When the Lights Go Out (Character Signup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillian Gray

Craft Master
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Medieval, Action, Magic, Sci-fi

KIXxbVR.png

Hello, esteemed guest! We are the respective personal Maid and Butler to our honorable Lord. Our names are unimportant, what is important, dear sir or madame, is you.

You have been selected among the vast pool of applicants for further screening in participating in a dinner with or esteemed Lord Taylor Upton. The purpose is of course to determine who will inherit his fortune. Money is a powerful motivation, and we would only ask that the best be introduced to each other in order to select one fortunate heir or heiress among you. While Lord Upton he is unable to greet you personally, please take the time to complete the survey below, so we can further be acquainted.

Name: Name
Height: Height
Description: (either an image or description is acceptable)
Personality: Personality
History: History

What reason do I have to doubt you?: (AKA why are you the murderer?)
What reason do I have to trust you?: (AKA why wouldn't you be the murderer?)

We appreciate your prompt reply, and ever look forward to having you as our guest for the evening.

*Please note, if you would like to participate in this rp, contact @Lillian Gray, this rp is a closed group*

Story can be found here.
OOC Thread can be found here.

*Posting deadline for at least one character is Sunday, December 21st. If possible, we will start on Sunday, December 29th. With both finals and the holiday season approaching, I am very willing to be flexible.

There are many of you, so I ask you all to be considerate of being prompt for the sake of both your fellow partners and the sake of the story's progression.

Thank you

This story is no longer taking applications.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Krimp and Rainjay
Name:
Zena Rush

Height:
5'3"

Description:
MV5BMTMyMzgyMDIyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA0MjM0Ng@@._V1_SY317_CR32,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Personality:
Zena is what you might expect to be the result of a broken, middle class marriage. Her parents, one a high end lawyer and the other a practiced surgeon, both left their mark on the young girl from a young age. She was spoiled rotten when she was a small girl; there was nothing else she could have ever wanted, because she already had gotten it all. She grew to expect lavish gifts and extravagance, although she was also taught at an early age not to sass her parents, and to keep her attitude and ego in check. She is an impeccable actress, great at masking her expression and emotions, mostly to play to the weaknesses of others and her own personal wants. Her parents were tough nuts to crack, and once she figured out how to bypass the mom-and-dad radar, she figured she could pass through anybody. She has an ability to look incredibly innocent when she wants to- innocent, sweet, and precious. As such, it can be assumed that she is a pathological liar, is relatively greedy, and is quite cunning. Despite all of that she still holds a weak spot in her heart, where she actually does care for her family and some of the people around her.

Student

History:
As mentioned before, Zena was born into the middle class, her mother a lawyer and her father an eccentric surgeon. It was he who insisted on giving Zena such a strange name, a weird combination of his mothers and his sisters names. As a child she was granted a lavish lifestyle; Christmas trees with hundreds of little gifts, massive birthday parties, the best money could buy. Although she went to a public school and didn't live in a mansion, she lived like a diva.

What reason do I have to doubt you?: "I'm an impeccable actress. I could steal your worst secrets, tell the world, and you wouldn't know. I could be your best friend, and lie straight to your face."
What reason do I have to trust you?: "I'm just a kid. What reason do I have for murdering anybody? I'm not a gold digger, at least not yet. I could be convinced."

----

Name:
Mariona Mauve Nighman

Height:
5'9"

Description:
170008558-headshot-of-woman-with-curly-hair-and-gettyimages.jpg

Personality:
Mariona is an easily lovable person. She has a ton of friends and it's not hard to see why. She is a free spirit, and goes where the wind goes, with little direction in her life. Her personal motto would have to be "Why not?" She is down to earth when it comes to her work, however, which she takes seriously and loves passionately. Her family jokes that she loves her job more than her own husband. She is diligent, hardworking, and caring.

