When The World Ends, Legends Are Created. (Sign-Ups and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LoliNinja
Thank you for submitting a CS, but I would advise you to look at the other sheets here.
This is an advanced/High-Level Roleplay. The first thing I would suggest is go to the OP and read the classes/races. If your elf is 25, she is a child as the Elven race matures dramatically different than a human. Your battlemaster is lacking detail, specifically in the skills area. Having an original ability is well-welcomed here but you really need more than just one.
I'm not saying that I don't appreciate the CS but spend some more time on it, if you need help with formating and what not let me know and I'll help in anyway I can!

EDIT: IC WILL BE UP TODAY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well all of you guys have that special format but I don't know how to make it like that. And I can add a third ability into my abilities and such plus I'll up the age to 110 or something

Well all of you guys have that special format but I don't know how to make it like that. And I can add a third ability into my abilities and such plus I'll up the age to 110 or something
Send me a PM and I can help you with that! c:

Well this looks like an awesome RP so far... space for another one???

We have ONE space.
Make sure to reference the other CS' to see how the format should be.

UPDATE: I AM POSTPONING THE IC THREAD UNTIL TOMORROW EVENING.

Having some awful keyboard issues right now and trying to get it fixed. See you guys tomorrow.

The IC is nearing completion. I doubt I will have it up tonight before I crash but I will definitely release it tonight. I don't want to give you guys a bad first impression by releasing something that isn't up to my own standards. Thank you for your patience everyone (Also gives those who haven't completed a CS to do so.)

HERE IT IS BITCHES

It's not as long as I would've liked it, and I admit I am rushing it out since I feel awful for not having done it yet.

Welcome to Telraidia folks.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Is this RP still accepting?

Is it okay if I go with an assassin subclass for a rogue?

Name
Jaks

Race
Human

Class
Rogue (Assassin)

Height
5'7"

Weight
158 lbs

[stabs=bcenter|110%]
{slide=Appearance and Personality|center}
Appearance:
Jaks' appearance is anything but remarkable at first glance. His black, messy hair is long enough to cover his blue eyes but are usually swept aside. He is strong, his body well built but not enough to gain the attention of any passerby, and his skin is rather fair as he usually covers himself when going outside. Jaks usually wears light colored clothing with a brown cloak in public. When on a job, Jaks covers himself from head to foot in dark clothing, wearing gloves, mask, and dyed leather armor.

Personality:
In general, Jaks seems indifferent to his surroundings, shrugging off questions and seemingly ignoring what others are saying. In reality, Jaks is a very observant person. He is constantly studying the people around him, listening to rumors and whispers.

Jaks is cold to people he does not know too well, preferring to keep conversations at a minimal. He is not hostile to them, merely indifferent and uncaring.
To people he does like, Jaks shows his more tender side. He cares for them, is angered over them, worries for them. To these people, Jaks is loyal to a fault, willing to risk limb and life for them.
To the people Jaks dislikes, the assassin does little to hide it. He talks harshly with them, picks fights, mocks them, etc, etc. If he dislikes them enough, Jaks will not hesitate to attack them at the first opportunity he gets.
{/slide}

{slide=Biography|center}
Jaks was once a boy, born and raised as an orphan in the slums. He saw the other orphans as his family and did whatever he could to protect them. While the older children used their strength to bully the weaker ones, he did whatever he could to protect those with him. Despite this, he often found himself beaten by the physically superior bullies. One night, upon picking himself from the ground after another beating, Jaks had an epiphany: he would never beat the bullies by fighting them head on. That same night, Jaks, taking a makeshift knife and some wire, went and murdered the bully in his sleep. Over the next several weeks, he hunted and executed several other people in the slums.

During this time, he attracted the attention of a nearby assassin's guild. The guild approached Jaks with a proposition: become an apprentice of one of their own and the guild will take the slums under their wing. Jaks quickly agreed and left the slums and his friends behind.

Jaks would eventually acquire his first successful hit at the age of 14. At the age of 17, he had become a full fledged member of the guild as a killer, loyal only to his guild and executing his targets without mercy or question.

All this changed when Jaks, for the first time since he had left, returned to the slums he was raised in, only to find it in an even worse condition than when he had left it. Drugs were taken like food or water, gangs constantly waged war for control over the streets, the friends Jaks had left behind had either taken to drugs, prostitution, or suicide. The guild had kept their promise of taking the slums under them but did little to keep it from falling apart.

