When the Lights Go Out (Signup) (Just one more! 5/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, darn. Was about to post my characters. Oh well, have fun you all ^^
Oh, no dear! You're actually included, I saved you a spot :)

10208710.jpg

◊ | Basic Info | ◊
Name: Gianna Thorne
Nickname: Gia

Eyes: Green
Hair: Wavy, brown
Height: 5 foot, 6 inches

◊ | Personality | ◊
At first glance, Gianna appears to be someone very timid and quiet. Someone that you could easily take advantage of, but in reality she's actually very outspoken. She hates to be told what to do and hates it even more when someone talks down to her as if she was a child because she's young. She's actually quite intelligent, though on occasion the things she says might not be viewed as such. When she's nervous she tends to stutter quite a bit and stumble over her words. This typically happens when she's lying. She's a very brave individual and isn't easily scared so her nervousness generally doesn't make an appearance. She's a woman of pride. Gianna rarely backs down from a fight even if she knows she is wrong. She refuses to admit defeat. She has a lot of 'smartass' tendencies, often aggravating the person she is talking to. Gianna can be incredibly persuasive, not always for her reasoning, but her persistence. When she believes in something strongly or wants something done a certain way, you'll see her try time and time again to either convince you of something or to do as she asks.

Gianna is not a very trusting person. She sees everyone as a threat to her comfort in life. She likes things done a certain way and anything outside of that bothers her. Any possibility of change is always approached with caution by her depending on the level of effect it may have on her. That includes letting people into her life. She has her own tight-knit group of friends and wants to keep it that way. Allowing someone in makes her vulnerable to them.

◊ | Occupation | ◊
She is currently unemployed.

◊ | History | ◊
Gianna grew up in a very broken household. She was the only child to parents who never got along and filed for divorce before she turned 13. She doesn't have many memories that doesn't contain her mother and father fighting. Not on birthdays, recitals, family outings. They always ended in some argument. When it was found out that her mother was cheating, it was ultimately the last straw that ended their marriage. There were custody hearings and marriage settlements, one after another until it was decided that Gia was to live with her father. He was the most stable choice. He had a high paying job and able to provide a strong roof over her head as opposed to her mother who had the salary of a waitress. It definitely made an impact on her life. She got into a lot of trouble. Usually trivial stuff at school that bought her some attention, but not enough to land her in juvenile court. Now that she's finally 'grown up,' so to speak, she's avoided any childlike behavior such as the petty drama she went through back in high school. However, trouble always seems to find her wherever she goes.

◊ | What reason do I have to doubt you? | ◊
If she sees something she wants or something that works in her favor, she goes for it regardless of any destruction it might cause on the way there. She doesn't hesitate to make the tough decisions.
◊ | What reason do I have to trust you? | ◊
If she finds you important in her life, she's loyal. She'll have your back and do all that she can to help you even if it doesn't seem that way at first. Everything she does has a reason behind it. She's also a terrible liar. You know right away when something is off.

245453.jpg

∴ | Basic Info | ∴
Name: Elias Whitfield
Nickname: Eli
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown, disheveled
Height: 6 foot

∴ | Personality | ∴
Elias is a tricky little beast. He will steal anything and everything he can get his hands on. No particular reason. Just because he can, he'll tell you. He's an incredible liar, especially when the situation calls for it. He lives for the con. Anything or anyone he can make money off of, he sees an opportunity. He's charming with a devilish smile, which allows him to break the barriers. Once inside, he exploits the vulnerable and takes what he claims he deserves. He's arrogant, but to others it comes off as confidence. He does not put nearly as much seriousness in his life as he does the lie after lie he's had to tell in order to gain what he wants. He has a lack of sympathy for others, except his best friend and long time crush, Gianna.

Elias is very outspoken and loud, sometimes seen as obnoxious to people who really know him in his personal life. He often interrupts or speaks over someone else to turn attention towards himself. He prefers all eyes to be on him at all times.

∴ | Occupation | ∴
He's a con artist, so technically does not have a job except stealing from others (especially the privileged).

