❀ When Heaven and Hell Collide ☠ (Roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivthQgI.png

Simon's expression set into a frown as he realized the boy was saying that he would have to go with him. Needless to say, he wasn't privy with the idea of going out on the island of Astra, just yet... Especially if everyone who lived on it were like this fool. He wasn't exactly in the mood for questions either.

"...You can't do something so simple as going out and buying a few locks, on your own? How helpless are you?"​

Fay frowned at Yogi's words. He seemed to be the most disrespectful of the Luna children. Though he figured this, it wouldn't prevent him from being taken by surprise at the short boy's next actions. Within a moment, french toast was on the floor and the stove top was on fire.

Fay moved quickly, first using the nearby fire extinguisher to put out the fire. "Hunter!" he yelled out. He'd need help cleaning things up. He tried to put the fire out as quickly as quickly as possible before moving on to pick up the french toast. They couldn't have someone behaving in such a way while the others were living here. It would be too dangerous. If they were all going to live here safely, Yogi would have to be dealt with swiftly.

Reactions: Freakazoid Studios
tumblr_m6dtmfuc4u1rz4tvco1_500_large.png

Hunter scoffed, a smirky yet "what-the-fuck" sort of smile paired along with it. Was this guy seriously so apposed to the idea of interacting with other Astra's?
Well, they would be doing work projects soon, so if this was the case, Simon was in some serious trouble.

"Okay, well it seems you have a misconception with my situation. It's not the fact that I'm helpless," Hunter said, moving his naked arms from their crossed position, and placing his large hands in to his denim pockets.

"It's that there's a buddy system at this place. I would ask someone else to come with me, but it seems the locks really only concern one person majorly-- and that would be you. Since this is all you can seem to occupy yourself with, I have no objections to doing it. After all, we are equals. But this will do a number of things for you. First of all, this is your new home, so there's no point in hiding from it. Second of all, I surely can't do anything, can I? Like you said, I am pretty hopeless--" Hunter was then cut off. More howls of pain and crashes of pans. How many times will stuff get fucked with in this house?

"Shit--" Hunter said, quickly brushing past Simon and in to the hallway. He headed to Freya's room first-- at least that's what it said on the plate on the door.
He knocked loudly, putting his ear to the door.

"Hey, I'm coming in," He said, turning the knob and forcing the door open. There he saw, a small white haired girl. She looked so fragile, so broken in her state of mind, just sitting on a throne of loneliness... and blood.

"Oh no, you're bleeding," Hunter stressed, walking over to the bed steadily, crouching down to look up at the girls face. It looked painful... where did it come from? Surely there wasn't a weapon.
Hunter peeled the girls arms away from her body and stood up, towering over her bed. He scooped the tiny thing in to his arms, carrying her bridal style out in to the hall.

"There always seems to be a lot of blood with these poor girls," Hunter whispered to himself, ambling down the steps that already had Harriet's blood on them.

He brought the girl to the couch and laid her down, smiling as to reassure her.

"You're gonna be fine princess, we'll take care of that for you," Hunter said, picking up the land line that stood on the side table.

"Fay! Take this and call a doctor. I'll handle the rest," Hunter said, ignoring the boy who sat at the end of the couch. He kneeled next to the couch and moved the girls bangs away from her eye, noting the giant gash.

"How the hell did that happen?"

Freya was in shock. She couldn't hear Hunter knocking nor did she feel his touch nor a word he said reached her. She was just caged in her nightmare: her brother hated her. She was the cause of his death. All for that cursed body of hers.

She felt some change in her balance as the guy carried her. Painful stings ran through her wounded eye, a pain that bounced to her head, ear and back forcing her to keep it close "I shouldn't have been saved" she whispered as he gently laid her down. His hands got near her once white bangs and he saw the mess it was. Only then Freya managed to get herself back together, covering it with both hands, widening her good one in terror, her pupils as big as her red iris, and sitting back suddently "NOO! Stay away!" she said shifting her stare from the black haired guy to the blond one crouching in a corner of the sofa.

