1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy. Always some kind of non-human involved. (Such a vampires, succubi, incubi, etc.)

Good day my fellow Iwakuans. Today is day 4 of writing prompts for me. Will I make it the full 30 days? Honestly, probably not. I'll get distracted one day.

Today's prompt is fairly simply and straightforward. It's a question about your favorite kinds of roleplays. What are your favorite themes? Your favorite topics? If you see someone here with similar interests, feel free to reach out and get something started (just make sure you follow the ToS, which can be found here.)

For me, my favorite topics are vampires (pretty much anything with vampires has me hooked. There are reasons for my obsession that I don't feel like getting into, i.e., weird family history. It's one of those 'if you know, you know' type of things. And a few people on here know,) and magic. I have a few topics in my roleplay search thread that include fantastical objects like curses and spells. I love them. Modern-slice-of-life don't bother me, but I need some kind of fantastical aspect to them.

I need a theme of romance, but not a 'love at first sight' romance. I love things that build and grow and flourish and have a series of obstacles in the path. I don't mind dark themes, and would actual prefer to incorporate a bit of darkness into my roleplays.

So, what about you?

Last edited:
The ideal RP involves the weird. I was recently in an RP that worked on the concept of dreams which I loved. Other concepts I've wanted to try are alternate universe scenarios for anime that go super off the beaten path (ex. What if Goku never went to Earth?) or mixing genres together.

One of my favorite things about writing stories is the research element that comes in play, especially with historical settings. I've learned a LOT just from researching different jobs, cultures, and settings related to my characters or specific rps, and I've learned even more from other players. What can I say? I'm a nerd who likes collecting random information.

I'm in agreement with XIII. There is absolutely nothing better to me than a slowburn romance, although sadly I don't see much of that. Gimme a romance and adventure rp anyday!

It is my dream to RP a slowburn romance one day, but so far I have failed because my pace for slowburn is too slow. Otherwise I love the research and the trial and error part of RP, where we can set out to rabbit hole into new worlds, cultures, history. science, etc... and then the many, many, styles of writing there is to nail down the particular setting, like the archaic language for the vibe of the historical roleplays, or the unique structures of another language, to going for that buzz of a cyberpunk. I want to experience it all.

It is my dream to RP a slowburn romance one day, but so far I have failed because my pace for slowburn is too slow. Otherwise I love the research and the trial and error part of RP, where we can set out to rabbit hole into new worlds, cultures, history. science, etc... and then the many, many, styles of writing there is to nail down the particular setting, like the archaic language for the vibe of the historical roleplays, or the unique structures of another language, to going for that buzz of a cyberpunk. I want to experience it all.

I've had a slowburn going with Reina since February of last year. It can be done, I swear!
I wish I was better at the research aspect. I feel like I get too frustrated because I don't know enough about a topic or a specific time period (possibly one of the big reasons ours died, I'm sorry) and it makes me feel so dumb. I love the historics....but I don't even know where to start with some stuff.

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
LIST TIME MY IDEAL ROLEPLAY

- romance
- a betrayal
- surprise twists
- drama that makes me cry in real life
- somebody special dies (but not the MCs because my ROMANCE)
- mystery
- SCARY HORROR MOMENTS
- multiple storylines
- multiple characters
- sneaking in an ot3(+?)
- stupid amount of BONUS CONTENT because we're obsessed with our own characters and plot

I am not genre specific because I can get all these in all my favorite genres and settings >:D delicious variety

Hmmm well my favorite topic I suppose, if I could list that by a genre would be just a good adventure. Sci-fi is my first love SIMPLY because it's not a genre I get to explore often. A lot of people drift towards fantasy or a slice of life story, and that's fine! I like those, too! I like something slow and casual or something fast and epic with magic and dragons or a dark story with horror elements and werewolves, and I've done a ton of all of those... but I think the amount of times I can list that I've been able to do anything sci-fi.... I could count on one hand. Very few of my friends like sci-fi or would even consider touching it with a ten foot pole LOL so I don't get to practice that often.

I love a romance. Honestly, to me... sometimes a story just doesn't feel complete if it doesn't have some kind of romance element tossed in somewhere. It doesn't NEED it and CAN be complete without it, but I'm a sucker for a good romance.

I also love just throwing a mix of themes into a story. If the rp lasts more than a few pages, a few posts, and starts picking up, I love to put some drama in there, a plot twist or two, definitely gotta toss in some humor and try my best to get a giggle out of my partner.
If I make them laugh at least once, I've succeeded!

