When The World Ends, Legends Are Created. (Sign-Ups and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dekonic

Original poster

• [fieldbox="A Call To Those Listening, Mediumpurple , solid"]
    "This will be our world. The world of Esslia will now know the wrath of us Fogborn. Flee for your life impudent creatures, warn all of mankind the Reckoning is upon them."
    The First Warning.

It had been seven moons since the first sighting of the ominous mist that left nothing more than total death upon a far-away countryside. Heavy fog rolled through leaving nothing more than bones and destruction. It was as if a million voices cried out only to be suddenly silenced forever. Buildings remained unscathed while anything that once was born of flesh covered the green grass in its entirety.

A sickly king rests upon his bed with a final wish given to his youngest of three sons. A boy not yet attuned to the cruel ways of this reality. Bequeathed upon him are the dying breath of a king too great to ever succeed. The young boy turned leader watched with teared orbs as life faded from a man thought to be entirely invincible.
    "Go my son, in the name of thy kingdom. Gather our allies and warn them of this great danger."

Lost to the world of responsibility the boy turned to the only person he could trust, the eldest of a trio of prince's and a loving brother, for advice on how to tackle such an enormous task at hand. The elder brother took the task upon his own shoulders leaving the kingdom to the hands of the late King's trusted council-people. In the dead of night two siblings departed from a devastated port carrying nothing more than the bare essentials for survival at its most primitive of forms. Their arrival upon the far casted port-town was ill-received, unwarranted look of displeasure as if their appearance was nothing short of an omen. That was when postings began to appear around the posh city of Telraidia. The message was simple, sweet and to the point.

"A young prince and his brother are seeking the aid of experienced men and woman to aide us on a journey to the far continents. Paying well in gold, all expenses for travel will be paid in full. Bring nothing more than your skills and experience and combative essentials. Any of those interested may meet us in the port-side inn four sunrises from the first festival."

And so, they two brothers waited for anyone... anyone at all... to answer their call.​
    [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="History of Esslia, Mediumpurple , solid"]
    They call themselves The Fogborn, or so the myth says. Old folklore spoke of such entities calling them nothing short of civilized world’s absolute worst nightmare. Most bat their eyes at such a tale even though talk of such demons was quite common in the world of Esslia. It is a world shared by many species and races as well as a plethora of demonic monsters known as ‘Fiends’. These monsters make traveling between distances even as small as village-to-village nearly impossible without some sort of paid protection. Such a job became so lucrative that mercenary companies began to form in various parts of the worlds. As time ticked forward more and more of these companies formed creating a tensed situation as to which company controlled what territory, it was clear that such a situation was destined to implode entirely. The Red Water company encroached on the Crystal Wood company’s territory near the Blood Flats of Mag’Lan. This caused what is known as the Ferust War, sending the world of Esslia into a century-long conflict. The war settled after one hundred and seven years of greed-driven slaughtering and eventually formed what is now known as the ‘Titan Freelance Council’.

The Council found itself at a seat of power that would ultimately lead them to controlling most of the free world, effectively establishing a unified leadership that bound each continent together under a uniform democracy styled government. At first many, such as the orcs and elves were opposed to a system as their own beliefs directly conflicted with their own established ways of leading society. Tension grew once more but the Titan Council eventually came to agreeance with those who sought sovereignty. The Titan Council disbanded and formed with a newly fashioned system that allowed a representative from each government to speak on behalf of their people and principles. This gave birth to the still standing ‘Free Mason Council’. Peace finally found itself as a comfortable silence directed progress continually forward.

People of all races and talents are universally respected and recognized, especially those special enough to have been born with the natural ability to tap into the magicks. Only those born with natural talent of tapping into the special energy the flows within all living beings known as Illium. This naturally occurring energy is self-sufficient and self-replenishing similar to energy the body makes when digesting food. While using Illium won’t negatively impact the user IF used properly and therefore it must be maintained and controlled properly. Overusing Illium or attempting to cast a magic that would entirely deplete this energy leads to catastrophic organ failure and ultimately death. The user must know his own limitations before committing to a certain magick, meaning Illium can be a gift or curse depending on the potential of the user.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="A New Adventure Begins, Mediumpurple , solid"]
    Esslia Map
    ut9MgY1.jpg

What is your reason for joining such an adventurer? Do you seek the fame and riches? Or perhaps your past endeavors now haunt you in the form of debts. Need you a traveling group to aid your runaway lifestyle? Perhaps your relationship with the law requires a swift relocation. Be on a pilgrimage and require assistance in the form of extra hands. Whatever your reasoning may be this is your best opportunity.​

The main plot for this first story arc is quite simple in theory but there so much more to a story than what the cover may symbolize. In the map provided above, the group will meet for the first time in the country of Eurova in a large port-town named Telraidia. This port is famous for being a religious location in which many Paladins and Clerics start their initial pilgrimage. It is also the closest port to the western and northern continents meaning many tradesmen and merchants frequent Telraidia. This makes this city a large hub for many travelers and adventurers looking to travel inland.

The group will make its initial destination in the middle of this eastern continent in the country of Verona where the Free Mason Council is headquartered. The road is long and winding, they will cross many monsters that will attempt to take their life for nothing more than imposing on their walk. There will be bandits looking for some coin and other traveling groups that may think your clothes look better on them they do on yourself. This is no easy journey and will test the mettle of even the most ironed of warriors.[/fieldbox]

• [fieldbox="Read and Abide, Mediumpurple , solid"]
    1) This is to be a high-level of writing Roleplay in which each player is expected to contribute several well-written paragraphs with explicit character detail and forward-moving story initiations. Much of this world will be as much yours as it mine. Take advantage of this and write your best! I understand sometimes nothing creative flows and if you need to post something short please do so. Remember quality is more important than quantity. A well written paragraph will be more accepted than a 5 paragraph mess of jargon that has no cohesive meaning to the story at hand.

2) The speed of this Roleplay, I am hoping for it to be fast. I don't want our RP to be stuck for a few weeks or months and then the juices for everyone's creative drive suddenly vanishes and then everyone quits. I would like to have at least ONE new post per every seven day cycle. This is a small guideline and I do expect that everyone's pace in posting will easily outspeed this. Again, I understand life happens and things may come up so if you need more time please just let us all know!

3) Meta-Gaming/Auto-Hitting/God-Moding. Do I need to say anything about this? Don't do it. Just don't. Play your character as they would react. You may have knowledge of certain things but that does not mean YOUR Character does. I may give the name of a villain to one character or I may say it in the OOC, that does not make that information universally spread across every character participating. Play your character as if it were you in this situation.

4) Mature-Themes are welcome only if EVERYONE is okay with them. Yes there will be death and there will more than likely be romance. Be sure to ask your colleagues if they are comfortable with certain themes before posting them in the IC. It's the respectful thing to do!

5) Most importantly HAVE FUN. That is the goal of any RP. If you aren't having fun for any reason please consult me and I will see if I can change anything for you. I am flexible and if a story isn't your cup of tea just stick with it and when the next arc comes along we can build that plot together and even make your character the spotlight. I encourage EVERYONE to do this. Message me with ideas and I will try to spotlight every character evenly.[/fieldbox]

• [fieldbox="Creating Your Character, Mediumpurple , solid"]Your character is the link that combines a complete package for any Roleplay. I am giving each player a template and letting them create a world around their character. I am only requiring two things. Each character must have a race alongside a class. The second is a well-fleshed out story to go along the character. This is to accomplish two things. First it gives the character a solid anchor to Esslia and it gives me a good insight of what I can build around each character to give them their own arc of the story. If you don’t find a race or class you like in the list I provide then message me so I can build one for you!
    The Races
    Dragonborn
    Standing on average around 6'2" – 6'8" (1.88 – 2.03 meters), dragonborn are impressively tall with a heavy weight to match, commonly possessing a mass from 220 – 320 lbs (100 – 145 kg). Dragonborn feet are ended with three strong talon-like claws with a fourth claw in the back as are their hands, with the replacement of the rear claw with one thumb on each hand. A dragonborn's head features a blunt snout, a strong brow, and reptilian frills on the cheeks and ears. On the back of the head a crest of hornlike scales form what resembles a mess of ropy hair. Dragonborn eyes are usually red or gold in hue.

