2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Romance, Yaoi, Modern, Slice of Life, Omegaverse, etc
I'm a sucker for random skills that we seem to aquire. So I'm curious, what's a skill you have that's maybe not particularly useful or just super random like you can't find many situations to implement it?

For me, I have a skill where I can type on my phone keyboard almost entirely without looking at the keyboard. I thought it was normal but everytime I'm typing and someone comes up to chat and I look at them while continuing to type they'll pause and be like wtf how?? And I'm like 0.0 my accuracy is so good that sometimes if I accidentally clicked into the symbols page and type if I go back and see the locations of the symbols but on the letter page, they'll be in the exact spot of the letters 😂

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Fluffy
That is quite impressive, Sorrel. xD I am such a graceless phone texter. I can do Touch Typing with computer keyboards but I am uber clumsy with phones and I'm always having to correct my messages.

...Which I guess could count as a 'weird skill' for me. It's 'weird' to people in my family and random strangers I meet at the library or wherever. Most people I meet have to look at their keyboards or at least glance at them while typing. I do not. I know where everything is without looking, and I type with high speed AND high accuracy!

Another weird skill that came to mind is my ability to turn everything into a song or a very dope rap. I drive my son crazy with it, homies. He thinks it's annoying but my husband thinks I belong on a music tour. XD

Reactions: Sorrelfur
Well, I was gonna say that I'm also a speedy touch typist but now that there's at least three of us it doesn't sound so weird anymore 😂

So I guess here's another one: I can wiggle my ears. At the same time and individually. Now, that's useless.

my closest relationship person says I can make "sound everything naughty" (( "Du kannst, dass alles irgendwie anzüglich kingt" ))

So, I have something called ehlers danlos syndrome which is a connective tissue disorder. I can bend my fingers back, move the muscles in my neck/trachea area, and overall contort myself into some interesting positions!

Initially I wanted to claim: 'being able to type and talk at the same time' as my weird skill but everyone has that so far in this thread so I'm looking for something else.

Something I never considered a weird skill but I'm starting to realise that it is weird for //me// to have or at least someone in //my profession//, is that I'm pretty darn good at figuring out finances in a glance. From reading financial reports to pointing out flaws in how bookings are made, to calculating taxes I got a pretty good feel for it and am somewhat proud of that.

Do I like it? No, not at all. I frequently joke I should marry an accountant or a fiscalist so that they can deal with the numerical part of my life, but as I'm getting more involved with them I'm starting to realise that I can actually keep up considerably and in a way better than my colleagues do who have experience but not the knowledge, which is why we outsource it begrudgingly.

Do I think I can compare to an actual fiscalist? No way. I got the theory part down but the maths is where it goes wrong. 😂 My excel skills don't even come near theirs, though I'm pretty proud of that as well.

• Haha
Alright my weird skill? I can whistle through my nose. On command. I don't know WHY or WHEN this started but its incredibly amusing to annoy the dogs with. Mostly cause its high pitched. But if I do it too long, then I mess up my breathing pattern so when I talk normally I just end up nose whistling every word!

I can sus out what spice blends are used in food by taste and smell 🤔 Not *perfectly* but good enough I can recreate the flavor within a close margin!

I have a few interesting skills which are sort of unusual when compared to most other people. I would say writing documentation and explaining things in a way which even the least knowledgeable of people can understand is one of my best skills; most people overcomplicate their explanations of things, so I like to simplify them without losing any detail (something I'm very good at and can even add detail not there in the complicated explanation, which people come to me for a lot of the time they want an explanation of something, especially anything related to my field of work). Not only am I good at it, I love doing it and even classify it as a hobby of mine. I'm also very good at making use of tools to organise my life while documenting everything; I have asset tags, IDs, codenames etc for pretty much everything in my life, from my smartphone to my bed. I've discovered and created a way to almost automatically document every change in my life, all the way down to the small things such as individual lines of code in software, and up to larger parts such as managing my home; version control software has played a crucial role in this, specifically Git (the same VCS most companies use to manage their software, including Android and Linux); my life plans are managed using it, my documentation is managed using it, and, yes, even my RTs on this website are managed using it (now you know where the changelog in almost all of my main threads comes from and why I use one, and why my request thread documentation exists).

Random weird skill that I didn't think of until it became a conversation starter in every conversation I have had: my ability to just settle. I just pick myself up, move heaven and earth and then comfortable seat myself as a stranger that's been there forever. My sense of direction sucks, but at least I will quickly and comfortably get myself nestled in with the locals, even if I don't sound or look anything like them.

That is quite impressive, Sorrel. xD I am such a graceless phone texter. I can do Touch Typing with computer keyboards but I am uber clumsy with phones and I'm always having to correct my messages.

...Which I guess could count as a 'weird skill' for me. It's 'weird' to people in my family and random strangers I meet at the library or wherever. Most people I meet have to look at their keyboards or at least glance at them while typing. I do not. I know where everything is without looking, and I type with high speed AND high accuracy!

Another weird skill that came to mind is my ability to turn everything into a song or a very dope rap. I drive my son crazy with it, homies. He thinks it's annoying but my husband thinks I belong on a music tour. XD
I'm envious of that skill! In school they were hard on us about looking at our keyboards when typing. They'd make us cover the keys or wear glasses to make it impossible to glance down. I'm dog crap at typing on a physical computer without looking down 😂 I probably could type faster if I could do it without looking down

Random weird skill that I didn't think of until it became a conversation starter in every conversation I have had: my ability to just settle. I just pick myself up, move heaven and earth and then comfortable seat myself as a stranger that's been there forever. My sense of direction sucks, but at least I will quickly and comfortably get myself nestled in with the locals, even if I don't sound or look anything like them.
Ooooh damn that's a good skill to have! Nothing worse than moving and just never being able to settle. I can't settle down well in most cases, I didn't do sleepovers as much in school because I couldn't sleep

I don't know that I have any weird skills, but I have some things that I can do and no one else in my family can... and they call me weird for it!
Things that I never thought were things that some people... actually cannot do.

Like crack an egg with one hand.
I really did not know this was a thing that some people actually couldn't.... do