She then noticed the moltitude of people standing there: her nightmare was coming true. Soon enough they would have started hating her and they would have tried to take her eye off just for the sake of it. She had to escape "Call a doctor" he said... no. No. No. No. NO. "No... don't call a doctor... please" her voice was pleading as she started considering her escape routes. But even so... where could she escape? Her room? No... Without a lock it was pretty useless... one of the Astras' ones? No... she couldn't stop the bleading. Her head was starting to feel light. 'There must be something... THE BATHROOM!' she thought standing up and trying to run upstairs. She focused on avoiding tripping and falling as she reached the stairs covering her hurting eye. reached the top, she made it for the bathroom "I-- I'll manage... yes. It wi--will stop soon" she said trying to regain her composure... and failing miserably.

"It- It was just a nightmare" she said realizing once again to be alone: at least when asleep she could see Freyr... nightmare or dream didn't matter. Tears started falling from her eyes, bloody and transparent ones, before she turned back and reached the bathroom.

The fire was out after a few moments. Hunter hadn't arrived as he had expected him to. He held the small, blonde-haired girl in his arms. Once he'd placed her on the couch, he held out a phone to Fay, telling him to call a doctor. He did as instructed and took the phone, quickly dialing the number for a doctor.

It wasn't long before she seemed to snap back to reality and began freaking out. She stood up and began making her way towards the stairs. He knew Hunter told him to leave the room, but she knew she'd need some sort of support. He took the phone with him and followed after her, making sure to answer all of the doctor's questions. They'd eventually ended up in the bathroom, and he gently tapped at the door. "Freya? Can we talk?" He waited for a response, though he doubted he'd receive one. Wasn't Harriet also in there though?

Ruth who had went into the kitchen for a simple meal of french toast ended up witnessing Yogi go crazy sitting the kitchen counter in flames.
"what the FUCK- Why the hell did you do that!" Minding her own safety she stepped back.Fay soon came in to the rescue with a fire extinguisher in hand.

'the french toast T_T' Ruth thought to herself as she looked at the remains that were once so puffy and soft.
Walking out of the kitchen she saw hunter carry fraya bridal style down the stairs- her eyes was bleeding a lot.

'So much drama going here- GIRL drama' she sights with her hands crossed.She walks back into the kitchen learning against the wall glaring at yogi.'What is going to do next-big actions for a guy so little' she thought.Getting personally involved in other shit was not her style- but she sure loved watching others creating drama.Ruth once thought this place is going to be boring- so far it only kept on surprising her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freya closed the door behind her still trembling, leaning on it with her back. She had to recompose herself: everything was just fine. No one found out anything, except for Simon, but he wouldn't say anything. If she had understood the type, he wouldn't have done it unless something good for him came out of it.

Now, she was careful enough to run to the bathroom and close the door but... did she make a head count before escaping? Of course not. So she searched the room for possible pink haired girls but nothing was in sight. The girl sighed in relief as her eye dripped and she started to feel her head light.

That was when Fay addressed her from outside. 'Why did he follow me? I already said it was just a scratch, still...' she thought sighing before grabbing some tools Hunter had used and left on the sink and sitting on the same chair Harriet used, the eye still shut close, her moves wobbly. She didn't say it out loud but her behaiviour was clear: by not locking the door she was allowing Fay to enter the room if he still wanted to talk. Or maybe she just didn't want to be alone yet, who knows. That blonde one had something she liked and hated at the same time but couldn't get a grasp on what that was... "It's just a scratch. It'll stop in a minute." she said trying to sound indifferent: the wound was more serious than what she was trying to sell it for "I don't need a doctor. I always did it alone and I'm still here right?" she added in a serious tone "Please, don't call one." she whispered hoping to be heard.

The little girl started to dab her eye, shivering from pain at every tap, silent, waiting for his decision: would he enter? Would he call a doctor? Would he ignore her?

Last edited by a moderator:
The young female sounded as though she was fumbling around in the bathroom. It worried him a bit, but so long as she insisted she was alright, he'd assume it was improper to barge in on a lady while she's in the bathroom. She eventually came out and rushed passed him, hurriedly rushing making her way to her room. Though she insisted she was fine, he followed after her to make certain.

