When the Lights Go Out (Signup) (Just one more! 5/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillian Gray

Craft Master
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Medieval, Action, Magic, Sci-fi
GvjgV0a.jpg

When the lights go out and all is quiet, the manor truly comes to life. Boards creak, windows shake, and the inhabitants wonder if it's simply the old bones of the aged mansion, or something more sinister. With a host of guests to watch over, there's no time to ponder the strange noises.

When the first body appears, the once unexplained noises now tell another tale. A tale of murder and wonder.

None will escape, not until the killer is found, or all have been lost to his will.

Will you survive?​

[hr=medium gray][/hr]

Hello, esteemed guest! We are the respective personal Maid and Butler to our honorable Lord. Our names are unimportant, what is important, dear sir or madam, is you.

You have been selected among the vast pool of applicants for further screening in participating in a dinner with or esteemed Lord Taylor Upton. The purpose is of course to determine who will inherit his fortune. Money is a powerful motivation, and we would only ask that the best be introduced to each other in order to select one fortunate heir or heiress among you. While Lord Upton is unable to greet you personally, please take the time to complete the survey below, so we can further be acquainted.

As of late, his health has been on the decline. We cannot express how important it is for your utmost and speedy cooperation before his inevitable, and deeply sorrowful, death. The Lord does not have much time left, and he has expressed his need to so generously donate his estate to one lucky individual.

Once the survey has been completed, please deliver it to the Manor address supplied on the invitation. We will let you know if you will be among the lucky few to join us for a weekend of splendor.

Name: Name
Height: Height
Description: (either an image or description is acceptable)
Personality: Personality
History: History

What reason do I have to doubt you?: (AKA why are you the murderer?)
What reason do I have to trust you?: (AKA why wouldn't you be the murderer?)

We appreciate your prompt reply, and ever look forward to having you as our guest for the evening.

[hr=medium gray][/hr]

MaWxE4e.png
  • Every player must create two characters.
  • Be able to post at minimum once every week.​
  • Post on time, if you are absent too long it is grounds for dismissal.​
  • One liners are not allowed.​
  • Grammar must be at an appropriate level, with few or no spelling mistakes in a post.​
  • If mistakes are found, you are expected to fix them.​

BP27utQ.png
  • Do not take control of another player's characters.​
  • Discussing the identity of the killer outside of the thread is prohibited. This is meant to keep them a mystery as long as possible.​
  • That being said, if you are selected to be the killer, do not tell anyone.
  • You are allowed to discuss character aspects and alliances in an OOC thread, but please refrain from discussing the plot anywhere else. Again, this is meant to help keep things a mystery.​

Once all the characters have been approved for the roleplay, I will select a killer anonymously.

Consult with the GM ( @Lillian Gray ) if you have further questions.

Accepted
@Polystical (Oliver and Alexandrine)
@Ghosty (Forrest and Kammael) Dropped
@Broken_Serenity (Ayame and Alastair)
@Nameless (Gianna and Elias)
@FLICKER (Riza and Jonathan)
@WhoopDau (Chau and Mathias)

Signup can be found here.
OOC can be found here.
IC can be found here.

Thanks to @Sansa Stark for creating the many images for this post.

Last edited:
Name: Oliver Park (Born Olivia Park)
Height: 5'5"
Description:
kpop-cast-ko-eun-ah-1.jpg
Personality: Oliver is a sweetie pie with a bright and bubbly personality when not at home. He loves to cheer people up and make them laugh and he likes to listen to the hardships of others and try to help as best he can. At home however, Oliver is muted and stifled. His parents do not approve of his choice of identity and they often tell him to keep quiet or go to his room. Despite this emotional abuse, Oliver is eager and tenacious to achieve his dream of truly becoming a boy.
History:
Oliver was born Olivia Park, but from age five, Oliver always knew that he didn't feel like a girl. He hated wearing the dresses that his mom bought for him and he despised the strict gender roles in his family. This of course didn't go over well with his stern traditional parents and they tried their hardest to get him to stop 'acting out'. They took him to various therapists, many of whom suggested that Oliver might be transgender. Those therapist were ignored until a 'better' therapist was found. This therapist was extremely trans-phobic and homophobic and was known to send his patients to anti-gay camps. Fortunately, Oliver's parents didn't want to send Oliver to a camp because they feared their family and friends would find out about him. But they kept sending him to the therapist.
At age fifteen, Oliver started skipping his therapy lessons and gathering information about emancipation and sex change operations. He couldn't get a job because his parents didn't think he was responsible enough, so when Oliver received Lord Upton's invitation he jumped at the chance to finally be free.
What reason do I have to doubt you?: His abusive home life could have warped his brain and personality. It's not uncommon for people in abusive relationships to snap.
What reason do I have to trust you?: He's a tiny high school kid how in the world could he overpower a grown man?

