When All We Have Is Magic || A Story by Margaery & Little_Miss_StormCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie sniffled slightly as she finished her makeup. "ya.. it's me..." She managed before opening the door to show that she had changed. "I'm fine really, Draco is a bit of an arse, seeing my family has less, he believes I am a servant to him," She said with a shrug as a boy carrying a toad in his hands walk by. He had seemed to have to change into Gryffindor robes.

"Oh hey Charlie," Neville greeted as he looked at the two,"Made a new friend I see," He said smiling kindly at her as he tried to keep Trevor from leaving his hands.

"Ya... Neville this Margery Tyrell, Margery this is Neville Longbottom. Neville is a Gryffindor, and Margery is a transfer student," Charlie introduced the two.

"It's very nice to meet you. I didn't even know we took transfers," Neville said smiling at the new comer.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"It's not usual," Margaery admitted, smiling kindly at the new boy. "I was going to school back in the States, but family business moved up across the pond, and Dumbledore was kind enough to let me finish at Hogwarts." She held out her hand to shake his, a formality that had become habit when she noticed the toad he was currently carrying. Margaery withdrew her hand quickly, letting out a small yelp, then laughed at herself for being so silly. "I'm sorry," she started, holding her hand to her chest. The amphibian had been quite a shock. "I'm not usually so jumpy, I just hadn't expected a toad! Is he your pet?" She smiled with mostly genuine interest while glancing sideways at Charlie. Her makeup looked fine, but there was no denying a hint of redness in her eyes.

• Love
"Oh yes, his name is Trevor. I have had him since the first year. I actually met Charlie, because he jumped into her hair," Neville smiled happily at her politely. He looked closer at Charlie and took note of the puffy eyes.

"I should get back to the compartment, I don't want Draco burning any of my books," Charlie said running off before Neville could confront her. She entered the compartment and picked up her book. and hid her face.

"Did Draco do something to her?" Neville asked Margery, he was obviously concerned for the girl.

• Love
"He was being quite an ass," Margaery told Neville, shaking her head. "Stuff about her living with muggles instead and being an overall jerkoff." From what she knew of people, Draco was probably like that to everyone. Bullies were bullies wherever they could smell insecurity. "It took everything in my power to not smack him right across his cheek! The blatant audacity..." Feeling the urge to follow Charlie, she said to Neville, "I should probably go with her. It was a pleasure meeting you." And gave him a very sincere smile. She walked up to the compartment, but instead of rushing inside, she lingered at the door. What am I doing? It felt weird eavesdropping on them.

As Charlie entered the compartment, Draco was sitting exactly where she had left him. His arrogant smirk had returned when he watched her reenter. "I knew you would return. Put the book down and sit beside me... I'm awfully lonely." He pouted, rubbing the seat next to him. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you were...?"

• Love
Charlie shook her head no and sat so she was facing the window. She just wanted to ignore him but only came back with,"And Here I am thinking you thought I was a whore," She said looking out the window and grabbing her book and reading her book. She was still upset. She had been in love with him for so long, you would think she would be over the moon by his attention, but he only did this when Astoria and Pansy wouldn't play.

Harry was walking from his compartment to go change when he saw the girl,"Uuuhhh excuse me," He said softly as he saw Draco and Charlie together. "Are you watching Malfoy and Charlie?" He asked curiously.

• Love
Draco looked taken back. "Who ever told you you were good enough to pay?" He scoffed, folding his arms across his chest. He obviously didn't like being spurred. "You know, it makes no sense why you act the way you do. You act as if you're so much better than me because you read books and study mudbloods. The same people who would kill you the moment they found out you're a witch! Do you ever think of that when you're reading their crap? They would kill you on sight. If they were smart enough to know you existed." The boy sat back with an accomplished grin spreading across his lips, as if he had just rained fire down from the skies. "You know I'm right..."

Margaery jumped when she heard the boy's voice, and clutching her chest, she whirled around. Good job! Not enough to spy on people, now you're off getting caught? "I... uh..." There was no hiding it. "Yes," she said, sighing. "I don't know, it seemed like a good idea at the time. He's so rude! I guess I just wanted to catch him doing something awful." Margaery felt her cheeks turning pink. "I'm sorry, this is so awkward... I'm Margaery," she said in an attempt at making things less weird. It didn't really help, but it did divert from her nosing around.

