seems that the years outside have dulled my manners, I have indeed wasted a good leg of turkey on these men," the female continued nonchalantly, unabashedly and unapologetically, "though, everything for my Alvia who hasn't found her voice, still," Eloise smiled as she folded her hands together, meeting the man's eyes headon. Though, for all the voices she heard Eloise couldn't read eyes as of yet other than see the flames of a soul that could teach her a lot. A master indeed.

"My only curiosity in this matter is what you wish from me. You know who I'm and what I'm, undoubtedly you also know of my story," Eloise's air and demeanour, energetic and lively before turned into something more serious; it was the woman she had become over the years, "to speak bluntly; Westerosi politics are ugly as they are intricate. Don't you fear the names behind my story?"

Cutting straight to the point the Baratheon lady could only allow the master, the first sword, the opportunity to back out now. She had already involved far too many in the messes from which she was born.

• Spicy
ALVIA

It had been all too much for Alvia. She had only been as scared only twice in her life before. When her brother was arrested and when jealousy had reared its ugly head in Storm's End a year ago. However, being with Eloise felt natural. It made everything better and a good night's sleep in safety, despite a healthy dose of distrust and fascination for the exotic sight of the Essosi, was all it took for the young maid to switch gears and fall back on her role as young Baratheon's handmaiden. She just couldn't wait to return to Lord Baratheon's estate. He would have been beyond himself upon meeting Eloise once more. It had pained Alvia greatly when she saw him mourn and neglect himself on the wake of news of her disappearance.

However, Eloise wanted to interact with their savior more before joining her brother once more and Alvia really had no say in the matter. There was little she could do other than guide her to his temporary residence in New King's Landing. The woman that had tended to them, Alvia found surprisingly easy to communicate with, despite the language barrier. Perhaps it was because, she couldn't speak and had learned to convey her thoughts through gestures that had allowed her to do so.

"Alvia, try this! Just how you like it!" Her Lady's voice brought her out of her thoughts as she was eyeing the various artifacts of the room curiously. She turned her head to see a small berry being held out to her and she took it with a thankful smile. That smile turned to a grimace as the sour taste punched the inside of her mouth and she glared at Eloise with an exasperated huff. The only sound she had made the entire time she had been to the Essosi residency. "You really are back!" She signed with the all too familiar amusement and annoyance that her pranks usually brought to the young maid.

That was when the Essosi noble decided to enter the room, greeting them pleasantly and dismissing the woman that was keeping them company all this time. Like it was the most natural thing in the world, Alvia curtsied in response to the man's greeting and returned to her usual spot a respectful distance behind Eloise, ready to serve with a neutral expression. This was going to be a discussion she would have nothing to say and yet the man seemed to not be willing to ignore her like other nobles would when it was time to talk business with her Lady. The way he studied her made her nervous. Though his gaze held not the hunger of the men in her past, it still felt threatening to her. Lucky for her, Eloise was the one to speak for both of them and a small smile of gratefulness and something else, less happy, played on her lips as her eyes focused on her Lady and her lamenting of the turkey leg that was sacrificed on the men that had bullied her.

While she stayed silent, she was listening intently and her mind was racing. She had had the privilege of being asked for her opinion or for her observations after a meeting had been over while she had tended to Lord Baratheon in the years that his sister was absent and she had proved that her mind was not to be underestimated.

-----------------
OOC: The plan is to get Eloise, Alvia and Yadon to the manor and the meeting before I post in the meeting again. That way we keep things a bit easier to follow.

• I'm SHOOK
Yadon Maegyr

Koujaku.full.2739466.jpg
While he still held a curious gaze on Alvia, studying her demeanor, her lady was quick to fill in for her. "I couldn't be asking for anything more after you so kindly took us in, though it puzzles me how quickly you have identified me." Maintaining his polite smirk, Yadon nodded. "On the contrary. Perhaps it would have been of your benefit if I hadn't taken so much time. But alas. I hardly had time to assume responsibility for you in the first place," he mused on, quickly grabbing a small piece of pink fruit off the table and treating himself, leaving a bit of healthy silence in between. After all, it was a young woman's time to speak.

"It seems that the years outside have dulled my manners; I have indeed wasted a good leg of turkey on these men. Though everything for my Alvia who hasn't found her voice, still," Eloise said, and it made the First Sword chuckle. "The noblest sacrifice for a good friend," he agreed, studying the image of the lady Baratheon and her handmaiden, filled with healthy defiance that was hard to ignore. Not much of a surprise.

