When am I?

Zack sighed as he watched Miyuki walk away. He would stay in the woods as much as possible. It wasn't likely that anyone but Miyuki would ever know he was there. In a way that saddened him. He was a people person. He loved meeting new people and learning new things. But he understood the need to stay out of sight atleast for now. He decided to make the most of the day light. He would gather food while he had the light to do so. He would become more familiar with the area and plant life in the area.

Zack sighed as he watched Miyuki walk away. He would stay in the woods as much as possible. It wasn't likely that anyone but Miyuki would ever know he was there. In a way that saddened him. He was a people person. He loved meeting new people and learning new things. But he understood the need to stay out of sight atleast for now. He decided to make the most of the day light. He would gather food while he had the light to do so. He would become more familiar with the area and plant life in the area.

((I'm so sorry! I could've sworn I replied!))

As she walked away from the cave and back towards the village, Miyuki couldn't help but feel bad for Zack. He had been completely ripped away from his culture, time, and loved ones, and she wasn't even able to teach him a bit about the Japanese culture to take his mind off of things. With a sigh, she entered the hut she was staying in, grabbing a set of bow and arrows and heading back out to the forest. She was supposed to be hunting anyways, and she supposed she could take Zack along. Heading back into the woods, she stopped outside of the cave. "Z-zack? It's me again, Miyuki. Do you want to come hunting with me?"

"Miyuki people might notice if you keep wandering into the forest." Zack told her when he saw her. He was returning to the cave with berries. He had piled a bunch into his shirt. He added them to his current stock before turning back to her. "Not that I mind you visiting." Then he noticed her bow and arrow. "Going hunting? I was going to ask you about some cord and feathers. If you have some I might be able to make myself a bow and arrow."

"No one will be suspicious of me coming into the forest to hunt. Everyone knows that I do most of the hunting for the entire village. I'm considered one of the best hunters," Miyuki told Zack simply. "And no, I don't have any cord or feathers." With those words, she turned away from Zack, her eyes already scanning the shadows for any movement of prey. "If you're coming with me, you better not make too much noise and scare away the prey," she muttered emotionless, her gaze still trained on the shadows of the woods.

Zack rolled his eyes. So much for making a bow the easy way. He would have to see if could find something to use in place of the cord. Feather he could find without a problem. Until then he would have to make traps. He moved beside her silently. It had been years since he had been hunting but it came back to him with relative ease. Luckily he had his knife. It wouldn't be good for anything but up close killing but it was better than nothing.

Miyuki moved through the woods like a wraith, her feet carefully skittering clear of the brittle twigs and dry leaves that would make noise if she stepped on them. Soon, her eyes zeroed in on a squirrel that was hopping beside the trunk of a large tree. Without a word, Miyuki snatched an arrow out of her quiver, notched an arrow, and sent it flying straight towards the small woodland animal. The arrow embedded itself in the squirrel's eye, and Miyuki briskly strode over, picking up the dead squirrel and depositing it in a small pouch at her waist.

Zack followed her silently. He watched her hunt down the squirrel. There were man squirrels in the woods but squirrels didn't have much meat on them. If he was going to survive he would need something bigger. He tried to remember his studies of the area. But the plants and animals of his time wouldn't necessarily be the same as the ones in this time. For now it was best for him to watch and study.