What's going on here, yo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in it for the game play, I left with a single loved character.
kH4u9Mi.png

I personally found awakening to have a number of balance issues.

Fun, but horribly easy with the pairing system.
And ditching it kind of ruins several classes due to their abilities relying on it.

Reactions: Vanilla
I personally found awakening to have a number of balance issues.

Fun, but horribly easy with the pairing system.
And ditching it kind of ruins several classes due to their abilities relying on it.
To be honest, yeah. Playing on Classic Hard gives you a little trouble the first few chapters but after you actually get units it gets easy.
I just maxed out Lucina and gave her what I think the best Skill set and class are and run her solo.
Q2GWUvM.jpg

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
To be honest, yeah. Playing on Classic Hard gives you a little trouble the first few chapters but after you actually get units it gets easy.
I just maxed out Lucina and gave her what I think the best Skill set and class are and run her solo.
Q2GWUvM.jpg
Which is great (personally on paper I prefer Assassin Lucina, the Speed and Skill is insane. +Swordfaire should be ridiculous).

Though for me one of the biggest attractions to the fire emblem series is tactics, setting up formations with the units, co-operating to take down bigger foes, proper positioning to hold off hordes of weaker ones etc.
Solo being something that doesn't really allow for any of that.

While Pair-Up has the double hitter of making the pair so powerful they barely need back up, and then effectively cutting your units on the map in half so far less formations are possible.
Which really tempts me to play through with the house rule of no pair ups, ever. Which honestly when I attempted already made the game more enjoyable, but it so many classes (especially main ones like Tactician and Lord) just lost most of their punch and become more just blank/empty classes.

Like seriously, if they just did the following.

1. Toned down the power level of pair ups (or simply remove it outright)
2. Don't make class skills pair up reliant
3. Not have Chapters 1-5 be the challenging ones

The game would've been completely solid balance wise.

Regardless of this though, it still plays fluid and well. And the characters are fun like always. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.