Lit professor

History:
Mariona, commonly called Marion or Mauve, was born into an upper middle class family in a college/university town. She lived there for most of her life in a family home that was about a century or two old, and incredibly large in size; about two or three branches of the family lived there, including her cousins and nephews/nieces. Eventually her 'segment' of the family moved out, that being her father, mother, and brother, Epsilon Rush, and they moved into a bit of a smaller, but equally impressive home in a neighboring city. Her parents were both working in business, and made impressive salaries, although they were saved up for university funds and emergency saving accounts instead of spent on gifts and private schooling.

Mariona went to university in the city of her birth, studying language and literature. She received a teaching degree before she began to teach in a nearby high school, before she received a higher degree and moved into teaching at a local college. When she was twenty-five, she began to teach at the university she studied at, with a high salary of her own.

Her older brother moved to a city nearby to pursue being a doctor and eventually had a child, Zena Rush, named after Mariona and their mother, Zeta Rush. Their eccentric mother had been named, and also named her children, after the Greek alphabet- for apparently no reason at all.

What reason do I have to doubt you?: "I don't really see why you would. I'm a lit professor, on the straight and narrow and have been all my life. Although, I suppose if things got down to life or death, I could kill to live. Either way, I'd need a pretty hefty incentive. Family, I guess."

What reason do I have to trust you?: "I've already told you, I'm just a lit professor that's never touched a weapon on my life, unless you count cooking knives. What am I gonna do, kill people with Shakespeare?"​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Lillian Gray

Damon, Red
damon.gif
Name: Damon 'Day' Courtier
Height: 6'2
Description:
Andrew-Men-s-Health-2012-andrew-lincoln-35907444-320-480.png

Personality:
Damon has a complicated personality, but his main trait is having a kind heart and having a leader type role in him. He finds himself helping others and controlling people when havoc happens and he's good at calming people down. He goes straight to the point and tries to get right on something, which he will investigate. Damon is very brave and will stand up for something whenever he thinks he needs to, he won't be scared to check something out.

Damon is very dependable when he's not doing a job, he will care for you but he cares more about the whole group. Damon has his suspicions which means he's not a welcoming man, he will try to find the facts before coming to conclusions. He is great at noticing just the smaller things, maybe noticing things gone missing. Damon thinks of the mathematical then the imagination of things, which helps
him come to conclusions and facts.

Damon is not honest to people he had just met besides managers and co workers, most of the time, so he will lie to keep his suspicions up in tact. Damon is definitely not patient and will want to finish something and not take breaks, he will keep going even if he has to drag everyone else on his back. Damon is very professional and is determined to finish something.
Police Officer.
History:
Damon had been raised by his father his whole life, because his mother had left when he was four years old. His father was an ex general in the US army and had retired before his son was born. Damon showed his braveness and respect, showing him how to use a gun and different skills. When Damon was twelve when his father died from diabetes, it was in his family ancestry and fortunately he didn't get it. His uncle and aunt adopted him and his aunt became a mother figure showing him honesty and harmony.

Damon had aced his subjects every year and was really smart, when he got into college he studied to become a police father. So when Damon did the tests to become a police office and aced them. Damon became one of the best on the force knowing what to do at any time, he is currently a police officer in North Carolina.
What reason do I have to doubt you?:
I have killed a few men since i am an officer, which means i wouldn't hesitate to take out somebody i think that would harm us.
What reason do I have to trust you?:
I wouldn't kill someone just because i want to, i will kill if there is a specific reason.

Shawn, Blue
yLhqsMGK.gif
Name:
Shawn Hernandez
Height:
6'0
Description:
Southern-A-List-Chadwick-Boseman-700.jpg

chadwickbosemanjackierobinson42.jpg

Personality:
Shawn is very courageous and an adventurous guy, he loves to explore without any thoughts. Shawn is a nice guy but won't let himself get stomped on or taken advantage of. He can be very comedic but knows when to be serious at most times, but can be very childish. Shawn is very loyal and always keeps his word even when it gets hard too, he will also stand up for his friends and family and will do something about it. Shawn can also be very aggressive and put his anger into hitting things or putting his aggression on people.