• Love
Charlie whirled around and slapped him,"Draco, you have no idea how long I have waited to do that. You can be such an arse, and what do I do!? I put up with it! I sit there and hope you will see past my lack of fortune, and see me for me. Not for some poor pureblood, who hangs around like some kind of groupie! But as a human being! Someone with a heart and soul! Someone who has emotions! Every year You make me feel so little and I run off to cry! Every Fucking Year! I have had enough of it! And to think I have had a crush on you for the past twelve years! I have WASTED MY TIME ON SOMEONE WHO WILL NEVER LOVE ME BACK AS MUCH AS I LOVE THEM!? Somehow I convinced myself you had a heart, and you actually cared about me! But now I know.... You are nothing more than a rodent! You are merely a rodent! A FERRET!" Charlie yelled at him in nearly one breath. Her chest heaved from the rage she felt as she let him have it for the first time. She had to admit it felt nice.

"I'm Harry Potter, it's ni-" His thought was caught off by the sound of Charlie's hand hitting Draco's face. He didn't try to continue speaking as he heard her lay into Him," Margaery will you come with me, you won't want to see the aftermath I promise," He said to her taking her hand to lead her away.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Draco's cheek burst with pain, and he cradled his face as Charlie laid into him. He said nothing as she screamed, fighting back the urge to run away and hide. Every time he heard the word 'ferret', it made him so incredibly nervous. She had never spoke to him like that, and there were things she said that made his smirk fall right from his face. He peeked over at the door, making certain no one had heard, before he looked back over at Charlie. "You... love me?" His question fell from his lips. "Like properly love me?" A crush, sure, that much was obvious, Draco knew he was very attractive. But could she actually love him? "Are you serious?"

Margaery followed Harry, staring at the hand he had taken. "I'm Margaery," she said as they walked down the corridor. "Margaery Tyrell." Didn't I just tell him my name? Her cheeks flushed. The name Potter pricked her interest. She knew that name. It took her a moment before she remembered why it sounded so familiar. The boy who lived! Of course! Being the face of a family legacy, Margaery understood a couple things about notoriety. Instead of asking about his past, even though she was very much interested, she inquired, "Is that normal? Draco and Charlie, I mean... Do they fight like that often?"

• Love
Charlie's chest was still heaving as she stared at him,"Yes, I'm serious....Unlike you, I don't lie about such things." Charlie said crossing her arms as she looked out the window. It was obvious she was cross. "Ever since we were 5. Why do you think I never befriended Pansy or Astoria?" She asked him her tone bitter as if it had been obvious since day one. She bit her lip unsure what he would say.

"Well, Margaery, typically Charlie shuts up and takes it. She never really argues back," Harry explained as he led her into a compartment with a red-haired boy, and frizzy haired girl. "I am proud of her, though, for fighting back this year. Typically Hermione or I find her crying throughout the castle. Neville has even tried to console her," He said smiling. "Oh yes, Margery this is Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. Ron, Hermione this is Margery Tyrell. I just saved her from being in Charlie's and Malfoy's crossfire," He stated.

The frizzy haired girl looked up and smiled,"Oh it's nice to meet you, Margery," Hermione said smiling.

• Love
Draco's face showed his obvious confusion. He stared at the girl, first looking at her hair, then her face, then her clothes. His eyes wandered to the book she had before they met back with her own. "I literally had no idea," he said, shrugging. "How come you've never said anything of this before? Ever since we were five? That's a long time to hide this from me." When he spoke, his voice was meek and he wrung his hands together, staring at the ground. He didn't sound angry or upset. He sounded almost sad.

Margaery followed Harry into the compartment, mind still on Charlie and Draco. She was greeted by two new faces which brought her thoughts back to the train. A frizzy haired girl was smiling at her and the red-head had looked at her and then quickly away. Margaery thought she saw the boy's ears turning red, but she ignored that and sat down next to the girl. "It's a pleasure to meet you too Hermione. Ron." She smiled at them both, glancing back over at the Potter boy. She couldn't help herself, but she searched for a moment on his face for the infamous scar. There it is!

"How come I've never seen you before?" Ron asked. "You look a bit old to be a first year."

"Oh, I'm not. I've been transferred from the academy over in the States. My father had business over here, we had to move." She waved her hand lazily. "It's a boring story. I'm just glad I was able to continue my education. Apparently I will be in the sixth year. Very exciting."

"Not really," Ron answered. "School is school. Hogwarts is cool and all, but the classes can be really hard." He nodded at this very matter-of-factly. "Unless you're a genius of course, like Hermione here." Ron grinned at the frizzy-haired girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.