Angered and feeling betrayed, Jaks spent several years cleaning the slums of its criminals before turning his blade against his own guild. He joined a rival assassin's guild and worked under them to weaken his first guild. He jumped to several other guilds, always working against the guild that had trained him. Although he never completely destroyed the guild, Jaks' constant attacks eventually reduced the guild to a handful of assassins hiding in the shadows.

Jaks eventually split off, becoming an assassin for hire, loyal only to the highest bidder. A job, requesting men and women to help some princes and promising good pay and adventure, has recently captured his attention.
{/slide}

{slide=Class, Weapons, and Skills|center}
Class Specialization:
Rogue (Assassin)
Weapons:
Rapier
The rapier is Jaks' favored melee weapon. Although primarily a thrusting/stabbing weapon, Jaks keeps his rapier's edge sharp, allowing him to use it as a slashing weapon as well.

Dual Knives
Because the rapier is not an easy weapon to hide, Jaks carries two knives that he uses as a back up. These knives can also be thrown as projectiles.

Shortbow
Jaks' primary ranged weapon. Its history is unknown (Jaks had acquired it after looting the house of a rich man he had killed) but it is enchanted so that the arrows fired from this weapon are able to curve towards its target. The arrows will not trace the target, only bending its trajectory slightly.

Crossbow
Another weapon looted from the dead man's home. Although not enchanted like the shortbow, its curious design as well as its impressive stopping power was enough to make the assassin pick it up on the way out. The crossbow can only fire a single shot before having to be reloaded.

Class Skills:
Sneak attack (Self explanatory)

Cripple (Whether using a melee weapon, a ranged weapon, or unarmed, Jaks knows the best way to damage his opponent in a way to render their limb(s) inoperable, making them easy to either catch or escape from)

Mirror image (Jaks is able to cast several illusions of himself in a range of a 30 ft radius. These illusions are capable of moving independently but are all intangible)

Mimic (With a little practice, Jaks is able to copy another person's stance, movement, and voice, letting him effectively disguise himself as another for whatever purpose)

Skills:
Stealth
Unarmed combat
Cooking
Poison brewing
Medicine brewing

{/slide} {slide=Strengths and Weaknesses|center}
Strengths:
  • Maneuverability - Jaks has had to use his feet rather than his fists to escape trouble before. He is incredibly acrobatic, capable of scaling walls, jumping large gaps, and easily avoiding obstacles and traps.
  • Stamina - Jaks is capable of running for an extended period of time, something that has saved his life more than once.
  • Immoral - As long as what he does gets him what he wants, Jaks is uncaring as to who is affected in what way. The only exception is to his friends and whoever else is close to him.
  • Flora knowledge - Jaks has experience in many different plants, including herbs, poisons, antidotes, and medicine.

Weaknesses:
  • Hot headed - When angered, Jaks is prone to letting his emotions guide him. This makes him reckless, though the object of his anger is not completely safe either..
  • Weak - Although not frail, Jaks is not the best at taking hits. As long as he keeps dodging the blows coming from his enemy, he'll be able to stay in the fight.
  • Immoral - Even though his immorality lets Jaks make crucial decisions without hesitation, it also makes Jaks no better than any of the people that he once hunted.
{/slide}
[/stabs]

Last edited:
Who hasn't been getting notifications? This guy. .__.

Double post, here we go!

If anyone is needing help with coding, I'm putting a fill-in-the-blank CS template down below. If you need help formatting your CS just let me know. c:

[spoili]
Code:
[solid=select your colour]
[imga=right]paste your image URL here[/imga]
[CENTER][SIZE=select your size][FONT=select your font][COLOR=select your colour][B]Name[/B][/COLOR]
Name here[/FONT][/SIZE] ((copy and paste those lines as many times as you need to populate information))
pasted line
pasted line
etc.
[/CENTER]

[stabs=bcenter|110%]
[SIZE=select your size][FONT=select your font]
Info goes here
[/FONT][/SIZE]
{/slide}

{slide=Biography|center}
Info goes here
[/FONT][/SIZE]
{/slide}

Info goes here
[/FONT][/SIZE]
{/slide}

{slide=Strengths and Weaknesses|center}
Info goes here
[/FONT][/SIZE]
{/slide}

{slide=Misc.|center}
Info goes here
[/FONT][/SIZE]
{/slide}

[/stabs]
[/solid]
[/spoili]

If that is still unclear, I'm also linking my complete CS code so you can see how it looks when filled in.