Dragonborn resemble in many ways what their name suggests: humanoid dragons. Dragonborn exhibit many draconic features, including a scaly hide, a large muscular body, and the capacity to use a breath weapon. The scales a dragonborn wears are scarlet, gold, rust, ocher, bronze, or brown in hue, though they in fact bear little correlation to a dragonborn's breath weapon and the scale colors of true dragons. The scales are typically in their greatest concentration around forearms, lower legs, feet, shoulders, and thighs, with a very fine leathery covering over the rest of the body. With the proper training, dragonborn can learn to unlock more of their draconic potential, even to the point of sprouting wings with which to fly, like a dragon

Elf
    Standing at average from 5'4" – 6'0" (1.63 – 1.83 meters) and weighing in from 130 – 170 pounds (59 – 77 kg). Usually, true elves are a naturally slender and athletic race. Elves have a similar range of complexions to humans, with wood elves typically coppery or pale skinned and wild elves having darker pigmentations. Often, elven hair is dark, either brown or black, with copper red or blond hair also found amongst wood elves, although orange or even green hues are not completely unheard of. Elven eyes are commonly brown, hazel, or an emerald green. Elve are fair and beautiful, handsome, and have pointed ears and no body hair except eyebrows, eyelashes and hair.

Elves mature at roughly the same rate as humans, though they are not usually considered past adolescence until they reach 110 years of age. Unlike humans, elves do not age dramatically as their lifespan comes to a close with the most obvious changes being a change in hair color, alternatively graying or darkening. Elves are nearly immortal as they can age for eternities. However, this does not make them invincible as they can be slain and die due to extreme levels of grief.

Gnome
    Gnomes are very small compared to most other races and, with an average height ranging between 3'0" – 3'6" (0.9 – 1.1 meters) and a weight range of 40 – 45 lbs (18 – 20 kg), gnomes are generally larger and heavier than halflings, though forest gnomes, ranging between 2'1" – 2'10" in height (0.6 – 0.9 meters) and 21 – 35 lbs in weight (10 – 16 kg), tend to be smaller than the Halfling.
    The skin of gnomes runs in hue from reddish tans to earthy browns or even shades of gray, with exact hue somewhat dependent upon the ethnic origin of a gnome. Similarly, gnomish hair varies wildly in color from blond and brown to more exotic colors like white, orange, or even green. Gnomish eyes are often glittering black or blue although more natural eye colors are also known to the race.

Gnomes are very long-lived, living over three centuries is not uncommonly rare and five centuries is not unheard of. Generally, the gnome is considered to reach maturity at forty years of age. However, unlike elves, gnomes show a greater degree of aging as they grow older and once a gnome has passed his or her first century, their hair begins to gray, if it was not already white, and their skin begins to wrinkle as in humans or dwarves. However, even the oldest gnome retains a vitality that would be extraordinarily unusual amongst many of the younger races.

Dwarf
    Dwarves are a short race, as their name implies, standing from 4'3" – 4'9" (1.3 – 1.45 meters) on average, with gold dwarves a bit shorter. What Dwarves lack in height they make up for in bulk; they are, on average, about as heavy as humans. A dwarf can weigh anywhere from about 160 – 220 lbs (73 – 100 kg). Dwarven males are a bit taller and heavier than their female counterparts. Like humans dwarves have a wide variety of skin, eye, and hair colors, typically pale among shield dwarves and deeply tanned or brown amongst gold dwarves. Hazel eyes are common throughout the race, with blue eyes more common amongst shield dwarves and brown or green eyes found amongst the gold dwarves.

Male dwarves are often bald and grow thick facial hair sometimes used to display social status. Unusually for humanoids, both sexes naturally grow ample facial hair though the majority of shield dwarf females shave their beards off. This hair is often dark in hue.

Dwarves are a long-lived race, though not so much as the Tel-quessir, and reach physical maturity somewhat later than humans. A dwarf is traditionally considered an adult once he or she reaches age fifty. Dwarves age much like humans but over a longer period of time, remaining vigorous well past 150 years. Most dwarves live to see their bicentennial and a few live to be over 400.

Half-Elf
    Half elves stand roughly around 5'5" – 6'2" (1.65 – 1.88 meters), making them only slightly shorter overall than humans and weigh in at 130 – 190 lbs (59 – 86 kg), making them heavier than elves but still considerably lighter than humans. Like humans, half-elves have a wide variety of complexions, some of which are inherited from the elven half of their heritage such as a tendency for metallic-hued skin and inhuman hair colors. Unlike pure blooded elves, male half-elves are capable of growing facial hair, and often do so to distinguish themselves in part from their elven parents. Half-elven ears are about the size of human ones, but like elves, they are pointed on the ends. Half-elves are also notably more durable and passionate than either elves or humans, a unique result of the two races’ blending

Half-elves usually adopt the dress and hairstyles of the culture they were raised among. However, it is also fairly common for half-elves raised among humans to wear elven clothing in order to proudly display signs of their dual heritage. Regardless of what they wear, half-elves stand out in a crowd through the combination of physical distinctiveness and force of personality.

Half-elves mature at a slower rate than humans, and can live for over 180 years.

Halfling

Halflings are small in comparison with the members of most other races, standing somewhere from 2'8" – 3'4" (0.81 – 1.02 meters) tall and weighing on average between 30 – 35 lbs (14 – 16 kg). In many ways, halflings resemble small humans and usually have the same proportions as the typical human adult. Most halflings have dark hair and eyes regardless of their skin complexion which, although commonly ruddy in hue, has a similar range to humans.

Nearly all male halflings are incapable of growing true beards, though many have long sideburns. Halfling hairstyles are often complex, with strands woven together or braided. Although halflings have an affinity for collecting valuables, they do not prefer to wear these on their person, instead preferring more comfortable clothing.

Halflings have lifespans comparable with, but slightly longer than humans. A halfling is typically considered an adult in their early twenties and some live into their 150s.

Half-Orc

Half-orcs are, on average, somewhere from 5'9" – 6'4") in height and usually weigh around 155 – 225 pounds (70 – 102 kg) making them a little taller and stronger than humans on average. Most half-orcs have grayish skin, jutting jaws, prominent teeth, a sloping forehead, and coarse body hair, which causes them to stand out from their human brethren, though their canines are noticeably smaller than a full-blooded orc’s tusks. Half-orcs as such appear bestial to humans, though amongst orcs they are considered human-like physically. Half-orc hair is most often black, though it grays very quickly with age. In general, half-orcs do not live as long as humans, maturing by their sixteenth year and often dying before their sixtieth.

Half-orcs that have lived amongst orcs might pick up a common orcish tradition, that of ritual scarring. Half-orcs with such a background do not look upon scars as marks of shame or as unattractive blemishes, but rather as marks of pride that demonstrate their skill and bravery in battle. On occasion, however, scars are used for a darker purpose, with orcs marking half-orc slaves with scars in the same manner a rancher might brand cattle.

Goliath

Goliaths are massive. They averaged between 7 and 8 feet tall (2.1 to 2.4 meters), making them even taller than dragonborn and half-orcs. Goliaths had noticeably bony or prominent supraorbital ridges above their eyes. Goliath eyes were often a bright blue or green and sometimes glowed a little.

