When I grow up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to do EVERYTHING. Every week something else would sound really cool to be.

The things that stuck: An Author, An Artist, and a Teacher.

I got a little older and I realized that teaching wasn't for me, because I care a little too much. D: I would want to get personally involved in the lives of my students in ways that would probably get me in a LOT of trouble. I would wanna fight for kids being abused, help people in ways I can't afford - all of that would eventually crush me. ;___;

For awhile I entertained the idea of being a psychologist or therapist. But for the same reasons above I knew that would be unhealthy for me. .__.; If you're one of those people that gives too much and gets upset when you can't help, you do NOT want to go in to a field where you're helping damaged people. Because you can't fix everyone and it will destroy you.

I WISH I GOT PAID FOR COMMUNITY ADMINING RP SITES CAUSE THAT WOULD BE BALLER. perfect job. t____t

When I grow up, I still want to be an author, though. 8D That is still a strong desire. I believe I will finally write a book when I'm an older lady and I don't have all this youthful crappy attention span.

I've always wanted to be a game designer. Technically, early on the dream was animator, but a it morphed a little.

And I did have a "I'mma be president" phase but I grew out of that real fast.

• Love
Reactions: Honor-Sama
I wanted to be a fireman and a painter at the same time when I was a kid. It was a cool dream, but I wasn't that good at painting or working out.

I turned out to be pretty good at math instead.

• Love
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a pilot. I love the idea of flying and I always have. I kept that goal for a pretty long time but it turns out that I did not roll the "pilot character" in the genetic lottery.

It's okay, though, because I found something else that makes me feel passionate. It's very different and I never knew that I would feel obsessed with genetics and molecular biology in general, but there you have it.
I FORGOT THIS PART OF MY CHILDHOOD!!

I wanted to be a fighter pilot forever, specifically a U.S. Naval Aviator. After watching Iron Eagle and Top Gun as a kid, and getting addicted to those Jane's Flight sims? Oooohhhh man!!

And when I was a tiny-kid, I wanted to be a paleontologist.

Anything that I didn't hate.

My dad was a trade welder addicted to heroine. My mom did a little bit of everything before she was given her own business. We were never really poor, I was spoiled, but made humble by family for the most part.

Biologist. Veterinarian. Doctor. Engineer. Motivational speaker. Lawyer.

High school was constantly "what are you going to do with your life?". It made me jaded to the future and so I kinda coasted around doing any job imaginable. Construction, sales, retail, food, inspector, and manager.

Honestly I still don't know what I want to do. That shit is the worst. But I'll not stop looking until I find what clicks.

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
I never really had something I wanted to become. I literally never had any of this, which was sort of a problem a few years ago when people told my immature 18 year-old self "Hey choose the most important decision of your life now". I liked drawing so I wanted to do something with art. I had done the hardest classes possible in high school so I'd keep my options open for uni but that only made me hate drawing on a regular basis and maths in general.

A writer or an artist was one of the big ones, but as a child even I was more realistic and had a reality plan which still may not even be possible @_@ but I'm trying for it! A museum curator. I love history, and teaching here it out of the question because in Canada everybody wants to be a teacher. So I'm hoping to get into the history field somehow @_@
Recently I figured out that I want to do something with history. I fucked up my first attempt at unviersity and then tried to become a teacher but it seems that I suck at teaching because I'm too shy(enter memories of the war when I blacked out versus backtalking students on my first ever lesson). By now I realised I WANT to do something with history, preferrably in musea, but I'm nowhere right now.

So now I'm stuck. Do I want to throw more money at another attempt at a university degree in history hoping my depraved, privileged, procrastinating self won't fuck it up again? What else?

So right now I'm an amateur historian whose sources are good youtubers and online articles and databases.

When I was young I wanted to be a Naval Aviator as well, but for helicopters. Then beginning of highschool (Or end of middle school can't remember) the helicopter that I wanted to fly got phased out by the MV-22 Osprey and I canned that idea out of spite.

After that came medical work, because my mothers a Resident Nurse and she's always interested me in the field. But my work ethic in school was pretty shit terrible so instead of going to college I joined the Navy.

Now I find myself working literally half way across the world in a hospital, and sometimes I get the chance to trudge through the jungle or practice storming beaches with Marines. And they give me a rifle so that's cool too I guess.

Wouldn't change my decision for the world.

When I was a super ultra babby, I wanted to be an astronaut. Cliche, perhaps, but it's true. Even after watching the 1986 Challenger incident on TV.

Starting at age 10, after I got my first "IBM-compatible" desktop computer, I decided I wanted to be in IT.

After 15 years in IT, I can honestly say I enjoy it.

My first aspiration was to become an astronaut. Then, it moved on to baseball player.

Looking back and understanding the world better, I wouldn't want to be an astronaut but would love to be a baseball player.

Not dead, not poor.

'Bout 50% of the way there.
~When I get older, I will be stronger
They'll call me Freedom
Just like a waving flag~

Novelist.

Didn't really change much. Around 17 (1st year college) I decided I liked not being broke and opted to be a journalist with writing fiction as a side thing. Along that road I figured out I'm better at nitpicking other ideas than telling my own, and now I'm pursuing a communications degree with the end goal of being a Developmental Editor working with new fiction authors.

• Love
~When I get older, I will be stronger
They'll call me Freedom
Just like a waving flag~
More like this, but generally, yeah.

"When I was a young boy
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band

He said son when, you grow up
Would you be, the savior of the broken
The beaten and the damned

He said will you defeat them
Your demons and all the non-believers
The plans that they have made

Because one day I'll leave you
A phantom to lead you in the summer
To join the black parade"

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
More like this, but generally, yeah.

"When I was a young boy
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band

He said son when, you grow up
Would you be, the savior of the broken
The beaten and the damned

He said will you defeat them
Your demons and all the non-believers
The plans that they have made

Because one day I'll leave you
A phantom to lead you in the summer
To join the black parade"
I'm still pretty sure Welcome to the Black Parade isn't about racial equality.

I'm still pretty sure Welcome to the Black Parade isn't about racial equality.
Death, being emotionally scarred or broken, survival, determination, stubbornness, anarchy, and a complete inability to find even a singular fuck for what other people thought about them. Pretty much summarizes all they ever really sang about, but, for a one trick pony, they sung it well.

Death, being emotionally scarred or broken, survival, determination, stubbornness, anarchy, and a complete inability to find even a singular fuck for what other people thought about them. Pretty much summarizes all they ever really sang about, but, for a one trick pony, they sung it well.
Yeah, I more or less figured. It is a fairly good song at that, despite the fact that I rarely ever listen to genres even like it.

I wanted to be a doctor once, but it changed when I grew up and gradually became more squeamish ._.

Sometimes it's embarrassing. And if it came true, the world would probably have a disproportionate ratio of ballerinas and astronauts to other less glamorous professions.

What did you want to be when you grew up? Did it change a lot?
I wanted to be a wolf researcher... Then write books about wolves... Then a vet... Then an author... Then i wanted to make games... Then I wanted to be a doctor as a teen... Then i realized thats expensive near end of high school so decided nurse... But realized when i worked as a nurse i hated it but fell in love with psychology and enjoy working in that .__. Soooo.... Here i am.

Edit: oh and there was artist on and off in there, of natura of painting, sketch, digital and tattoo... And tattoo does have potential... But i was quickly discouraged by the fact that artists often live poor q_q

Status
Not open for further replies.