[spoili]
Code:
[solid=#CA5100]
[imga=right]http://i.imgur.com/oR9AsCx.png[/imga]
[CENTER][SIZE=5][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Name[/B][/COLOR]
Vhallinian Gale
(Vhallin)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Gender[/B][/COLOR]
Male[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Age[/B][/COLOR]
29[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Race[/B][/COLOR]
Tiefling[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Class[/B][/COLOR]
Ranger[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Height[/B][/COLOR]
6'2"[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Weight[/B][/COLOR]
223 lbs[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]

[stabs=bcenter|110%]
[SIZE=4][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Appearance:[/B][/COLOR]
The first impression many get from Vhallin is one of intimidation, and not without reason. Tall, broad, and well-muscled, the tiefling hardly needs any help in making himself seem imposing; add to his physique two sets of pointed horns, a long, sinuous tail, and elongated canines that could be the envy of any vampire legend, and the man is downright frightening. To most, anyway. If one were to put those eccentricities and pointed ears aside, however, Vhallin looks largely human. His complexion is tanned from his time spent outdoors, offset by bright green eyes and dark auburn hair. While it's often obscured due to clothing, Vhallin has dark reddish brown mottling spanning his shoulders, lower legs, back, and hips, turning to a solid colour near the base of his tail, leaving the appendage to contrast with his otherwise "human" complexion.

Like most whose livelihoods involve weapons and combat, Vhallin wears his share of scars. Most are along his arms and chest, covered by clothing and armor; the most noticeable is a dark, horizontal mark running across his left cheek, long-healed with age. He typically sports leather armor over dark, earth-coloured clothing and is often partially concealed by a dark and rather worn-looking traveling cloak. Fortunately (in Vhallin's opinion) he does not have cloven hooves like some tieflings, though his feet are still elongated in [URL='http://i.imgur.com/Crj4zsS.jpg']digitigrade[/URL] fashion, ending in clawed toes. [SIZE=3](His fingers would also be somewhat clawed, though he makes it a point to keep the nails filed short.)[/SIZE] As such, he wears customized and non-restrictive leather strapping to protect his feet. Leather armor, similar to his chest guard, covers the top portion of the base of his tail.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=andale mono]He speaks the common language and has a moderate accent. [SIZE=3](Think Northern Ireland)[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Personality:[/B][/COLOR]
In contrast to his formidable appearance, Vhallin is a rather laid-back individual. That's not to say he won't step forward when the need arises, but he is often quiet and unassuming. The best description for his personality would border on "shy," though that trait isn't one people associate with someone of Vhallin's stature. Most social situations find the tiefling feeling a bit awkward and unsure of exactly what to say, so he often remains silent. His silence is often perceived as being too aloof or unconcerned with others, or that he is merely too stupid to understand the situation. Of course, neither of these are true, but Vhallin is seldom bothered enough to correct such assumptions. In fact, Vhallin is remarkably educated for someone of his profession; he was fortunate enough to learn how to read and write, and rather enjoys books-- though he seldom has the opportunity to read them.

Perhaps one of his more dominant personality traits is an innate desire to protect others. Nothing can stir him to action faster than a threat to innocent lives or people he cares for, and he would lay down his own life in exchange for another without a second thought. He harbours a strong dislike for unnecessary loss of life, and tries to refrain from killing whenever possible.

A patient individual, Vhallin is highly tolerant of physical hardships and pain, as well as biting comments and ignorance. He is, however, incredibly difficult to dissuade once he's set his mind to something, and he will pursue a goal with unyielding tenacity.

Vhallin is inherently kind and willing to trust others, but certain events have led him to be far more discerning about the people he opens himself to, and getting him to warm up can take considerable time.
[/FONT][/SIZE]
{/slide}

{slide=Biography|center}
[SIZE=4][FONT=andale mono]Vhallin's life, like many others, has been one of ups and downs. He has seen the duality of human nature, and has experienced both the kindness and cruelty that derives from it.