"My only curiosity in this matter is what you wish from me. You know who I'm and what I'm; undoubtedly, you also know of my story," Eloise spoke up once more, this time on a serious note. Arguably, the one he was more comfortable with. "To speak bluntly; Westerosi politics are ugly as they are intricate. Don't you fear the names behind my story?"

Yadon stood silent for a moment, a mild smirk remaining on his lips. Even with the gaps in her memory, the young woman remained aware of the situation's complexity. At least what Kaylee described Eloise and her family as held some water.

"For better or for worse," the First Sword replied. "Politics of Westeros are as much of my concern at this time as those of Essos. And that, truthfully, comes with a bit of tactic from my side. But also a fair portion of goodwill," he added, strolling across the room. "I do know of your story. And as tragic as it may be, it is a lesson and an opportunity to grow for you. It is also an opportunity to present Essos properly on the way in for me. I do not fear the names that are behind that story. Names do not interest me," he pointed out calmly. "Each of us carries the weight of our decisions, and I do not wish to meddle in personal affairs. My goals are diplomatic."

The first noticeable thing about Yadon Maegyr was his practicality. Depending on the angle observed, it would come off as cunning or intriguing, but it was, never the less, practical above all. The heads of Essos in the Free Cities ignored Westeros as a poor, underdeveloped cousin. The Long Night had shown them that there was only a narrow sea between the two, and they were not unreachable. It also had shown them that Westeros is not oblivious of their worth, and that opened many doors they were reluctant to venture through. But Braavos saw the issue as an opportunity; the one First Sword now acted on.

"I respect and deeply appreciate your wish to be as straightforward, and I am happy to oblige," he nodded humbly. "I wish only two simple things, lady Baratheon," Yadon cut to the chase as he straightened up. "With priority, I wish for you to accompany me to the assembly of Westerosi ladies and lords that I am invited to participate. Your brother deserves a piece of mind before any big decisions are made in the name of your noble house if you agree. Besides, I am sure he can offer you both much better accommodation and protection," he observed them both, offering a friendly smirk.

"And secondly," he quickly got back to the point, reaching down into the loose pocket of his garments. Soon after, he lifted a nicely ornated blade he retrieved from the back of one of the men the young woman had mentioned. It indeed confirmed that the two were in the same place simultaneously. He was curious to know more. "I would like to know what happened to the woman that had this blade?"

@DayDreamer
@Nemopedia

Last edited:
  • Spicy
Eloise Baratheon

She didn't enjoy the tone the master took with her, pedantic, facetious. But Eloise held her tongue as she continued to hear him out. Of course the tale had taught her something, it had forced her to explore the world like she had always dreamt of. Just like that it had forced her to open her eyes that without her fancy titles she was not so wilfully left to her own devices. Her childlike manners from the days before wouldn't do anymore, they never had, but without her name to protect her there was no justification to continue either. Hard lessons, bitter classes, she did not need this man to tell her so.

When the master produced the blade Eloise's expression momentarily fell, a worry crossing her eyes as she recognised the item. Of course she did. Her constant companions for the past few years. How could she forget them? But she schooled herself once more, assuming her air as nobility once more, though that lady-like smile that should always be amicable and pleasant was missing. It would not do for her to fall into a fret like men often wanted women to be. Eloise refused to play into that trap.

"Get to the point," she spoke evenly, finding that the man was much too droning, much too long-winded. Once Eloise had the patience for them, but not anymore. The flagrant speech of nobility could get lost on her, their praise and false sympathy stolen. She had no time for schemes, not when Zea had lost her knife.

"I would love to rejoin my brother, but I don't see why it should be with you," she responded cooly, eyes shifting from the item back towards the man. "I'm sure he has been anxious, if not depressed," she continued a morose smile appearing finally as she thought of poor Arley. Her dearest brother.

"As for that blade," Eloise addressed the item once more, a frown setting on her face as she wondered how much trouble she was with both Zea and Torsten. The woman was most certainly ready to skin Eloise, but the Baratheon knew that Torsten was not all that forgiving himself either. Not when his patience had been used up, and seeing the loss of the knife that patience might have ran out just nearly.

"The fact that she lost it means that something happened," Eloise admitted finally, a deep sigh escaping her, "but for where they are I'm not too sure." And that alone was an anxious thought.