Goliath skin is often gray or brown and extremely tough (often compared to stone). One of the most distinctive features of the goliath is the darker (often vertically symmetrical) patches of skin that cover their entire bodies. Goliaths believe that these markings somehow explained or controlled their fate or destiny. For this reason, goliaths never tattooed themselves as this could affect their future. Goliath skin is littered with bony growths called "lithoderms". These growths are roughly the size of a coin and appeared like studded pebbles on their arms, shoulders, torso or head.

Tiefling

Tieflings tended to have an unsettling air about them, and most people were uncomfortable around them, whether they were aware of the tiefling's unsavory ancestry or not. While some looked like normal humans, most retained physical characteristics derived from their ancestor, with the most common such features being horns, non-prehensile tails, and pointed teeth. Some tieflings also had eyes that were solid orbs of black, red, white, silver, or gold, while others had eyes more similar to those of humans. Other, more unusual characteristics included a sulfurous odor, cloven feet, or a general aura of discomfort they left on others.

In many other ways, tieflings were similar to humans physically. Tieflings were, on average, just as tall as humans, from 5'6" – 6'2" (1.67 – 1.88 m) and weighed just a little bit heavier at 140 – 220 lbs (64 – 91 kg). Tiefling skin was usually human-like in color, though extending past normal human colors into reddish hues as well. Tiefling hair was often the same color as human hair as well, though dark blue, red, or purple were also common shades amongst the race. Although it was not always the case, tieflings tended to have better reflexes than their human kin. This, along with their natural propensity for hiding and deceit helped to give tieflings a reputation for thievery and duplicity.

Tieflings who had strikingly inhuman features were often killed at birth by their horrified parents or others. Only those tieflings with subtle features or born to someone indifferent to their appearance, either out of acceptance or cruel purpose, were likely to reach adulthood. Those tieflings who did reach adulthood could be expected to age at roughly the same rate. They also lived for about the same amount of time.

[fieldbox="The Classes, Mediumpurple , solid"]
    The Classes

Barbarian
    Barbarians were mighty warriors who rely on their strength and incredible toughness, characterized by a bestial rage empowered either by ancestral totems and nature spirits or an inner passion for violence. Barbarians were less versatile than fighters but were tougher and capable of dealing heavy damage to their foes much more quickly.
    Path of The Berserker

Where some barbarians drew upon the essence of nature and primal magic for their power, barbarians on the Path of the Berserker instead relied on their own fury and unbridled bloodlust to pull them through a fight. As a result, Berskerers relied less extensively on primal magic and instead focused on improving their rage ability. When a Berserker raged they could enter into an even deeper state of primal fury known as a frenzy. While frenzied, a Berserker was capable of attacking more quickly, although such effort eventually tired them out. Raging Berserkers were also utterly fearless and immune to the effects of charms.

In addition to possessing an improved version of regular barbarians' rage ability, Berserkers were also much more frightening to behold and sufficiently powerful Berserkers could actually cause their enemies to run in terror from them through their presence alone. Experienced Berserkers also maintained exceptionally good battle reflexes, allowing them to strike a retaliatory blow to anyone who injured them in a fight
    Path of The Totem Warrior

Barbarians with a more spiritual side pursued the Path of the Totem Warrior, a calling which enhances barbarians' capacity for primal magic and forging a strong connection between them and their spirit animal. The spirit animal chosen by Totem Warriors - which was often related to their particular tribal culture - granted them a number of supernatural abilities, such as the ability to carry extra weight, enhance the ability of their allies in battle, or even fly a limited distance in short bursts. Additionally, Totem Warriors also sometimes took on physical features similar to their spirit animal, such as excess hair or unusually colored eyes.

In addition to the abilities mentioned above, Totem Warriors also gained the ability to cast druid spells such as beast sense or commune with animals as rituals. Their ability with these spells were somewhat limited compared with that of a druid, but nonetheless allowed the Totem Warrior to tap into the primal essence of nature in order to enhance their awareness or gather information

Bard
    Bards were versatile arcane spellcasters, capable in combat, art, and magic alike. Bards practiced magic as they would art or song, using their artistic talents to induce magical effects that either bolstered their allies or hindered their enemies, typically through charms and illusions. In addition to their magical skills, bards were artistically talented and extraordinarily well-learned, possessing knowledge in a wide range of fields. Bards were among the most versatile of adventurers, capable of learning from practically any trade.
    College of Lore

Given all bards’ love of learning it is little surprise that some bards prioritized it during their training. Bards belong to the College of Lore, also known as cunning bards, collected bits of knowledge from every place they can find, be it academic writings or folk tales, gathering in universities and local festivals alike in their pursuit of lore. Bards of this tradition weaved what tales and trivia they found into their stories and songs to entertain, as well as to illuminate that which they hold to be important. Uncompromising in their views, College of Lore bards' first loyalty was to the truth, which made them valuable (if occasionally brazen) advisers.

Cunning bards preferred a path of trickery and cunning, using charm and intellect together to overcome obstacles. As a result, while cunning bards were as charming as most other bards, they placed less of an emphasis on vitality and more of one on intellectual pursuits. Witty with insults and distracting barbs, bards from the College of Lore were capable of whittling the confidence of their opponents, reducing their effectiveness in various acts of skill or combat. Proficient in a greater number of skills than most bards, College of Lore bards were also uncommonly capable in those same skills and experienced bards of the tradition were rarely completely ineffectual at any given task.

In addition to their peerless skill, bards from the College of Lore were also versatile spellcasters, capable of learning or imitating even more spells than a typical bard. Many cunning bards preferred using wands as implements to cast ranged spells and nearly all had training as tacticians, coordinating their allies in the midst of a battle. Cunning bards sometimes also trained to become summer rhymers.
    College of Valor

College of Valor bards, also known as skalds, or valorous bards, were daring adventurers, who preferred to emulate the heroes they heard and learned of than to merely sing of them. Frequently found in mead halls or other gatherings of warriors, skalds hoped to witness heroic deeds firsthand so they may inspire future generations to similar heights. Believing that the heart should come before the mind, valorous bards were often great leaders, inspiring others to acts of heroism as legends inspired them.

Proficient in a greater number of weapons and armor than typical bards, bards from the College of Valor were also exceptionally skilled as warriors, capable of attacking more frequently and casting spells at the same time. A valorous bard might have neglected their intelligence to some small degree (though most of the tradition were still cunning) but they remained capable leaders while also improving their own durability. Many valorous bards preferred the use of short ranged spells and wielded swords as their weapon of choice. Valorous bards often make capable war chanters.

Cleric
    A cleric was a divine servant of one or more gods, serving them with martial might and divine magic fueled by their own strength of faith. As agents of a divine authority, clerics were empowered both by ritual training and their god's particular favor. Relatively rare, clerics inspired both reverence and terror, depending on their aims and who they serve.
    Domain Specialization

Knowledge
    Life
    Light
    Nature
    Tempest
    Trickery
    War

Druid
    Druids were primal spellcasters of considerable power and versatility, who gained their power through being at one with nature or through a connection to a powerful deity or nature spirit. Guardians of the wilderness, druids saw themselves less as masters of the natural order and more as an extension of its will.
    Circle of The Land

Those belonging to the Circle of the Land were among the most knowledgeable and sociable of druids, meeting frequently in sacred spaces to discuss and pass on mystic lore through the oral tradition. These druids often served as kind of liaison between the rest of druidic society and the civilized world, serving as advisers and priests to local communities that remained true to the Old Faith. Members of the Circle of the Land were generally more magically adept than other druids, gaining access to a number of extra spells as well as the ability to restore their expended magic through meditation. Their affinity for magic also gave them immunity to certain forms of elemental or fey magic, as well as to virtually all forms of disease or poison.