Born to a (seemingly) human mother who was unaware of her heritage, Vhallin was not a welcome surprise. Repulsed by her child's inhuman appearance, the woman made to drown the baby-- but found she hadn't the heart. Instead, she took Vhallin into the forest and left him to the mercy of the wilds. Fate smiled upon him, however, and his desperate cries drew the attention of an old man returning from the hunt. Undaunted by the tiefling's appearance, the huntsman took the baby home. Having retired from his job as a guide, the hunter had settled in a small home deep in the words to write about his life and live out his days in peace; but with his wife gone and no children of his own, he was glad of the chance to raise a son.

As Vhallin grew, he learned about the forests and the wild, about animals and monsters alike, and how to live off the land. He learned the art of the bow, how to track and to hunt, to lay traps, and to follow streams and rivers. The old hunter taught him how to navigate by using the stars, and how the world worked in a balance with all things living. Vhallin was at home in the forest, and took to the hunter's teachings with diligent enthusiasm. A sharp mind and steady nature saw him excel in his efforts, turning the boy into a efficient tracker and marksman.

The man also taught the boy to read and to write-- skills the man had wished he'd had in his own youth-- and explained that strength and wisdom should never oppose one another, and that hard work and kindness were the foundation of happiness. And happy the two of them were; father and son brought together by a kind hand of fate.

Fate, however, is a fickle thing.

Shortly after Vhallin's fourteenth year, the sheltered forest home was attacked. A group of mercenaries had traveled through the nearby village and caught wind of the isolated family, falling upon it in the night. In the ensuing struggle, the old hunter was killed and Vhallin bound, beaten, and taken to a city across the sea. He soon learned that the mercenary band received generous payment for the capture of young men and women to be trained for "The Pit." The more promising a candidate, the higher the reward.

"The Pit," as it were, was an underground organization that pitted fighters against one another for the sole purpose of profit. Unlike champions and gladiators that fought for glory or fame in public arenas, pit fighters had no say in their participation of the underground fights. After their "purchase," a fighter was subject to their "proprietor's" whims. Of course, none of the money from fights was ever seen by the fighters. Most led short lives, never seeing more than the outside of the small rooms in which they were forced to train and sleep, and the jeering faces of audiences.

Upon his arrival, a dull sword was pushed into Vhallin's trembling hands, and he was thrown into an arena with nineteen other candidates and given one condition: the last five still living would be trained as combatants and permitted to live.

His large size and quick reflexes ultimately saved him, and would continued to serve him in his following years as a fighter. For several years he let that life break him. While some fighters seemed at peace with the blood on their hands, Vhallin could feel only loathing-- for himself, and for those who had forced him into this new and unwanted life. Some fighters were so horrified by their own actions and those of others that they took their own lives, but the tiefling could never find the strength to end his own suffering. Instead, Vhallin fought back in the only way he could-- by refusing to kills his opponents.

While this was initially poorly received by fighters and proprietors alike, Vhallin had begun to regain a sense of self and slowly encouraged his peers to do the same. Outraged, the proprietors tried to bring an end to the charade by pitting the combatants against one another in a battle royal-- to cull the weak-minded. Instead of fighting one another, however, the combatants turned on the proprietors and audience, cutting down those who had forced them to endure lives of violence and pain, and leaving the city behind them.

Unsure of what to do with himself, Vhallin took odd jobs until he had saved enough to buy equipment that would facilitate a life as a guide. During his five years of enslavement, the need for guides and bodyguards had steadily increased, and he was surprised to find such a demand. Thanks to his rather intimidating appearance, finding work was a remarkably easy feat, and he quickly took to his old teachings once again, wanting to honour his father's work as a hunter.

He has twice returned to the northern land of his birth, though his work sees him mostly on the central continent. His most recent venture has led his across a notice calling for experienced men in women to aid in travel, which he means to accept. [/FONT][/SIZE]
{/slide}

[SIZE=4][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Class Specialization:[/B][/COLOR]
Hunter

[COLOR=#ca5100][B]Weapons:[/B][/COLOR]
[B]Bow[/B]
Vhallin's weapon of choice and the one with which he has the most experience. His favoured bow and the one he usually carries with him is his [URL='http://i.imgur.com/tno4yp9.jpg']longbow[/URL]. His keen eye and steady hand make him an excellent marksman. The weapon is rather plain-looking, but Vhallin has no need for elegance. Due to his size, he is able to use a large bow with a heavy draw weight, making him all the more dangerous a hunter.