With that pronounced a wild bundle of energy could be heard from another room, the yelps of servants, the clattering of plates, and then a heap of muscles tackled into the lady, a wet snout pressed into her face and a high-pitched whining followed.

"Down Nya," Eloise was quick to command, pushing the dog off her as her eyes had their usual glitter returned, a plan forming in her mind. It would be easy to use Nya, smart as the dog was, eager and loyal!

"That woman and the man with her have been my saviours and constant companions these past few years. If anything, it is them who most deserve the honour of bringing me back to my brother," Eloise announced, her eyes turning up towards the master before she returned to Nya, rubbing the pet on the head before reaching out to the table and pulling down a sausage to feed the dog. A treat eagerly appreciated.

"If you wish to persuade my brother through me I would love to assist after that we have found my friends."

Yadon Maegyr

Koujaku.full.2739466.jpgImmediate recognition painted over the young woman's face did not escape Yadon. It felt like progress. He was ashamed to admit that, regardless of her boastful nature without a justifiable base, Zea of Lys was a rather sly and slippery beast. But at the very least, he now had a person to address the issue with. Eloise's reluctance to elaborate on the presented item further only served also to convince him she knew more than she gave away. That was alright. He was a patient man.

"Get to the point," sounded a simple request from young Baratheon, and the First sword met it with hardly any visible reaction. Westerosi youth was so impatient, so hasty. It was a pattern that seemed to be a grave flaw in both their lives and their diplomacy. He had seen it before, and it appeared that he would continue seeing it with younger generations, and therefore, he wasn't surprised. There was a time for everything, and Yadon chose to follow instead of lead.

"Very well," he responded calmly, studying the defiant face as he swiftly stored the blade back into his pocket. He listened to Eloise's reasoning patiently, with a smirk. There were arguments he could think of, but he wasn't required to respond just yet. Quickly enough, Eloise proceeded to address the issue of the blade previously presented. "The fact that she lost it means that something happened, but for where they are, I'm not too sure."

It was nowhere near a satisfactory answer he had hoped to get, but it was something. And that something, Yadon acknowledged with a nod. "I see," he noted to himself. It was at least of some satisfaction to him that the girl did not lie.

The ruckus rose somewhere in the other room just before the First sword addressed the lady's concerns. Quickly after, an overly excited dog stormed in, rushing straight to Eloise's side. Initially taken aback by the unexpected intruder, his attention was briefly taken by a distraught servant, running in after it.

Seeing the First sword staring at him, the man stopped in his tracks, mumbling a respectful apology in Valyrian, at which Yadon lifted his hand and silenced the man before he wordlessly gestured him to walk out. It was already in. How did it get there was a different matter for another time. Not waiting to be told twice, the servant excused himself and walked out.

"That woman and the man with her have been my saviors and constant companions these past few years," Eloise proceeded. He had reserved his right to doubt the praise. At least when it came to one of the two. "If anything, it is them who most deserve the honour of bringing me back to my brother," she insisted further. "If you wish to persuade my brother through me I would love to assist after that we have found my friends." Yadon's eyebrows lifted as he observed the hungry dog.

"It seems that we had a bit of a misunderstanding here, lady Baratheon", he addressed her calmly. "I do not intend to use your trust to convince your brother. I'd like to think I am still capable of constructing my diplomatic discourse," Yadon smirked, making his way around the room. "That said, I would undoubtedly benefit from showing that Braavos has every intention to cooperate. And that is the only remotely selfish reason I have." Pausing briefly, it seemed as if he had decided on a more direct approach. "I cannot speak for the other person involved, but Zea of Lys is not your friend, nor a savior. Don't be fooled into thinking you were anything but insurance for her. It would not have been the first time she played around with the wrong people for her benefit." Truthfully, he had a hard time believing the witch could wish to save anyone else but herself.

"Of course, I could help to search for them and to have them do the honors, but I believe we both know that would not be a good idea," Yadon pondered. "Allow me to put things in perspective, Eloise," he proceeded politely. "You are an heir to one of the Great Houses of Westeros, and its representative, your brother, participates in a historic meeting. I believe it is also held in one of the best-guarded places in New King's Landing today. It means that to reach your brother, you would have to push your way through rows and rows of guards that have no idea who you are," he explained patiently.