Shawn can also be dishonest and lie to save others behind, he is selfless and will put himself before others. Shawn is very open minded to ideas especially when he has none, but will tell you when it is a dumb idea. Even though Shawn can be very childish at times, he is responsible and will step up on the task when he needs too. He can be very imaginative and really creative when it comes to thinking of ideas.
Baseball player
History:
Shawn was born in a zoo of a home with nine brothers and ten sisters, with his uncle, aunt and his parents which had the household at 24, it was really hard to afford to pay the bills so when each child each turned 15 they would have to get a job, but when Shawn turned 15 he had no luck with any jobs being called too childish. He would play baseball after school and was actually amazing at it, his father would play catch after work and show him a lot of skills.

Shawn was spotted by a talent consultant at age nineteen and played for different junior teams. When he turned twenty two he got into the MBL and played for Toronto blue jays. But when he had lost a game one night and was walking to the parking lot, he was jumped by several men in hoods and roughed him up, they also fractured his elbow and couldn't play for the mbl. He know currently is unemployed but has his paychecks that would last him at least three years.
I can get really aggressive when i'm mad, which i might lose myself if i get furious.
I am a good person and i would never kill someone on purpose, that would go against my morales.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
, purple
bHHfyzk.gif

zus8bhs.jpg

Name:

Gigi Vanderpump

Height:

5'10"

Description:

YzYS6gB.jpg

Personality:

Gigi can be a hand full when she doesn't want to be bothered. Some people would even say that she can be a bitch sometimes. Most of the time Gigi is a fun party girl, she just likes to have fun, but who doesn't? Once you get to know Gigi you'll either love her or hate her. Most people love her. Gigi also knows that she can use her looks and her body to get anything she wants. She used her looks to pass junior and senior year of high school. No one knows that she flirted with her teacher to get all A's, but Gigi wouldn't care if they did know. Gigi is brash and straight to the point, if she doesn't like you she will not act like she does; she'll tell you to your face the way she feels about you. If you stay out of Gigi's way then you won't have any problems, if you get in her way...good luck.

Model/Actress

History:

Gigi's life was normal, she grew up in a small family (she was an only child). Her parents were a doctor and a real estate agent. The only thing that really made Gigi mad was when they told her she couldn't pursue her modeling and acting dreams. They wanted her to be a doctor or a real estate agent like them. Gigi always had the "Go My Own Way Or No Way" spirit about her. She doesn't want to end up like her boring parents she wanted to see the world and have fun. Her parents knew that when Gigi said she was going to do something she meant it. Now Gigi is doing her modeling and starting her acting career, she hasn't been in any big budget movies yet, but she's hoping one day she'll get there.

After Gigi got the letter about the inheritance, she couldn't wait to get to the house and do whatever she needed to do to get the money. When it comes to money Gigi will fight, lie, cheat, even kill if she had to. Gigi loves money more then she loves anything else in the world.

When it comes to getting something Gigi wants she'll do whatever it takes. The price just has to be right for her to do it. Don't get fool she may look nice but she has a mean streak, let's just hope no one has to see it.

For Gigi to actually consider killing someone it would have to be something big. Gigi does not just go around trying to kill people for fun, she can be mean but not a murderer. Besides Gigi can't get her favorite make up in jail a duh!

, green
lrTvyQg.gif

hqjtJE5.jpg

Name:

Leo Clooney

Height:

6'3"

Description:

wT434aD.jpg

Personality:

Leo is a fun guy, he likes to party, drink, do some drugs. Normal 20 year old guy stuff. Except Leo is very sneaky, he went to jail for 2 months for robbing his friends apartment, and selling the jewelry he took from her. Most of his friends that he still has doesn't trust him no more. They shouldn't trust him. Leo is known as "Mr. Sticky Fingers", he can take your wallet from you while giving you a "hug". You have to watch Leo he can steal from the White House if he had the chance. He'll take your watch and ask if you need help finding it, knowing the whole time that he has it. Leo can be the most charming guy but he only puts on the charm if he wants something from someone. Don't let Leo get you into a long deep conversation by the time it's over he'll have your wallet and the jewelry your wearing; before you even knew he had it.