Name: Alexandrine Josef
Height: 5'9"
Description:
celine-black-hoop-earrings.jpg
Personality: Alexandrine is ruthless and calculating. She knows what she wants and she's willing to do whatever it takes to get it. Prison hardened her and she's a bit insensitive and blunt, but she's caring towards children and teenagers.
History:
Alexandrine's life was rough. She got married to her high school sweetheart two days after graduating and became pregnant with her son, Jean, a year later. Jean's entrance into the world was smooth, and for awhile the family of three was happy, but then Alexandrine's husband started getting violent towards Jean, who was two years old at the time. The violence seemed to come out of the blue at first, but Alexandrine remembered that the husband did have a history of abusiveness in his family and he had been emotionally and physically abused by his own mother. At first the husband would scream at their son or ignore him, but one night he grabbed Jean and started shaking him. Alexandrine stabbed her husband in the back with a butcher's knife and called the police. Her son was taken to the hospital, but Alexandrine was arrested. Her husband had friends at the station and they were incredibly biased against her. There were no witnesses and Jean didn't count.
Alexandrine was sentenced to 30 years in jail, but twenty years later a neighbor who had been intimidated by the police finally stepped forward and it was revealed that the neighbor had heard screaming that night and before that had seen Jean being yelled at by his father.
Alexandrine was released, and immediately went to find her son. She found him in the custody of his grandmother, who she knew had abused her ex husband (Alexandrine's). Because she was an ex felon (although wrongly imprisoned and accused) Alexandrine could not get custody of her son. She was at a loss until she received Lord Upton's invitation and devised a plan to get the money, save her child and flee the country by any means possible.
What reason do I have to doubt you?: A mother will do anything for her child.
What reason do I have to trust you?: Why in the world would she want to go back to jail? She has a plan for her and her son's life, she's not going to screw it up by committing murder.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Lillian Gray
History:
Alexandrine's life was rough. She got married to her high school sweetheart two days after graduating and became pregnant with her son, Jean, a year later. Jean's entrance into the world was smooth, and for awhile the family of three was happy, but then Alexandrine's husband started getting violent towards Jean, who was two years old at the time. [BCOLOR=#ffff00]The violence seemed to come out of the blue, but the husband did have a history of abusiveness in his family.[/BCOLOR] At first the husband would scream at their son or ignore him, but one night he grabbed Jean and started shaking him. Alexandrine stabbed her husband in the back with a butcher's knife and called the police. Her son was taken to the hospital, but Alexandrine was arrested. Her husband had friends at the station and they were incredibly biased against her. There were no witnesses and Jean didn't count.
Alexandrine was sentenced to 30 years in jail, but twenty years later a neighbor who had been intimidated by the police finally stepped forward and it was revealed that the neighbor had heard screaming that night and before that had seen Jean being yelled at by his father.
Alexandrine was released, and immediately went to find her son. She found him in the custody of[BCOLOR=#ffff00] his grandmother, who she knew had abused her ex husband (Alexandrine's)[/BCOLOR]. Because she was an ex felon (although wrongly imprisoned and accused) Alexandrine could not get custody of her son. She was at a loss until she received Lord Upton's invitation and devised a plan to get the money, save her child and flee the country by any means possible.
What reason do I have to doubt you?: A mother will do anything for her child.
What reason do I have to trust you?: Why in the world would she want to go back to jail? She has a plan for her and her son's life, she's not going to screw it up by committing murder.
Just one little thing I want to check up on details.

In the history, I highlighted a portion in which you say there's no abusive history in the family. However, you go on to say that the husband's mother abused him. Which is correct?

Edit: I can read.

Last edited:
Just one little thing I want to check up on details.

In the history, I highlighted a portion in which you say there's no abusive history in the family. However, you go on to say that the husband's mother abused him. Which is correct?
I didn't say that there was no abusive history. I said that it seemed like the abuse came out of the blue but the husband did have a history of abusiveness in his family. So basically to Alexandrine who had been dating him since high school, this sudden change in personality was shocking. However she recalled that there was a history of abusiveness in his family.

Sorry for the confusion. I'll clarify it. ^^

I didn't say that there was no abusive history. I said that it seemed like the abuse came out of the blue but the husband did have a history of abusiveness in his family. So basically to Alexandrine who had been dating him since high school, this sudden change in personality was shocking. However she recalled that there was a history of abusiveness in his family.

Sorry for the confusion. I'll clarify it. ^^
Ohh! I'm sorry. I read 'did' as 'didn't' So that was a mistake on my part. This does make sense then, that was totally my mistake.

It's 1:30AM here, I shouldn't be reading things.

Ohh! I'm sorry. I read 'did' as 'didn't' So that was a mistake on my part. This does make sense then, that was totally my mistake.

It's 1:30AM here, I shouldn't be reading things.
It's coolio! :D I gotta head to bed too. O.O It's 2:34 and I need to fix my sleep schedule! xD Gnight! Hope more people join while I'm asleep!

Dropping in to express interest. I'll be dropping a few characters shortly, well, if you consider tomorrow night shortly.

600full-nico-tortorella.jpg

Cain Forrest Sciacchitano

Nickname(s)
Forrest, this is the only name he goes by now.

Birthday & Age
February 29th [Pisces] & Twenty-One

Nationalities
Half Italian, a Third Irish, Caucasian

Eye Color
Blue/Grey

Hair Description
Dark Brown, both Messy and Unruly

Height
183cm (6ft. 0in.)

Weight
68kg (167lbs.)

Marks
Natural beauty marks splashed against his skin, but not many scars. He does have three distinct tattoos, which will be covered during working hours.
Ankles

b1fdc58371f1b3540f9340d21db1e772.jpg

Left Arm/Upper Back

dots-to-line-minimalist-black-ink-geometric-tattoos-by-chaim-machley-1.jpg

Health Ailments
None

Personality
Forrest is the bear. He is cuddly, sweet, funny, and above all, mischievous. He may not be the mastermind behind the pranks him and some of his buddies do, but he has his own flair behind each and every one. He's the bulk and enjoys getting the pieces that make up each prank and/or outing him and his friends go to. He doesn't talk much, allowing the other participant of the conversation to take over, and only answering the questions they may ask. He can be stubborn and quite rude when you get him riled-up though, standing tall with his friends when a problem arises. He is the type of guy to always have your back, even if you two aren't the best of friends. He is mister smiley in the group, always trying to get his pals to laugh along with him. Forrest has no idea what personal space is, but he's such a sweetie that it's hard to get angry with him. When it comes to fighting, Forrest is more into defending and dodging than attacking. He can practically wiggle himself out of anything with his charm, which is also his major downfall. He is also very mistrusting due to past encounters.

