What's a regular day on Iwaku like for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reply to roleplays. I then whip Hana to reply. Then get whipped to reply. Pretty much my daily life.

Oh, and trying not to get into more roleplays but I lose anyway. I spend most of my time in General Chat or Showcase thread.

I frequent the everywhere. It depends on the day but a lot of the time it's refreshing my alerts on the homepage, Pm's and roleplays. Also discord chat but that's not on Iwaku

I wait for alerts to pop up, then I reply to those, if it's a reply. Every. Single. Day.

I wait for alerts to pop up, then I reply to those, if it's a reply. Every. Single. Day.
*cough cough* being a stalker *cough cough*

I first check on my alerts to see if I've been tagged/mentioned anywhere I'm needed, and then I look to see if @Sen has replied to our roleplays. Same goes for the few group roleplays I might be in. I reply~

My favorite places to hang out are General Chatting and Bored Games, and I've tried coming on more to the Cbox. ^^ Off-site but still Iwaku, I like chatting in our Discord server.

Of course my day isn't complete without @Sen (or her whippings). :P

Most of my time on Iwaku is eaten up by Staff-related duties. I don't have a lot of free time, and I prioritize that sorta thing over joining roleplays. I spend a lot of time lurking in the Discord and being silly with people on there though!

I tend to stick around the General Chatting a lot, but I'm betting that's obvious. Besides that, I do like checking out the Refining Writing section, as well as Roleplay Help and Discussions. I pm my buddy whenever he's on... and besides that, I like to check the Thread Archives because I love nostalgia.

Weekdays I'm mostly on my mobile, so it's weekends on Iwaku when I get to reply to roleplays.

• Love
Reactions: junebug
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
refreshing the page and waiting for alerts even when I'm the one who's supposed to be replying to RPs

stalking people's role-plays/characters/blogs

when I'm really bored it goes like this:
forums (nothing new) > blogs (nothing new) > characters (nothing new) > repeat

QAKFpPF.gif

184.gif

Y1EbFxg.gif

e72.gif

bf3.gif

I wake up and check my phone first thing, because I have my roleplays set to email me on a new reply. I see emails, I log in immediately. I log in immediately anyways, but it gets me excited. Check my alerts, check my PMs, answer what I can, ponder how to do my new exercises in the Mechanics section, check the Iwaku discord, check all the discords, check skype, go back and check Iwaku.

Check Iwaku again if nothing to reply to.

Sit on my exercise ball and bounce around while making high-pitched noises and occasionally refresh.

Get distracted.

Return, refresh, reply.

It never ends and I love it. 8D

I need to work more on my RP search thread, though...

Reactions: Hana and Nemopedia
Check alerts. Read alerts. Refresh alerts a two to eighteen times while checking them.

Read GC. Maybe read one thread.

Thread Archives. Ask myself the same questions Diana asked years ago. Can't reply. Read more threads. Form possible conspiracy theory. Abandon said theory from implausibility.

Stare at the main page for a bit. Realize it's getting late. Stare at GC for a bit. Refresh alerts.

Something like that.

Reactions: Hana and Nemopedia
Check my notifications, check my watched threads, and then lurk around on Iwaku from my phone in the bus.

If there are role play replies I read these, draft up a reply mentally, and write it out once I reach a laptop. Usually I draft it out in gdocs from my phone first and then flesh it out once I have the time.

Reactions: Hana and Pahndemic
I mostly keep it open in a tab while working. Originally I was only in the general chat, or in the redstar bedroom. I read my PMs too. Now my attention is on a specific RP. I feel like I write faster than most, so it can be a bit dull to spend an hour or less on a post then have to wait a lot.

Reactions: Nemopedia and Hana
This is almost always spread out over a while since I'm usually multi-tasking while doing this!

Let's see, first thing when I go to Iwaku for the day is to check messages if I have any, see what's up. Then I go to the alerts. I see where I was tagged, who quoted me and what they said, etc.

Then there's usually staff things to do and look into. After that is to do a few checkups to make sure that all is well - help desk if it has new posts, see what's been going on in General. I answer General threads if I feel like I have any relevant input. I check on the chatbox to make sure that there are no /haven't been any shenanigans.

After all that, I will usually go to my roleplays and read any replies there are. Start thinking about how my characters will react to it, what might happen next. The writing will usually take place later when I have time!

If I have more time after checking the replies, I will usually lurk about a bit, see if there are any threads that I didn't feel the need to answer before that I could answer anyway after more thought.

when I'm really bored it goes like this:
forums (nothing new) > blogs (nothing new) > characters (nothing new) > repeat

Basically me every day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.