He stopped in her doorway and shut the door around just a bit, so that no one else would be able to see the way she currently was. "Is everything truly alright? An eye injury is nothing to tend to lightly, especially when bleeding is involved." He stepped a bit closer to her and picked some things out of the first aid kit she'd grabbed from the bathroom. He grabbed a low-power flashlight and turned it on. "Can you let me see it? I'd like to know how much work needs to be done to ensure your safety. That is to say, so we won't have to call a doctor."

"I AM safe, sir... I'm just a bit hurt" she said keeping on tapping it lightly, she saw his reflection take a light pen from the kit and she froze for a moment, what did he want to do with that? "That is to say, so we won't have to call a doctor." he said. Did he want to make her open the eye to examine it? That was out of the question. Never in the world. She was managing to keep the secret here, on Astra (except for Simon but that was different) and maybe she could be accepted somewhere...

Freya looked at his reflection, an eye still covered and a couple of gauzes on her right "Come on, it's not that bad it's just a scratch. It hurts, of course and of course, again, it bleeds as it's a wound on the eye, but it's nothing ser-- OUCH" she squirmed letting the gauze go. A stabbing pain ran through it as she tried to laugh it off 'Are you telling me not to lie? To try to trust him?' she asked herself sighing. The white haired girl sighed a second time as a strange thought made his way in her mind: if he was willing to keep the secret? Wasn't he kind and gentle with her? The worst that could happen was to be thrown away as the worst piece of flesh in the world... and even so her lifestyle wouldn't change that much. The girl sighed again. Was it really a good idea? 'You need someone who knows Astra. Someone who could help you' realizing her inner voice was right, the girl sighed a forth time.

"Do you like stories, sir?" right, they didn't even introduce themselves. Freya got up and went to the door to close it completely, then returned to her sit and resumed her tapping. "This is a story of Luna's ancient times. Maybe you have a similar one in Astra, as it concerns both isles." she started "Once upon a time, there was a little kid. He was the kindest and gentlest of all of Luna and he loved everyone. Our land wasn't like it was 'till now, it was, in fact, a lot like Astra." she spoke, keeping on cleaning the wound and moving her hands now and then to stress some concepts "The kid, as I was saying, made friends with a strange beast: it wasn't hostile but it was frightening, and Fear hangs out with Violence most of the time. Luna's people found out about them and tried to talk the kid out of it, but he was sure of his standing and kept on protecting his friend." she sighed again "Now, his people started to charge him of crimes, as proof of his being under the beast's control and, eventually, killed his family. As you can imagine, the kid wasn't really overjoyed by this news and by the time he got home, it was already in fire. He, then, angered like no one ever succeeded to make him, got the help of the beast and killed almost everyone in the village, cursing the Luna's forever 'You'll never know kindness again. Life for you will be the Hell I found my house in.' But of course it wasn't all. He summoned something dark and went on 'Except... you'll have your Heaven example.' he said before breaking the land." she gazed at him with one eye to test his reaction "That's how Luna and Astra came to life. Leaving with his friend, he decided to curse some more. You know, it seemed he wasn't content yet" she said chickling weakly "He said that Luna would decay due to its people's behaviour and he promised to be the cause of its downfall. He then turned and disappeared in a fog. They say the last thing they saw and heard were an evil laugh and a couple of mismatched glowing eyes: red and amber." She went silent and looked at his reflection. How would he react?

Fay put the flashlight down when Freya began to speak and listened to her. The tale was familiar, but not from any stories he'd been told growing up. No, the story that she was telling him was like that of one he read in an old book he found in a dark corner of the library. It was far different from the one they'd been told as they grew up. Not that this was surprising. There was bound to be some bias. It was confusing to most to believe that a single boy had been the reason for the creation of Luna and Astra, as well as the destruction of the former. Fay, like Freya, believed that this was the true story, ridiculous as it may seem.