Druids from the Circle the Land were often deeply entwined with the land and the people they served and their primal magic frequently took on a form which reflected the local landscape. For example, a Druid of the Land living in an arctic climate could cast sleet storm or cone of cold while one living in the Underdark could instead cast gaseous form or insect plague. Likewise, druids with a moderate degree of training in the Circle were able to move through nonmagical difficult terrain such as thorns or spines with relative ease and even possessed some resistance to magical forms, such as the vines created by an entangle spell. The close connection between Druids of the Land and the wilderness they served also helped them in encounters with wild beasts or plants, who instinctively hesitated when attacking experienced members of the Circle.
    Circle of The Moon

Favored by those who preferred a more solitary path, the Circle of the Moon was an ancient association of druids devoted to the mastery of the Wild Shape. Gathering only occasionally under the cloak of darkness to discuss news or pass on warnings, Druids of the Moon often went weeks without seeing another druid or even simply another humanoid. Enjoying the flexibility their Wild Shape ability offered them, druids from the Circle of the Moon were prone to employing a wide variety of shapes, as the situation required or the druid's own whims decided; the same druid might go one day as a great cat and the following as an eagle.

The effort Druids of the Moon put into mastering their Wild Shape ability had many benefits. Even neophyte members of the Circle could shapeshift more quickly than other druids and with additional training they could employ far more powerful beast forms than those available to other Circles. With experience, more advanced aspects of Wild Shape became available, such as the ability to overcome magical resistance or to transform into an elemental. The most experienced Druids of the Moon could control their shapeshifting ability to such a subtle degree so as to emulate the effects of the alter self spell at will.

Fighter
    Fighter was a descriptive term for a warrior skilled with a variety of weapons and trained in the arts of war. A skilled fighter defined the front line of any battle, breaking through enemy ranks and holding the line while their allies maneuvered. All fighters were trained to use virtually any armor or weapon the situation required; a fighter could use an axe, a rapier, or a greatsword with roughly equivalent skill. As well as being combat generalists, most fighter also specialized in a particular skillset, such as archery or combat magic.
    Battle Master

Similar in many respects to warlords, Battle Masters were fighters who'd taken a significant interest in the mastery of strategy and tactics. At their best when supported by other warriors, Battle Masters used their knowledge of history, scientific theory, and artistry to provide themselves an advantage not only on the battlefield, but when facing other challenges as well. As such, Battle Masters were frequently skilled in seemingly unrelated fields, including various forms of crafting.

Among the most widely applicable abilities known to Battle Masters was the mastery of maneuvers, martial techniques which allowed them to debilitate enemies or direct allies in order to shift battle conditions to their own advantage. Supporting these maneuvers - which included feints, disarming strikes, and flanking attacks among many other techniques - was the Battle Master's ability to perceive the capabilities of their foes, which allowed an experienced Battle Master to correctly identify the condition and experience of an enemy they'd spent at least a minute fighting.
    Champion

Champions were the culmination of years of honed physical training, the pinnacles of weapons training and durability among fighters. Trained to the peak of mortal physical perfection, Champions were among the deadliest warriors, able to run faster, jump further, and endure more pain than other fighters.

Concerned greatly with accurately striking their opponents, Champions focused on precision weapon training early on in their career. This made Champions considerably more likely to strike an enemy than other fighters and they became only more precise with further training. Champions additionally put an emphasis on versatility and experienced Champions were well-versed in not just one, but two fighting styles. The most powerful Champions were also incredibly resilient, capable of sustaining themselves for great lengths of time in combat, even after suffering a serious blow.
    Eldritch Knight

Not all fighters focused solely on martial abilities. A few fighters, in addition to their weapons training and athletic ability, also cultivated a proficiency in the use of arcane magic. These fighters, known as Eldritch Knights, combined their martial skills with spells from the abjuration and evocation schools of magic to grant themselves magical protection or assault several foes at once. The spells that Eldritch Knights used were similar or identical to those used by wizards, whose arcane training they specifically emulated.

Combining martial and arcane power gave Eldritch Knights an edge in some respects over purists of either tradition. Like swordmages, Eldritch Knights could forge a magical bond with one or two weapons over an extended period of time, allowing them to summon either weapon to their hands at-will. Eldritch Knights were also capable of casting spells and fighting at the same time, an ability not common to wizards. And unlike normal warriors, experienced Eldritch Knights could teleport short distances or breach an enemy's magical resistance to damage. On the other hand, Eldritch Knights learned spells at a much slower rate than wizards or other pure spellcasters.

Paladin
    A paladin was a holy crusader, sworn to an oath to promote and fight for their beliefs and values. As paragons of their beliefs, paladins were granted the ability to wield divine magic by deities or similar powers. So long as a paladin stayed true to their oath, they retained the ability to wield these powers. The life of a paladin more commonly attracted good persons to it than those with malice in their heart, but evil paladins were not unheard of.
    Oath of The Ancients

Strongly associated with both druids and elves, the Oath of the Ancients was a promise to defend the natural world and all of its creatures against the forces of death and decay. Paladins who swore the Oath of the Ancients — commonly known as fey knights, green knights, or horned knights — were commonly neutral good and cared less for abstract principles like honor or freedom and more for deeply resonant sentiments like joy, kindness, and beauty. Above all else, the Oath of Ancients valued the preservation of life. It's four main tenets were:

• Kindle the Light. Through your acts of mercy, kindness, and forgiveness, kindle the light of hope in the world, beating back despair.
    • Shelter the Light. Where there is good, beauty, love, and laughter in the world, stand against the wickedness that would swallow it. Where life flourishes, stand against the forces that would render it barren.
    • Preserve Your Own Light. Delight in song and laughter, in beauty and art. If you allow the light to die in your own heart, you can't preserve it in the world.
    • Be the Light. Be a glorious beacon for all who live in despair. Let the light of your joy and courage shine forth in all your deeds.
    For their service, paladins sworn to the Oath of the Ancients were granted a number of potent boons. These paladins could use their Channel Divinity ability to turn fey or fiends and return them to their natural form if they were shapeshifted. The Oath of the Ancients allowed paladins to project from themselves a powerful sphere of warding across a radius of 10 feet or more, protecting themselves and other nearby creatures from enemy spells. The most experienced paladins could even transform themselves into a manifestation of natural fury, taking on such changes in appearance as bark-like skin, leafy hair, or newly grown antlers. This shapeshifted made paladins' spells more potent and also allowed them to both heal and cast magic more quickly.
    Oath of Devotion

The favorite of paladins who imagined themselves knightly heroes, the Oath of Devotion called upon all those sworn to it to adhere to the highest principles of righteousness, foregoing all loyalties but to the pursuit of justice and the protection of the innocent. Paladins belonging to this oath were often known as cavaliers, white knights, or holy warriors and were almost always lawful good. Idolizing angels as the servants of lawful or good deities, paladins sworn to the Oath of Devotion held themselves (and sometimes others) to an extremely high standard of behavior. The key principles of the Oath of Devotion were the following:

• Honesty. Don't lie or cheat. Let your word be your promise.
    • Courage. Never fear to act, though caution is wise.
    • Compassion. Aid others, protect the weak, and punish those who threaten them. Show mercy to your foes, but temper it with wisdom.
    • Honor. Treat others with fairness, and let your honorable deeds be an example to them. Do as much good as possible while causing the least amount of harm.
    • Duty. Be responsible for your actions and their consequences, protect those entrusted to your care, and obey those who have just authority over you.
    Although the Oath of Devotion was not a path for the weak of spirit, it did have its reward. Paladins with the Oath of Devotion were as capable of turning the undead as any cleric and could turn fiends as well. The gods of law and good who favored those sworn to the Oath also granted them access to a number of potent spells, such as sanctuary, dispel magic, and flame strike. Additionally, the purity of a truly experienced paladin of Devotion was such that they were always under the effect of the protection from evil and good spell, even when it had not been cast.
    Oath of Vengeance