Pizza Delivery Boy

History:

Leo really didn't have a family, once he was 10 it was like he was on his own. His parents were immigrants from Germany, they didn't really have any money when they came to America. His mother died in a car accident when he was 5, and his father begin to drink after the death. His father couldn't take the loss of his wife, two days after Leo's 9th birthday he hung himself. Leo's grandparents moved to America to try and take care of him, but they were old; and they knew less English then Leo's parents combined. Leo had to teach them English so he could get into school and not go to a foster home. Leo knew how to cook when he was 12 since they couldn't cook for him. When Leo was 13 that was when he knew he could get things quick if he stole and sold the things. He stole from his neighbor's house after telling her he would mow her lawn. The neighbor never suspected the 13 year old, thinking that she must of misplace the jewelry. From then on Leo knew that this was the best way to get quick money, as long as he didn't get caught of course.

After getting out of jail and finding a part time job, Leo thought his thieving ways were done, until he got a letter to come to some Lord's house. If he was picked he would get an inheritance; a load of money. Leo didn't care if he didn't get picked he would get something out of this trip one way or another.

Leo is very sneaking, maybe if someone caught him doing something he didn't want to be caught doing, he might have to handle them. Leo is very careful about what he does and how he does it, he would make sure there was no loose ends.

Leo may be a thief but he couldn't imagine ever killing someone. Leo has done some low down things to get quick money...but to kill someone? He has never even killed a rodent or a bug before.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Devon Lilburn

Height: 5'10

Personality: Devon has always been told he was gifted. From a young age, he was always told how special he was. Naturally, the endless stream of compliments got to his head; the only thing that exceeds his intellect is his ego. Decreed mildly sociopathic by a string of experts, Devon shows little interest in others. If he has a goal in mind, he will put all of his formidable intellect towards the task of completing it. Anything in his way, friends, family, the law, they are all seen the same way: as an obstacle to be cleared.

History: One of three sharp minded children, Devon was always the sharpest. His parents believed in all of their children, and pushed them all to reach the heights of their potential. As the smartest, Devon was consequently pushed the hardest.

Unfortunately, Devon didn't take to this 'encouragement' the way his parents hoped. The problem was, they couldn't really do anything about it. His grades were always more than passable, and he participated in the required amount of extra-curricular groups. The problem was his lack of effort. He always did well enough to avoid both trouble and notice, gliding in that grey realm of anonymity that he should have soared above.

He earned a place at a respectable university and recently completed his first year of Economics; a subject he finds dull, but simple.

What reason do I have to doubt you?: "When I want something, I'll do anything to get it. Anything."

What reason do I have to trust you?: "I couldn't care less about money. My parents are more than good enough to get me by for the rest of my life: what would I want with a fortune?"

Cassidy 'Cass' Ngato, orange

Height: 5'5

Personality: Bubbly, flirtatious and always seen with a smile on her face, Cass could easily be described as the eternal optimist. She finds the silver lining in every cloud, and her infectious energy can always liven up a bleak situation. She trusts easily and tends to see the good in everyone - at the expense of ignoring the bad. Her earlier years taught her that if you want something, you have to earn it; this code has led her to a strong work ethic and a refusal to back down to a challenge.

History: Cassidy was raised in South Africa. Her mother was South African through and through, but her father's ancestry tied back to an ancient, ritualistic tribe that had faded from the world some hundred years before she was born. Life was tough, and her family earned little; Cass soon learned her way around the rougher streets of Cape Town to help provide for her family. Many former hard-cases took a liking to the young and energetic girl who was always smiling, and still remember her fondly.

Her family was fortunate enough to be able to emigrate to the United States when Cass was 14. Cass never took for granted the safety that she had in the country, and worked hard throughout school to make the most of her opportunity; many of her friends were doomed to a life of addiction back in South Africa.