He is quiet, sweet, but has a dark past that sometimes creeps up on him on sunny days. There are times when he wants nothing to do with the world or it's inhabitants. He would rather be alone on the weekends, inside, curled up with his favorite book. He could be described as a minor Schizoid, but he is also incredibly extroverted when you work your way under his shell. It's hard to tell what kind of day Forrest is having until you begin to speak to him, if he ignores you--stay away, if he smiles--continue onward.

Occupation
College Student, Barista

History
Forrest somewhat clams up when people ask about his past and/or his family. He usually shrugs and tells them the necessities and not the entirety of his story. The past is the past, nobody can change what has already happened, that's what he says. In reality, Cain was a twin to his brother Abel. They were around eleven when the duo decided to venture into the words behind their West Virginian house. They had been building a treehouse all summer and with school just around the corner, they wanted to spruce it up before they ran out of time. Cain had been constructing a pulley so Abel could pull up the supplies that were supposed to be put onto the roof of their treehouse, while Abel climbed the large oak, venturing higher and higher with each passing moment. Cain, the less-adventurous and smarter one of the two, expressed his concerns, threatening to tell their mother if Abel didn't safely return to the ground. Abel had stuck his tongue out at Cain, grabbing onto the rope that made up the pulley and horsing around on a thin branch. Cain hated when his brother teased him, he hated being taken lightly, Abel seemed to always be the center of attention due to his two minute age increase. This always angered Cain, but today the young boy was not going to take Abel's crap. He yanked at the pulley rope that Abel had been playing on, the force scaring the brother and causing him to stumble off the branch. In a last attempt to stay on the tree, Abel let go of the rope to grab the branch, but missed it by inches, sending him plummeting to the ground. The next few hours were a spotty blur for Cain. He remembers running home, crying for his mother; he remembers the sirens, the wailing of his parents, the screaming of his father; he remembers the way Abel's neck had been bent.

His younger sister, Barley, was five when the incident occurred, but Abel had always been her favorite. Cain had told the police what he had done, but they wrote the case down as accidental. That didn't stop his parents from putting him straight into therapy after the event, believing their son was the culprit and his evil would blossom with time. At sixteen, Cain's father--a raging alcoholic ever since Abel's death--had struck Cain, blowing his top after five years of silence. He kicked Cain out, forcing the young teen to seek refuge in his grandparents. They took him under their wing until he turned eighteen, where he decided to travel on his own. He enrolled in college, got a job, and began scraping by, but of course, it would never be enough. The few years of his grandparents had been dismal, grey--he thought he would escape his past when he turned into an adult. The incident, the therapy lessons, they had all ended up on his record, which came around to the board at his University. They have refused to grant him any loans and have put him on academic probation until he provides proof that he can pay all of his tuition up front and he continues to go to a psychiatrist.

The invitation from Lord Upton was a blessing and Forrest jumped at the opportunity. With the money, he could pay for college as well as a grade-A psychiatrist that wouldn't give him pity when he expressed his story.

What reason do I have to doubt you?
There is a possibility that Forrest is already a murderer, not to mention years of neglect from parents could drive anyone to do such horrendous acts. He would do anything to start anew, to leave the memory of his brother behind.

What reason do I have to trust you?
Forrest has gone through a great deal of pain in his youth, expressing tremendous guilt over his brother, which is not a emotion psychopaths possess. He is young, he has a life ahead of him. He simply wants to pave the road onward.

Lauren-Cohan-CelebHealthy_com.jpg

Kammael Réne Wayshire

Nickname(s)
Kammie

Birthday & Age
December 28th [Capricorn] & Twenty

Nationalities
British, a Quarter Irish, Caucasian

Eye Color
Mint Green

Hair Description
Auburn, Short and always Wavy

Height
172cm (5ft. 8in.)

Weight
55kg (149lbs.)

Marks
A few beauty marks splashed across her body, but nothing worthwhile. She has a few tattoos and piercings though.
[accordion=bcenter|125][/accordion][accordion=bcenter|125][/accordion]
Lower Left Wrist

tumblr_m2dq5dM1yz1rtpz32o2_1280.jpg

Health Ailments
Seasonal Allergies

Personality
Kammie is kind, energetic, and radiates happiness wherever she may go. She isn't afraid to make an impression, nor is she afraid to make a complete fool of herself. Laughter is the best medicine, and she tries her best to give everyone a dose or two, especially when she picks up on negative auras. She is carefree and a conversationalist, usually initiating one with a stranger and not feeling the slightest bit embarrassed about it. Sometimes, her filter goes haywire and she says or does things she doesn't mean, which is a problem with those who can be easily hurt. When something like this happens, Kammie apologizes over a million times and explains that it's just something she has yet to keep under control, her charismatic attitude is usually what gets her out of those awkward situations.