While many paladins were paragons of virtue and honor, not all were. In some times and places, a different paladin was called upon, one who was willing to do what other paladins were not. These paladins — sometimes known as avengers or dark knights — were sworn to the Oath of Vengeance, a dark pact to utterly destroy the unrighteous by any means necessary. Unconcerned with honor or spiritual purity, paladins sworn to the Oath of Vengeance were most frequently neutral or lawful neutral in alignment and were sworn only to uphold the following values:

• Fight the Greater Evil. Faced with a choice of fighting my sworn foes or combating a lesser evil, I choose the greater evil.
    • No Mercy for the Wicked. Ordinary foes might win my mercy, but my sworn enemies do not.
    • By Any Means Necessary. My qualms can't get in the way of exterminating my foes.
    • Restitution. If my foes wreak ruin on the world, it is because I failed to stop them. I must help those harmed by their misdeeds.
    In order to pursue their goal of divinely sanctioned retribution, paladins sworn to the Oath of Vengeance were granted access to a number of spells such as bane, haste, or scrying, as well as a number of other powerful abilities. With training these paladins became relentless hunters, possessed of a supernatural focus that let them close in on a fleeing foe after striking them once in flight. The most powerful of those who followed the Oath of Vengeance were also capable of shapeshifting into the form of an angel, sprouting fully functional wings from their back and radiating an aura of supernatural menace into a sphere of 60 feet in diameter, frightening all but the most strong-willed foes.

Ranger
    Rangers were warriors who excelled at exploring the fringes of civilization and hunting down deadly monsters. Hunters, scouts, trappers, and assassins, rangers could be found wherever civilization bordered the wilderness. To aid them in their outback treks, rangers were trained in a number of combat techniques, survival skills, and even magic.
    Beast Master

Beast Master rangers took their strength from a primal bond with an animal companion, most often a relatively common creature such as bear, cat, lizard, serpent, or wolf, but sometimes something rarer or exotic. Through this bond, the ranger and their beast companion became a formidable team, acting out as extensions of one another. A skilled Beast Master and their companion could carry out flanks and other advanced maneuvers all on their own. As a result, most Beast Master exploits focused on this spirit of coordinated action. In general, Beast Masters emphasized their physical strength for the purpose of athletics and melee combat though agility and wisdom remained important facets of their training.

As a Beast Master and their companion grew more accustomed to working together, they became capable of several impressive feats. A well-trained beast companion could come rapidly to their ranger's aid, moving with impressive speed to help their ally or attack a shared enemy. The most experienced Beast Masters could also share their magical abilities with their beast companion, applying the effects of spells they cast on both themselves and their friend.

The strong bond between ranger and beast, which was more like that between two good friends than that found between a master and their slave, sometimes allowed beast companions to develop abilities similar to those of their bonded ranger. Like rangers, beast companions were skilled at fighting in close quarters and they also possessed the capability to act as extensions of their ranger's senses. Beast companions learned beside their rangers, improving in capability as the ranger did. When a Beast Master fell unconscious in combat, a beast companion would often leap to the ranger's defense, carrying on the fight for them.

The training of a Beast Master did not come without its costs. Though a Beast Master had an edge over other rangers in maneuverability and combat flexibility the effort of coordination meant that they couldn't act as quickly as others, dividing their time and focus between themselves and their companion. Likewise, Beast Masters couldn't take on more than one companion at a time and could only gain a new companion when their old one had either left them or been killed. New companions were also generally quite difficult to acquire, requiring a ranger to not only locate another suitable animal but to spend 8 hours magically bonding to it. For this reason, Beast Masters were sometimes trained in the use of the raise beast companion ritual, which allowed them to recall the fallen spirit of their companion. Rangers who became exceptionally close to their companions in mind and spirit sometimes became feral spirits.
    Hunter

Professional monster slayers, Hunters dedicated themselves to the eradication of deadly creatures found on the outskirts of civilization. Hunters perfected the specialized hunting techniques used by all rangers to track down and kill specific quarries. The precise target of a Hunter's ire varied significantly, from dread-inspiring dragons to hordes of orcs. Whatever the threat however, the Hunter was better trained than most to face it.

Because of the diversity of foes, a Hunter might face, their capabilities similarly differed greatly. Some techniques focused on taking down a single, massive foe, like the colossus slayer technique, which allowed tenacious hunters to wear their enemy down through repeated strikes. Others were better suited to taking on multiple adversaries at once, like the stand against the tide technique, which Hunter could use to redirect enemy attacks toward the attacker's allies. Additionally, some techniques served a primarily defensive purpose, like steel will, which gave a Hunter the ability to brace themselves against fear, making it more difficult to panic them.

Rogue
    Rogues were versatile masters of stealth, combat, and various skillful tricks. Where other adventurers had the power to defeat their enemies, rogues used their wits and their natural resourcefulness to exploit their foes' vulnerabilities as well as to lead their allies safely through dangerous environments, disarming traps and opening lock along the way.

Aerialist
    Aerialist rogues were, compared with other rogues, bold and swift thrill seekers, who deliberately put themselves on the edge of peril in order to test their skills or prove their worth. Like trickster rogues, aerialist rogues preferred to avoid damage, often through witty and distracting reprisals of their foes, rather than deal it. However, like brawny rogues aerialists were more than willing to face danger, if only to move swiftly out of its path as a taunt to their foes. In order to do this, aerialist rogues trained themselves to unusual extremes of physical ability, becoming acrobats whose stunts were often awe-inspiring feats of dexterous ability.
    Brawny
    While rogues had a reputation for guile and subtlety, fewer rogues subscribe to this philosophy than common perception suggested. While brawny rogues, like most of their kind, liked to get the sneak on their enemies, they preferred to do things with as much force as they can. Unlike other rogues, who might be concerned about avoiding death, brawny rogues were more concerned with meting it out to those whom they felt had it coming. Though these rogues could still act with subtlety or stealth, they weren't necessarily agile, charming, or witty.
    Cutthroat
    Cutthroat rogues were an unusual variety of warriors. Both charming and deadly, subtle and frightening, cutthroats used their natural charisma in a way far different from most other rogues. A brief and spiteful glance from a properly trained cutthroat could make his or her foe shudder and cutthroat rogues held to the philosophy that the best method of ensuring one got their way was through intimidation. But cutthroats also typically believed that the best method for instilling fear was a subtle one, looking down on the more overtly brutal methods of others. Cutthroats struck with swift and deadly force if necessary but generally preferred to cow their foes than kill them.

In general, cutthroat rogues preferred the use of clubs or maces over the light blades favored by other rogues. The damage a cutthroat dealt was more often long-lasting than immediately lethal, with cutthroats twisting pain and fear into a dual set of weapons that could leave a mark within as well as without. This emphasis on slow and painful attacks came at the cost of deadliness and cutthroats were also generally less personable than other rogues. But for many cutthroats, the trade-off was more than fair.
    Trickster
    Trickster rogues preferred to use their charm and wit in concert with their agility rather than relying on brute strength. Subtlety was the mark of a trickster rogue, who found an affinity for exploits that allowed them to trick or misdirect their enemies. All trickster rogues carried this out to some extent in their attacks but a few carried this philosophy on to their defenses as well, and many rogues were adept at using their charm, wit, and ability to skew the perceptions of their foe in order to shift themselves out of harm's way. As a result, trickster rogues tended to be less powerful than rogues of other traditions, but gained additional control over the battlefield and how and when they chose to strike.

