What's a dream you have in life?

A

Artemis Regis

Original poster
So as the title suggests, I want to hear your dreams and wishes, no matter how big or small. Is it something material? Something more sentimental?

For me, it's finally having a nice decent house, and a family. I want a decent house because we need the space and have lived in trailers longer than I care to admit. As for a family, we've been together for almost nine years, and we feel ready for the challenge of children in our lives. Sadly, we don't have the space at the moment to accommodate such a thing.

Please post as many times as you'd like!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a couple I guess. I'd like to get married one day, though I'm not terribly social lol. And playing in a professional orchestra, not likely to happen since I don't play much but maybe one day. Never know!

• Love
Reactions: Artemis Regis
I'd love to get married and have kids. My partner and I have been together for almost four years now but we can't really settle down until both of us are out of university with stable jobs, haha.

I also really want to travel! It's really expensive, so I doubt I'll be able to do it as much as I'd like to, but teaching and learning languages all over the world has always been a dream of mine ><

• Love
So I really want to write and publish at least one book. It's something I've wanted to do since I was a kid, but dang if it's not the hardest thing ever to actually accomplish. O_O I always get stuck somewhere in the process though, cause writing by myself is not as fun as writing with a partner.

I also really really really really want to see Poets of the Fall in concert one day. =_= They only placed ONCE in America and I missed it. I don't think I will ever have the chance to travel to Europe to see them.

• Love
Oh my goodness, soooo many things....

As of right now though, I'd really like to write/RP, read, and study Mandarin more. It's really hard to find time with life how it currently is. One day though... one day...

Long term, I'd like to publish a book and I'd like to travel the world. Learning a few more languages would be really cool too! :heart:

• Love
I love all of these! I have a few to add to my own. I'd really like to go skydiving and deep sea diving, things being as they are, I'll never have the money of time to spare for either, but I still dream of doing these things. I'd like to publish a book, but I don't have the writing skills or patience for it, and I'm also too indecisive when it comes to reading over what's already there. I begin to want to change things up, and that makes for an inconsistent story. Aside from that, I'd really love to have my dream car.

I want to be a court judge, currently working towards that one. I want to travel around the world. I want to write something that inspires others to do the same like I have been inspired by my favourite books and authors. Those are some wishes and dreams I have from the top of my head, but there are so many more.

I dream to be taller, but you know.

Reactions: LunaValentine
- meet and get married to a nice, handsome man and live near the woods in a nice little home with several cats, lots of plants, and a garden... someone to go foraging and traipsing around in the woods with, someone to take on nice little house projects with. Just have a space to call my own with someone I love dearly.

- write a YA fantasy novel that features a gay romance for gay youth. No coming out struggles, no issue fic, just a fantasy adventure with a gay protagonist who will get his happily ever after. I struggle with this because I really don't like 'YA novel culture' and I definitely do not want to have to be an active, willing participant in YA author twitter, which seems like a necessity if you want to try and market yourself, but this is something I've always wanted to do. I hope I can do it one day, even if it's just to say that I did do it.

- illustrate children's books. I had the opportunity to do similar work a couple years ago but got fucked out of all my money. It wasn't a great experience, BUT I finished all the work that I had, I accomplished something, it's there for me to be proud of. And I enjoyed it too. Minus the not getting paid the money I was owed part.