The young woman is a go-getter, an adventurer, and more diligent than you could ever imagine. She will try her hardest, for hours upon hours, to make someone feel more comfortable in her presence as well as offer advice that some may not desire. She knows when to pry and she knows when to allow someone to mull-it-out, but sometimes, in regards of her friends, Kammie can't help poke into the affairs that do not involve her. She is the one you would go to if you had relationship problems, but not one for large, life decisions. For the life of her, when it comes to choosing, Kammie has difficulty weighing her options and going with the best route. She sees potential in all outcomes (as well as people) and has a soft-spot for the misunderstood or the outcasts.

Overall, Kammie is too sweet, but never does she ever let her emotions get the best of her. She is incredibly organized and holds herself together whenever a problem arises. She may be scatter-brained in all other accounts, but when it comes to problem-solving, you can count on Kammie no matter what. She constantly finds herself wedged between a rock and a hard place and yet she finds the exit unscathed each time. She is empathetic, understanding the pain of others, and sometimes makes rash decisions according to how her friend's feel. The consequences to these decisions are quite messy, but Kammie always shakes her head and claims she would do them all over again.

Occupation
Street Entertainer AKA None

History
Kammie was born to a pair of extremely loving parents with three older brothers. Everything seemed alright in her younger years, she never really noticed daddy hitting mommy or shouting at her brothers until his face turned red. She didn't understand why daddy's breath always smelled like spice or why her mother always cried at night, alone in her bed until little Kammie would join her. She was too young to understand, until she turned into a teenager and two of her brothers had escaped from the hellhole. Her father gradually began to bring his fist down upon her, needed a way to blow off steam now that his two eldest had slipped beneath his fingers and no way for them to protect the girl. Kammie's mother got braver overtime, eventually standing up to her father, but, one night, he struck her too hard and the ambulance had to be called. Jacob, Kammie's father, covered in her mother's blood and whiskey, threatened that if Kammie didn't relay the made-up story, he wouldn't hesitate to make her life even more hellish. He had begun to mention her growing body, a gleam in his eyes, before she bursty into tears and agreed to lie to the police.

Her mother was never the same after that and when her third brother left, trying his best to take Kammie along--Jacob would have none of that--the brunette had nobody to protect her from the wrath her father possessed. Patricia, Kammie's mother, sank into depression and finally just disappeared one day. Kammie was eighteen when her mother left, leaving her helpless to her father's ways and despite her age she was unable to go anywhere. She had no money, she had no car, it was impossible for her to get a job and save up money to leave. After six months of torture; being beaten, thrown around, watched, and more, Kammie snapped. She took a metal bat to her fathers head, packed up her things, and ran as far away as she could go.

She has been on the road ever since, bouncing from skeezy motel to skeezy motel and sometimes sleeping on park benches. The invitation from Lord Upton had been delivered to her motel room and she knew it was everything she could have ever dreamed of. With the money, Kammie could change her name and possibly find somewhere to settle down. Her father had been severely injured that night, but he was not dead and the young woman knew he was desperately trying to find her. She would one day like to visit her brothers as well.

What reason do I have to doubt you?
She has snapped before, filled with rage and hatred, whose to say that won't happen again, but with more extreme actions? What would you do to runaway from life?

What reason do I have to trust you?
She is driven by love; love for her brothers and her long-forgotten mother, she just wants to see them again, safely. She wouldn't risk anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You

Ayame Sugata
⇐————————————————————————————————————————————————————————⇒
anigif_enhanced-buzz-10027-1380744891-5.gif

The Basics
"My name is Ayame Sugata, I'm twenty-three and It's been my absolute pleasure making your acquaintance."

Name: Ayame Sugata
Ethnicity: Japanese
Sexuality: Sapiosexual
Romantic Status: Is dating Alastair

tumblr_mbr47beS5x1ryibbro1_500.gif

Her Appearance
"That's all that matters to some people in this world, right? It's sad but you have to conform and embrace it to survive."

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 109 lbs.
Breast Size: A28
Eye color: Brown
Hair Color: Dark brown with chocolate highlights

tumblr_m24ox9W7xd1r9fktjo1_500.gif

Her Personality
"I'm really honest and I couldn't hold I grudge if I tried! I'm also very patient and understanding, though sometimes I can be a bit of a chatterbox~"

Attributes
| Manipulative | Liar | Loyal | Trustworthy | Inviting | Short Temper | Spiteful | Revenge-seeking | Chatterbox | Fun | Cautious | Introspective |

Ayame is a trained liar. She lies, manipulates and coerces for a living. She's only so good at this because these bad attributes are embedded into her personality. She is someone who always get's what she wants one way or the other. When she has her eye's set on something she won't let it go until she has it and will do nearly anything to get it. The something isn't always material and rarely is, Ayame isn't one to be attached to material items. She often lies, though she prefers to call it leaving out information or simply making the truth sound a different way by varying tone of voice and adjectives. So Ayame wouldn't tell a bold-faced lie you do have to wonder in what way does she mean a certain thing. She'll tell you your dog forcibly went somewhere else and won't mention that 'somewhere' is heaven. Not a lie, but not entirely the truth

On the better spectrum of her personality she is loyal and believe it or not, very trustworthy. Ayame doesn't lie about her relationship with a person, though let her tell it she doesn't lie period. Ayame tends to be straight forward when asked about how she feels about a person. She doesn't want any confusion on how much she likes or dislikes the person. Once you have earned Ayame's trust it's yours until you prove to be untrustworthy at which point you can never earn her trust back again. She is very loyal to those who've earned it and will be increasingly honest to that individual dependent on the amount of trust you've earned. She's a very chatty person and will strike up a conversation with near anyone. She likes to do many things and is usually a very fun person to be friends with.