Sorcerer
    A sorcerer, sometimes known as a sorceress if female, is a wielder of arcane magic bound only by their own willpower. Unlike most other arcane spellcasters, particularly the wizards they are often compared with, sorcerers have innate magical ability and are noted for their lack of study in obtaining such power. And while a wizard focuses on isolating their foes and diminishing their ability to fight, a sorcerer prefers to unleash his or her full power, without restraint, blasting their enemies into oblivion. The magic a sorcerer wields is, as a result, intensely powerful though often somewhat unpredictable, much like a barbarian in the heat of a rage.
    Chaos
    Experts in the use of wild magic, chaos sorcerers derive their power from the terrible and wondrous forces of the planes of power and Elemental Chaos. Extremely impressive founts of power, chaos sorcerers are often extremely dexterous as well, using their agility and strong reflexes to slip out of the way of their own, often unpredictable, spells. Though their magic can be dangerous uncontrolled, chaos sorcerers gain a number of important benefits, such as resistance to all forms of magical energy, though on an unreliable and ever-changing basis. On the whole, a chaos sorcerer's magic does far more good than harm to its caster. Experienced chaos sorcerers who focus on their use of wild magic might become wild mages.
    Dragon
    Storm
    The raw and unbridled fury of the storm is at the beck and call of these sorcerers. Though many fear the fury of lightning and the terrible sound of thunder, these mages revel in their power, internalizing these forces and then turning them back on their foes. Storm sorcerers gain two resistances, to both lightning and thunder damage, and have an ability unique among sorcerers to sacrifice these resistances temporarily to boost their own defenses. This type of sorcerer is perhaps closest to the "glass cannon" stereotype, possessing very high damage but very low survivability. They make up for this with a plethora of ranged attacks and excellent mobility. Those Storm sorcerers who feel the might of lightning most strongly may become a Lightning Fury.
    Cosmic
    These sorcerers are linked with the heavenly bodies above Toril and gain power from the constant cycle of the Sun, Moon, and Stars. Cosmic sorcerers manifest a certain heavenly body each day, which may change after a significant amount of combat. They may manifest the brilliance of the Golden Sun, allowing them to be shrouded in astral fire and to resist the hottest flame. Or they might manifest the majesty of the Silver Moon, giving them great power over enemies' minds while protecting their own mind from harm. They may also manifest the Awe of the Many Stars in the sky, letting them shed great light upon their enemies and to resist that light themselves. Their spells allow them to partly manipulate the never-ending cycle of the Cosmos for their own uses, be they benevolent or nefarious.

Warlock
    A warlock is an arcane spellcaster who gains power through pacts with powerful entities, most commonly devils, elder evils of the Far Realm, fey, or demons. These pacts allow warlocks to channel powerful abilities of arcane might that would otherwise be closed to them.
    Dark Pact
    A warlock who specializes in dealings with demons.
    Dark pact warlocks forge some of the most dangerous pacts of all, both morally and physically, through foul alliances with demons - such as those who serve Lolth.] It is this latter connection from which the dark pact gains its name and much of its tradition, since most male drow who did not choose the path of the wizard or the fighter took on the role of the warlock. In spite of its roots amongst the xenophobic drow, this tradition of dealing with demonic forces within drow society has slowly moved towards the surface and many such inclined warlocks now live above the Underdark.

These warlocks gain powers reflecting the pain, poison, and madness inherent in the forces of the Abyss. Dark pact warlocks also gain an ability known as a darkspiral aura, which enables them to feed off the death in battle to create more and more powerful eldritch spells. Invocations of the dark pact are almost always fueled by the strong willpower required of such warlocks. The most basic spell of the dark pact warlock is spiteful glamor, which allows the warlock to strike into the mind of his or her foe, wracking them with terrible pain. Truly powerful dark pact warlocks might become darkwalkers, who immerse themselves so fully in the dark forces with whom they bargain that they become ghostlike and insubstantial.
    Fey Pact
    Fey pact warlocks, who are among the fewest in number of all warlocks, forgo the obvious dangers of dealing with devils or the forbidding mystery that surrounds the star pact but instead deal with powerful, supernatural forces of the Feywild. Such spirits of the natural world may be menacing or simply capricious in their dealings with mortals of the Prime. Some might be faerie-like dryads or sylphs while others are less easily defined, more like incarnations of nature than anything else. Many of the sponsors of warlocks seeking the fey pact are dangerous archfey as the Queen of Air and Darkness or other such Unseelie fey, although a few receive their powers from the more benevolent Seelie fey.

The magic bestowed upon fey pact warlocks can be enchanting, while retaining the savage lethality common to the Feywild. Typical spells may charm a foe or burn them alive, reflecting the often fickle nature of the fey. Often such invocations require the wielder to have a high level of natural presence and charm, with which they can hold their own in negotiations with the wily and often deceptive fey. The most basic of these, known to all of the fey pact, is eyebite, which causes its victim to lose sight of their attacker under the weight of staggering psychic pain. Additionally, fey pact warlocks with a measure of fey blood may also demonstrate a natural affinity for flora and fauna, allowing them to locate hidden wildlife with relative ease. Warlocks who focus all their attention on dealing with fey spirits might become one of the feytouched, half-mad arcanists who slip between the Feywild and the Prime as they wish.
    Infernal Pact
    Warlocks of the infernal pact, the most commonly sworn of all the pacts, are those arcanists who forge dealings with the devils of the Nine Hells, often exchanging their souls to a powerful devil in exchange for temporal power. Other warlocks of the infernal pact seek forbidden knowledge given to the mortal world by devils but since forgotten over time.

Infernal pact warlocks may lose much from their literal bargain with the devil, but what they gain is vast. Warlocks who successfully learn how to wield the powers of the Nine Hells can turn the life force of enemies against them, and can master the fires of Baator for their own purposes. These powers require warlocks to possess a strong constitution, since they often deal damage to the wielder as well as the target. One of these known to all warlocks who behold themselves to the Hells is hellish rebuke, which scours the warlock’s foe in flames, which grow worse should the victim foolishly retaliate. Additionally, infernal warlocks with fiendish heritage may find their spells may be unusually effective against celestials or other truly good creatures.

High-powered warlocks focused on their infernal pact might become life-stealers, vampiric warlocks for whom souls become weapons of war and tools to use.
    Star Pact
    A warlock who specializes in pacts with elder evils.
    So-called star pact warlocks forge their arcane alliances with the unknowable and alien forces of the Far Realm. Star pact warlocks often form these deals without a direct connection, interacting with the elder evils through the intermediary of ancient stars of the void, learning the secret names of those celestial objects that act as doorways into the Far Realm.

In some cases, star pact warlocks are unaware of how strongly these stars are connected to the dark powers of the Far Realm and are guided to their pact through haunting nightmares. Such warlocks might view the source of their powers as innocent or at the very least under their control. Others are fully aware of the connection and exploit it anyway, either due to insanity or sheer ambition. Others view these pacts, if they're even aware of them, with an even higher degree of suspicion than normal warlocks warrant, since the aberrant powers of the Far Realm are more horrific than any devil or fey spirit

Regardless of their motivations or even awareness about the nature of their powers, star pact warlocks gain much from such dalliances, including degrees of prescience and powerful spells infused with radiant energy that inspire fear in the arcanist's enemies. The most basic of these invocations is dire radiance, which causes a piercing ray of life to burn a warlock’s enemy with pain and fear.

Experienced warlocks of the star pact can become doomsayers, who spread fear through their powerful magic, or students of Caiphon, apostles of the powerful elder evil that speaks through the ancient star. Star warlocks who continue this path may become a radiant one, beings who master the power of the Far Realm and become aberrations.