∴ | History | ∴
Elias didn't have much growing up. It's possible that his thievery stemmed from this fact, but it's not like him to admit it. He lived with his parents in old, rundown buildings barely holding together with the bricks and wood they were made out of. The day he turned sixteen, he went off on his own, doing anything and everything he could to live the 'high life.' He would most often break into people's homes or condos and apartments that were still on the market and in viewing, giving him an extravagant place to sleep. He'd bring girls home to said places, showing off his lifestyle (aiming to get laid of course). When he was just shy of 19, he met Gianna. The two clicked, both sharing a troubled childhood. They were forever getting in trouble with one another (him more times than her).

∴ | What reason do I have to doubt you? | ∴
He's a liar and a thief. I'd be surprised if you didn't doubt him even in the slightest.

∴ | What reason do I have to trust you? | ∴
Can you trust someone like him?

Last edited:
@Lillian Gray I'm here ^^ I have the first one posted. Let me finish the second. Also, I will go back and edit the history afterwards. Had a bit of writer's block in that area.

@Lillian Gray I'm here ^^ I have the first one posted. Let me finish the second. Also, I will go back and edit the history afterwards. Had a bit of writer's block in that area.
Woo! Take your time :D

WOOT! Finished my second character. And I think it'll be fun to tease people if he's not actually the murderer because I made it so he's like the guy that would be accused as the murderer at first. XD Poor Jon.

Haha, I totally fell asleep before I finished my second character.

WOOT! Finished my second character. And I think it'll be fun to tease people if he's not actually the murderer because I made it so he's like the guy that would be accused as the murderer at first. XD Poor Jon.
I think my characters would also be ones that could be easily accused as murderers, Ayame more so though since she literally has a very loose sense of morality XD Alastair will have a blast trying to poke his nose into figuring out if your character did it however XD

I think my characters would also be ones that could be easily accused as murderers, Ayame more so though since she literally has a very loose sense of morality XD Alastair will have a blast trying to poke his nose into figuring out if your character did it however XD
I can see their bantering back and forth now. XD Ah, that'll be fun. But yeah Ayame's a wonderful character- and she DEFINITELY can be viewed as the murderer, too. It's all part of the mystery, another reason I love role-plays like this. The best part is no one's going to know who's picked. XD

@Polystical
@Ghosty
@Broken_Serenity
@Nameless
@FLICKER
@WhoopDau

(Now that I've got all of you tagged there...)
Everyone is doing well! We're just waiting on one more character, and then I'm going to take the time to select a killer. It could be any one of you, please do not discuss this! Even in the OOC thread, which has yet to be made. It ruins the fun. Whoever I select will receive a PM in the next few days. There, I'll ask whether or not you feel up to the task. Again, we're still waiting on one more character, and to be fair I will not select a killer until every character is submitted.

This killer will hunt down the rest of the characters, and it is your task to figure out who it is before your own character is struck down! Just try not to irritate the wrong person, and hopefully you will survive!

As soon as the killer is selected, I will have an OOC thread, as well as the main IC thread up as soon as I am able! Every so often, I may intervene in order to give hints and helpful information. It may steer the blame away from the real killer, or onto an unsuspecting character!

If you have any questions in regards to the rp, or just plain anything in concern to detail, don't be afraid to ask!​

Almost done. Should be posted tonight within... 1 hour.
Take your time :) I have to check out for the night anyways, it's getting late.

Alright. Posted (added underneath Gianna). Let me know if you want me to change anything. Both were done at around 2:00 am in the morning, so it's possible for flaws and would be more than happy to fix them if you want(:

Alright. Posted (added underneath Gianna). Let me know if you want me to change anything. Both were done at around 2:00 am in the morning, so it's possible for flaws and would be more than happy to fix them if you want(:
They're well done, no changes needed.

I have to take the time to select a killer, and once that's done, I'll let everyone know where to find the rp page! Soon, though, it'll be soon!

It's here!

Polystical, you're up first if you don't mind!

Everyone post once to determine a posting order. If you do not post within four days, you will be skipped. If you need more time, please ask.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Since most are probably watching this forum being that it's the sign-up page, decided to post this here ^^... kind of wondering if anyone is going to respond on the IC Thread...

@Lillian Gray
I will need to pull myself out of this role-play. Something came up reality-wise and I will be unable to keep up with this role-play (as well as several others). I hope it all continues to go well!~

@Lillian Gray
I will need to pull myself out of this role-play. Something came up reality-wise and I will be unable to keep up with this role-play (as well as several others). I hope it all continues to go well!~
I understand. Thanks for letting me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.