When the Wing Breaks...

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Little Sparrow, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You crash land at IWAKU!!! haha I'm only joking.. but seriously, great to be here! I'm not good at this, so I'm going to make this short for the moment just to give you an intro to scrutinize ^>^

Congratulations first of all for making it past my lame attempt at an alluring title!

Call me Sparrow. That's right, Sparrow. I know, I know, original right? Nonetheless, there you have it. However, I will say that due how common this name is I imagine there are people with the name as well as their characters, so don't take it personal, I just like the name.

There is so much I could put in here that would allow you to get to know me, but then... we wouldn't have much to talk about right? So I will not be revealing all my secrets just yet.

So how do I roleplay? Well I can't leave you with nothing, so I will give away a couple of things so you can see if you even want to approach me.
    1. I'm not a huge stickler about grammar and spelling (we all make mistakes right?) but I'm also going to ask that you at least try to take advantage of spell check! (and yes I realize it says roleplay should be two words, but that is why I'm not a stickler haha sometimes you simply choose to be lazy and misspell)
    2. Promising that I will reply quickly (within a couple days or the same day) is futile. So I'm not gonna do it. Even if I read your reply right away, not only am I busy with my real world stuff, I like to take time to make my reply as good as I can (or at least not horrible). In other words, time is something that I'm not gonna fret over. If you want to take some time to perfect it, go right ahead, I'm in no rush.
    3. Which brings me to my next point. Add some detail! I don't care if there is some fluff to it, but give me something to go off of too. If not, I will most likely lose interest, or the roleplay will die of its own accord. I am a go with the flow person, so if it isn't flowing, say something.. 'cause I know I will haha. I do my best to give you a lead, so lend me a hand with it too ^^
    4. Even though it says on my profile, I'm going to go ahead and say that I am Libertine friendly. There are things I am NOT willing to do (even in fiction) but I'm not entirely close-minded either. I will be adding more specifics to the preferences, but what is on there was what was forefront in my mind (though I did leave out some stuff that is just as important, hence the adding).
    5. Personally, I don't know all the terms for everything roleplay related, whether or not I have heard them before, so bear with me. I will most likely be asking questions if I don't know wtf you are saying. Which is something I don't find unreasonable, and encourage you to do as well.
    For now I will say that is it. I could talk myself up (and maybe I did just a smidge) but when it comes right down to it, it's up to you to decide whether or not I'm approachable. If so, SWEEET! If not, well... oh well.

So without further ado, "talk to me, talk to me, talk to me BAY-BAY!!" hahaha

Signed,
    That One Little Sparrow

• Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
    • You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  2. Wwwwelcome aboard, Sparrow! Enjoy your stay, have lots of fun rps, and take a cookie.

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  3. Thank you for the cookie, and the warm welcome! You have one as well!

4. Haha, you're adorable. That intro was amusing. Welcome to Iwaku, @Little Sparrow! It seems you already have some of the sections down so I can only hope that you find something that interests you! 8D If you have any questions then I'd be willing to help you out! Hope your stay here is wonderful!

5. Thank you for the welcoming words!

I did quite a bit of browsing before I even signed up so I at least knew a little more about whether I liked the site ^^

I'll be sure to ask questions if they arise, and I'm sure I will find something eventually ^>^ actually, I have found interesting stuff already, it's just a matter of whether I could uphold to their standards or not haha

6. I decided to add this stuff just in case I put the wrong kind of thing before:

THE ABOUT YOU SURVEY

What do you prefer to be called?
    This one should be covered in my profile, however Little Sparrow, Sparrow, any variation of this, or something you think might fit better! (I hope nothing bad comes to mind though,)
    Boy, girl, or a mystery?
    Also covered, but I am female.
    How old are you?
    I'm on my 22nd year
    Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying?
    I'm new around here, but I have been roleplaying officially for about a year. Before I had only done personal writing, which is pretty close to how this is, only you don't know what is going to happen with the story (which has been harder than I thought to get used to)
    Do you like group Roleplays or just a single partner?
    I prefer single partners, but I would love to join a group roleplay. My biggest hold up is my fear of not contributing well. Two other fears come to a close second however. The first (or second if you are counting the previous fear) is that I will fudge up in a bad way (regarding rules or what have you) particularly since I am so used to writing solo
    Sunshine and beaches or shade and air-conditioning?
    I know it seems silly, but this question is probably the hardest for me lol
    I love the sun. I love the beach. I adore shade. I appreciate air conditioning...
    Problem is, I'm a hermit who hardly ever leaves the house (so no sun, no beach lol) and I get cold very easily (so shade and AC can be incredibly inconvenient)
    However, I came to the conclusion that I choose shade and AC over sun and beach, for the simple fact that I can turn off the AC, open a window, or hop under a blanket, in the sun I burn easily, and there are no worthy beaches in my area or even a reasonable drive away.
    SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind?
    There are two in fact.
    1. Say Something ~ A Great Big World & Christina Aguleira (sorry if I spelled or got that wrong)
    2. The Prayer ~ Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli (again. Sorry for spelling)
    Those are the versions I have in my head anyway, along with like six others, but those are nearly everyday all day (and I don't get sick of them either, which is amazing for me lol)

Somehow I feel like I made my intro too long and too boring, and now I am second guessing even posting this, but guess what? I wrote it all out and would rather it didn't go to waste, so it's getting posted lol but this will be the last thing I add to this thread, besides replies to anyone who decides to comment :)

7. Welcome to the site, Sparrow! I hope you enjoy your stay on Iwaku, and if you ever want to, there's a place in the Arts and Showcases section of Iwaku for you to showcase your writings and scribbling to the members of iwaku, whether it be for praise or constructive criticism! There are also, many, many, many great group roleplays open and available for you to jump in and join, so I hope you have an amazing time and make lots of friends and roleplays!

8. Thanks for the welcome!

I get a bit embarrassed when it comes to posting my work (mostly because I'm so critical on myself) but I will be sure to think about it at the very least!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.