When you haven't earned Ayame's trust you get the sneakier version of her. Ayame is naturally cautious but you'll begin to see this more and more as you interact with her if she dislikes you. Not many things can set her off but if you do manage to trigger her short temper she'll impulsively do something rash to hurt you. If you don't then she'll try to take you down and take everything you love from under your feet instead.

Underneath all of this Ayame is truly easily broken. If you matter and you hurt her you can have her crying for days.

| Painting | Drawing | Music | Playing piano | Karaoke | Sushi | Trying new things | Scuba diving | Cooking | Getting away with it | Sheet music |

Dislikes
| Being easily seen through | Overly honest people | Silence | Open closets | Small spaces | Psychoanalysis | Ethnic/Sexuality-based discrimination |

History

Ayame was the only girl in an all male family. She had two dads, one black and one mexican/white. Her three brothers were older than her and mexican, white and black respectively. (As in one was mexican, one was white and one was black). Early on they knew they were adopted and had to deal with knowing whoever birthed them hadn't wanted them. They faced a lot of scrutiny because of their parents sexuality and occasional ethnicity. Her brothers tended to shield Ayame from the worst of everything and were very protective over their baby sister. They were all Catholics and while the four siblings were adored within their church their dads were not liked. Often one of the adult members of the church would offer to let one of the siblings start living with them to 'Clear their lives of sin', as they so eloquently put it.

Her black dad was killed while their church was traveling deep south to go help with tornado destruction. A man waving a confederate flag passed by and shot him in the shoulder. He was still alive after this first attack but later a group of homophobic racists stormed into the house the family was in, beat the man up and shot him in the forehead. After this, the men had the nerve to say "You're welcome." to the family. as if they wanted that to occur. Thankfully her black brother was spared due to his lightly-colored skin that passed off as a slight tan to them.

After such traumatic events happening at a young age Ayame sarted developing bad habits such as lying. As far as her friends in school knew she had a white dad and mom, three white brothers and she was adopted because they wanted a girl. After learning lying could get her what she wanted she became more manipulative in nature. Eventually in college she found a guy who she fell in love with and easily saw through her facades. It was annoying at first, for all of her lies to be easily detected. The man however, taught her valuable life lessons about not hiding her family and standing up to homophobes and racists. Though, ironically she's a personal assistant to someone in the Republican party. Thankfully, he isn't racist and keeps his homophobia to himself.

tumblr_mj2323I2pp1s6hmdgo1_500.gif

Her Role
"I'm not a murdered, but no matter if I did it or not I'd still tell you the same thing if we're being honest here."

What reason do I have to doubt you?: She's a liar and manipulative and if she killed him she'd pretend to be horrified at his death and begin pretending to be suspicious of others as well as getting her story straight/ alibi ready through underhanded methods. Also she has a short temper with some things and is very defensive of her lover. If she was pissed off she could of done it and probably would of been smug. After all she does love getting away with it.

What reason do I have to trust you?: She's barely one hundred pounds and is very short. She could easily be over powered and taken down. Also she tends to like letting other people do her dirty work. If she wanted to kill the guy bad enough she'd of convinced someone else to do it, channel their rage and inflict it on him. On top of that she's deathly scared of doing any hard time. She knows she'd get chewed up and spat out in a prison and the mere thought of it keeps here mostly-lawful.

Alastair Addison
⊂‏————————————————————————————————————————————————————————⊃
sherlock.jpg

The Basics
"My name is Alastair Addison and anything else to know you'll simply have to figure out. We'll make a game of it."

Name: Alastair Addison
Ethnicity: British
Sexuality: Straight
Romantic Status: Dating Ayame

oiG9aIe.gif

His Appearance
"And in an alternate universe my societal contributions will matter more than if I'm dashing enough to play Prince Charming."

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Eye color: Light blue-green
Hair color: Black

tumblr_mc88zlzYsP1rzjjfeo1_250.gif

His Personality
"Let's be brief, I'm like everyone else- rough around the edges. Just more eccentric in nature."

Attributes

| Dynamic | Well-Spoken | Eccentric | Nosy | Blunt | Arrogant | Fun | Careful | Introspective | Eccentric |

Alastairs dominant traits are his eccentric and dynamic qualities qualities. He tends to throw reason out the window. He also ignores any and all social standards. He'll ride around in a shopping cart if that's what he feels needs to be done. He usually makes unexpected outbursts and is very confident when he speaks. He can be known to have strong opinions he's not afraid to share. Anything that needs to be said that everyone else isn't saying he'll say in a heartbeat. He tends to have a multitude of random vocal exclamations. He also enjoys turning everything into a game.

He, despite his societal short-comings is a very intellectual man. He knows a lot about a lot of things. He speaks in a way that assures you he knows what he's doing. He thinks rationally, even if his rational answer is to get eccentric. He considers things carefully and is fully self-aware. His intelligence causes him be arrogant at times. He'll easily put another person down, calling them of inferior intellectual capabilities. He's also blunt which makes this even worse.

He's intrusive by nature. He likes to know what everyone is doing and what they're thinking simply as a safety measure. He often uses his profession to deduce things in certain situations. Mind games are a hobby with him and he's fine with doing them on rare strangers. He's not as friendly as he is uncaring of people's opinions of him so he'll talk to anyone. He tends to be very uncaring of any moods in the room and won't modify for it.

| Fast-movement | Surprises | Learning | Politics | Discounting others opinions | Trying new things | Art | Classical music | Winter | Literature | Debates |

Dislikes
| Being wrong | Being yelled at | Unnecessary vulgarity | Overly honest individuals | Obvious liars | Simplistic people | Monotony | Schedules |

History

He grew up in a privileged but neglected home. His mother was a extremely powerful lawyer and his father an extremely powerful politician. Together they were unstoppable. They had a child by accident and being the republicans they were abortion was never an option. Alastair was born and any new technology was thrown at him as he pleased to keep him busy and out of their lives. Alastair was only used for political gain. Affection was something he learned to be only shown when useful. Since he didn't interact with people very often, being given various tutors and going to small private schools when necessary he grew up socially awkward.