A slow burn RP that actually feels more natural and with events that gives the characters meaningful reasons to start having feelings for the other, not just the 'character A likes Character B at first sight because that's what the pairing is going to be'. It often ruined it especially in RPs where the character's are supposed to hate each other, but as soon as they meet, they're too mellow and already hinting at liking the character that's supposed to be an enemy.

On a more smutty based RP, while it's all well and good having kinky fun time in bed with the characters, it'd still be nice as well to have some legit conflict going on. Or the sex leaves a weird/awkward moment at the end that gives the characters a 'what have we done?' moment. And so on. For example when there's meant to be an act of, say, cheating on a significant other, and said character sleeps with another they shouldn't, then it would be nice to see it being worked out or at least tried to before it potentially ending in a continues affair. Something that has an effect. You know? But when it's getting set up where sleeping with another is preferable because said character is having that typical trope of the significant other not being good enough anyway, it, again, kind of lets the air out of the enjoyment doing something that just feels rarely happens in a RP.

Also, characters that actually engage in hate sex. I've yet to ever do something like that.

TL;DR: Stop playing characters that would insta-bang another. Just stop it. Bad. :v

My ideal roleplay would contain elements of the following:

- Mid to high dark fantasy setting
- Intricate worldbuilding full of details, and nuance
- Zero humans, but instead monsters galore. Humanoid and/or otherwise.
- Violence, conflict, enemies, frenemies, spicy drama, danger, twists, and hilarious banter between characters.
- Romance & sex. Slow burn or otherwise. Tension-filled, yet fun for the writers to write. Some 'we shouldn't be together, but...'
- Interwoven character relations (ie. who knows who, and how are they all connected )
- Not much vanilla friendliness, but some occasional wholesomeness may emerge from time to time
- The freedom to create any type of character I'd like without feeling any pressure to create what I think someone else wants from me.
- Epic characters with various types of storylines and interaction types
- A copious level of OOC gushing about characters, upcoming plots, and potential new subplots/ideas.
- Maybe a mated pair ( or two ) and pregnancy side plot sprinkled in
- Flexible gender identities and expressions.
- Minimal rigid "bedroom roles" dynamics
- Slower paced, yet longer/detailed posts that I love waiting to be notified about.
- Complicated backstories / histories between characters

and so much more.

I'm not quite sure what my ideal RP would be like. I think there are two main branches I could split it into that influence what kind of things I'd most like. But something character driven with fantastical elements, something bittersweet with themes of grief, death, and growth but with plenty of joy and happiness, too. Multiple characters, multiple storylines, and intricate character relationships. World-building, even on a small scale (such as a single town). Incorporating the passage of time (and having the RP last long enough that this is a natural progression). Maybe throw in some immortality, reincarnation, or resurrection. I'm another sucker for slowburn romances, and I've actually done one that was the slowest of burns and the payoff was fantastic.

Last edited:
Like @Dusk I'm not sure what my ideal rp looks like. But I absolutely love the idea of a rich story filled with multiple storylines, multiple characters, and not just a main character with dull npc's but all characters should feel like they have a story to tell. Lots of worldbuilding which inspires more story ideas. Creating spin offs that keeps the universe growing! Tackling multiple themes and concepts within the same universe sounds awesome to me.
I guess in a ideal rp the stories would take place in a science-fantasy, best of both worlds.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dusk and XIII
I am not going to lie, I love me some good ole slow burn romance. I love romance. Not the instant kind but the time it takes for characters to get to know one another. Go through experiences together whether good or bad and realize there's something there between them, that they might not want to put a label on it as of yet but it's special and worth protecting and exploring. Of course that's just a subplot for me I enjoy nonetheless.

My ideal roleplay would have some romance in it as mentioned above just not the main focus. What I really want is some action adventure with a side of fantasy. Characters that do not know each other, are forced or not forced to work together for a common goal. Be it an epic quest or challenging circumstances of their past. Throw in some plot twists too. I can pretty much get on board with any topic so long as the story is intriguing. I love character development, redemption, loyalty, betrayal for the greater good.

Horror-Romance themes are my favorite. Gimmie a spooky themed monster romance and I will be your friend for life. Especially if it's a Human x Monster type of deal because it's just such a feel-good experience. (So you know I be crazy about Beauty and the Beast stories.) That goes for like any kind of monsters, be they vampires, werewolves, twisted up science experiments, demons...<3 Please be cool with blood and violence, also. Because I really like to write fight-y scenes or dark monster-y scenes. Also I love blood. >:3 Blood all over da place!

As for the world they play in, I'm often flexible with that. I've done this concept everywhere, from sci-fi to medieval fantasy, they are all amazing flavors.