What's the craziest thing you've ever eaten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotty says any Dutch food I've tried to feed him (he's the only boy to date a lady from my family and not love the food!) so zoorkoel (sauerkraut) mashed with potatoes and butter gravy, and boerenkool (Kale) prepared the same.

For me, I'll try anything once. I think the weirdest would be a toss up though
  • Chocolate covered bacon
  • Deep fried squid
  • Pizza burger (burger stuff encased in pizza dough instead of on a bun)
  • Hamburger pie (beef pie made with meatballs instead of stew beef)
  • Cranberry-Asparagus-Brie Panini

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Isn't deep-fried squid basically calamari?

Unfortunately, as a Filipino person, I have not had much in the realm of crazy thing's I've eaten. However, I do have something quite stupid that I made someone eat.

It's a toss-up between coke with prawn cracker pieces, vinegar and chicharon and mountain dew with kiwi juice, sinigang broth and soy sauce.

Sinigang is a sour tamarind broth. :D.

I figure being Filipino, you'd have eaten all sorts of interesting things. Lord knows mom, dad, tito, and tita feed me plenty of things that don't show up on an American menu.

My friend let me try her supposedly 'bacon flavored' fried crickets. It was rather...disgusting.

Hmm.....
I don't really eat crazy crazy foods-- but something crazy to me would be broccoli and cheese (I hate that stuff)

or ocra or however it's spelled.

.__. That stuff is nasttyyyy ^

( I hope this counts oh god .__.)

Scotty says any Dutch food I've tried to feed him (he's the only boy to date a lady from my family and not love the food!) so zoorkoel (sauerkraut) mashed with potatoes and butter gravy, and boerenkool (Kale) prepared the same.

Interesting spelling. We call and spell it as 'zuurkool', though if it is the pronunciation of the word I suppose 'zoorkoel' comes close to it. Somehow. Though agreed. Sauerkraut tastes disgusting.

Though stroopwafels are very, very delicious. Specially when warm and fresh and ... :L

As for the strangest thing I've ever eaten. Well yeah, I find everything I eat to be fairly normal, but it could be perceived as 'odd' in the eyes of others. Like for example: Chicken claws or Century eggs. Though that what had me amazed the most would be: fried ice cream. Maybe that a pizza croissant makes the cut as well.

snake, frog, turtle, croc, goat, dog, various insects etc

Filipino-Chinese, I eat everything (except veggies, ew)

also, penoy > balut

Fermented tofu (you can smell them a hundred feet away, seriously). They stink like hell but taste like heaven. Also, century eggs are weird? I've been having them since I was a kid! (They look pretty, too.) One of my mothers sells durians, so .. /Immune.

But seriously though, have you tried porridge made from pig's blood? Or ice cream that's raw horse flesh-flavoured? Makes even the toughest pirate say, "Shiver me timbers!"

Status
Not open for further replies.