What’s Your Attachment Style? (Personality Test)

Ardent

your blood on my teeth
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
12NN-4PM, 7PM~
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Woo, another fun personality test. This one deals with attachment styles. I first heard about this from my psychiatrist a long time ago. It's interesting stuff.

The test basically tries to determine how you handle your close relationships. There are 4 main types: secure, anxious-preoccupied, dismissive-avoidant, and fearful-avoidant.

Please note that this test was never endorsed by my psychiatrist. This is just something I happened to find on google.

Post your results below and then maybe I'll share mine. :D

Find out your attachment style

Reactions: Ardent
Well, that works too. I took that test initially but got more or less equal parts.

This is what I got for the test I linked:

weBDesb.png

Pretty solid, I think. I'm definitely avoidant-dismissive towards people in general. I kind of wish I was more invested, but... it's just too much effort. Definitely avoidant towards my dad. We don't have a bad relationship but because of very good reasons I can't rely on or be fully honest with him. At least I'm secure for all the rest. I think that's pretty much on point.

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.72, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 5.33, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 5.67, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.39, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.

This is very interesting...

I love these kinds of things.

I did both because yes.

1.png2.png

I'm not really surprised. I don't remember ever being a people person. Outsiders or family, it's all the same. People like me but it's hard to like them back. Not sure why.

Friends are nice though so long as they don't know too much. Idk why I'm like this either.