When thrown into highschool he had no idea what he was doing. He learned to watch his peers and learned what they were thinking. He was initially disliked because of how odd he was. Unnaturally beautiful in both mind and body, in opinion anyways. In college after moving from Great Britain to America he was severely popular however. His social skills honed from four years of watching and learning. He met Ayame at a party, the girl stole his watch that he left on a table then later lied about it. Alastair hadn't known or suspected her, Ayame so eloquently put the blame on someone nobody really liked anyways. The watch was returned the next night, on the doorknob of his dormroom. Only after speaking more with her and learning her intricate way of getting away with things did he figure out she'd done it.

From Ayame who was always changing and conforming to get away with things simply to see if Alastair could figure it out he became a lot better at what he did and became one of the top Psychology students. He and Ayame had grown unintentionally close, their unique personalities and sociopathic outlook on life (though neither are true sociopaths) harmonizing them and allowing Alastair to stop conforming with what he saw people do but to be himself.

tumblr_n2v7brSQh41rzik3go1_500.gif

His Role
"If I was the killer I'd say I wasn't and if Ayame was I'd say I was. I suppose it's up to you then?"

What Reason Do I Have To Doubt You?: Love can do things to a man like Alastair. He'd been unliked most of his life and for college liked only because he acted the way people wanted him to. He finally found someone who accepted him despite all of his flaws and oddities and he'd do anything for her- including murder perhaps?

What Reason Do I Have To Trust You?: Simple, Alastair is very intelligent man. There is a such thing as the perfect crime but he's certainly not the one who could carry it out. He'd have so much fun trying to get everyone to figure it out he couldn't simply hide it and move on. Also, it's worth mentioning he'd tell you he did it if he suspected Ayame of doing it.

• Thank You

DO NOT HESITATE TO TELL ME WHAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!
I wrote this all really fast, so my apologies for any mistakes or jumbled sentences~
You did wonderfully! Everything I requested for my own bio, as well as adding your own information, very nicely done!

You did wonderfully! Everything I requested for my own bio, as well as adding your own information, very nicely done!
Thank you! I simply added in tidbits that help me portray my character better in the IC Thread~ I'm glad you approve!

2f5c252b3a47cfc488a0511904fba131.jpg

1-a-TWP-BOTTOM-post-divider-branch.png

NAME
Riza Riyoko
(Pronounced: 'Resa')

BIRTHDAY & AGE
January 21st ​[Aquarius] & Twenty

ETHNICITY
Japanese and Caucasian

SEXUALITY
Heterosexual

HEIGHT
5'8"

WEIGHT
123lb.

OCCUPATION
College Student/Journalist Intern

DESCRIPTION | APPEARANCE
Riza is a tall and slender young woman with soft, smooth skin and a petite frame to her slim body. Finely structured facial features accent her dark and vivid brown eyes in which resemble melted chocolate. Riza's hair is silky and fairly long; it reaches to her shoulder blades and happens to be a honey blonde in hue. The female overall appears to be quite delicate due to her undeniable beauty, but she happens to walk and stand with a certain grace and prowess. Riza carries herself with certainty and determination, making her seem powerful all the same. There's even strength within her pretty voice.

DESCRIPTION | PERSONALITY
Riza is incredibly intellectual as well as careful and accurate in the way she does things. A logical thinker and at times, a perfectionist, you'll never catch her being careless. However, she does have a good sense of humor with the situation calls for it. Somewhat reserved and even a little shy around people she doesn't know, she can come off cold or harsh or simply snobby due to the fact she won't talk much at first. Even so she holds none of those previously mentioned traits- she can be incredibly friendly and even sweet if given the chance. Riyoko has a level head on her shoulders and she's gotten far in life with focusing on more important things rather than boys or parties or generally anything of the sort. Though she's actually always been quite the hopeless romantic and sensitive, she won't let that show too much. Even though she's attractive she doesn't much care and is very humble; you'll never meet a more trustworthy person. Open-minded and a dreamer, secretly. In fact, she can be spontaneous and is insanely passionate about everything she puts her heart into. Independent and even a bit rebellious, she is one of a kind and possesses many unique aspects to her wonderful personality. Most of all, however, she's a loyal person. Until the end.

HISTORY
Riza was born into an upper middle-class family with a kind mother and a hard-working father, but this doesn't mean her life was comfortable. In her opinion it was but that was because she was raised in such a way to believe that; her father had strict rules set for his one and only child, and he believed she needed to be pushed harder since her mother was American. The girl was actually born in Tokyo, but her mother met her father in Japan. Almost ever free hour she had from school was dedicated to nothing but study, and while this was tiresome Riyoko believes it benefited her greatly what with the talents she picked up, such as playing violin and writing. As you would have guessed, her love and passion for writing grew and has earned her the career goal of becoming a journalist. It's what she aspires towards. In all honesty, if Riza didn't have anything to work for or a aim in life she'd be utterly lost. The entirety of her lifetime has been centered around hard work and being beaten harshly if she didn't abide by the rules her father set for her. It had the best of intentions but in the end it was handled the wrong way. Now the poor woman doesn't know when to stop, and one day, worrying too much might become a health issue. Some of her friends joke about how she doesn't seem to know how to relax, but there's always been some actual concern carved into the humorous words.