Wizard
    Wizards are a form of spellcaster who learn the art of arcane magic through research and learning. What wizards lack in combat prowess and armor they make up with a broad range of magical spells and abilities learned through years of practice and training. Through their spellcasting ability powerful wizards can control the battlefield, using spells that affect wide areas, often hindering enemies, while also learning to use powerful rituals of arcane power.

Wizards are generally the best respected of all arcane spellcasters, since they usually have a measure of discipline that is uncommon among other arcane spellcasters, particularly sorcerers or warlocks whose very nature makes them comparatively unruly. Not all wizards are deserving of this reputation, however, and wizards can be as easily chaotic or evil as any other class. Prior to the Spellplague, wizards as a whole were associated with the good goddess Mystra, whom many worshiped, though Mystra's death has ended this. Others worship Mystra's evil adversary, Shar, the goddess of darkness, giving them an entirely different reputation.
    Abjurer

Wizards who specialize in abjuration magic, spells which deflect or interact with other spells, are known as abjurers. These wizards are usually deliberate and prudent, seeing many other wizard specialists as reckless or wasteful. Abjurers like to be prepared, be it in research or adventuring, and often devote their free time to working out strategies for confronting other arcane spellcasters.

Abjurers in battle are not as much a danger to those who forego magic for martial combat but those who use arcane or even divine spells will find abjurers deadly opponents. As aforementioned abjurers are often well-prepared for combating spellcasters of all stripes and are a valuable addition to any team intent on fighting wielders of supernatural abilities.

Because of their propensity for deliberant action more abjurers are lawful than not, though any alignment is possible. While abjurer's care and disdain for reckless action makes many good some are drawn to their talents by promises of power over other spellcasters. Abjurers only reluctantly adventure and are most often found in small villages where they enjoy the trust and good regards of friends and
    Conjurer
    Conjurers are wizards who specialize in conjuration, the magical art of summoning and teleportation. Conjurers are often headstrong and disdainful towards other schools of magic, seeing most as weak or inconsequential, with the exception of necromancy, which they hold to be repulsive. Conjurers can be difficult companions since many are so independent-minded that only an unusually strong-willed leader can earn their respect.

Stereotypes of conjurers and sorcerers are often similar, with the reputation of conjurers being that they tend to see magic as a blunt instrument. In battle, conjurers do tend to be unflinching in danger, confident in their summoned power to overcome any threat.

The typical conjurer is chaotic in alignment and in a reversal of the wizard stereotype favor quick and easy solutions over long and carefully planned out ones. Many are also evil or neutral, unperturbed by paths to power that involve unsavory, evil or outright despicable methods. Most conjurers like isolation, as it means they can carry out their dangerous experiments undisturbed by others and only leave their enclaves either to accumulate more power or the necessary wealth to continue their research.
    Diviner
    Those wizards who specialize in the anticipation of events through time and space, either in the future or a faraway location, are known as diviners. Diviners are notable for possessing an unusually high wisdom for wizards, with strong and cautious judgment, preferring to use violence only as a last resort. Many diviners are also strong judges of character, with an insightful nature in all matters.

Diviners are not necessarily cowards but exhaust all other options before proceeding into combat. While diviners can be useful due to their anticipation of others' attacks some are irritatingly hesitant, making them nigh useless at times. When forced into battle, diviners are in natural opposition to illusionists, whose tricks they can unravel with their own spells.

Because of their deliberate approach to matters most diviners are lawful, though their tendency towards inaction also makes many neutral. Diviners are not often adventurers, in part because of their loner nature, but when they are they are highly valued. Good diviners use their foresight to prevent harm from coming to others while evil ones can use it obtain control over others. Diviners of all stripes often cover their costs by serving as seers or fortunetellers.
    Enchanter
    Enchantment, also known as charming, is the arcane art of influencing or controlling the actions of others and enchanters are those wizards who specialize in the school. More than a few enchanters have an unusually high charisma and degree of charm about them for a wizard, possessing a naturally outgoing and attractive personality. Even if they lack charisma however, enchanters can sway the opinions or actions of others - so long as they cast a charm spell first, which draws on their intelligence.

Enchanters work with their allies more closely than some of the more single-minded wizard variants and this is one of their strengths. Enchanters use their spells to overcome social obstacles, convince enemies to lay down arms, or put foes into a daze. The most dangerous ability of an enchanter is their ability to turn an enemy into an ally, or vice versa, or to incapacitate an enemy in such a way that renders them as good as dead.

Enchanters can be good or evil and have no overall strong alignment tendencies. Overall, enchanters are chaotic over evil, though only by a slim margin. Good enchanters are defined by their restraint when it comes to using enchantments to violate another's being's free will, while evil enchanters show little such restraint. Enchanters of all kinds enjoy company and typically are found in large cities rather than small communities where their talents are put to little use.
    Evoker
    Evocation magic is a unique blend of arcane magic with the elemental power of creation and those who specialize in it are known as evokers. Evokers are often stubbornly determined by nature and have little use for distractions of the real world, living in very often spartan conditions. Many evokers are decisive and forthright, who are sure of what they must do, be it good or evil, giving them many qualities of strong leadership.

Evokers are naturally adept at combat, making them some of the most common wizard adventurers. Most evocation spells have an immediately obvious combat application, such as magic missile or fireball and make evokers valued combatants who often serve as a form of magical artillery on the battlefield.

Evokers have no strong tendencies towards law or chaos and both good and evil evokers are common. Good evokers perceive evil as a force that must immediately be opposed by their power and evil evokers find evocation magic a fast and comparatively easy way to power. In spite of the sheer lack of subtlety in many evocation spells, or perhaps because of it, most evokers live in small and quiet homes or even as hermits. This is perhaps for the best and many, sometimes rightly, fear the power evokers can wield.
    Illusionist
    Wizards specializing in illusion magic, known as illusionists, are one of the most well-known wizard variants, valued as entertainers in the world. Many illusionists are flamboyant and outgoing, with a streak of hedonism. More creative than most other wizards or even other arcane spellcasters, illusionists as a rule enjoy art of all forms and are less interested in scholarly research and more so in a hands-on approach through experimentation.

However, illusionists are not merely clowns and can be deadly adversaries when they choose to be. Illusionists use their power to play tricks on their enemies and toy with them, casting illusive images or sounds that confuse and befuddle the mind of a foe, turning their own senses into a weapon against them. Sometimes an illusion is so powerful and realistic it actually "fools" an enemy into death and injury. Evil illusionists are therefore a very real and often frightening menace.

Illusionists are, like all skilled wizards, highly intelligent but they usually aren't very reflective. Pragmatically, most accept the impermanence of life in general and see efforts to adhere to a single strong philosophy as futile and as such have no strong alignment tendencies.
    Necromancer
    While many who wield necrotic magic are practitioners of shadow magic, necromancy is also a path open to many wizards. Often brooding and humorless these wizards are obsessed with death in a manner most other people find disturbing. Most necromantic wizards approach life with a stoic and thoughtful attitude and can, despite first impressions, be loyal and faithful companions though many prefer solitude.

Necromantic wizards, while usually not very sociable, are valued party members. This is in large part due to the sheer lethality of powers wielded by a trained necromancer. Likewise, necromantic wizards have a generally fearless attitude towards death, though not all too often to the point of recklessness, which again increases their value as allies.

Evil necromantic wizards by far outnumber good ones, as playing with the forces of death and undeath is hardly something to be done as lightly as many necromancers do. Necromantic wizards often feel an allure to order, but many chaotic examples do exist. Truly unaligned necromancers are extremely rare, since either a necromancer has a strong devotion to good or falls into evil. Most necromancers are loners by nature and when not adventuring prefer to immerse themselves in their research
    Transmuter
    Transmutation is the ability to shape objects' physical makeup through magic and transmuters are those who specialize in the art. Transmuters are typically more curious than other wizards, marked by a fascination with how things go together and are, likewise, torn apart. This makes many transmuters ardent collectors of magical items and artifacts, as well as clear thinkers, though they often lack an insight into why things are rather than just how.

