What's a regular day on Iwaku like for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come into threads like this one and reply like this.

Since all my watched threads and PM's are set to send email notifications, I first check my email for new posts and things (this is convenient, because it means that if I don't get through everything then the notifications will still be waiting for me on my email and I won't "break" my alerts :P ). I often look at RP-related stuff and other important things first, then look at replies for everything else. If I'm online from my phone, or just not in a state of mind where I'd be able to give a good answer to something important, then I'll mark the email as unread and come back to it later (again, another advantage over on-site alerts :P ).

Once I've looked at everything in my email, then I go through on-site alerts. And because all the new posts I've gotten alerted about have already been checked through my email, the only things that actually show up as new alerts are just notifications about receiving ratings on my posts, and occasionally being tagged in things.

If I'm still not in focus-mode, then I'll just derp around and look at new replies to GC threads, and other discussion-based areas of the forum.

When I am in focus-mode, I'll go back and look at any RP-related stuff that I may have marked as unread and left alone earlier -- which typically means answering players' questions or updating my off-site posting notes to accurately reflect who most recently posted and who needs to post next. If I'm just poking around at stuff and don't have a ton of time to dedicate to RP's, then I'll go about doing maintenance duties, answering questions in the help desk, and replying to intro threads. If I am in the mood to do RP stuff, then, well, first of all, I'll probably have an IC post that I already wrote while I was offline and multitasking on other stuff -- so I can go ahead and copy that in and post it. Then I can send out a wave of posting reminders and attend to other miscellaneous GM stuff, and then maybe write a few more posts if I have the time (and spoons).

Reactions: Kagayours
Uhhhmmmm the amount of time I spend on Iwaku and Discord is beyond ridiculous 8D;

I don't have email notifications because it drives me crazy, my Gmail is organized in a bunch of folders with auto-direct things etc ...

Since I don't have that many RPs at the moment, I usually check staff things to make sure questions are answered (aw yeah I train the interns and stuff 8D whipmistress right here) then I go on Discord, check the staff Discord, say hi and annoy my friendos, spread all my sappy love to them. I then come here and check GC, lurk in threads, reply when I think I have something interesting to say. I rate posts to show people that I'M HERE LURKING BEWARE. I have my 3-4 tabs of Google Docs open for my RPs in planning.

I look through moderation things to make sure people are doing their jobs and if there's any messes to clean up 8D

I also spend a lot of time on @Diana's things and stuffs.

Then I think about all the other RP ideas I have but don't have time to do at the moment hahahaha 8'D

Checking alerts, and replying to messages.
But lately most of my time has been spent creating 1x1threads, and characters for said roleplays
*DOES THAT RIGHT NOW*
A bunch of image finding/editing/uploading. Things I really like to do despite them being so tedious.

I also stalk quite a bit.
One thread in particular....*goes to see if it updated*

Reactions: Nemopedia and Hana
Scrolling around on threads looking for something to say or do. I'm fairly new, so I feel a little lonely sometimes. I am starting up my first Roleplay on here, so I'm hoping that posting in that will become part of my daily habits!

Scrolling around on threads looking for something to say or do. I'm fairly new, so I feel a little lonely sometimes. I am starting up my first Roleplay on here, so I'm hoping that posting in that will become part of my daily habits!
GC's always a kind place to those of us who feel lonely :3.

That's why it'll always have a place in my
explodingheart.gif~c200
So make sure you keep coming here! ^_^​

Long in, stare at screen. Stare at screen a bit longer then enter chatbox. Get chewed on, stalked, and poked while flitting about the forum like a rat hopped up on speed. Maybe type up a bad mini story, delete said mini story. Stare at the screen some more. Cackle like I'm mentally insane. Log off. >_>

Maybe type up a bad mini story, delete said mini story.
Aw, don't delete! You should post it somewhere, even if it's private, and then you can come back to it. =D

then enter chatbox.
I never actually entered the world of chatbox o.o

I only just recently made a discord and still dunno why.

:'D I am so bad at socializing.

Reactions: Seth Bloodmoon
I usually check Iwaku first thing every morning so long as I'm feeling good. I actually haven't been online much the past few days because I've been sick. x.x;;

But anyhow, on a typical day I peek at staff related duties first thing... after that, I lurk around the Murder Group's general chat, discord server, and try to do things to help the group out. Theeeen, lastly, I reply to roleplays and write blog posts while peeking again at staff duties in between. That's mostly it. ^_^

• Thank You
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
I'm almost always in cbox and/or replying to threads. I also lol around Dischord.

Lately, I have been trying to steal people for an rp or two. *stares at people in the thread*

I've been pretty down as of late and so I just browse around and even though I don't have too much going on in terms of amount of roleplays right now I sit on my phone looking at searches and being too chicken to reply to them. •___•

I should get on the discord.

I've been pretty down as of late and so I just browse around and even though I don't have too much going on in terms of amount of roleplays right now I sit on my phone looking at searches and being too chicken to reply to them. •___•

I should get on the discord.
*whispers* join the discorrrd

First thing I do is check alerts and messages. If I have any that's related to security stuff, I usually check that out first. Messages, I read next. I have the Help Desk on watch so that's my third priority.

Since I am in hardly any role-plays (just two, both with a rather relaxed pace), I spend most of my time in Iwaku just lurking around or otherwise doing staff things. :D

Reactions: Pahndemic and Hana
@Kestrel - For a moment I couldn't tell who you were. o.o'

Status
Not open for further replies.