However, there's a reason Riyoko can seem guarded around men. Her uncle, on her mother's side brought upon her a very traumatic experience in her life in which she wasn't sure she could overcome. When she was around fifteen he was the only one home with her since her parents were on a business trip- therefore he thought he could get away with raping her. And tragically, he did. Even so, Riza managed to pull herself out of the trauma that slowly engulfed her and focus on more important aspects in her life. School and work, and so far, that's helped her out some. As much as she wants to love someone she's afraid to do to that event that happened so long ago, though.

WHAT REASON DO I HAVE TO DOUBT YOU?
There isn't much reason to doubt Riza; but do to the more sadistic events that happened in her life, one could use it to explain a sudden snap in the young woman. Perhaps her sights are aimed at purely men for what the one did to her when she was but a wee teenager. Either way, the delicate flower couldn't possibly do something like that.

WHAT REASON DO I HAVE TO TRUST YOU?
Riyoko would never hurt anyone. She's a peaceful soul and not only that, it takes a lot of work just to piss her off. Now, annoying her is a different story, but anger takes a lot. Killing someone... she's probably not even capable of. Too little strength to accomplish such an act with nothing but her bear hands and too nervous to complete such an action with a weapon of any kind. It's just not who she is.

1-a-TWP-BOTTOM-post-divider-branch.png

734a07df55c9841b602be8363a69570c.jpg

pf4sDY4.png

NAME
Jonathan 'Jon' James Bourne

BIRTHDAY & AGE
October 24th​[Scorpio] & 28

ETHNICITY
Italian & Caucasian

SEXUALITY
Heterosexual

HEIGHT
6'1"

WEIGHT
162lb.

OCCUPATION
Lawyer

DESCRIPTION | APPEARANCE
Jonathan is a tall and toned, handsome man. There's a certain charm to his smile and facial expressions that can be off-putting and give off a bad vibe, as if he's up to something even when he's not. Stubble adorns his sculpted jaws and a light mustache is found on his upper lip. It's the same color as his soft and fluffy hair- a rich brown. Jon's eyes are a vibrant forest green.

DESCRIPTION | PERSONALITY
Jonathan is a quiet man whom doesn't have much to say, mainly because he's more observant to his surroundings than anything. It gives many the impression of mysteriousness. Though there's a certain charm to him, there's also a coldness there. Emotionless eyes full of striking knowledge can tend to make him intimidating; he can read people like a book and their weaknesses are easily figured out by this man, making his career choice all the more pleasurable. Jon is always seeking the absolute truth and can be a detective of sorts, eager to understand the reason behind things most would overlook or wouldn't give a second glance. His opinions are stout and if you don't agree with his beliefs he will strike you down for it and quickly have you feel like a fool. His cunning and ambitious attitude makes him seem dark and powerful; he's fearless and should not be tampered with. He also tends to be a ticking time bomb as far as patience goes, and his anger will easily get the better of him. Whatever you do, do not challenge him. Jon can easily become a force to be reckoned with and he's not afraid to go to certain lengths to get his way.

HISTORY
Jonathan's early life was rather hectic; his mother was an angel in the ground since birth and his father was a drunk whom often took his problems out on his son. Abusive and vile towards others, some of this clearly fell onto his offspring. When Jon was around sixteen his older brother allowed him to move into an apartment with him and from then Jon was a troublemaker- yet he made nearly straight A's in school. So, his brother enrolled him into law school when he was older and unsure what else he could do with himself and his future, Jonathan accepted it and followed the path that lead to his current career. He's a bit violent with his cases and has only lost around two out of the many he's been involved in. Jon is considered one of the best lawyers around and is originally from New York where pay for him is expensive. He currently lives on his own and when he received the letter, quite the smirk lit up his lips.

WHAT REASON DO I HAVE TO DOUBT YOU?
Everything about Jonathan practically screams murder.
But the question is, is he too good a guess for being the murderer? What intention could he possibly have to kill? Perhaps he wants to be the new owner and will stop at nothing to have his way, even if that means getting his hands dirty. But he has too much to lose, just as well. He has anger issues and mysterious atmosphere about him which could easily lead to him being the first accused responsible for the deaths.

WHAT REASON DO I HAVE TO TRUST YOU?
Jonathan has too much to lose, and actually, he seems to good a fit to be the actual murderer. It's always the least suspected. Or is it?

pf4sDY4.png

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Name: Chao Wu
Height: 5'5"
Description:
ml0069.jpg

Personality: Chief (ENTJ)
Passionate | Loyal/Vengeful | Perfectionist | Organized | Arrogant
Chao can be very focused on certain things once they have caught her interest, and becomes very hard to deter her from her somewhat unrealistic goals. She rarely achieves any of these goals, but because she has such high expectations, it does turn out somewhat good. Her passions can come and go, but two main ones never seemed to reside. And those subjects were track and field and cooking. The only reason that she likes cooking though is because she's a foodie.

She can also be pretty loyal, especially to her colleagues and friends. Though if she doesn't get the same treatment, she'll immediately hate said person. She usually trusts people right away, so betrayel I something she doesn't take lightly. Depending on the situation, she'll do anything to get her vengeance. She even went so far as getting someone fired for taking credit for something she worked hard for.

