When I grow up...

I

Iliana

Original poster
Remember those days where you would sit in a classroom, kitchen table, or in the park discussing about what you wanted to be when you grew up? If not, dive back into your memories!

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Maybe it was an astronaut? Figure Skater? Hit yourself with a little bit of nostalgia and tell us who you wanted to be!

I wanted to be lawyer, but then military life seemed interesting so I said "Eh.. what the hell?"

I actually wanted to be a crime scene investigator my mom use to make me watch cold case files and I loved it....I'm a strange child.

Atleast yours is a safer idea than mine >_>

As twisted as it may seem, when I was young I imagined myself to die at the age of 20, so that was my future. No career in mind, no goals in mind, just a silent death at the age of 20.

Of course I think differently now, I want to live, to enjoy life, to experience new possibilities, create new memories~ So I've only just recently discovered I want to be a hair stylists... But alas I will fail my parents if I don't get a job with my degree that they paid for... Which is to be an accountant x.x

An Actress as a small child

An Archaeologist as a slightly older child

Then a Marine Biologist as a teen

This discounts the fact that I wanted to be a mommy from my earliest years onward.

A pilot as a kid.

A rocket scientist as a tween.

An astronomer/cosmologist as a teen.

An alien abductee throughout.

I've wanted to work with animals my entire life.

I only walked around when I was little to chase birds- otherwise, I was making everyone carry me.

Yeah, I was a pimp kid. I refused to walk unless I wanted to.

Spoiled fuckin' rotten, I know ;_;

an astronaut as a kid

a marine biologist later

a forensic scientist in my teens

Now, I'm going to school to drill oil

And an air force pilot for about 12 years now.....Medical conditions won't permit me.....damn sticklers.....

I was thinking of becoming a game designer or writer. ^^9

I have never ever EVER been able to make up my mind about what I wanted to be when I grew up. XD Every week I changed my mind, because so many different jobs looked interesting. Psychologist, Magician, Lawyer, Cop, Teacher, Actress, Ballet, Artists, Veterinarian, Zoologist. If it was a job, I wanted to do it.

The only thing that has ever remained consistent was being a published Author.

We'll see if I ever grow up and achieve it!

I wanted to be hypnotists. Makes marriage a whole lot easier.

Don't laugh, okay? xD

small child -- princess or at least, a pretty girl with pretty dresses and elegant manners (too many classical movies, dad~)

slightly older child -- singer/pop-star/actress (sang in most of the school musical performances and took good roles in plays unless i ended up being the narrator~ "descriptive voice" xD )

before pre-teens -- politician (too much news and documentary watching, dad~)

pre-teens -- president or secretary of state (i was serious. followed campaigns, took notes during presidential debates. the whole elementary school thought i could do it. LOL, best dream I ever had/actually worked for (for a time) haha. )

early teens -- lawyer (too much passion about changing people's lives, dad~)

mid-teens - journalism
and/or creative writer (trying to follow what i loved and was good at~)

current -- computer engineer / hacker / games-app designer (as a career) ;; journalism/creative writing/broadcast media (as a side career/specialization)

I changed a lot over the years. I think most of my earlier dreams were influences of my father's passions and wanting to be like him (which isn't a bad thing, since he is an amazing example), but towards my teenage years, I broke away from that and saw everything else there was. I never looked into medicine or science research (my father's actual fields, but he's so good at everything you could never tell he was a scientist!).

Like Dananachan, I wanted to be everything and try everything! I feel like her post reflects my own thinking (currently, too!)

Of course, I listed the primary ones that I was considering as potential "careers". In childhood, you don't consider it a career, but as what you see yourself doing, right?

Like, "What do you want to be when you grow up..." you think of yourself as a grown up and what you might be doing. Things like I want to figure skate, I want to dance, I want to help people, are ambitions, not dreams.

So yeah, there you have it! ;D
All of those things that I once dreamed of doing are still there, but engineering is my current goal.
I still want to sing, and take part in politics, and help people. I just won't be a "lawyer" or a "popstar", I don't think, haha!

A writer or an artist. It's been consistent ever since I was little.

I have always wanted to live through high school (was tainted my high school shooting movies. sad life.).

Ever since then, a voice-over actress for cartoons. ^^

When I was younger, up until I was about 5, I told everyone I was going to be a Princess and live in a massive palace and wear beautiful couture gowns every day of the week. I blame the fact that I lived off the movie Anastasia for this. Thankfully, I grew out of that as soon as I hit five, and soon, my ideas changed.

I can't really remember what I wanted to do between the ages of 5-10 but I remember saying I wanted to be a Vet, which looking back on it is rather weird. Yes I do like animals, but I couldn't deal with treating them. And even though I do like animals, there's certain animals I can't cope with, I hate unclean animals, so I guess it's a good thing I didn't stay with that idea.

At the age of 11 I was introduced to a wonderful thing known as 'Phantom of the Opera'. Which I still enjoy to this day. At 11, I was serious that I wanted to get into performing and that I wanted to someday go to the West End and play 'Christine Daae'. I can see why I wanted to do that back then, but now, I wouldn't even consider it.

When I hit my teens [13ish] I was sure I wanted to go into fashion. My Aunts had me hooked on fashion from when I was a little girl. I had it in my head that I was eventually going to take over as Editor in harper's bazaar editor in Chief of Vogue or Harper's Bazaar, blame the Aunts I tell you!

But half way through being 13 I decided I wanted to do Law, a decision I've stuck with too this day. It actually came about by accident, I joked that I would need a high paying job to afford a luxury lifestyle, and someone suggested going into Law. Funny enough, I didn't think about it again until a few months later we were asked to fill out a questionnaire that would give us job suggestions, guess what I got. Law and Enterprising! I now inspire to work in Criminal Law, mainly in Europe though this may change in the future, though I also hope to play a key part in my father's company as soon as I finish all my studies or as soon as he's confident enough to let me show him up at the office!