When a Woman Falls in Love with a Man...Who is really a Vampire

Jonah watched, a dark smile lifting his lips as the man who had ben beating on the girl was lead out in cuffs and stuffed into the cruiser. "Ma'am? Do you need a hospital?" The second officer asked her.

Kieara turned to the officer. "N-no thank you." She said to him and offered a small smile. "I'm ok." she said as she watched the last of the officers leave. It felt odd being alone now. A good odd. At least alone without what was now a jailbird.

"How did you ever get stuck with him any way?" Jonah wondered suddenly, watching as they left, his brown eyes bright with satisfaction that bastard finally got what he diserved. Well, all but a busted nose and blackened eye. Jonah sighed at not been able to having kicked the guys ass.

Kieara turned again. "Where'd you go a minute ago?" She asked curiously. "He seemed nice, and when I saw he wasn't and tried to leave, he began hitting me." She explained and looked down ashamed.

He studied her and then gently tilted her head up a little with his finger tips by her chin and lightly brushed his thumb over the hand shaped bruise on her face. "No one should ever treat a beatiful girl like you like that." He said honestly, avoiding her question of where he had gone. "Can I buy you a drink?" He offered, smiling at her and letting go of her.

Kieara noticed he avoided her question completely. She slowly spoke. "I...I don't drink." She spoke to him. "Thank you though." She didn't drink because of the asshole who was arrested. after seeing how he acted when he was drunk, there was no way.

He smiled again at her. She was incredibley and undeniably beautiful to him. "As you wish. I should get going though." He paused, still smiling at her. "Can I maybe see you again?" He wondered, hoping she would say yes.

Kieara grinned the freckles on her nose crinkling up. "Sure." She spoke to him. She backed up to head into the house. "I'm Kieara by the way."

"Kieara." He said her name and loved how it just rolled off his tongue. "I like it. My name is Jonah by the way." He said her name over and over in his head. "Can I give you my number?" He offered, happy that she had said yes.

She nodded. "I don't mind." She spoke and smiled. She spoke. "If you'd like, I can give you mine too." She said to him.

"Sure. I'd like that." He agreed, loving her smiling lips. He gave her his number and then added hers in his phone. "You can call me anytime. I'll look forward to hearing from you." He said, winking at her and started to turn and walking away. He never slept. In fact he hadn't slept for over a hundred years. Not since becoming a blood sucking monster. Unlike the media vampires, he didn't have to worry about the sun turning him into a pile of ashes. He just couldn't feel it on his skin.

Kieara blushed and smiled as she watched him stalk off. She retreated into the house. She went up to her bathroom and got clean, then changed and got into bed. She had too many bad memories in this house, they haunted her. She was thinking about moving while he was in prison. She knew he'd get out and return here.

Jonah went to his appartment. The only thing he ever used was his bed, and even that didn't really count, since he never slept. So the thing he used most was his TV and cellphone. His fridgertaor was always empty, as he couldn't eat human food. He sighed as he sat down on his small couch and turned the TV on, though he didn't really watch, he stared at Kieara's phone number.

Kieara slept through the night. She woke early the next morning and decided to go looking for an apartment. Something to change from the house of bad memories. She had her cell phone on her as she looked.

Jonah had watched the sun rise, as he did every day. Every day he watched it rise and every night he watched it set. He fished is cell phone out of his pants pocket and scrolled down to Kieara's number and debated whether or not to call her. He wanted to see her again, or at least hear her voice and see if she was alright. He dialed her number and put his phone against his ear, waiting for her.

Kieara picked her phone out of her pocket when it vibrated and placed it to her ear. "Hello?" She asked unsure who would be calling her. Then the thought crossed her mind maybe it was Jonah. She listened for a voice, as she was checking out a house for rent.

"It's me, Jonah. How's the beautiful girl I met last night today?" He asked, smiling when she answered.

Kieara blushed at his words even over the phone. Something about his deep tone was so captivating to her. She spoke. "I'm good. And you?" She said.

Jonah chuckled. "Much better now that I'm talking to you. Are you busy today?" He wondered, hoping she wasn't so he could see her.

"Not really, was kinda just roaming around checking out apartments and places for rent." She spoke to him. "You wanna come?" She asked.