By no means an academic, Cass barely scraped by in school despite her best efforts. At the age of 16, she dropped out. At 18 she moved out of home to live with friends. She's been working ever since, and says she saving up enough to start up her own business - though she refuses to mention what sort of business that may be..

What reason do I have to doubt you? "I've done things in the past. Things I'm not proud of. Things a girl had to if she wanted to get ahead where I grew up."

What reason do I have to trust you? "I see the best in people - I love just about everyone I meet! There's no way I'd kill anyone - what a horrible thing to even think about!"

• Thank You
Name: Hector Henson
Height: 1,89m (~6'2)
Description:
Nestor+Carbonell+100.png

Personality: Edgy, impatient, cynical
History: Hector is a typical businessman, son of the famous Braddock Henson, owner of the Henson Industries. After the death of his father, Hector started to run the company. In his run, the company grew bigger, turning it into a billion dollars business. Due to trouble with the share-holders, he lost everything except for a few million dollars he saved on his own account. He doesn't trust people very much, and is completely cynic about Lord Upton invitation. He believes there is more to the invitation than it meets the eye. Seeing as Lord Upton is trying to choose a heir, Hector decided to keep his opinions to himself, to not to spoil his chances.
What reason do I have to doubt you?: Would do anything to get his fortune back.
What reason do I have to trust you?: Isn't the sort of guy who would go around killing people with his own hands.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Charles Henson
Height: 1,72m (~5'6)
Description:
Penguin.png

Personality: Careless, lazy, hedonistic.
History: Charlie is the younger brother of Hector. Constantly misbehaving in public, he feels out of place on a family that's all about the money. During the fall of his father company, he took all the money he could carry and traveled across the world, getting to know new cultures. Eventually, he was kidnapped and all his money was stolen. After spending two months captive, the police still couldn't find him, and the kidnappers were asking for more money than his family had. He got away by himself, in a risky runaway. Nowadays he acts as if nothing ever happened to him, as if he isn't even a bit traumatized. He fears that the invitation from Lord Upton has something to do with the kidnapping.
What reason do I have to doubt you?: Killed before in order to escape the kidnappers
Has no clear motive; not cold blooded;

• Thank You
Name: Annie Blake
Height: 5'10"
Description:
Street_3287-Tami-Williams-@tamiwilliamsofficial-500x333.jpg

Personality: Annie is an extremely intelligent girl, with a kind heart. She would never purposely hurt someone's feelings and she ever did, she probably didn't realize she was doing so. If her err, is brought to her attention, she would apologize immediately and profusely. Because of her desire for knowledge, Annie is a good listener and tends to encourage others to talk about themselves more.
History: Annie has always had a thirst for knowledge. She absorbed information like a sponge, and remembered what she learned forever. She received top marks in all of her schooling, and it seemed as though she would be accepted early to a prestigious college, although she didn't know what she wanted to major in yet. Her life seemed perfect, but alas
disaster struck, when Annie was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. Annie was devastated, as the doctors told her that because they had discovered the cancer early, they could treat her without amputating her legs, but the cost of the procedure was extremely high. Annie thought that there was no hope for her until she received Lord Taylor Upton's invitation.

What reason do I have to doubt you?: She had nothing to lose.
What reason do I have to trust you?: Annie's a smart girl, she would never kill the potential source of the solution to all her problems.