[B]Sword[/B]
While Vhallin is proficient with a sword, he prefers not to use it if possible. Unfortunately, not every situation can be handled with a bow, and he carries the [URL='http://i.imgur.com/tgw1NWh.jpg']longsword[/URL] more out of necessity than anything. His preference for a longsword is due to its lighter weight and shorter length than a greatsword. Like his bow, the weapon is quite plain.

[B]Knives[/B]
The twin [URL='http://i.imgur.com/ogFg3dk.jpg']hunting knives[/URL] Vhallin carries are mostly for utility. They have seen tasks from cutting rope and branches, to finishing kills and dressing game. They have also saved him from a few tight situations when swords and bows were impractical. They are the most elaborately designed weapons he carries.

[COLOR=#ca5100][B]Skills:[/B][/COLOR]
[B]Mark Quarry
Tread Softly
Eagle Eye
Rough Terrain
Endure[/B]
[/FONT][/SIZE]

{/slide}

{slide=Strengths and Weaknesses|center}
[SIZE=4][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Strengths:[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[LIST]
[*][U]Survivalist[/U] - at home in the wilderness; he is able to hunt, trap, forage, construct makeshift shelters, and build fires with nothing but what nature provides; he can navigate quite well using the sun and stars.
[*][U]Maneuverability[/U] - despite his size, he's quite agile and the unique design of his legs and feet are all the more helpful in rough terrain; he's an astonishing jumper and climber, and surprisingly acrobatic.
[*][U]Endurance[/U] - capable of extended exertion, especially running; he is also capable of taking some pretty severe beatings and getting back on his feet.
[*][U]Moral Compass[/U] - he's a genuinely kind individual, and will always try to (within his ability) do what he believes is right; loyal.
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ca5100][B]Weaknesses:[/B][/COLOR]
[LIST]
[*][U]Non-Magic[/U] - he doesn't have a shred of magical ability in him and is forced to compensate with physical effort; somewhat more susceptible to offensive magic, as he has little means of deflecting it.
[*][U]Stubborn[/U] - once he sets his mind to something, it's a hell of a trick to get him to desist, even if it's in his own best interest.
[*][U]Wallflower[/U] - people often perceive him as aloof and unapproachable or too stupid to merit attention; he has about as much charisma as he has magical ability. [SIZE=2]His appearance doesn't help much, either. [/SIZE]
[*][U]Overly Selfless[/U] - will go out of his way to help others, often at great risk to himself; sometimes comes across as though he has a death wish.
[/LIST]
{/slide}

{slide=Misc.|center}
[SIZE=4][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Pronunciation:[/B][/COLOR]
Vhallinian [vah-LIN-ee-in]
Vhallin [VAL-in] [SIZE=2] the short "a" sound is used[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=andale mono][COLOR=#ca5100][B]Player:[/B][/COLOR]
OwlFeather
PM friendly/Open to plotting

Credit for art goes to "Warp Zero" on Deviantart [SIZE=3](personal edits have been made)[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
{/slide}

[/stabs]
[/solid]
[/spoili]

A helpful tip on BBCode I've been given is that you should always, always close your tags in the reverse order they were opened. Otherwise, the parser starts closing tags for you and causes all kins of problems.

Again, if anyone has any questions just speak up! Someone will be happy to help. c:

Last edited:
@OwlFeather Mind if I copy and paste that into the OP? I've been meaning to make a coded format but just haven't gotten around to it. (You're such a life saver.)

@Jesham A quick look over before school. Looks good but I haven't delved too deep into the sheet.
The Biography isn't quite up to standards. The one thing I am looking for more than anything is a character with a fleshed out background. This allows me to have a good focal point as I move the story forward. each character will have time in the spotlight and if I don't have much to go off I can't give that character too much to go with.

If you can, try to format the CS as well. If you'd like help I'd be willing to format it for you. And like Owlfeather said. Any questions are well welcomed here!

Go for it. c:

If you need any coding for stuff done, just let me know.

What's wrong with his formatting? Looks readable and serviceable to me.

What's wrong with his formatting? Looks readable and serviceable to me.
I don't think there's anything wrong with his layout-- I think Ikari is just going for a standardized CS look? Not sure. I know some GMs make a separate CS thread and post only those in there for reference and, for some, I think it's a stylistic thing.

That's a lot of assumption on my part, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.