Transmuters have many useful combat applications for their spells, since they can transform the nature of virtually any object. A transmuter might, for instance, transform an enemy into a frog or an ally into a powerful monster. Transmuters can also use their spells to increase the abilities of their allies or themselves, giving them abilities that parallel in many ways those of artificers, who likewise specialize in manipulating the physical world through magic.

Many transmuters are chaotic, since chaos is the very essence of change and transmuters specialize in making things go through such a process. However, lawful transmuters do exist. Good, neutral, and evil transmuters are all roughly equal in number, with good transmuters viewing their abilities as a way to change things for the better and evil ones tend to see morality as an inherently changing and relative concept inconsequential to their work. Transmuters are more adventuresome than other wizards and can often be found exploring the world.
    [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="The Template , Mediumpurple , solid"]
    Code:
    [solid=select your colour]
    [imga=right]paste your image URL here[/imga]
    [CENTER][SIZE=select your size][FONT=select your font][COLOR=select your colour][B]Name[/B][/COLOR]
    Name here[/FONT][/SIZE] ((copy and paste those lines as many times as you need to populate information))
    pasted line
    pasted line
    etc.
    [/CENTER]

[stabs=bcenter|110%]
    {slide=Appearance and Personality|center}
    [SIZE=select your size][FONT=select your font]
    Info goes here
    [/FONT][/SIZE]

• [SIZE=select your size][FONT=select your font] Info goes here [/FONT][/SIZE]
  • N/A

Spots Reserved
1 @LastCinder
2 @ERode
3 @Zombehs
4 @jeshem
5 @OwlFeather
6 OPEN

Last edited by a moderator:
HOOOO DANG

LOOK AT THAT BBCODE MASTERY

Edit: Also, first.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dekonic
I will go in here later tonight/tomorrow and clarify the classes; but most are going to have a general idea.
I'll also add a Character Sheet Skeleton as well.
Any questions feel free to ask!

Working on the Character Sheet and Classes today!

Oh, very DnD-esque indeed. Should I assume that magic here works in the same way then? As opposed to, say, elemental control via magic?

Also, are you saying that there should be one post a week? Or one post from everyone per week?

Last edited:
Oh, very DnD-esque indeed. Should I assume that magic here works in the same way then? As opposed to, say, elemental control via magic?
Kind-of in a way.

I was thinking that the more powerful spells (6th level and onwards) would require a kind-of cooldown. Somewhat similiar to have "One a day" but it would be more attuned to the character's ability themselves as well. "Illium" recharges naturally and much faster than a short/long rest even in the heat of combat. So instead of being directly limited to one per day, it can be changed and customized to the character themselves. A proficient Warlock who has much more time training will be able to cast more powerful spells more often than say, a 16 year old trainee who just formed his first pact.

I really want each player to define their character and have more freedom to it.

I hope that makes sense X_X

EDIT: One post a week. Not one from every person in one week! This can be fussed with if it doesn't work with who we have. I just think seven days is a good amount of time for the next person to respond (If we use a posting order anyway. This might change depending on what everyone feels will work better for the group.)

I love the whole DnD feel to this rp, I can't wait for the classes and CS to be up.

Works for me. How much character customization are we allow though? Or, more specifically, how much class customization? For example, sprinkler-style mages that literally just spam tons of cantrips per post? Or Eldritch Knights that use double-shields and basically spin around as a whirlwind of shield-bashing?

I love the whole DnD feel to this rp, I can't wait for the classes and CS to be up.
Thank you!
The CS skeleton is gonna be pretty run of the mill, so everyone can edit it and make it as they want!

The classes will be a few hours later. Gotta do some research and get the proper descriptions I'd like for em!

Works for me. How much character customization are we allow though? Or, more specifically, how much class customization? For example, sprinkler-style mages that literally just spam tons of cantrips per post? Or Eldritch Knights that use double-shields and basically spin around as a whirlwind of shield-bashing?
Bruh, if you want a warlock that heals via draining the souls of squirrels, go for it.
This is DND-esque but not so much "You have A- so you may do B." But rather "You have A- you can do B through Z"

Make your character as you want, just as long as your reasoning for it is somewhat believable I guess?

EDIT: One post a week. Not one from every person in one week! This can be fussed with if it doesn't work with who we have. I just think seven days is a good amount of time for the next person to respond (If we use a posting order anyway. This might change depending on what everyone feels will work better for the group.)
Gonna plop some interest down here, but one post a week is almost certainly going to kill this RP dead. Then again if people aren't posting within a week then that doesn't bode too well for the RP in the first place so my point might be moot.

Also, damn ER, that LH inspiration.

Gonna plop some interest down here, but one post a week is almost certainly going to kill this RP dead. Then again if people aren't posting within a week then that doesn't bode too well for the RP in the first place so my point might be moot.

Also, that LH inspiration.
One post week is the bare minimum, not what I am hoping for! It's there just to say "Hey we need to get some shit rolling."
I fully expect a couple posts a day and several posts every few days.

The CS Skeleton is up, it's pretty standard but a lot of the editing is up to the players!

Also thank you EVERYONE for showing interest. I was afraid my idea was dumb and no-one would show up!

Thank you so much!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
EDIT: FIXED

The classes are up, and as you guys will see it's heavily reliant on the DND template!

When building your character keep in mind that spells will need a recharge time, as they use the natural energy found within beings of this plane. Higher leveled spells will require a longer period of downtime before they can be used again (Somewhat similar to DND but not nearly as long.). Be sure to build your character to have skills of all levels so that your character will be viable in combat rather than a nuke that goes off and then sits dormant waiting for his/her Illium to recharge.

Addressing the posting speed as some have brought it up already, I don't want the standard to be one post every 7 days, I want a good pace to keep things fluid and interesting. I can post several times a day, especially during the weekends. I've simply put this guideline down so everyone understands we will be moving forward with/without those who are lagging behind.

As for posting, in larger groups I tend to do a 3 post buffer, meaning that three people most post after you before you can contribute to the RP again. If this does not work for everyone I am open to ideas and would love all criticism good and bad.

If anyone has any other questions please ask me, I'm here to explain to the best of my ability!

DAILY UPDATE:
I am working on my own CS at the moment and will hopefully have it up sometime tomorrow for those waiting to see what is going to expected out of them!
Have a wonderful day everyone and I will see you tomorrow!

DAILY UPDATE:
I am working on my own CS at the moment and will hopefully have it up sometime tomorrow for those waiting to see what is going to expected out of them!
Have a wonderful day everyone and I will see you tomorrow!
I'll make one either tonight or tomorrow

If you need any help, or have any questions feel free to drop me a PM!

Random note-- and it may just be me, but the dark purple/blue is really difficult to read. I use one of the darker themes, but I know others use light ones. Just an observation-- not a request of change. Just something to consider if you plan to do typing in a colour. I can always highlight and read but, yeah. c:

• Thank You
Random note-- and it may just be me, but the dark purple/blue is really difficult to read. I use one of the darker themes, but I know others use light ones. Just an observation-- not a request of change. Just something to consider if you plan to do typing in a colour. I can always highlight and read but, yeah. c:
I AM SO SORRY! What color would you suggest? The color of the field boxes don't necessarily matter to me as long as everyone can read them comfortably.

Daily Update:
CS is coming along great. Some of you will notice I've moved everything from the other tabs into the opening post. Makes things easier for the Iwaku staff in preparation for the upcoming FEB 14TH update.

EDIT: Partially complete CS is in the UPDATES tab of the original post. Feel free to reference what I have so far if you're stumped or stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.