Chao is a perfectionist in almost everything she does. She loves praise and the self satisfaction of just doing better than good. Thus she takes everything into fine details, and sometimes she even raises her standards if she's already doing a good enough job at it. If she fails however, she gets frustrated and often will vent out through physical exercise. This quality of hers stresses her out more than anything.

Along with being a perfectionist, Chao is very organized. She likes being neat and tidy because she finds it very useful, and will help in the speed of getting things done in an orderly manner. She carries an agenda wherever she goes, and will update it on the spot. Her few friends have trouble inviting her out to eat because once she writes it down, she will rarely changes it for just anybody. Unless of course, said time just involves her free time. She would gladly move whatever if it's just her free time that needs to be moved.

Chao can be very full of herself, even to the point of being called narcissistic. She would never admit it, but she does know of her common fault. She's beautiful for her standards, and pretty good in fitness related activities. So she takes great pride in said things. When someone tries to out do her, she'll go to great lengths just to show them up. Though this doesn't count for everything, like academic wise, she won't do anything because she knows that she's not too smart. Nonetheless, she won't say it.
History:
Chao was born in Hong Kong, as a single child to a middle class family. Her father and mother decided to immigrate for a better job oppurtunity when she was three. They started alright when they arrived, life had it's up and downs. Just like most other families. She was happy with what she had, though sometimes envied the richer children. Her father worked as a shop owner, and things were turning up well, until a certain friend asked him for a business partnership. Things were turning out great until his friend abandoned him for another. This was how she got her loyalty complex. She carries this with her in present day, and does everything she can to fill in what she thought her father deserved. At present day, she takes care of her parents herself. Though she hires personal caretakers if she ever needs to travel far.​

What reason do I have to doubt you?: Her loyalty complex goes far depending on the situation. She's never actually murdered someone before, but if someone really pushed it, I guess she would.
What reason do I have to trust you?: She doesn't want to be separated from her parents. Not when she's come this far.

Name: Mathias Percival
Height: 6'4"
Description:
thomas-liden-christian-rios-03.jpg

Personality: Defender (ISFJ)
Sympathetic | Kind | Shy | Humble | Observant
Mathias is very empathetic, thus he's usually the person his friends go to for their problems. Introverted, sure, but he easily relates to others. Wether he experianced what they went through or not. He likes to listen, and feels it's his duty whenever people discuss things with him. Sometimes he'll give some advice, but most of the time, he's just there to assure them that someone's on their side. He dislikes giving advice to people because he lacks the confidence on what he's saying.

He is also pretty kind, especially to those that he deems need help. Wether it's mentally or physically, thus he just tries to be kinder in general. This includes giving random compliments to strangers when he finds it appropriate, or even giving change to the homeless. He doesn't know why he's like this, all he knows is that he wants to change humanity for the better. Even it's a minuscule ripple of change, he finds it important to do what he can.

Like stated before, Mathias has very low self-esteem. Even when the situation calls for it, he often talks when everyone else is finished because he fears he might interrupt someone. Unfortunately, this usually meant that the conversation was over. A lot of people use this to take advantage of him, though he has enough friends that are willing to defend him. He's determind to overcome this one day, but probably not now.

Mathias is humble, and finds it more comforting to cheer others of their accomplishments. He hates being the center of attention, positive or negative. So he isn't necessarily humble, he's just a shy person that would rather hide in a corner somewhere. It annoys him when people compliment him anyways, and will usually brush it off as quickly as possible. The only time he'll accept any kind of criticism is when it's someone close to him.

Mathias can be observant when he's bored, and only does so because he usually focuses all of his attention on the people who are talking. Not like eavesdropping, but in conversations. When he's by himself, he picks up on random things instead. He keeps most of the information inside, but likes to notice them anyway. This is one of the only things that helps boost his confidence, even if it's just himself that's doing all the praising.
History:
Mathias was in Washington D.C, to a pair of high class citizens. He had two older brothers as well. From a very young age, he was interested in music. His parents thought it was just a phase children went through, but when he started spending his allowance money for lessons, they stopped him immediately. Unlike his brothers, he wasn't really interested in the sciences. But his parents tried to change that. And went a little to overboard when they refused to go to a concert he planned for them. He moved out and lived with his friend, Ryan. He didn't bring anything with him. Fortunately, he's now learning about musical instruments and then teaching them to others in turn.

What reason do I have to doubt you?: He has a strong sense of justice, especially when someone is harmed because they lack the freedom. He might lead to murder if it's drastic enough.
What reason do I have to trust you?: He's shy and physically weak. It'll be hard for him to commit murder unless he had preparation, which he probably wouldn't be able to have.​

• Thank You
Sorry my name's such a pain to fit in in, @Lillian Gray . XD Also, I'm nearly done with my second character. I'll make sure to finish him up before I pass out tonight. :)

Sorry my name's such a pain to fit in in, @Lillian Gray . XD Also, I'm nearly done with my second character. I'll make sure to finish him up before I pass out tonight. :)
I figured it out! Everyone has their username ID in their profile URL. But yes. I stared at it for a while like "What kind of 'F' is that"

You still have time! I'm just about to mark the thread as closed as far as applications go. Once everyone has submitted both of their characters, I can open up the actual thread and get this all going!

I hope it was clear, but one lucky player actually gets to be the murderer. I'm simply waiting for all of the applicants before I decide who gets to play the part. So far, everyone is doing very well, and we have a pretty diverse group which is great to see!

Ah, darn. Was about to post my characters. Oh well, have fun you all ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.