"Doing this alone, or with your lovely handmaiden," he smirked and nodded respectfully towards Alvia, still standing patiently in her place, "Is almost a guaranteed failure. They will not take your word for it, and they will certainly not disturb the meeting to investigate. And even if, for some miraculous reason, they did bring this up to your brother. Well," he paused, turning back towards the girl. "You've been missing for years without anyone knowing what has happened to you. Would you like to debate on how many times you were allegedly found or have allegedly returned? A blind, broken lord would have been a perfect target. Except, your brother is hardly a fool. He would likely deny your audience himself," Yadon smirked briefly.

"And this is only to answer your previous question. Add the two wanted murderers of which one is sought by both Braavos and New King's Landing, and you may as well end up in the dungeons along with them. I wish to spare you the torture and grant you easy access back to your old life, after which you are free to vouch for your friends. And by all means, credit them as deserved. I can only speak of what I know, and I will not deny your words as you were there. As I previously stated, my role as the First sword is purely diplomatic. Whatever you wish to tell your brother is none of my concern," Yadon concluded.

"Whichever you decide on, I suggest you make your decision quickly," the First sword instructed, making his way across the room towards the exit. "I will be concluding the training in the courtyard in about fifteen minutes, after which I will take my leave. I would be honored if you would join me, lady Baratheon. However, if your wishes are different, I am ready to respect them. I do advise you with best intentions to think this through objectively."

@DayDreamer
@Nemopedia

• Spicy
Eloise Baratheon
The female, or perhaps she was still a girl, coloured at the master's words, her breath hitching as she tried to keep herself firm and tall, her eyes slightly narrowing when he continued to speak and speak a lot. Zea was insulted, she felt a little slighted in that old Westerosi way. She had been out of the scene for too long, clueless of the current state and what was ongoing and it was showing in the way the master had played out the cards on the table for her, carefully, clearly.

Worst of all, she had changed. She had changed so much. She had been barely sixteen when she left and now that she had returned she was a woman aged nineteen, though she hadn't flowered yet for some reason or another, but she had reached of age by all means. Three years was a mighty long time, especially when youth was involved.

Sometimes, when Eloise caught a glimpse of her reflection, she noticed the changes she had undergone. Not too drastic, she wasn't a Faceless, but enough to be noticeable. And though her brother couldn't see he could still feel and he could hear.

"Alvia, you recognised me. How?" Eloise asked after a silence fell between, her thoughts mulling as she left the man to train. Her appetite from earlier had faded as she sunk into herself, her eyes downcast and her feelings anxious. Three years was such a long time, she knew that, for it was enough for her brother to take up the official mantle of the Baratheon house. What would that have meant for her parents? Eloise was almost too scared to ask what more had changed in the three years.

Did it matter, however? Eloise had come to the city to reinstall herself as the rightful lady Baratheon. That had been her only intention, the rest were childlike frivolities that she had taken for granted until she was put into a position of powerlessness and helplessness. The master had proven so much to her. Gritting her teeth Eloise clenched her fist before she shot up from her spot, her spirit returning as she made up her mind.

"Arley is too smart not to recognise me," she exclaimed in fervour before striding over to the courtyard where the master was still training, her usual grandeur and smile returning as she waved the man over.

"You haven't told me your name yet. But we will have all the time for that as we go see my brother, just like you wish," she stated, "and maybe there will also be a little more that you can tell me," she continued with a skip in her step. Though it didn't feel good to leave her friends in the dungeons, Eloise knew that if she played her cards right she would soon have the power to do so independently without having to rely on anyone else. Besides, from the way the master had spoken of Zea she didn't want to imagine what Zea was about to say about him, for it didn't sound like they had a good relationship at all.

But first. Focus on.

• Spicy
Yadon Maegyr

Koujaku.full.2739466.jpgUndoubtedly, he highly appreciated the girl's will to oppose and run deals in her favor. It was a good base for a good ruler, the one that could take care of herself. She would have been an excellent student if the circumstances so allowed, and perhaps, one day, she may as well be. But plenty of obstacles had to be taken down first before he was to consider returning to teaching rather than acting on. The biggest immediate one was diffusing the tense situation between the Known World's two massive pieces. Braavos sent him to gain the upper hand over other Free Cities that still refused to see eye to eye. The upper hand he shall provide - with or without the young lady's assistance.