He smiled once she'd finished talking and looked towards the mirror that was placed in the room. "That's what it is then?" His facial expression held that he was content, and had lost much of the seriousness it held previously. "It's told a bit differently to the young of this civilization, but it seems that those from Luna know what truly happened. Your telling me this though... It must mean there's something that you wish to have known? Or maybe you just want unconditional acceptance from at least one person?"

Fay picked the flashlight back up and motioned towards her discolored eye. "It certainly is something that would alarm some people of Astra. That's how they were raised. To resist change. While that's true..." he said in a quieted tone, while he turned the flashlight on. "...it is also policy on Astra to accept people of all types, wherever they may come from... And whatever so called "curses" they may have placed upon them."

Freya smiled sadly at his words. She knew he would have said something like that "I didn't tell you a story to be pitied. I didn't tell you a story to be accepted" she started opening the eye, showing clearly what he just strongly guessed "I AM cursed. It wasn't placed on me, it was inborn. There's no magic in the world. At least not anymore, maybe there never was." she continued wiping some blood from her cheek looking at the light-pen reflection "You can put it down... I know what's wrong with it" she informed him changing the gauze. "I just had a... bad dream and scratched it, that's all. I really don't need a doctor and I don't have any idea on why I'm saying it to you." she said shrugging her shoulders.

He could now see an almost clean wound: clearly a several times reopened, old one, the amber in her eye was a bit opaque as if she wasn't focusing on anything. "Maybe I'm telling you so you could get away from me when shit--" she stopped and corrected herself "--When problems will arise. And please... just leave me be when it will happen. It's not safe to stay near me" her gaze lowered and saddened "I can assure you."

Of course the 'curse' didn't exist on the first place, but once everyone except your brother, points at you tagging you as a 'cursed child' and the mentioned brother passes on the dark side just to die miserably there in order to help you... well it's easy to think that 'the curse is real'. "Why was I chosen? They could have picked someone else. Someone better..." she whispered looking up to try and stop the bleeding "Really, the bleeding's stopping. It always does in the end... until I scratch it again, of course." she concluded trying to lift up the spirit in the room. She didn't want to be pitied. She accepted her condition time before and didn't need someone to just go and say 'oh you poor thing', nor did she need someone to just accept her because of society standards. "You have the right to hate me... just don't poison my meal... it would be rude and murder is punished, in Astra." she added chuckling.

ivthQgI.png

As Hunter suddenly bolted out of the room at the familiar sounds of mayhem, Simon sighed heavily, shaking his head as he casually stepped out of the room and looked around. There was a distinct smell of smoke coming from the bottom of the stairs-- Either someone in the house was a clumsy fool, or the little Luna mouse from earlier had decided to lash out with fire. He'd have to punish the runt, himself, if the Astra watchdogs would let him.

The earlier yell had obviously come from the little cursed girl he had spoken to in the kitchen. Perhaps she'd dozed off and fell victim to sleep terrors. Not unusual for one suffering from severe trauma. On the note of trauma, the pink-haired girl seemed no where in sight. Simon wasn't sure what he thought of that girl. A person like that... A person raised in love and then broken. They were the dangerous ones.

Cut from his thoughts as Freya fled passed him and into the bathroom, Simon only rested against the wall to watch the going-ons. His eyes narrowed as Fay passed by as well to speak with the little one-- He was well aware that he did not like that one. The tall blonde was rude and seemed to enjoy getting in his way. As the two eventually disappeared into the Luna child's room, Simon moved to listen in. Eavesdropping was a bit of a hobby, so when the chance presented itself...

Listening as Freya retold the story that was known to every child of Luna, he merely shook his head. It was just that-- A story. Just as Astra had it's own nice little story depicting how Astra came to be so nice and peaceful, Luna had a story to explain why it was so terrible. Legends were nothing more than something to blame.​

Fay let out a very subtle sigh as he used his hands to push himself up from the bed. Without making any contact with Freya, he approached the mirror that spanned one wall of the room and placed a solitary hand upon it. "Astra is a haven. It is a land where people know peace... A true utopia." A saddened chuckle left his mouth as his hand slid down slightly. "To those who choose a life of ignorance, that is. The young aren't taught anything of the outside world." The fact that the house they resided in was separate from the rest of society and the reason for their minimal time in the town were points he tried to avoid. The Astrians took them in, but they were still afraid. Those who decided to volunteer to keep their company... How many of them did it out of the blissful ignorance that most of Astra held. Fay didn't know. He only knew his own reasoning.

