1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Romance, Action, Urban Fantasy
Growing up I lived off of good stories. I learned things faster when subjects were presented to me as an anecdote.

My favorite story would probably have to be The Joy Luck Club.
the_joy_luck_club__a_story_about_four_chinese_american_immigrant_families7d7b7539c22bb039fb09.jpg

It's one of the few books I've read that's actually made me cry. One of the reasons for that is because growing up I never met anyone outside of my family who lived in a very traditional Asian family. So reading about Tan's characters and knowing about her background comforted me and let me know that I wasn't alone in dealing with two very different and clashing cultures.

But what's your favorite story? Why is it your favorite? How did the story move you? And the story doesn't have to be from a book. It can be a fairy tale or something your friend you told you, whatever.

My favorite all time story. This book, the entire trilogy actually, holds a lot importance to me on so many different levels.

View attachment 8417

I have so many good stories, books and fairytales that I've read that I can't even start to put down as they've all moved me in some way but Sagan om Isfolket (Legend of the Ice People) is a 47 book series that basically covers the lives of an entire family line spanning all over Scandinavia, Europe, Asia and between early 1500 and middle 1900, it's funny, sad, romantic, desperate and moving. Margit Sandemo has a way with words that makes the reader connect with every person in the books almost, bringing me to and over the brinks of tears in many of the books, the downside is that they don't exist in audio book, but it do exist in many translations from what I've read. My mom had all the books but thought I as a twelve or thirteen year old was too young to read the books but I read them anyway and since then I have read so many times that I still know most of the family tree and large parts of the books in my head. Most of the main characters are female and some are of the cursed line that fights to keep the evil from blooming in them or those that embrace it and follow Tengel the Evil instead of Tengel the Good. Everything in the books is also researched by Marit Sandemo and all the historical events and persons existed in real life.

I love these books though I have a few favourites, and I learned more of Scandinavia's history than I did in school:)

1Trollbunden_k.jpg

Story wise, I liked Rumpelstiltskin growing up.

Why?
Because.

And Goldie Locks and the Three Bears, the one where she got eaten.
Reason? JUSTICE!

As far as BOOKS are concerned : 0553479024.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Because it creeped me out to no end. :3

When I was a kid, my favorite book was James and the Giant Peach.

Every time we got to go to the school library, it was a 50-50 chance that was the book I brought home.

I think I loved the story so much because James escaped a bad family situation and found himself a new family. .__.; It was something I really could relate to as a kid. e____e