What's the craziest thing you ever paid for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalrendezvous

Ever forward.
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
8 AM - 6 PM and 10 PM - 2 AM
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
So, I'm on a plane right now.

Yeah, a plane. Thirty-thousand feet up in the air. I am posting using in-flight wifi, which to be perfectly honest, has to be one of the worst financial decisions I've ever made in my life. I paid close to $30 for four hours of something I get at home PAID FOR AND FOR UNLIMITED USE.

And to make it worse, it's night-time in the US so it's not like there are a lot of people on for me to talk to anyway. x.x.

What are some of the really bad financial decisions YOU'VE made?

At least 90% of the times I tell myself I can afford to go clubbing in London, and end up crying when I see my bank balance the next day.

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
I spent money on a camgirl once.

That cost way too much, but at least the show was awesome.

I spent money on a camgirl once.

That cost way too much, but at least the show was awesome.
To be fair... actually I'll just Skype you or something.

I paid way too much for my Dark Tower tee-shirt. $30 for a tee-shirt that I haven't even had for a year and is already faded. But damn it! It's a Maturin shirt! You can't fuck with the turtle guardian!

• Love
Reactions: Icystorm
I paid way too much for my Dark Tower tee-shirt. $30 for a tee-shirt that I haven't even had for a year and is already faded. But damn it! It's a Maturin shirt! You can't fuck with the turtle guardian!

I paid that amount to get the T-shirt that Zack Galifinakis wears in The Hangover.

I lost it.

I got another for Christmas though, so that was awesome.

I paid that amount to get the T-shirt that Zack Galifinakis wears in The Hangover.

I lost it.

I got another for Christmas though, so that was awesome.
I wouldn't be so bad if the damn words and picture hadn't faded. I barely wear it because it's white, and I'm always afraid of getting it stained up, and when I do wear it I wash it like it's made of damn silk. My Oi shirt though, that thing I wear constantly and nothing has faded on it yet, best $25 I've ever spent. Only the cool people know what's actually on the shirt, so when someone stops me to say how awesome it is, they instantly become my new best friend.

I wouldn't be so bad if the damn words and picture hadn't faded. I barely wear it because it's white, and I'm always afraid of getting it stained up, and when I do wear it I wash it like it's made of damn silk. My Oi shirt though, that thing I wear constantly and nothing has faded on it yet, best $25 I've ever spent. Only the cool people know what's actually on the shirt, so when someone stops me to say how awesome it is, they instantly become my new best friend.

What's an Oi shirt?!

What's an Oi shirt?!
We can never be friends!

katet1.jpg~original

That is an Oi shirt. o.o My favorite tee-shirt next to my "All my friends are Walkers" shirt.

We can never be friends!

katet1.jpg~original

That is an Oi shirt. o.o My favorite tee-shirt next to my "All my friends are Walkers" shirt.

That's a really neat shirt!

But yeah, I never read Dark Tower. Well, I read the first book-- which was really cool!-- but I've never read the other books.

I bought those gummy bears that cause distress in the abdominals...

I defiantly paid for it.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
A priests silence. Hehe, jokes. I can't actually think of something. I'll get back to y'all.

Probably $175 worth of geeky print shirts. I wore nothing but them for a year. Worst fashion decision of my life, and I'm not exactly stylish else wise.

Someone else's rent.

Though I guess there was this time recently where I decided on a whim to go to england for christmas and spent 250+ euros to make it so.

An Assassin's Creed messenger bag for about $90. A week later I accidentally stepped on it and a thing broke, but it still works. Love that bag.

And, in my foolish teenage years, I burnt my allowance on dragon statues and dragonology books. In the long run it adds up to a lot of money. /shudder at the thought

A lot on a pair of custom Nike shoes. They are sick as fuck, but still.

Any Green Day CD I've bought was immediately regretted. Even the apparently acclaimed American Idiot CD only had 3 songs in total I enjoyed in the slighest.

I also bought a $300 .22 rifle that can't be stripped down to clean like a
normal gun so I have to use a flexible wire cleaning brush to clean the barrel. Its sights are also plastic and aren't properly set for the rifle so I have to have them set at 300m to hit 100m targets and most fun of all, its breach opens at the top of the rifle so since it's recoil operated, it blows hot gunpowder back at me.

Needless to say, I don't shoot it much.

Spent $300 commissioning a headphone amp from someone. I wish I could get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.