What's Your Favourite Movie?: Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arcadia

Original poster
I'm curious to hear from all of Iwaku on this, but I'm curious as to what everyone's favourite comedy movies are! What subgenres do they have, how were they rated by critics? All the fun stuff!

I'll start us off with two of my favourite comedy movies to date, The Other Guys, and Step Brothers.

Step Brothers was just one of those films that clicked me, especially watching Will Ferrell trying to bury his brother, and the drumset scene was just priceless. It really was what I would call one of my classic comedy films. It had a great mixture of childlike joy and slapstick comedy that for me it was truly a sight to behold! :D

The Other Guys, was another one, a piece of comedy gold. Mark Wahlberg is a really talented actor when it comes to comedy and it really does show.

So what comedy films do you guys and gals on Iwaku like most? :D

Spaceballs! The best movie, ever! Not really, but it's definitely on my top 10 favorite comedies.

Dracula: Dead and loving it
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Naked Guns, all of them.
Hot Shots
Meet the Spartans
Airplane
Shaun of the Dead
Dodgeball

I could probably go on all day. I absolutely love comedies. It's my favorite genre

I fucking LOVE The Other Guys. c____c Looove it.

And HOT FUZZ.

Comedy isnt much my thing, but I still have a few fav ones.-

The Mask
Ace Ventura I and II
Mystery Men
Dumb and Dumber
Shaun of the Dead
Caddyshack
National Lampoon (the ones with Chevy Chase)

Reactions: foodforpigs
Despite the excessive swearing in it, I liked this one a lot. I was doubled over with laughter several times while watching it for the first time.

Don't delve much into comedy, but Pink Panther with Steve Martin, no questions asked.

Mordechai
Scary Movie
Wrongfully Accused
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I am extremely picky when it comes to comedy. The ones I can think of right now are
Deadpool
Kick-Ass
and the one that I can watch all the time
10 Things I Hate About You

To many to name but I love the other guys cop out etc.

Rush Hour
Deadpool
Captain Ron
The Mask
Tropic Thunder
Kung Fu Hustle
The Big Lebowski
Dr. Strangelove
Monty Python and the Hold Grail
Some Like It Hot
Coming to America

tommy_boy.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Aside from the two Bean movies, I can't actually recall any comedy movies I've watched.

Sitcoms, yeah, watched/watch lots of those.

Favourite Comedy MOVIE?

Those are rather rare.
Thankfully there's a Holy Grail among them. :3

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
Mr. Bean. Especially his vacation to France. I just love that simple humor in his movies.

Reactions: Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.