Name: Imogen Whit
Height: 5'7"
Description:
28122_900.jpg

Personality: Imogen is a crass and crude girl, with no filter. When she isn't working, or doesn't need you for something, she'll tell you what she thinks about you straight up. She doesn't like it when people aren't straightforward or hesitant commit to a cause (or just her cause).
When she's working however, Imogen is the definition of sugary sweet. She'll butter you up, and flatter you till the sun comes up if it means she'll get treated better.
History: Imogen was born poor and stayed poor up until her eighteenth birthday. She'd always lived in a crappy neighborhood with shady people, but she'd never been approached by one of those said people. When she became an adult however, she was approached by a man named Diego, who she thought at the time, was her ticket to getting out of her hell hole of a life. However less than a week later she soon came to realize that Diego was the worst thing to ever happen to her, but at that point she was in too deep and getting away from him would take a lot of money and a lot of time, neither of which she had.
Nine years after the start of her miserable profession, Imogen decided that she was tired of that life, and ran away from Diego, who if he caught her, would most likely kill her for running, or worse.
When she got the Taylor Upton's invitation, Imogen jumped at the chance to finally obtaining the life she deserved.

What reason do I have to doubt you?: She has a shady background and occupation. Everyone always thinks the worst of the one with the lowest and 'immoral' lifestyle.
What reason do I have to trust you?: The fortune is her ticket to a better life and leaving her bad past behind. Why would she want to screw that up?

• Thank You
Name: Dr. Sabina Konstantinova
Height: 5'8
tumblr_ngwzegSjBk1sywxb9o1_400.jpg

Description: ^ (Model - Bruna Tenorio)
Personality: Analytic, Intellectual, Neurotic, Superstitious, Romantic
History: Daughter of Romanian/Russian immigrants living in America, Sabina has always felt like an outsider. Growing up, she was always at the top of her class and struggled making friends. Highly focused, alert, sensitive, as well as having some unusual interests, she had difficulty relating to her peers. When she started pursuing Psychology and attended University, things became substantially better socially. However, she still struggled with neurosis from the past but Psychology helped her cope. She received her doctorate in it last year. All was going well until Sabina fell in love with a patient around her same age. Appointments with them became romantic encounters. This went on for a few months until the relationship was discovered and Sabina was fired from the clinic. She never saw the patient again after that, for both of their sakes. She tried applying at several other clinics, but was denied to work with patients due to her past history, so now she does lab research. She wants to move out of the country to continue pursuing psychiatry and have a fresh start, but with her university debt and lack of funds in general from difficulty finding a job after the scandal, Sabina desires this fortune badly and sees it as a chance to escape.

What reason do I have to doubt you?: "The reasons I pursued Psychology were because I could relate to my patients in terms of mental distress and wanted to understand how to manipulate and change human behavior."
What reason do I have to trust you?: "I want this fortune in order to continue psychiatry in order to continue helping people and being there for them. I do not feel as though I'm doing enough for people by researching in a lab currently."

-
Name: Ricardo "Ricky" Serafim
Height: 5'10
img-thing

Description: ^ (Model - Paolo Anchisi)
Personality: Jokester, Creative, Quiet, Impulsive, Forgetful
History: Through most of his life, Ricky was shy and reserved. Not the best student at school because he was often distracted and had difficulty concentrating. Didn't shine at sports either because he was kind of clumsy and couldn't keep track of the ball. Not too mention having many siblings. Ricky often felt forgotten and invisible. Until he started doing stand-up comedy at a nearby club. They didn't even originally have stand-up comedy at the club, it was a karaoke bar. One night when his friends pushed him onstage and he confessed to the crowd in a rather humorous manner that he couldn't sing, Ricky's stand-up comedy talent was realized and the crowd would request him to perform every other weekend. His friends were really surprised, he was an entirely different person up there. When Ricky graduated high school, he decided to move out on his own, against the wishes of his family. After a week though, he didn't hear back from them much anymore already. It's been ages since they've contacted him now. He's been able to support himself barely through stand-up comedy. Moving apartment to apartment all around California, barely scraping up enough money for rent. Sometimes going hungry for days. This fortune would mean a lot to him.

What reason do I have to doubt you?: "Hmm, I don't know, I mean, I've always secretly fantasized about making someone laugh to death. Haha."
What reason do I have to trust you?: "Well, for starters, I don't think I'd have the capacity to get away with murder. I mean, I'd probably make some clumsy, forgetful mistake and make it obvious that it was me."

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.