What's your horror story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I interpreted as "Horror stories of life" and that the OP just happened to be relationship based in nature. :/

Not that we were expected to base it on relationships we've been in.
Hell my D&D one I didn't end up rolling on was about a guy who got too violent and tantrum like in our games.
Not relationship focused in the slightest... where the one I did roll at least had that it was one of my two friends who were dating each other.

Now I'm thinking I should try to post a relationship horror story...
Except I can't think of one. :/
They honestly just see more mutually painful/tough than anything else.

That 'might' just be more not liking to view ex's in a negative light though.
I don't want to fall for the trap of vilifying a decent person just because we personally couldn't make it work.

It can be pretty much anything, honestly. Most of my horror stories are small, like the time my husband and I were driving and he accidently cut someone off, and when we stopped at the red light, the guy jumped out of his car with a Club (Remember those old steering wheel locks? Oldschool, I know!) and started trying to bash in the window. Or the time we moved out of the county and into the city and our house was broken in before we had even been there one night. And our first Christmas in Florida when some drunk driver flipped his truck over in our front yard and crashed into our power line. We had no phone, water, or electric the entire day. Sadly, I have hundreds of those types of stories. I decided to throw up an amusing one to make my life look a hell of a lot less depressing. XD

No relationship horror stories fortunately, but I do have a friendship one. As a child, up to about the age of twelve I had three good friends, two of which had pretty boring, average home lives and a third who was a lot more like me. Insane home life and almost non-existent discipline/guidance. We were both pretty much left up to our own devices until night time when we were expected to come home. Anyway, point is we were very similar. That made it all the more weird and confusing that his parents, more specifically his dad seemed to not like me much at all. He never did anything that bad, but it was obviously abnormal the way he'd talk and act to me, it was closer to the way an adult talks to another adult he really dislikes than an adult talking to a seven year old, which was the situation. It would have made a lot more sense if it were one of my other two friends parents since I could have easily been seen as a bad seed and a bad friend to have, but the opposite was true really. This friend was younger and worse behaviour wise than me, so no fucking sense was made.

Wasn't until a few years ago that I got my answer, or at least a theory. I was telling my brother about the time I went with my dad to pick up this man's car. Seemed strange even at the time, but I was six or seven so the fuck did I know. Either way, dad who seemingly hates me throws my dad the keys to his truck, my dad and I get in it and my pops takes off. We drove around for a while, my dad did some crazy burn outs and other erratic driving crap in this back alley area and then we just get out the car. I remember asking him if we were just leaving it there and he said something along the lines of "Yeah, I'm going to pick it up later.". Looking back, obvious insurance job. Anyway, according to my brother something fucked up and my friends dad went to prison for a few months. I now assume that he either thought I chatted about it, which is a possibility with the abnormality of it and me being seven or whatever, or simply didn't like me because my dad probably fucked up. Who's to know, either way it messed with me for years and annoyed the hell out of me.

Most interesting case for me since it wasn't obvious for so long.

Quicker shit family story that was more annoying than anything else. I was stood on the corner of my street, waiting for a friend I think. There was a couple of kids who looked a year or two older than me on their bikes on the opposite corner. I was ten years old, I remember that because it's when I got my first pen knife. It was shit, crappy plain blade with a crappy plastic blue body but I loved the thing. Anyway, my brother who's three years older than me comes up and asks me for my knife. I look up to my crazy ass brother so I take it out and hand it to him. The mother fucker jogs up the youths opposite and twenty seconds later he's riding towards me on one of their bikes and they're sprinting/riding up the road. He hands me the knife and tells me to hide it at home. Worst damn crime I've been involved in up to that point and I didn't even know I was until it was done. To make things worse a dude a few houses down saw the whole thing and hated me for years. We're friends now, but still. Family is frustrating.

Let the fun begin....

#1: During high school, I wasn't exactly the prettiest nor most popular girl. I was the one that got picked on all the time and ignored too. So I really didn't have the dating experience in high school. Two years after I graduated, I was introduced to a nice guy by one of my roommates. He was a really nice guy or so I thought...yeah well I found out the hard way...First off all he was using me for was sex...second when I moved out of my roommates place and back with my parents, he only came over for food and to bum cigarettes off my dad, he even tried using me to have a place to stay. He would always say "I'll see you tomorrow and wouldn't show up for two weeks." The last time he said that, he never showed up again. And that ended that relationship....

#2: I met this girl while walking around the town I used to live in, she has said that she had just moved there and didn't have any friends. So naturally I wanted to be her friend. Well we were sitting in her apartment chatting, when she blurted out she had a crush on me. Well at the time I was confused about my sexuality, I didn't know if I liked men or if I liked women. So I agreed to date her, what a mistake that was. Well for one, she was into some hard core drugs, that I didn't know about. For two she had major jealousy issues and always bringing up that I was cheating on her. And for three, she was a stalker! She would follow me around all the time, and I didn't tell her where I was going, say the store which was around the corner, she would freak out and get into an arguement with me. So I put my foot down and said enough was enough...

#3: After #2 I decided that I was bisexual. And I did live in a small town with a population of roughly 4,000 people. So naturally it was hard to find someone who would accept me for who I am...The town had a bus for rural transportation. The entire time I was on the bus, I was talking to a guy who seemed quite nice and well rather nerdy. And I could tell that he was shy, because I was the only one that he talked too. After we got off the bus in the small town, he didn't go home. He walked with me and we instantly hit it off and decided to get to know each other better. After a month or two of getting to know each other, we decided to date. Well, yeah...it went all down hill after three months...one of my family members was searching up something on the internet, I think a relative of mine was in trouble with the law, when she came across my boyfriend's name. Here he was a registered sex offender. At first I didn't believe it, and I was in denial until I asked him and he said that he was and that he had been in prison for 13 year because of it. That ended our relationship....

#4: It only lasted a month, I thought he was a nice guy...yeah not! He was cheating on me the entire time...and before I got hurt even more I broke it off...

And those are my horror stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.