The First sword nodded towards the two students acknowledging - for the first time that morning - the progression of their skills. Every one of the younglings under his wing either quickly grew accustomed to the fact that Yadon was never impressed or promptly abandoned the practice altogether. Those left were scarce and hard-working but handsomely rewarded just as well.

"Very well," he stated briefly, unsheathing his sword and entering the improvised arena between the two students. It was enough of a cue for both males to prepare their attacks and clash their blades with Yadon's.

"L-lady! You must not! Please..."

The ruckus did not go unnoticed, but the soft sound of swords colliding proceeded undisturbed as one of the servants rushed out into the courtyard after lady Baratheon, horrified with the fact that the practice was disturbed so disrespectfully. The man remained at a distance, unsure of what to do. Quickly, he brought his hands together and profoundly apologized to the First sword from behind Eloise that stood and carefreely requested Yadon's attention. It was bold enough to make him smile, and he acknowledged it with a nod.

For just a split, the young student darted his eyes sideways towards the two young women, but it was more than enough for Yadon to disarm him and point the tip of the sword against his chest.

"Done," Yadon announced with the second opponent officially defeated. The male assumed a formal stance until the First sword dismissed him.

"Maidens will be around to watch you dance," he spoke loud enough to be acknowledged by both of his students. "But if you cannot delay the courting, then do not take the sword." It sounded harsh, but instead of opposing him, the male again bowed to him respectfully, then repeated the same polite gesture towards Eloise before leaving the area.

"I take that you either have an answer ready for me or distracting my students was the way of asserting dominance," the First sword jested, handing his sword over and dismissing the upset servant as he approached Eloise.

"You haven't told me your name yet. But we will have all the time for that as we go see my brother, just like you wish," she told him without hesitation, and Yadon smiled, pleased with the girl's decision. It would have made things significantly more manageable when it came to trusting. "And maybe there will also be a little more that you can tell me," Eloise suggested with a chirp.

"A fine deal, lady Baratheon," Yadon demonstrated a fair amount of respect towards her decision with a slight bow of his head. "Once you are reunited with your brother, I will be happy to answer to the best of my abilities." Sealing the agreement with a decisive nod, he gestured back towards the estate.

"Now, if you ladies are ready to depart, we should be making our way. After you," he offered. He found it very believable that the maiden did not wish to wait for any longer than needed. It was something they both agreed on. The sooner the ice was broken in; the more time will be left to learn the currents laying beneath.

@DayDreamer
@Nemopedia

• Creepy
Eloise Baratheon
Somewhere Eloise felt bad for leaving Zea and Torsten lost in New King's Landing for longer than they needed to be. But the female reasoned that they were both adults that had taken care of her over the years since her amnesia and that they were more than capable. It was time for Eloise to grow capable and independent now, instead of dependent on the kindness of others. It was time for her to reclaim her power and possibly to bring down those who had brought her down.

"Brought a little lass with ya?" the guard sneered at the stranger who had brought her. Eloise barely recognised the man herself and didn't fault him for questioning her presence despite the obvious Baratheon features in her appearance.

"Most would address me as 'my lady'," was her response thus, a curt smile on her lips as she let her highborn accent that came so naturally sound through. Nothing that convinced the guard anymore as he was about to guffaw, another vile response on his lips as Eloise's eyes burnished in an ire and hate that had been previously unknown before her disappearance.

Nothing that would have the guard shut up. For standing in front of him was a no one in his opinion. Someone that was less than a human in his shriveled soul and small existence. All based on her mere gender, so Eloise had learnt was the reality of those born in less privileged circumstances.

"Speak now and I can assure you that you will be out of a job and later a tongue," Eloise promised, her voice low and interrupting and for the first time in years she assumed the full air of nobility again, the same air that Zea would hate her for.

"Let them pass," a male voice interrupted the little altercation, a hand appearing on the guard's shoulder, as if to warn him. "These are highly honoured guests that you don't want to offend," the new stranger spoke and Eloise's blue eyes moved over to the sleazy face of a bearded man who had more schemes on his mind than sense. Eloise left him to be, however, already happy for the help.

And just like that Eloise was allowed to pass, mysterious smiles, scheming smiles, deductive smiles, all types of smiles, all but honest ones, surrounded her. Smiles that all brought her steps closer towards her brother, towards home.

Nervously Eloise grasped for Alvia's hand, pinching it lightly as she followed the bearded stranger.

• Spicy