What's the most emotional/heart wrenching music you've ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seiji

Original poster
Title says it all. What song/piece of music has nearly moved you to tears, or stirred something deep within you?

Here's my pick.

Not even joking T-T

This one, too; the Eagles write the saddest songs; there's no grand gesture, no 'he/she deserved it', love just slowly dies :(

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
I can think of quite a few songs for this. But I'll share just this one amazing song that always hits me:

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person

Damn, Anne Murray. ;=;

• Thank You

So far that piece of music combined with the menu was the best I've ever heard in a long time, telling of the games story within before it even begins o-o

• Thank You
Something about this just hits close to home...

I could never choose a "most" but there are several contenders. I'll just list the first three that come to mind for instrumentals, or else I'd be here all day.

Song of the Caged Bird: Lindsey Stirling
<< Partially because of the video with it.

Rachmaninov's Third Piano Concerto

Beethoven's Five Secrets: The Piano Guys

Don't even get me started on anything with words, like some of the music from "Wicked" or "Hunchback of Notre Dame."

• Thank You
Top songs closest to my bleeding heart are as follows

Final hours from Majora's mask

Piano version of lillium's theme

And last but certainly not least
Metallica's unforgiven III piano version

• Thank You
Reactions: 3 people
This song gets me every time.

Crying? What do you mean I'm crying, its just been raining on my face, okay? But seriously, this ending ruined me as a kid and I still can't handle it even today. The song makes it worse, so I hope you're all happy.

Llama-cant-deal-with-it.gif

• Thank You
This is a scene from an incredible movie called Ink - the song starts at 0:45 should you decide not to watch the scene. It's called Jacob's Chain and was composed by Jamin Winans.

• Thank You

This was a very emotion song for me when I was dealing with abuse and self confidence issues.

• Thank You

... ok, wrong kind of sad.

Just listen to it. Doesn't matter if you don't like country or "old" music. There's no one like Johnny Cash to quite capture that unique feeling of loneliness you get when you see the rest of the world together, happy, while you're alone.

And then for an unlikely but fucking beautiful duet that anyone who isn't complete without their other half can relate to.

• Thank You

Because of personal reasons, I hear that and I'm just....meh the next hour or more just thinking.

And this video. Not just the song (which means a lot to me personally as well, which actually helps me get along better with myself after listening to Cash's 'Hurt', listening to this kicks me out of depression :/). this particular AMV with this song is amazing.

I am not the one to get teary-eyed over something as minor as song, but... Well, my grandpa died of a cancer and this hits home with me more than I'd like to admit.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.