What's Left Of Me (MxF Modern/Romance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

respire

Original poster
-FILLED-

Hi there. So, I recently closed my main search thread, but this has been nagging at me for days and I had to fill the void. Long story short, I dug up a bunch of old pop tunes I used to listen to, and wanted to do a story based on this song. It's (very) rare that I do romance-centric roleplays, since I'm usually more of a "guns, spaceships and explosions" type of person with romance as more of a subplot, but this is going to be an exception. Hopefully, it'll have lots of drama, heartbreak, fluff, angst, and all that stuff that makes for great plot progression and character development. Basically, this going to be one hell of a soap opera.

But first, the rules:

• I'm only looking for one partner to fill this.
  • This will be taking place through PMs. I like my privacy.
  • I really don't care if I play the male or female character. You pick one, I'll take the other. Both characters will be above 18; or even better, above 21 (which would make more sense plot-wise).
  • I'm looking for an advanced writer - that means little to no spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors, and the ability to write fluidly and descriptively.
  • I don't have a post length requirement save for no one-liners; write whatever you're comfortable with, whether that be one paragraph or ten. That being said, don't expect me to match your post length. I won't force myself to write more if I can't. My average ranges between two to five paragraphs, longer if inspired. I will never expect you to match my post length, either.
  • I have a life, personal issues, and other roleplays to attend to, so don't expect me to reply five times a day. Sometimes, I'll be able to reply once a day. At other times, once a week (or longer, depending on circumstances). If you harass me for replies, I'll put you on ignore. It's that simple. I won't tolerate OOC rudeness.
  • Sometimes, things just don't work out. If so, I'll let you know. If you're going to get pissed if I decide to drop, particularly if it's during the first few posts, don't contact me. Likewise, let me know if you lose interest.
  • I'm not the amazing plot twist machine. Assist me in progressing the plot and coming up with new obstacles to throw in our characters' paths.
Now, to the plot:

I've been dying inside, you see
I'm going out of my mind, out of my mind
I'm just running in circles all the time
Will you take what's left, will you take what's left,
Will you take what's left of me?

[BCOLOR=#000000]<Character A>[/BCOLOR] had a rough childhood. He grew up in an abusive household with an alcoholic stepfather, learning how to fend for himself at an early age. As a teenager, his life veered even further in the wrong direction, leading to his joining a violent gang so he could find some form of fellowship. Things went awry one night, resulting in the deaths of several friends - including one he considered a best friend and closest confidante - and him getting hauled in by the police. He spent the next few years in jail, where he began receiving letters from a woman as part of a prisoner outreach program. Slowly, but surely, he fell in love with the author of the letters, hoping to meet her upon his release. But soon, the letters stopped coming, leaving him devastated.

Eventually, [BCOLOR=#000000]<Character A>[/BCOLOR] is released from prison, looking to rebuild his life from scratch. He subsequently finds a job at a bakery which hires ex-cons, and begins seeing the same woman come in every morning to purchase the same thing. They begin talking, and he discovers that the woman, [BCOLOR=#000000]<Character B>[/BCOLOR], was the one with whom he'd been exchanging letters. Raised in high society, she's the daughter of a very wealthy, very influential family who has everything going for her. Her future is paid for, and she never had to work a day in her life. But, as a kindred spirit with a big heart, she devotes much of her time to charity and volunteer work, much to her parents' disapproval. They'd actually discovered the letters and secretly kept his last one, leading her to believe he was the one who'd abandoned their exchange.

That, and [BCOLOR=#000000]<Character B>[/BCOLOR] has a fiance via arrangement: the son of another powerful family whom she absolutely despises. He's also not the most morally upright person around, only hiding behind a facade of wholesomeness when he's really a low, womanizing scoundrel who uses his family's influence to get whatever he wants, whenever he wants. All is not sunshine and rainbows for [BCOLOR=#000000]<Character A>[/BCOLOR] either, because his old gang wants him back, and old rivals want him dead.

-

If you're interested, please drop me a PM including a short writing sample. PMs without writing samples and posts on this thread will not be considered. Thank you, and good day.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I will be picking a partner whose style I feel is most compatible with mine, so please be patient. Please don't be offended if I don't pick you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.