Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy, Tudor, Historical, Magical
Do you have something in your closet that has been there through MANY major changes in trends, but you love it and know you will never get rid of it?

I have this navy blue bulky sweater that is so comfortable and soft (YAY). Even though it's almost to my knees from stretching it out and washing it (because I have had it for about 20 years,) I will never give it up.

I probably should note here that I am not a fashion conscious person, but I try not to break too many rules. Most of the time anyway....

How about you?

I still have almost all the clothes I bought in Japan (lived there 2010 - 2012), even though I don't fit some of them anymore. They're all (the ones that fit anyway) SO COMFORTABLE, and they look really cool!
When I initially came back to the US I was wearing them all the time, but stopped pretty soon after I realized that it was sending the totally wrong impression - (male) Japanese fashion DOES NOT cross the ocean well.

Still, I love it all anyway. I still want to wear it all even though I look like a total tool in the US when I do.

At this point I've compromised and usually just try to work it into costumes, or break it out during anime or game conventions.

There's a couple over-shirts I have that are ambiguous enough, that I've gotten compliments on if I wear them with american clothes. But the stuff I REALLY like doesn't "translate" well. Especially these pants:
1338389744.bornes_dsc05847.jpg

I love those fucking pants.

Also that jacket. It's down. I love it so much. It's definitely seen better days now. It's going to need some serious surgery, soon. I hate it when my favorite clothes die. =[

All I have is an old denim jacket from the nineties. It's warm, okay? I don't care if it's not fashionable.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
What are these trends you speak of??

*basically wears nothing but graphic tees*

I don't follow fashion trends much. ^^; I also donate clothing that doesn't fit me anymore when I can. I think my oldest, most comfortable shirt I still own is a white undershirt. It is super soft, barely worn, and about a decade old. I think I've worn it 4 times?

I still have almost all the clothes I bought in Japan (lived there 2010 - 2012), even though I don't fit some of them anymore. They're all (the ones that fit anyway) SO COMFORTABLE, and they look really cool!
When I initially came back to the US I was wearing them all the time, but stopped pretty soon after I realized that it was sending the totally wrong impression - (male) Japanese fashion DOES NOT cross the ocean well.

Still, I love it all anyway. I still want to wear it all even though I look like a total tool in the US when I do.

At this point I've compromised and usually just try to work it into costumes, or break it out during anime or game conventions.

There's a couple over-shirts I have that are ambiguous enough, that I've gotten compliments on if I wear them with american clothes. But the stuff I REALLY like doesn't "translate" well. Especially these pants:
1338389744.bornes_dsc05847.jpg

I love those fucking pants.

Also that jacket. It's down. I love it so much. It's definitely seen better days now. It's going to need some serious surgery, soon. I hate it when my favorite clothes die. =[
God, I wish male Japanese fashion did translate better in the West.....

I'm not sure I have any like long standing fashion pieces, since like. I've been on this earth as long as Poet has had that sweater..... but ah. I do have this one jacket I really like. It's got a bunch of holes and tears, not super visible but it does give off a "worn" vibe sorta. I usually can't wear it where I live because it's so freaking hot, but I try. That's... that's probably the closest I got.

Good lord. I have the best shirt ever passed down to me from my Mom (but it's so small when I raise my arms you can see about an inch or so above my belly button but anyways. It's a cute black tee that says something along these lines:
I ran over my ex-boyfriend so I put it in reverse and hit him again.

I will never get tired of it and I've been trying to find the shirt again so I can get a bigger size LOL.

• Love
...I mean, my closet is basically nerdy shirts and church shirts, mens' cargos, and flannels...all fairly oversized.

My dad says the oversized clothes and flannels is an 80s fashion thing, so I think I inherited something from him there? I don't really know since I'm not a fashion person, and I wasn't alive during the 80s, anyway. :P

I really don't care about fashion trends and the like and my closet is basically just full of band t-shirts, hoodies, and worn jeans.

And then there's my two pairs of cargo pants with lovely camo print. I love them. Though the first pair is too big for me, ridiculously worn and shabby, has blotches of paint on them, and I probably look like an idiot hobo while wearing them. The second pair isn't as horribly oversized and worn but I've had to patch them up a bit and I'll probably have to do that again in the future.

I'll wear those damn pants until the day they fall apart and I'm left standing in the middle of a busy street in my underwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.