We may behave as though the world is a wonderful, cheery place, but that doesnt mean none of us know about the true shape of this world. Those who choose not to be ignorant know of its ugliness. How cruel and ruthless it is. Cards most often told to be played by the unfortunate are those most often difficult to play." Fay turned around and looked directly at Freya. "You know better than I the ugliness that encompasses this world. I cannot hope to take that experience away from you. Even us Astrians aren't free. Fear. It's embedded into all of us. No one will leave because they don't want to leave where they feel safe. The expectation is that the same will be experienced by all the Luna children. An experiment of blending."

Fay stopped himself from continuing any further. A feeling of disgust was already beginning to rise, and a frown already tainted his normally cheerful face. "There's no reason not to smile, so long as you smile for your own reasons. Don't let the world know its won." He knew this words wouldn't be easily received, but it was what he could say now. It was against what they were told to do to tell the Luna children too much of Astra's history. Only the present was important. That's how it always was. It was a utopia to the people ruled by fear, but a plentiful conquest to the higher ups. It would be Astra's own undoing if even an all too subtle change were to occur. Any sign of an external attack would be all it would take to bring this great utopia to its knees. It had happened before in history; that an almost utopian society would be devoured by its own blindness. This was what Fay saw ahead. This was why his smile wasn't for him. It was for those that should smile until the end. Those that should strive for all the beauty the world was capable of holding, to show the ugliness that it wouldn't win, even if another utopia were to fall. With these in mind, he smiled once more at Freya and picked up the various fixtures off the bed. "I won't tell you to be happy, but I will tell you to not give up. In the end, even the faintest of smiles will shine through the darkness. Another quote," he said, chuckling to himself. He knew how cheesy that'd sound to her.

Reactions: Kaz
She listened to all his words, and was surprised by what he was saying. Was he suggesting Astra wasn't so different from Luna? what was the meaning behind that frawn? "Quotations, uh? I guess 'The more something shines the bigger its shadow' right?" she said looking back at him "Now, I may look like this but I used to read a lot... and I remember reading something on the same lines as what you just said." she looked down to her hands "You know, when you have to search for a safe shelter, usually a library works--ed pretty well in Luna. No one went there. Expecially in the old buildings. And if it's true that knowledge holds power... well let's just say I read a lot and never once I was surprised our languages are the same. But now that you said what you said..." she said turning toward him "Why are our languages the same?" she asked innocently with a grin "There's more to this world." she said serious. Her look, though, made her look like a puppy, being petite as she was made almost every serious expression look 'cute'.

Freya put some hair behind her ear and started to patch her eye up "And on a side note... don't you think that 'a perpetuous smile' makes every heartfelt one a bit less heartfelt everytime?" she said smiling "Are you still able to separate the false from the real ones?" she asked looking at the mirror "I prefer smiling for what I really feel worth it. Even if a 'Cursed one' doesn't really have reasons to".

Fay chuckled a bit at the thought. "They say that behind every lie there's a little truth. I'm not sure about the validity of that, but I do know that perhaps something similar can be said about smiles, fake or real as they may be. I would be inclined to tell you that if I were to not smile everytime it would be fake, I wouldn't smile nearly as much as I do now. I have my own reasons to keep a smile on my face though. One's reasons can be as numerous as the stars."

The smile currently on his face was real though. He was glad that Freya seemed to be a bit more cheerful than she had been before, even if only slightly. It seemed genuine as well. He wouldn't say anything though. She wouldn't want to be bothered about the way she began to behave, and he'd hate to suddenly reverse he mood. Maybe if he spoke to the rest of the Luna children, they could all become a bit happier. That was one of his reasons. To share his smile with the Luna children that had lost their own. One step at a time, he'd hoped to help them all learn how to be happy again. He wanted to do it himself though. His fellow roommates were fine, but he didn't want the Luna children to be tricked into developing the false umbrella of "happiness" that Astra idealism created. He'd be living under the same umbrella if he hadn't read the books no one else ever had. If his father wasn't a collector. Perhaps if he wasn't born into the aristocratic family that he had been, he wouldn't have ended up here. Not that it mattered. This was the present. This is how things ended up.

ivthQgI.png

Growing further annoyed with the conversation between the two, it wasn't long before Simon invited himself into the room.
"I hope you two realize that this is how people delude themselves into false realities."
He spoke, approaching the pair. "You seem to be trying your damnedest to poke at conspiracies and find something wrong with your current life. The legends are nothing more than stories that each island put together to explain to the children how their life became what it is.
There's no truth. We speak the same language because we are from neighboring lands. We share the same ancestors. Despite our differences, our languages developed together. These are not things to poke and prod simply because you want there to be a darkness in your life. What sort of terrorist fools are you to want such a thing?!" The silver haired man snapped, his eyes full of judgement and disappointment towards the two. Especially the cursed child.

They'd been given a second chance at a proper life in a proper land, and here these two were, trying to find flaws in the seams, trying to unravel it all for everyone, like some sort of depraved conspirators. It was disgusting.​

Fay tried to keep his face content as the one who'd previously been eavesdropping on them made his unannounced entrance. He found it intriguing how he was so ready to call him out for always interrupting when he himself was nosy enough to eavesdrop. He didn't bring this matter up though. It wouldn't help anything.

"There's no problem in discussing the truth. It's not something we need to worry about now, but it's something that you, as new residents of Astra, have a right to know. I'd rather you not live here, blinded by lies like most of the native people do." He tried to watch his words, so as to speak in a manner that wouldn't offend the one who'd just entered. "If we're all going to live happily together, I want it to be as equals, and as equals, you all have a right to know such things."

Fay stood up from where he was seated on the bed and walked over to the sole dresser that resided in the room, upon which a sole book rested. "This is what they want you to read. It details the Astrian ways and everything you'll need to know as a resident here. What it won't tell you is the past of this land. While it may not interest some, it is important to know what this land has been through in order to have a better understanding of it. I'm not asking you to show interest, but I do view it as my duty to inform you of important things that you should be aware of, even if those above me don't find it necessary."

As Fay finished speaking, a sliver of his mind slipped over to how the rest were doing. Not enough that his attention was diverted, but enough that he could pay immediate attention if something came up. Astra isn't the "Heaven" that the young ones have been led to believe it is. That's a fact that must be acknowledged in order to hold on to even a shred of reality."

Freya turned toward the Luna guy who let himself in and listened to everyhing he had to say. Half way through, she sat on her bad, crossing her legs and kept on listening to him. Then it was the other one's turn and she listened to him too, trying to understand the sense of their words as her mind clouded from the drop in adrenaline and the loss of blood was biting at her, helped by her fasting. 'I have to stay awake' she thought nodding at something the blonde one said even if she hadn't really heard. It was so hard to keep her eye open, everything was spinning around her, she had to rest. 'Yes, just a couple of minutes, just to make everything stop spinning.' she thought falling asleep with a slight fever. That amount wasn't even considered fever in Luna.

Reactions: Aois
large.jpg

On one hand, Hunter was mad. On another he was sad. On yet another, he felt sympathy. This poor boy had three hands. Hunter understood the situation. In all honesty, he felt a bit embarrassed. Acting out like that was totally inappropriate on his part, and the discomfort he probably bestowed upon Freya was unimaginable. What better way to forget your troubles than to eat? The answer is none. There is no better way. Hunter stood up, a tiny bit dazed, and stumbled in to the kitchen.

"A-anyone for dinner? I can make katsudon donburi..." Hunter stuttered as he crouched for some pans and bowls. Looks like he was back to his old stuttering and foolish self. He grabbed rice out of the cabinet and began dealing it in to a pot, making the dish regardless whether or not anyone wanted it. His chest felt bare, but he ignored it. Somehow he felt safer in the kitchen, and he didn't want to leave it's haven of peace.​

Status
Not open for further replies.